Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x15 The Bones on a Blue Line ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

+19
CanadianBones
tinkrella
MoonlightGardenias
SnoopGirl
Lyanna Stark
olivia
Murphs93
Kajunblueyes
THX1138
Meegs82
IheartB&B
sparklyshoes
Miller259
treble21
Fluffernutter
i_heart_bones
flyersfan35
DBCrazy
bugaboo628
23 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

5x15 The Bones on a Blue Line ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: 5x15 The Bones on a Blue Line ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by olivia Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:44 am

Lyanna Stark wrote:I think (or would like to think) that some people are overreacting about Angela's role in helping Brennan write the "steamy" bits. If she's just offering suggestions, then she's not actually writing anything that Brennan is taking credit for. Yes, it's nice of Brennan to decide to give her a cut of her profits, but I don't think she was somehow plagiarizing by *not* doing so. Yes, Booth was surprised, but if he'd been disappointed in her for taking all the credit (rather than a little startled to think that Angela's worked her way into his and Brennan's imaginary sex life) then I think he would have told her.

As for Riku's (sp?) comment... yes, Brennan obviously was thinking about her and Angela, but are we sure Riku wasn't simply talking about the case? Did she ever even find out about Angela's contributions?

I had the same thought, because wasn't it specifically stated that Booth adressed this with her when they were alone?

olivia
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 271
Say What You Want : Where's the Buck Moosejaw I married?
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

5x15 The Bones on a Blue Line ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: 5x15 The Bones on a Blue Line ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by SnoopGirl Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:19 am

Don't write that, don't write dirtbag."
Loved it cheers

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:31 am

Overall this wasn't that bad of an episode. Finding out that Ange writes some of the more steamy stuff was a little disappointing, but then again she doesn't necessarily write them so much as offer suggestions. And yes, Booth did seem a little bit disappointed.

I was also wondering for about half of the episode why Booth wasn't in this one that much until I remembered David directed the 100th, which he was presumably planning and working on while this one was in production.

Sweets and Daisy are just adorable. They're making her more tolerable, to me anyway, which is a good thing.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:46 pm

I'm not sure if I liked this episode because it's been so long or if it was good. I feel like...I would have watched booth and brennan read the phone book and still liked it at this point lol what can I say? After 8 weeks I'm easy to please. Razz

The angela thing doesn't bother me at all. Being familiar with the writing industry sort of helps that because essentially, Angela is doing something her editor would have done anyway. Gosh...if that's all that needed help in her novels she got off LUCKY. Sometimes they change and re-write entire plots/characters/themes. ect.

i think it was important to booth because he always felt she was really writing about him and her. To find out it wasn't her....it freaked him out. I kind of got the feeling angela understood that when she said "don't do that..." she's perceptive like that.

The daisy sweets stuff fell a little flat for me. I don't know why. I think those two characters together annoy me rather than excite me, but I do admit they are good for each other. I'm glad daisy has someone who appreciates her and sweets as well. I liked the brennan seemed to be a little warmer towards daisy.

One thing I do have to complain about.....I know toyota is in the hole right now. I know and understand advertisers are basically the reason shows get to do what they get to do because they shell out the dough for it...but seriously? That anglela sienna thing was just terrible. Kudos to Michaela. Her acting was perhaps the only thing that kept that scene from being flat out 1993 Zack Morris looks at the camera and says 'i drink coke because it's refreshing.' Razz What is this, the season for product placements? First the avatar junk then the toyota prius (even though brennan has a benz!) and now the stupid mini van? lol

i know they've done it in previous seasons but it never seemed to stand out as bad to me as it does now.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:39 am

I really liked this episode. I think that has to be the saddest beginning of an episode ever though, poor Sweets. Love how Booth was kinda looking out for him though. When I heard there was going to be a wedding this season I immediately figured it would be Sweets and Daisy, but was then thrown when Jared said he was getting married. So happy for them, so sweet. Also loved Daisy and Angela in the car, funny and I must say Sienna vans are pretty awesome! To me product placement happens, yes some is more obvious than others but whatever (like when you can just see the Apple or Dell logos versus, oh let's take Angela's Matrix or now her Sienna, lol) it has to happen, gives them/network money. LOL at Tinkerella for your Zack Morris comparison, oh the good old Bayside gang.

I liked how we got the B&B moment at the end as usually.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:36 pm

There was one little thing that bugged be after the episode...

When you see Daisy on the ladder in bone storage, she is wearing wedge heels. Who wears wedges on a ladder? Isn't that unsafe?
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by himbeer29 Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:15 am

tinkrella wrote:

One thing I do have to complain about.....I know toyota is in the hole right now. I know and understand advertisers are basically the reason shows get to do what they get to do because they shell out the dough for it...but seriously? That anglela sienna thing was just terrible. Kudos to Michaela. Her acting was perhaps the only thing that kept that scene from being flat out 1993 Zack Morris looks at the camera and says 'i drink coke because it's refreshing.' Razz What is this, the season for product placements? First the avatar junk then the toyota prius (even though brennan has a benz!) and now the stupid mini van? lol

i know they've done it in previous seasons but it never seemed to stand out as bad to me as it does now.

It's all shows now, on all the stations. I think networks and advertisers are trying to find ways around people recording the shows, watching them on a delay, and then fastforwarding through all of the commercials. To me, it looks like they're just getting more desperate, and therefore more obvious, with their incorporated advertising.
himbeer29
himbeer29
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 10638
Say What You Want : Chicks Against Energy Drinks = C.A.E.D ♫♪Because they are bad for you♪♫ (Thanks to Turi!)
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankuuh Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:08 am

tinkrella wrote:

That was just terrible, I was like,...euhm....right....must be the sponsor. It did bug me, especially because Angela is the last person I would see go over the moon about a car ever. But that is just my opinion.

The overal episode I liked.I found the part with Angela and Hodgins with the thing that I do hilarious. And for me the fact that Angela suggests things for the steamy part wasnt a big surprise because I totally see her do that. It was really sweet of Brennan to give her a share to I think.
Ankuuh
Ankuuh
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:14 am

While we're talking cars...did anybody else notice, when Hodgins was taking Sweets home, that Sweets said, "you didn't have to take me home. I have a car." (paraphrased)

I'm thinking, uh no, you rode the rail to work! Maybe it was supposed to showcase how scattered his thinking was, I dunno.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by CiscoAg Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:11 am

30 Rock does the best job with the plug in advertising. They always make fun of themselves plugging companies with obvious looks at the camera and mockingly praising comments towards their supporting companies. 30 Rock is my "Bones" of comedy shows.
CiscoAg
CiscoAg
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 62
Say What You Want : Writer. Musician. Lover of Night Cheese and The Savior.

I go to Texas A&M University. Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2012.

Follow me on Twitter and/or Tumblr!

www.twitter.com/tinacisco

http://frandisco.tumblr.com

Registration date : 2010-01-31

http://www.twitter.com/tinacisco

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum