Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Bones' Inspiration Kathy Reichs Inspires Girls in Science

+2
i_heart_bones
bugaboo628
6 posters

Go down

'Bones' Inspiration Kathy Reichs Inspires Girls in Science Empty 'Bones' Inspiration Kathy Reichs Inspires Girls in Science

Post by bugaboo628 Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:45 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

'Bones' Inspiration Kathy Reichs Inspires Girls in Science Empty Re: 'Bones' Inspiration Kathy Reichs Inspires Girls in Science

Post by i_heart_bones Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:00 am

Thanks for the post bug!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

'Bones' Inspiration Kathy Reichs Inspires Girls in Science Empty Re: 'Bones' Inspiration Kathy Reichs Inspires Girls in Science

Post by Dingo Van Horn Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:43 pm

Thanks for the link. Interesting article Smile

Since watching Bones I've been looking at the different kinds of university degrees based on anthropology (just out of interest). The only thing that puts me off from seriously considering Forensic Anthropology as an option (not that I have any plans to study) is having to deal with the rotting flesh before getting to the bones puke
Dingo Van Horn
Dingo Van Horn

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:52 pm

Dingo Van Horn wrote:Thanks for the link. Interesting article Smile

Since watching Bones I've been looking at the different kinds of university degrees based on anthropology (just out of interest). The only thing that puts me off from seriously considering Forensic Anthropology as an option (not that I have any plans to study) is having to deal with the rotting flesh before getting to the bones puke

Welcome at the ABY Dingo!

well I considered studying Forensic Anthropology, but it's nothing you can do in Germany (it is possible to study Archeology and Medicine or just take Osteology classes, but that wouldn't be the same) so I took a look at the international possibilities.....and they are WAY too expensive for me.....so now I'm studying English..... Laughing

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Van Horn Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:56 pm

If you're German I believe you can study in the UK and be entitled to their study grants and government tuition loans just the same as a UK citizen. The beauty of the European Union *sigh* sometimes I really don't like where I'm from lol

Are you studying English Language or Literature?
Dingo Van Horn
Dingo Van Horn

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:58 pm

Dingo Van Horn wrote:If you're German I believe you can study in the UK and be entitled to their study grants and government tuition loans just the same as a UK citizen. The beauty of the European Union *sigh* sometimes I really don't like where I'm from lol

Are you studying English Language or Literature?

both

where are you from?

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:04 pm

Dingo Van Horn wrote:Thanks for the link. Interesting article Smile

I've considered too, but just like you I don't think I could stomach all of it.
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Van Horn Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:06 pm

Tozika - I'm from Australia

Bonesfanatic - LOL I can deal with Bone but body fluids and stuff make me squeamish
Dingo Van Horn
Dingo Van Horn

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:07 pm

Dingo Van Horn wrote:Tozika - I'm from Australia

Bonesfanatic - LOL I can deal with Bone but body fluids and stuff make me squeamish

yep, same here Very Happy
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:10 pm

I don't think I would have had a problem with that....maybe the smell would have been hard at first.....but you never know, maybe I would have fainted all the time Laughing

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Van Horn Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:20 pm

Don't even mention the smell. I start heaving when I walk by dog poo. Rotten corpse + me = bad idea

Fainting is an excellent way to deal with situations you don't want to be in lol
Dingo Van Horn
Dingo Van Horn

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:46 pm

It's actually not so bad Smile You get used to it much like you do other things.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:04 pm

future_anthro wrote:It's actually not so bad Smile You get used to it much like you do other things.

hmmm I'm going to have to disagree. It's like you get used to it, but just manage to tolerate it. The smell still seeps into your nostrils... [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:02 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:
future_anthro wrote:It's actually not so bad Smile You get used to it much like you do other things.

hmmm I'm going to have to disagree. It's like you get used to it, but just manage to tolerate it. The smell still seeps into your nostrils... [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
You are right, it is a smell that can stay with you. At the same time i've managed to get used to it and it no longer bothers me at all. That said.. i have a dodgy sense of smell so maybe it's just me! Very Happy
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down