Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emily arriving at Amy Adam's baby shower

+2
tinkrella
bugaboo628
6 posters

Go down

Emily arriving at Amy Adam's baby shower Empty Emily arriving at Amy Adam's baby shower

Post by bugaboo628 Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:59 am

Here are some pics of Emily arriving at Amy Adam's baby shower on March 27th.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Emily arriving at Amy Adam's baby shower Empty Re: Emily arriving at Amy Adam's baby shower

Post by tinkrella Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:53 am

awww i didn't know she was friends with amy adams! is that her car? she has a prius doesn't she?

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Emily arriving at Amy Adam's baby shower Empty Re: Emily arriving at Amy Adam's baby shower

Post by CanadianBones Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:29 am

her shades are awesome.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:28 am

OMG! It's the potato sack dress! Where's Ella? Actually where is Ella? Wow, I've not heard from baby girl in a while, but for folks who don't recall there is a pic of Em in that exact dress and it did not fit her anywhere near as well as it does here - it basically looked like a potato sack on her. It looks much better in these pics, though I hate her in muted colors like that, my baby looks so much better in more vibrant ones. Still hot though, and she looks great, love her hair pulled back too, nice expanse of neck...

king RM

What? I'm a well known vampire - I got a thing for necks, I think they're sexy...and tasty.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:17 am

is it the same exact dress? or one just like it? maybe she got it altered to fit better. it's not one of my favs i'll admit. more because of the colors than anything else. i like the belt though (or is it part of the dress?) i think it gives her waste definition which is nice.

I also love that she is comfortable enough to wear the same outfit more than once.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:40 am

tinkrella wrote:is it the same exact dress? or one just like it? maybe she got it altered to fit better. it's not one of my favs i'll admit. more because of the colors than anything else. i like the belt though (or is it part of the dress?) i think it gives her waste definition which is nice.

I also love that she is comfortable enough to wear the same outfit more than once.
Yep it's the same dress, but the fit is better, and I don't think she had it altered - in fact I think she was just thinner when she wore it last:

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

See her protruding clavicle? She was thin-thin back then, now she's got a healthier look - still slim and trim, but attractively packed as it were (I like women who look like women - all y'all are meant to have curves, not look like 12 year old boys Rolling Eyes ). So I'm betting she's just put back on whatever weight she'd lost when they first fitted her for the dress and now it's hanging the way it should.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:55 am

Thanks rob. It looks like she's using a different belt this time around too. the dress looks better in natural light!

She was super skinny there for awhile. I really am not one to comment on a girls weight but it is very noticeable in some of the early bones episodes and I just think she looks so much healthier and normal now. I don't know if she purposefully gained it or just bulked up with added work outs but she looks awesome! I say it all the time, but Emily is refreshing!

I'm a chid of the 90's and probably the biggest example of how the TV at the time reflected negatively on my body image growing up. All we saw were these sickly thin, plastic women running around in red bathing suits and it screwed with what I thought "normal" was. I remember being 12 and going on "a diet" so I could look like Pamela Anderson. It's a shame...so seeing Emily go on the View proudly telling the world she's a size 8 (and not complaining that she should be smaller) means so much to me.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:10 am

tinkrella wrote:Thanks rob. It looks like she's using a different belt this time around too. the dress looks better in natural light!

She was super skinny there for awhile. I really am not one to comment on a girls weight but it is very noticeable in some of the early bones episodes and I just think she looks so much healthier and normal now. I don't know if she purposefully gained it or just bulked up with added work outs but she looks awesome! I say it all the time, but Emily is refreshing!

I'm a chid of the 90's and probably the biggest example of how the TV at the time reflected negatively on my body image growing up. All we saw were these sickly thin, plastic women running around in red bathing suits and it screwed with what I thought "normal" was. I remember being 12 and going on "a diet" so I could look like Pamela Anderson. It's a shame...so seeing Emily go on the View proudly telling the world she's a size 8 (and not complaining that she should be smaller) means so much to me.
See! That's what I'm talking about. I'm a guy who loves women, seriously, I have a real affection for the female of the species and not just in a sexual sense. It drives me nuts that hollywood has afflicted our society with this unhealthy, unrealtistic "Size 2" mentality that has pre-teen girls starving themselves and healthy women mutilating their bodies. I'm sick and freakin' tired of them trotting out some stick figure with silicone fun bags that look like somone shoved a grapefruit inside a tangerine's skin, and telling me "This is beauty". Beautiful to me is healthy, a woman with curves, hips, real breasts, and yes, some of them are thick and have thighs and carry some weight, but that's real and that's sexy to me. Emily is so beautiful, amazingly so, because she's naturally beautiful - not plastic, not a surgeons idea of beauty, she's just her.

Seriously, when Whitney Thompson wins ANTM and is classified as a "Plus Size" model because she's not a size 0? We've got problems. I'm climbing off my soap box now, just felt the need.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:17 am

Oh it's my soap box too! don't worry lol

I wish I had watched bones two years ago when I was taking my women's studies course. We talked for almost a whole semester about body image in the media. I would have loved to use Emily as a good example of someone young girls could look up to.

p.s. i really like her in the silver dress in your pic. that's a great color on her.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:44 am

tinkrella wrote:Thanks rob. It looks like she's using a different belt this time around too. the dress looks better in natural light!

She said that she lost weight 'cuz of the stress of work. She had to adjust to the grueling schedule and it took her awhile and as a result, she lost weight unintentionally. By the beginning of S3, she had figured out how to manage everything and started putting weight back on. But it wasn't something she ever did intentionally, the weight loss OR the weight gain.

I'm a child of the '90s too and I know exactly what you're talking about.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:56 am

tinkrella wrote:Oh it's my soap box too! don't worry lol

I wish I had watched bones two years ago when I was taking my women's studies course. We talked for almost a whole semester about body image in the media. I would have loved to use Emily as a good example of someone young girls could look up to.
Heh, a good sign of just how screwed up I am, I took a women's studies class in college (I needed the humanities credit to graduate and that was one of the only classes that fit my schedule) it was on Feminist Themes in Cinema - it should have been called "Men, why we hate'em." but I digress - anyway as one of the few men, and the only straight man, in the room what got me was the number of self hating women with body issues in what was meant to be a class on feminism. It was so totally screwed up that when the topic actually came up you'd have thought I was an alien for suggesting that real men don't actually want women to look like that, and women were their own worst enemies for letting themsleves get pushed into accepting that crap. The teacher probably would have gutted me right then and there but the one friend I'd made in the class was this burly butch lesbian (hey, I'd have thought twice about taking a swing at her) who jumped to my defense.

p.s. i really like her in the silver dress in your pic. that's a great color on her.
Yes, I agree. In fact as you can tell:
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
I happen to think silver is a very, very good color on her.

lovedoctor RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:00 am

Meegs82 wrote:

She said that she lost weight 'cuz of the stress of work. She had to adjust to the grueling schedule and it took her awhile and as a result, she lost weight unintentionally. By the beginning of S3, she had figured out how to manage everything and started putting weight back on. But it wasn't something she ever did intentionally, the weight loss OR the weight gain.

That's kinda what I thought. Em's never struck me a the kind of person to starve herself just to be super skinny, and I recall when Buffy first hit the airwaves - SMG looked great in the first season, but it was only 13 episodes. The second and third seasons she got progressively thinner because she had difficulty adapting to the rigors of a TV shooting schedule with her normal life's demands as well as shooting films. It took her more than a couple of years to adapt really, I'm just glad Em figured it out as quickly as she did - that work is gruelling really, I don't know how people do it.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:02 am

Meegs82 wrote:

Thanks for the info! I never heard that before. i figured it wasn't intentional but wasn't sure. I bet if I had that schedual I'd have the same problem!

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:09 am

I took women's studies because I needed the credit too! lol It wasn't as bad as what you had to endure. the teacher was pretty fem and a bunch of the girls were too. The media aspect of it was really interesting (AND SAD) because kids in america grow up in an environment where thinner is always better....even though when you poll most men they don't find "sickly thin" attractive. Apparently it all started with Twiggy in the 60's because Marilyn Monroe was like...a 14 or something in todays standards and she is one of the sexiest women of all time.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by sparklyshoes Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:13 pm

Whilst I'm the first to look at pics like these and buy trashy mags whilst waiting in line at the grocery store, these ones made me feel kind of sorry for Em - they seem more obtrusive than usual.

I don't know, every know and again I think of how annoying it must be to be a celebrity - imagine going to a friend's baby shower and having photographers snap away while you're having the car valet-ed?

Still, as I said, I keep looking at them and I guess that's why they keep getting taken...

There's my little rant done!

Oh and I can't believe how much better the dress looks this time around than in the Fox pic...she is a fab role model and is probably still super slim compared to the average gal on the street - damn you Hollywood and your impossible body standards!

sparklyshoes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 111
Say What You Want : "I want to punch the writers sometimes"
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:42 pm

I'm pretty sure she expected the papps to be there though. (not that it makes it okay) but when you have an a list star like amy adams....it usually draws a crowd. It's the times when they stalk stars at their houses that really bug me. To the best of my knowledge they've never done that to Em at least...not that we've seen and I'm glad because it really is a shame to be followed around like that.

It's interesting I was reading an interview with zooey where she says that usually the papps arn't there "for her" but they'll take pics of her anyway if they see her and she likes to hide behind big hats and stuff.

I have mixed feelings about the media. It's one thing to be photographed at an event....it's another to be followed home. I guess it's a hard line to draw. Reason number 1,000 I could never handle being a celeb lol

Emily does seem like a trooper though...I guess you just have to shrug it off or else you'd go crazy

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down