Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x17 The Death of the Queen Bee ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

+18
MI_Bonesgirl
jcn747
talkaboutbones
olivia
tinkrella
MoonlightGardenias
THX1138
i_heart_bones
otismotis
Ankuuh
DONEWITHIT
anteater
CanadianBones
SnoopGirl
Fluffernutter
treble21
bugaboo628
22 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

5x17 The Death of the Queen Bee ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 5 Empty Re: 5x17 The Death of the Queen Bee ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by THX1138 Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:30 am

dawnsfire wrote:
otismotis wrote:I agree with SnoopGirl, how was Booth mean. He agreed to go undercover as her husband, which was Sweets idea. He corrected her a couple of times, lovingly, I thought. I did not see any real awkwardness between them, except for the dancing at first. Continuity, I didn't think she went to high school in Maryland.

Yes, she does seem totally clueless, but she is at her high school reunion.....since she was not liked in high school, considered weird etc, she still felt the animosity (sp) from her classmates, therefore the bluntness. I liked the episode overall.
She didn't...she went in Illinois, in or near Chicago. They do say near the beginning that they flew out, though "where" is never specified. That's why they used the video cams.
My Queen is, as usual, correct. Brennan went to school in Suburban Chicago, when her folks abandoned her they found the car abandoned in Ohio, her mother's relatives are located in Minnesota...she's very much a Midwestern girl.

I am given to understand high school reunions are difficult in any case, and it's very easy to fall back into the old behavior problems. Interesting that not much was actually made of her success in the real world, though she tried. Obviously only the janitor reads!
I've never seen the point of HS reunions - it seems like attendees fall into one of three general categories - those that never moved on after HS, those that want to rub it in the faces of their tormentors, and that happy handful that think it's gonna be great to see how everyone's changed. The first group are miserable, the second are obnoxious, and the third drive you insane with their relentlessly upbeat and innane commentary. Rolling Eyes Anyway I found it odd too that only Buxley read her book. You'd think with all the press she's gotten someone would have read it - or at the very least commented "So you're that Temperence Brennan...wow, I just always thought it was someone else. I mean, your picture looks so normal on the book." cover.

As or whether Booth was mean to her or not, I read it as he was trying to move on, distance himself. Maybe it's a little overkill? He's trying too hard?

queen
I don't know about trying too hard but I found it to be both, he was trying to move on and keep some emotional distance between them and he resented her for not giving them a chance so his behaviour was a tad mean.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

5x17 The Death of the Queen Bee ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 5 Empty Re: 5x17 The Death of the Queen Bee ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by THX1138 Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:37 am

katharine wrote:
nati.cba wrote:I loved that slow dance but this vid made me think it was even cuter and more perfect than what it was! forget the context and what happened in 100th and enjoy!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

This video reassures me much more that HH ever could. When watching the actual show I think you miss some of the expressions, but this video, maybe because of the song added, gives me hope. The look on Brennan's face says it all. That begging to dance, the content smile, the way she tilts her head into his shoulder, that's a woman in love. She just needs some jolts to tell her that her best friend won't be around much more if she doesn't open up her heart. She opened it for the lady who's son died in GitG when they all went to his funeral, remember "heart crushing". Now she needs to dig down deeper and open it for that hunky, soulful, gorgeous man in the blue FBI t shirt - WOW......
Sorry Kate, but the problem with that video is it's not HH's vision - it's nice and all, but heck. My girl Lil' Bit (verticallychallengedcutie) has put together some videos that would make you think they're already dating, and they're not. The point is, it's a false hope. I do take heart in one thing - I heard a lecture by Kathy Reichs the other day (thanks Sherry!) and according to her two things I now believe: One - she says HH has a plan for them and it's progressing as he'd hoped (Season Six is the one AFAIK), Two there's a very real possibility that Fox will pick them up for two more years (8 seasons total). That can either be very good (two more seasons only with them together, exploring the complexities of maintaining their professional relationship and their personal one at the same time) or very bad (two more seasons of this will they/won't they shit that will have me on a plan to Hollyweird where I will stick HH's word processor right up his...).

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by nati.cba Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:22 am

katharine wrote:
nati.cba wrote:I loved that slow dance but this vid made me think it was even cuter and more perfect than what it was! forget the context and what happened in 100th and enjoy!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

This video reassures me much more that HH ever could. When watching the actual show I think you miss some of the expressions, but this video, maybe because of the song added, gives me hope. The look on Brennan's face says it all. That begging to dance, the content smile, the way she tilts her head into his shoulder, that's a woman in love. She just needs some jolts to tell her that her best friend won't be around much more if she doesn't open up her heart. She opened it for the lady who's son died in GitG when they all went to his funeral, remember "heart crushing". Now she needs to dig down deeper and open it for that hunky, soulful, gorgeous man in the blue FBI t shirt - WOW......

Emily's acting can be more appreciated with the slow video, I agree. Her face and body language says everything! And the two seconds when the scene finishes, when she tilts her head into his shoulder are so cute!
She's definitely IN LOVE and I think if it wasn't HH vision, then Emily shouldn't be acting like that after all.
So there's still hope! Smile
nati.cba
nati.cba
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum