Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Venting Thread

+43
joybrennan
AmandaMarshall
HermioneGirl101
jsgemini
tinge1990
dddodson
Brain&Heart
katharine
krusty1489
future_anthro
LoveU2
Turi ray of sunshine
treble21
MoonlightGardenias
riviera41797
_Sunny_
Bella Loony
verticallychallangedcutie
olivia
smile0303
SnoopGirl
DripPan
heirofloki
bones_fanatic19
THX1138
Sany
i_heart_bones
Kasper
PIMP
Nightowl
ToZiKa
G
phoebsfan
willgirl
DBCrazy
dawnsfire
bones206
19ana89
howie
queen bess
himbeer29
A2BOREANAZ
flyersfan35
47 posters

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

The Venting Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Venting Thread

Post by i_heart_bones Tue May 18, 2010 11:14 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:Sometimes I really wonder what has happened to this site.

Right there with you Fly...
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by G Sat May 22, 2010 2:25 am

I try to stay so positive, so much bad shit has happened lately, and not only to myself, but today I am down and depressed.
I come here, to this site, because I love the show Bones, and I know there are like-minded people, some of whom have come to be friends, and have been a morale boost in these past months. You know who you are, and you rock.
The extreme negativity, and some blatant "troll" postings here have bothered me. What happened to, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all? Don't get me wrong, I know we live in free countries, and freedom of expression should be a basic human right, but have people become so self indulgant that they have no respect or consideration for people's feelings?
There are worse things in the world going on than not getting what you wanted out of a TV show finale. If people put as much effort into voicing their opinions, not even voicing their opinions as much as forcing them on others, into greater issues in the world that need attention, we could advance much better as a human race.
Why are people not flaming mad about world hunger, or the fact that children in our own back yards are being abused. Or that people in some countries don't have the right to express their feelings, as I am doing right now.
It's just a show people, let's get some prespective. You can't always get what you want...... but you all woke up this morning, with a roof over your head, and the access to technology to read this very post, life isn't so bad is it?
I don't mean everyone who has left a negative comment, but some where they are blatantly insulting Hart Hanson, c'mon people. Keep the extreme to yourself.
If I have offended you by this post, then good. Because I have felt offended by the lack of respect that people have shown to others here today.
If I were able to stand, I would get off my soap box now. But I can't, so you know what, I'm going to try not to let it bother me anymore, but it will.
Peace.
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 8770
Say What You Want : Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Man in Black: You're that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Man in Black: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Sat May 22, 2010 2:38 am

G-Woman wrote:I try to stay so positive, so much bad shit has happened lately, and not only to myself, but today I am down and depressed.
I come here, to this site, because I love the show Bones, and I know there are like-minded people, some of whom have come to be friends, and have been a morale boost in these past months. You know who you are, and you rock.
The extreme negativity, and some blatant "troll" postings here have bothered me. What happened to, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all? Don't get me wrong, I know we live in free countries, and freedom of expression should be a basic human right, but have people become so self indulgant that they have no respect or consideration for people's feelings?
There are worse things in the world going on than not getting what you wanted out of a TV show finale. If people put as much effort into voicing their opinions, not even voicing their opinions as much as forcing them on others, into greater issues in the world that need attention, we could advance much better as a human race.
Why are people not flaming mad about world hunger, or the fact that children in our own back yards are being abused. Or that people in some countries don't have the right to express their feelings, as I am doing right now.
It's just a show people, let's get some prespective. You can't always get what you want...... but you all woke up this morning, with a roof over your head, and the access to technology to read this very post, life isn't so bad is it?
I don't mean everyone who has left a negative comment, but some where they are blatantly insulting Hart Hanson, c'mon people. Keep the extreme to yourself.
If I have offended you by this post, then good. Because I have felt offended by the lack of respect that people have shown to others here today.
If I were able to stand, I would get off my soap box now. But I can't, so you know what, I'm going to try not to let it bother me anymore, but it will.
Peace.

*bursts into applause and gives GW a standing ovation* oh and we have special soap boxes for peeps that can't temporarily stand! so no worries there Smile
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Sat May 22, 2010 3:26 am

As the admin and owner of this board, I hear what you are saying and will work hard to implement changes to make this better! I promise!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat May 22, 2010 4:16 am

*pokes head in* At the risk of drawing fire since I'm sure I'm one of the negative Nellies we're all venting about in here, I find it interesting that the prevailing sentiment seems to be if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all and honestly that runs contrary to my belief that what makes this such a great place is the fact that we can have different opinions and spout off and still respect each other. Sure, the folks that take it too far need to be reined in, but there are a lot of times when I hold a minority opinion, and I'm vocal about it in my InkSlinger or in a thread. A lot of times the responses I get make me feel as if all y'all would really rather I just sit down, shut up, and speak only when spoken to. Honestly I can understand that, hell I can even appreciate it, but I can't tolerate it when I'm writing an opinion piece. If that's the direction we're gonna go then I can't write the IS anymore.

king RM

Oh, and Hey Turi!
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat May 22, 2010 4:28 am

willgirl wrote:As the admin and owner of this board, I hear what you are saying and will work hard to implement changes to make this better! I promise!

THX1138 wrote:*pokes head in* At the risk of drawing fire since I'm sure I'm one of the negative Nellies we're all venting about in here, I find it interesting that the prevailing sentiment seems to be if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all and honestly that runs contrary to my belief that what makes this such a great place is the fact that we can have different opinions and spout off and still respect each other. Sure, the folks that take it too far need to be reined in, but there are a lot of times when I hold a minority opinion, and I'm vocal about it in my InkSlinger or in a thread. A lot of times the responses I get make me feel as if all y'all would really rather I just sit down, shut up, and speak only when spoken to. Honestly I can understand that, hell I can even appreciate it, but I can't tolerate it when I'm writing an opinion piece. If that's the direction we're gonna go then I can't write the IS anymore.

king RM

Oh, and Hey Turi!
Me neither, as I am probably the other negative Nellie. And honestly, if that is really the way this site goes, I will withdraw altogether. I know that most of you won't care, but still, I can't support losing my freedom of speech, especially when I can get scolded or shot down for a politely worded opposition, as opposed to Rob's sometimes more bombastic ways. Admittedly, there are others who should also learn a more moderate way of speaking, too, and I dearly wish they would.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by G Sat May 22, 2010 4:58 am

Please don't misconstrue my vent. I may not agree with everything you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
I was referring more to the posts that are so obviously meant to cause a reaction and start a fire that need never burn.
It's my own personal situation that I am affected by the negativity.
I cannot change human nature, I can only be affected by it.
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?

Back to top Go down

Post by G Sat May 22, 2010 5:00 am

dawnsfire wrote:
willgirl wrote:As the admin and owner of this board, I hear what you are saying and will work hard to implement changes to make this better! I promise!

THX1138 wrote:*pokes head in* At the risk of drawing fire since I'm sure I'm one of the negative Nellies we're all venting about in here, I find it interesting that the prevailing sentiment seems to be if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all and honestly that runs contrary to my belief that what makes this such a great place is the fact that we can have different opinions and spout off and still respect each other. Sure, the folks that take it too far need to be reined in, but there are a lot of times when I hold a minority opinion, and I'm vocal about it in my InkSlinger or in a thread. A lot of times the responses I get make me feel as if all y'all would really rather I just sit down, shut up, and speak only when spoken to. Honestly I can understand that, hell I can even appreciate it, but I can't tolerate it when I'm writing an opinion piece. If that's the direction we're gonna go then I can't write the IS anymore.

king RM

Oh, and Hey Turi!
Me neither, as I am probably the other negative Nellie. And honestly, if that is really the way this site goes, I will withdraw altogether. I know that most of you won't care, but still, I can't support losing my freedom of speech, especially when I can get scolded or shot down for a politely worded opposition, as opposed to Rob's sometimes more bombastic ways. Admittedly, there are others who should also learn a more moderate way of speaking, too, and I dearly wish they would.

queen
For my own record, I was not referring to either of you two. Sorry to cause a discussion with a personal vent. I respect the time and effort both of you put into the Inkslingers, and I apologize if my vent caused tension. Peace? Smile
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat May 22, 2010 5:05 am

Sorry, G--the tenor of the conversation sorta ran that way, but was in no way just yours (I really didn't think I was all that trollish anyway! Smile )

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat May 22, 2010 5:05 am

You go, G!!! I know exactly what you mean! We're not talking about those of that express your opinion, just those that say hateful things without cause or explanation. I would never take away someones right to express their opinion, ( even though I have been told more than once to keep it to myself).
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat May 22, 2010 5:06 am

G-Woman wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:

king RM

Oh, and Hey Turi!

queen
For my own record, I was not referring to either of you two. Sorry to cause a discussion with a personal vent.
*Pffft* No need to apologize it just struck close to home given some of the scrapes I've gotten into lately, but hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion and most folks are entitled to mine as well, Wink anyway the venting thread is the perfect place to vent G-Woman, and for the record if someone gives you crap let me know - I give crap right back and quite vociferously.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by G Sat May 22, 2010 5:07 am

dawnsfire wrote:Sorry, G--the tenor of the conversation sorta ran that way, but was in no way just yours (I really didn't think I was all that trollish anyway! Smile )

queen
You certainly are not. Smile
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Sat May 22, 2010 5:07 am

I don’t think that what we mean to say is 'don’t post anything negative'; just please give a lot of thought before actually posting your opinion. As freely thinking human beings we all have the right to express our points of view and feelings (like G-Woman pointed out) whether they be good or bad; it’s just THE WAY those opinions are sometimes written that is disrespectful.
There is nothing wrong with discussing certain subjects and even participating in a debate. All that we ask for is that it be done in a courteous manner; which I don’t believe it is too much to expect from anybody
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by G Sat May 22, 2010 5:09 am

THX1138 wrote:
G-Woman wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:

king RM

Oh, and Hey Turi!

queen
For my own record, I was not referring to either of you two. Sorry to cause a discussion with a personal vent.
*Pffft* No need to apologize it just struck close to home given some of the scrapes I've gotten into lately, but hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion and most folks are entitled to mine as well, Wink anyway the venting thread is the perfect place to vent G-Woman, and for the record if someone gives you crap let me know - I give crap right back and quite vociferously.

king RM
Thanks RM. Smile
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat May 22, 2010 5:10 am

G-Woman wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:Sorry, G--the tenor of the conversation sorta ran that way, but was in no way just yours (I really didn't think I was all that trollish anyway! Smile )

queen
She may not be, but I'm a quarter trollish on my mother's side. You think you've got problems, we can't even get National Bridge day off...

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by G Sat May 22, 2010 5:13 am

THX1138 wrote:
G-Woman wrote:

queen
She may not be, but I'm a quarter trollish on my mother's side. You think you've got problems, we can't even get National Bridge day off...

king RM
Do the words trip-trap trip-trap make you smile. ^^ that made me laugh. Thank you. lol!
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by G Sat May 22, 2010 5:17 am

Thank you to Will as well, for the header. Best Mods in town. Oops, that wasn't a vent. Oh well. Laughing
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat May 22, 2010 5:24 am

Looks like Lyndsey made a nice banner post on the front page. Now for my rebuttal...

Remember that everyone who is on this board is here because we love Bones. The fact that you are even posting on a forum shows that you care about the show, the cast and Hart Hanson.

I would like that changed to read:

Remember that everyone who is on this board is here because we love Bones. The fact that you are even posting on a forum shows that you care about the show and the cast, and maybe even Hart Hanson.

Because honestly, Hart needs to be criticized frequently - heck, he deserves it!

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat May 22, 2010 6:11 am

THX1138 wrote:Looks like Lyndsey made a nice banner post on the front page. Now for my rebuttal...

Remember that everyone who is on this board is here because we love Bones. The fact that you are even posting on a forum shows that you care about the show, the cast and Hart Hanson.

I would like that changed to read:

Remember that everyone who is on this board is here because we love Bones. The fact that you are even posting on a forum shows that you care about the show and the cast, and maybe even Hart Hanson.

Because honestly, Hart needs to be criticized frequently - heck, he deserves it!

king RM
I'd've left him off altogether, since I wouldn't really even know who he was if I wasn't on a fansite! I'm here for the show and the characters myself.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Sat May 22, 2010 7:02 am

@Robert and Dawn,

Just wanted to reiterate that my message isn't an attack against negative opinions. In fact, I'm not a huge fan of the show myself lately. Just that there are people on the board who are making comments that are just plain mean. I know that's not either of you! You are both very succient in your comments!

Willgirl
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat May 22, 2010 7:44 am

willgirl wrote:@Robert and Dawn,

Just wanted to reiterate that my message isn't an attack against negative opinions. In fact, I'm not a huge fan of the show myself lately. Just that there are people on the board who are making comments that are just plain mean. I know that's not either of you! You are both very succient in your comments!

Willgirl
Thanks Will, I appreciate that. If folks are being jackasses then something needs to be done, I can out jackass 'em most any day if you want to turn me loose on 'em - just ask ToZ, she can give me a good reference. Smile

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Sat May 22, 2010 8:19 am

Alright, time to get back to venting!

My left boob hurts! Err... that's probably too personal, isn't it? Embarassed
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat May 22, 2010 8:27 am

G-Woman wrote:I try to stay so positive, so much bad shit has happened lately, and not only to myself, but today I am down and depressed.
Peace.

I can't agree with this post anymore cheers . I think there are people here that were not happy that were able to express that without some of the witch-hunt like behaviour that others are exhibiting. and to those posters I say thank-you.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by howie Sat May 22, 2010 11:22 am

Peace.
G..you read my mind!! So many other things going on in the world, why take the time to cause trouble here!!! One reason I stopped coming by as often, but oh do I miss the old days!!!
howie
howie
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 7672
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sun May 23, 2010 5:00 am

To the cowardly piece of crap that sent G-Woman a PM telling her to 'shut the fuck up and quit whining'...

Thanks so much for showing that her vent was justified...there are a lot of great fans on this board, too bad you're not one of them. She was giving vent to her frustration at the amount of name calling and hate posts that seemed to be popping up, and there is absolutely no excuse for you to harass her about it. You're just lucky that she's too nice to reveal who you are, because believe me, you'd have more nasty PM's than you can handle. This board doesn't need trolls like you, so do us all a favor and find some other forum where that is welcomed, (good luck with that). If you act like this over a freaking TV show, I can only imagine what your family and friends, (if you have any), have to put up with in your real life. Perhaps you have a guilty conscience and thought she was actually referring to you...actually, with your post, it sure looks as though she was.

Final message: Grow up. If you want to post a concise and civil argument about your like or dislike for the show, be my guest. Otherwise, GFO. And if you're not sure what that means, PM me and I'll be happy to let you know.

Fly

Last edited by flyersfan35 on Sun May 23, 2010 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next