Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temptation & Taunts--a Vignette

4 posters

Go down

Temptation & Taunts--a Vignette Empty Temptation & Taunts--a Vignette

Post by dawnsfire Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:32 pm

Wrote this a while ago--I had thought to build more around this, but so far, inspiration has stayed far, far away. It grew out of some of the rather interesting conversations Rob & I & many others have had here about the potential for B&B to have slept together sometime before the 1st episode. No spoilers, just a new spin on a particular scene; dialogue from the Pilot (of course).

I own no one and nothing Bones-related except some DVDs. X-posted on FF.net.
queen

Brennan repressed a shiver as Booth loomed over her. The last time they had been so close and this furious--

No. That had been an aberration she was determined not to repeat, so she shook off the remembrance of what his mouth, hot and demanding, had felt like on her skin and threw her challenge in his face.

“Cleo Eller was killed on a cement floor sprinkled with diatomaceous earth. Traces of her blood will still be in that cement. One of us is wrong. Maybe both of us. But if Bethlehem wasn’t a senator, you’d be right there in his basement looking for that killing floor.” She took a breath and then struck. “You’re afraid of him. Your hypothesis is that squints don’t solve murders and cops do. Prove it. Be a cop.”

She gave him one last look before turning and sauntering out. Behind her, she could hear two sharp retorts as Booth presumably took out his--frustration--on the target. It was all too plain that he remembered that supercharged night three months ago as clearly as she did.
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Temptation & Taunts--a Vignette Empty Re: Temptation & Taunts--a Vignette

Post by DBCrazy Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:55 pm

I like the tie in to the Pilot. It won't be long and we'll get to see just what it was in that first case that soured them so on each other. It just had to do something with attraction gone wrong. It just had to!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:54 am

Maybe they met somewhere outside of work (bar, club,...etc), kissed/flirted, and then found out that they worked together? I can't wait to find out what happened between them. But I believe with my whole heart that they haven't slept together yet.

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:47 am

I loved this, absolutely loved it. And of course this is the impetus I needed to get off my ass and start writing the first time fic rattling around in my head.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:16 pm

jagglebells wrote:Maybe they met somewhere outside of work (bar, club,...etc), kissed/flirted, and then found out that they worked together? I can't wait to find out what happened between them. But I believe with my whole heart that they haven't slept together yet.
I'm just taking it as it comes, though it doesn't stop me speculating. I like the concept because of the spin it would put on their current relationship--think of how all these tension-filled, etc, moments would change!
Besides, I suspect HH knows we're all a-dither about the idea and will write just the opposite. Wouldn't put it past him...

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:22 pm

Rob--do we need to resurrect the "Abused by the Muse" club?

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:23 pm

dawnsfire wrote:Rob--do we need to resurrect the "Abused by the Muse" club?

queen
Abso-freakin'-lutely. On top of that we need a "The Clock is not my Friend" club. I swear I can't meat a deadline to save my life, I'm as bad as a five year old with ADHD who sees shiny jangling keys everywhere. I was going to have the epilogue to "To Sleep, Perchance to Dream" done and in Beta on Thursday, then work got in the way so I thought I'd work on it Saturday but life got in the way, so I thought for sure I'd get it done and in Beta by Sunday morning - nah. I swear I haven't made a story deadline yet, I don't know why I keep putting times down there, wishful thinking perhaps? Anyway, back to the grindstone, I'm almost done with the epiloque and I will get it done! Of course I'd have it done if the muse didn't make me write the first chapter of the follow-up story instead...yep we definitely need to revive the "Abused by the Muse" club.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content