Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Venting Thread

+43
joybrennan
AmandaMarshall
HermioneGirl101
jsgemini
tinge1990
dddodson
Brain&Heart
katharine
krusty1489
future_anthro
LoveU2
Turi ray of sunshine
treble21
MoonlightGardenias
riviera41797
_Sunny_
Bella Loony
verticallychallangedcutie
olivia
smile0303
SnoopGirl
DripPan
heirofloki
bones_fanatic19
THX1138
Sany
i_heart_bones
Kasper
PIMP
Nightowl
ToZiKa
G
phoebsfan
willgirl
DBCrazy
dawnsfire
bones206
19ana89
howie
queen bess
himbeer29
A2BOREANAZ
flyersfan35
47 posters

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

The Venting Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Venting Thread

Post by Nightowl Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:55 pm

katharine wrote:
Nightowl wrote:I can't vent this anywhere else, so sorry folks, you get it here.
There is a battle brewing in my family, where I am so absolutely in the middle it pains me. My heart is sure, but my brain is being pulled and manipulated so much I want to scream. I can't make everyone happy in this case, and the one I will make happy with absolute certainty, doesn't deserve the guilt she will feel when it goes down. I've been avoiding the inevitable, but the time for battle approaches.
Damn.

I've been in your shoes. Not knowing the exact situation, but here is what I have formulated in the past year or so for me, because it sounds like you might be feeling a sense of guilt over your decision you have to make too.
I have found that guilt is my biggest carryon bag of life. And there were a couple of days that I took for myself and sat down and said why do I feel this way. Why so much guilt. I was trying to please everyone in my immediate family, sometimes not getting a good return of my efforts, but feeling enormous guilt on my part. I figured out I couldn't be everything to everyone. I stepped back and decided I will love them all, but I will be everything for me. Then one day I watched "up in the air" with George Clooney and I thought, you know, that's what I am doing now. I am taking things out of my big ass carryon in life (his backpack) and making my load lighter.
I am now pleasing me instead of everyone else. I took a vacation to visit a friend in Florida and didn't feel a bit of guilt that I should have gone to see a family member.
My biggest step has been to sell off or give away more and more of my late mother's items that I have no need for, but have kept some 10 years after her death. Kept them out of guilt that somehow she would be mad at me for disposing of them. I can't burden that any longer. Love and guilt should never go hand in hand. But unfortunately a great deal of time they do. Everyday my carryon gets lighter. Hopefully you will find that with your situation and your friend or family member that you are sticking up for or giving guidance too. People who really love us know that decisions we make out of love are always for the best.
Good luck.
Thank you. bowdown
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6901
Say What You Want : ~~~~~~~
BATMAN JUNK

Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by G Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Nightowl wrote:
katharine wrote:
Nightowl wrote:I can't vent this anywhere else, so sorry folks, you get it here.
There is a battle brewing in my family, where I am so absolutely in the middle it pains me. My heart is sure, but my brain is being pulled and manipulated so much I want to scream. I can't make everyone happy in this case, and the one I will make happy with absolute certainty, doesn't deserve the guilt she will feel when it goes down. I've been avoiding the inevitable, but the time for battle approaches.
Damn.

I've been in your shoes. Not knowing the exact situation, but here is what I have formulated in the past year or so for me, because it sounds like you might be feeling a sense of guilt over your decision you have to make too.
I have found that guilt is my biggest carryon bag of life. And there were a couple of days that I took for myself and sat down and said why do I feel this way. Why so much guilt. I was trying to please everyone in my immediate family, sometimes not getting a good return of my efforts, but feeling enormous guilt on my part. I figured out I couldn't be everything to everyone. I stepped back and decided I will love them all, but I will be everything for me. Then one day I watched "up in the air" with George Clooney and I thought, you know, that's what I am doing now. I am taking things out of my big ass carryon in life (his backpack) and making my load lighter.
I am now pleasing me instead of everyone else. I took a vacation to visit a friend in Florida and didn't feel a bit of guilt that I should have gone to see a family member.
My biggest step has been to sell off or give away more and more of my late mother's items that I have no need for, but have kept some 10 years after her death. Kept them out of guilt that somehow she would be mad at me for disposing of them. I can't burden that any longer. Love and guilt should never go hand in hand. But unfortunately a great deal of time they do. Everyday my carryon gets lighter. Hopefully you will find that with your situation and your friend or family member that you are sticking up for or giving guidance too. People who really love us know that decisions we make out of love are always for the best.
Good luck.
Thank you. bowdown
^^ What she said. hug I love you
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 8770
Say What You Want : Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Man in Black: You're that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Man in Black: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by howie Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:44 pm

So tired of being made to feel guilty and be the bad guy. Sad
howie
howie
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 7672
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:42 pm

How can a weedy douchebag manage to make people feel so small?!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:49 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:How can a weedy douchebag manage to make people feel so small?!

That is what douchebag's do best........LOL.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:15 am

howie wrote:So tired of being made to feel guilty and be the bad guy. Sad
then dont feel guilty or feel like the bad guy.....its up to you how you feel..........
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by howie Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:21 am

A2BOREANAZ wrote:
howie wrote:So tired of being made to feel guilty and be the bad guy. Sad
then dont feel guilty or feel like the bad guy.....its up to you how you feel..........
This I know..but in this case it's hard, I am trying. Thank you though.
howie
howie
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:24 pm

katharine wrote:
i_heart_bones wrote:How can a weedy douchebag manage to make people feel so small?!

That is what douchebag's do best........LOL.
Yep I'd agree with you there!!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:40 pm

Another shit leader for our country....
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:18 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:Another shit leader for our country....

Yep...I don't see what the point was in booting him out
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:47 am

How is it that someone who was complaining 2 weeks ago that she didn't have enough money to buy her prescriptions or pay her bills, and who only had $30 to live on until her next disability check in July is now saying that she has paid off her credit cards and is getting a tattoo next week? It's especially annoying since she has been complaining on facebook constantly that she doesn't even have enough money for food...but she's gonna spend money to get a tattoo? wtf??

Ugh...sorry, but that stuff annoys me. I don't care what she spends her money on, as long as she's not trying to gain sympathy by writing about how poor she is every day on facebook...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:46 am

flyersfan35 wrote:How is it that someone who was complaining 2 weeks ago that she didn't have enough money to buy her prescriptions or pay her bills, and who only had $30 to live on until her next disability check in July is now saying that she has paid off her credit cards and is getting a tattoo next week? It's especially annoying since she has been complaining on facebook constantly that she doesn't even have enough money for food...but she's gonna spend money to get a tattoo? wtf??

Ugh...sorry, but that stuff annoys me. I don't care what she spends her money on, as long as she's not trying to gain sympathy by writing about how poor she is every day on facebook...
I know what you mean. I have a friend on facebook who is constantly posting provocative pictures of herself, and then is constantly complaining that random men are creeping her profile and leaving messages. Rolling Eyes
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6901
Say What You Want : ~~~~~~~
BATMAN JUNK

Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:14 pm

Nightowl wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:How is it that someone who was complaining 2 weeks ago that she didn't have enough money to buy her prescriptions or pay her bills, and who only had $30 to live on until her next disability check in July is now saying that she has paid off her credit cards and is getting a tattoo next week? It's especially annoying since she has been complaining on facebook constantly that she doesn't even have enough money for food...but she's gonna spend money to get a tattoo? wtf??

I know what you mean. I have a friend on facebook who is constantly posting provocative pictures of herself, and then is constantly complaining that random men are creeping her profile and leaving messages. Rolling Eyes

Oh my god does that annoy me!
I have a girl on my FB that constantly updates her status saying "I have sooo much work to do, don't even have time to do my washing...blah blah blah"
Maybe if you didn't spend 6 hours a day updating fb you would get more done? grrr
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:54 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:
Nightowl wrote:

Oh my god does that annoy me!
I have a girl on my FB that constantly updates her status saying "I have sooo much work to do, don't even have time to do my washing...blah blah blah"
Maybe if you didn't spend 6 hours a day updating fb you would get more done? grrr

i must admit i'm a little guilty of complaining about how much homework i have but not actually doing it Embarassed
but constantly doing it does get annoying!
I have a girl on fb who i work with. she is forever complaining about rego being due or other amounting cost yet she seems to call in sick to work just because she 'can't be bothered working'.
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:21 am

I hate phishers! *mutter, mutter, grumble, growl* Got a text & 2 emails from job-hunting places so out of the blue...both are scams! Thank God I have a computer savvy BF who helped me find out what was what before I applied and handed them who-knows-what kind of info!

People who latch onto desperate people like that are just evil! Evil or Very Mad I so need a job and you have no idea how tempted I was--!

Just in case, it was jobnab & career-network. Be very careful with unsolicited offers, friends & neighbors!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by howie Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:33 am

I so wish I could just lock myself in a room and cry. I also wish I could just say what is on my mind instead of hoping that people would just figure it out on their own. I really hate being a grown up sometimes.
howie
howie
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by G Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:05 am

howie wrote:I so wish I could just lock myself in a room and cry. I also wish I could just say what is on my mind instead of hoping that people would just figure it out on their own. I really hate being a grown up sometimes.
I'm sorry Howie. hug
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 8770
Say What You Want : Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Man in Black: You're that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Man in Black: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:42 am

howie wrote:I so wish I could just lock myself in a room and cry. I also wish I could just say what is on my mind instead of hoping that people would just figure it out on their own. I really hate being a grown up sometimes.

Sometimes you have to give in to speaking your mind. When I get really really frustrated, I will write down my thoughts to make sure that they are nothing vindictive or hurtful. Then I express them. Life is too short to keep your thoughts and feelings bottled up. It serves no purpose to yourself, friends or family.
As long as we are mindful of others, we should always speak our mind. I am a huge believer of that. Tact, of course, is helpful.
Give a burden on your head or heart, speach, then it will take wings and fly.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dddodson Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:43 am

I am old. HA And it sounds like a lot of you much younger than I have learned stuff it took me longer than I wish it had for me to learn to do.

Holding it in ... just doesn't work.

Better to step back, figure out what is really bothering you (sometimes what sets us off isn't "it" but just the symptom of what is really wrong), and once you know: choose.
#1 Let it go. (And really do so).
or
#2 Address it. (And really do so.) The ol' "Say what you mean, mean what you say, and don't say it mean" is always the ideal to shoot for.

But don't hold something in -- or hold onto it.

dddodson

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:17 pm

On a lighter note, my foot has an insatiable itch...
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12859
Say What You Want : For British eyes only
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:20 pm

Kasper wrote:On a lighter note, my foot has an insatiable itch...

does that mean something. If your hand itches, it means money. Your nose, a visitor. Not sure about your foot.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:56 pm

katharine wrote:

does that mean something. If your hand itches, it means money. Your nose, a visitor. Not sure about your foot.
I'm pretty sure it means she should write... Very Happy
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:49 am

katharine wrote:

hmm not sure.. it's rather annoying though haha
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12859
Say What You Want : For British eyes only
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:21 pm

This isn't truly a vent, more like a big "Ugh!"

At work mostly I write Access database programs. I've been doing that for 12 years now. When I started I used Access 95. About 3 years later they upgraded to Access 2000. Well, since then there's been Access 2003, 2007 and now 2010, but we've been stuck using Access 2000 all this time. Now the corporation has finally decided to upgrade to 2010.

When we made that first upgrade there were all kinds of problems to deal with that didn't convert easily, but then I was only having to deal with 3 years worth of databases. Now there's 15 years worth of databases, and we've skipped over 2 upgrades!

Yesterday I got a computer to begin testing the new version. I feel like a klutz because so many things have changed or moved someplace else. Hardly anything looks the way it used to. I'm afraid I'm at the beginning of a long, uphill climb.

Like I said, "Ugh!"

But, lest I sound ungrateful, there are some things that I've found that will become much, much easier to do! Very Happy
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:32 am

oh now crazy......it will be alright.....in time....crazy will be a pro with the new stuff.....just keep at it.............
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next