Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lives Change - Rated T

5 posters

Go down

Lives Change - Rated T Empty Lives Change - Rated T

Post by Mimo Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:49 am

So, after reading some of the fanfiction here, I got somewhat inspired and I believed that I have to post what I wrote. I hope you'll like it. Criticism appreciated, of course Wink

I don't really know where to place it but I guess somewhere in Season 5 would be ok.
Pairing: Won't tell that. It'll be pretty obvious, though ^.^
Rating: probably T.

Enjoy! (=

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter I

With the body in the lab we could finally start our work. Bones already figured out the usual things when she was at the crime scene with Booth. Female, late 20s, about 5 feet 6 inches, Caucasian. Murdered, probably stabbed, and her head was more like a 500 piece puzzle than a skull. Poor girl.
After cleaning the remains, Hodgins was occupied with the bugs. Since Bones wanted to question the witnesses with Booth, she thought that it might be a great opportunity to figure out how goo the new one was by leaving her with the skull. Let’s see how far she gets.

When Angela came in to ask for the skull, she was shocked. Who was that girl there working on the fragments?
“Uhm,... and you are...??” Angela asked.
“Well, I guess I’m the new one”, the new one said without so much as looking up to Angela.
“Yeah, you know, I think I got that. You have a name?”
“Yup!” Again she didn’t look up but put another two fragments of the skull in the right place.
“You gonna tell me or do I have to figure it out?” Angela was getting annoyed.
“I only answered your question. But my name’s Jill. You’re Miss Montenegro, aren’t you?” Another piece in the skull.
“Yes. Very pleased to meet you.” Angela said with as much sarcasm in her voice as she could manage. Hell, she is weird!
After another piece in the skull, Jill finally looked up. She took her gloves of and offered a hand to Angela. “Sorry, I don’t know where I left my manners. I’m Jill Smith and new here. Obviously.” She said with a smile. Angela shook her hand, slightly confused but about to smile. “Dr. Brennan just left me here with the skull...or better what’s left of it... and I’m trying to get it done before she’s back.” But as Jill finished her sentence, Bones entered as if she heard that conversation.
“Oh, I see, you met Angela”, Bones said as she came over to see how far Jill got with the skull. “You did a good job on the skull. Get it ready, so Angela can work with it. I’ll see what I can find on the other remains.” Angela looked confused once more since Bones seemed a little strange. Jill got back to work, Angela left.
“Did you find anything in the skull yet?” Bones asked?
“Not really”, Jill replied, “the victim was dead before the skull got totally smashed.”
She didn’t finish speaking yet when Booth came into the lab.
“Bones, I need you! Now”, he said and was about to leave. Then he realized Jill. “Who are you?”
“The new one...” Jill answered, “Jill Smith.”
“Ok, great. Bones coming?” He just said and left. Bones following him. Leaving Jill with the skull once again. Angela left, too, with a “Good luck!!”.
As Jill kept putting one piece after the other on the right spott, Cam came to see how everything was going.
“Oh, you’re the new one?” She asked very excited.
“Uhm, yes”, Jill answered, somewhat confused. “I’m Jill Smith.”
“Yes, I know that”, said Cam said with a smile, “I’m Dr. Saroyan. I just wanted to see how you’re doing. And it seems you doing great, so no need for me to bother you any longer.” And with that she left.
The next one came, no other than Hodgins, already talking before anyone could see him. As he finally stands across the table to Jill, he suddenly stopped talking and took a look at her.
“Hah, a girl!!”, he shouted. And very enthusiastically he went on. “I’m Dr. Hodgins and just to warn you, it’ll be very hard for you to become king of the lab!! Or should I say queen? Anyway. Your name was?” – “Jill..... Smith?!” Jill answered not sure how to reply to Hodgins.
“Jill? Great. Well, Dr. Brennan is not here as I can see, so I’ll go back to my bugs.” He said already turning around, disappearing as fast as he appeared.
A confused Jill was left. As she was almost finished with the skull, Sweets entered but before he could even open his mouth to say anything, Jill glared at him and said, “Yes, I’m the new one, my name is Jill Smith and no, Dr. Brennan is not here.” Sweets was a little stunned by that but amused at the same time. “I know your name. I’m Sweets. And it seems like you are a little bit angry?! I could help you deal with that?” – “No, thanks, I can deal with that myself!” Jill answered as she put the last piece in the skull and picked it up to bring it over to Angela.

Angela did a quick and great job on the skull. As soon as she got a match with a face in the program, she called Bones to tell her that the victim was Brooke Turner, age 27. Professional photographer. Reported missing this morning by her boyfriend, Jason.

Bones and Booth came back to the crime scene since it seemed that there where some more remains left but there weren’t. As soon as she realized that, Bones was somewhat disappointed.
“Booth, there are no other human remains within 5 miles! Why did you bring me here? We already know everything we need to know about the crime scene.” Bones was getting angry. But Booth needed this situation. Well, not exactly this one but a situation with only him and her. He still hadn’t told her about his feelings. Booth wanted to get it over as soon as possible. There wasn’t much to talk about on their 30 minute ride to the crime scene. Bones had told him about the new one, Jill. And everytime when Booth wanted to change the subject, Bones just kept on talking. And now, she was angry at him. She even had a good reason. He lied to her. But how could he tell her?
“Bones, see, I really gotta talk to you...” he started.
“That’s why you brought me here?” Bones asked without as much as a little bit of understanding. “If you want to talk to me, you don’t need to lie to me! You can just talk to me. I just lost very important time. I have to work on the remains, Booth!! I need to get back right now!” They were standing there, next to the small road where the remains were found earlier today. No one else was there but Bones staring at Booth in disbelief and Booth looking back at her in such a helpless way as if he were a little boy not knowing how to get his little shoes on.
Bones’ cell rang. “Brennan?” she answered. Booth turned around, angry at himself. How could he?? It was so damn stupid!! But he didn’t have much time to think about what to do next. Bones hung up. “Angela just told me who the victim is and where she lived. We should go there and talk to her boyfriend. He reported her missing this morning.” Bones said and walked straight to the car. Booth sighed, “Great!” he whispered and followed Bones to the car.

Booth pulled his car over and got out of the car. Bones got out, too, but waited for Booth to go to the front door first. Booth knocked on the door and as he stepped back, he looked at Bones. “I’m sorry....” they stumbled at the same time. As Bones wanted to go on, the front door opened and a disturbed looking young man stood in the door. “FBI, we have some questions” Booth said as he always did. The young man stepped back and walked into the living room. It was not a very big room but the light colors and huge photographs on the walls made it look very comfortable. Booth and Bones sat down on the couch which they were offered and the young man sat across from them on a chair.
“What happened to her? Where is she?” the young man asked anxiously.
“Before I can answer any questions, I need to know your name and when and why you reported Miss Turner missing.” Booth said.
“I’m Brooke’s boyfriend, Jason Barnes. And I reported her missing this morning when she wasn’t here. I mean... she went out last night, to her friends house, girl’s night, you know, movies and stuff. When she wasn’t back this morning, I called her cell but she didn’t answer and when I called at her friend’s house, she said Brooke hasn’t been there yesterday. That’s not her. She was on time. Always. She wouldn’t have gone somewhere else without telling me or her friends... What happened?” he was drenched in tears.
Booth sighed. He hated this part. To tell people that one of their loved once died or in this case even worse, was murdered was not his favorite thing to do in his job for sure. But he had to. If he let Bones do that, it would just be like reading facts of someones autopsy instead of some carefully chosen words that have some comfort in it.
“We’re really sorry to tell you, that Brooke won’t come back. She was found this morning. On a small country road with very little traffic.” These words didn’t come from Booth but from Bones which surprised both of them. They tried to hide their surprise.
“You mean.... she... is.... dead?” Jason barely managed to get these words out of his mouth. When Bones and Booth just nodded, not looking into Jasons eyes, he almost fainted, crying silently for a minute. When he calmed down a little bit, Booth asked some more questions, as usual before they left Jason in his grief.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm already writing the second chapter, so I'll post it this week.
Mimo
Mimo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 545
Say What You Want : Everything happens for a reason.
Registration date : 2009-12-04

Back to top Go down

Lives Change - Rated T Empty Re: Lives Change - Rated T

Post by ToZiKa Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:05 am

well I already told you that I like it but I'll say it once again

really good first chapter!
can't wait for the second one!
hurry up or I'll come make you write faster Twisted Evil

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by carebear Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:12 am

good start looking forward to more Smile
carebear
carebear
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 90
Say What You Want : Um dang didn't know there would be a essay part to this I forgot to study. Can you come back to me after I read my cliff notes?
Registration date : 2009-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimo Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:53 pm

thanks!!
I hope I wont be to tired tonight from work so I can type the second chapter (=
Mimo
Mimo
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimo Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:49 am

You're lucky today!!
Got to type the second chapter and even wrote a little more.
Enjoy!! (=

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter II

Back in the lab, Bones joined Jill who was analyzing the wounds on the ribs.
“I could find about 20 stab wounds,” Jill started, “they are very small but whoever killed her, knew exactly where to stab.”
“What do you mean by very small?” Bones wanted to know.
“Probably something like a kitchen or pocket knife. Although I’m not sure about that. We would have to try some things and match the samples,” Jill answered.
While Bones and Jill kept on talking, Angela came in. She studied Jill since she was very concentrated on her work and neither her nor Bones noticed Angela. Jill’s black hair was put in a ponytail and some strands of hair fell into her face. Her skin was a little pale but if she would spend a day or two in the sun she’d probably have a nice tan. And then her eyes. Jill’s eyes had every possible color. Brown in the middle, followed by green and grey and finally blue. I could get lost in those eyes, Angela thought.
“...Angela?” Bones’ voice came from far away and brought Angela back to reality. Bones and Jill were looking at her which made Angela realize that she really got lost in Jill’s eyes. That was embarrassing.
“Sorry, Sweety, I was daydreaming,” Angela explained.
“I see that,” Bones grinned, “anything you want to tell me?”
“Uhm, yes. I took a closer look at the pictures of the crime scene and I think we might find something helpfull there,” Ange replied.
“Oh, ok,” Bones said, “why don’t you take Jill along? She did really good work here and I think she might help you.” She suggested as she saw Booth coming in the lab.
“Alright,” Angela said, “Let’s go!” So Jill and Angela left.
As soon as they were out of sight, Bones started talking. “I’m sorry about earlier today, Booth, when you brought me back to the crime scene. It seems that we really missed something. But not human remains. Ange and Jill are going there now to check.” She took a deep breath. Booth took the chance. “Listen,” he started, “I’m sorry, too, since I knew there were no more human remains. But I really need to talk to you. Alone. It’s really important!” He sighed. Bones went on talking. “You know, you shouldn’t have lied to me. You could have told me that you want to talk to me. You know that!” – “Yes, I know that.” Booth answered a little ashamed. “Well, anyway. We know where the victim’s brother lives, we should go and questioning him. And, uhm... we can talk on the way?”
“Sure,” Bones said, “I’ll just ask Hodgins to find out what the murder weapon was.”

After providing Hodgins with all the information, Bones and Booth got in the car and Booth pulled the car out of the parking lot. When they were on the street, heading towards their destination, they were quiet. Booth took a deep breath every once in a while as if he wanted to start talking but he didn’t. He didn’t know how to start. Bones kept staring out of the window, not knowing what to say either. It felt weird somehow and that was exactly the point. It wasn’t supposed to feel like that. It actually felt right but her head said no.
“Booth,” Bones finally started, “you wanted to talk to me. And you said we would talk on the way. So, what is it?” It was hard for her not to be too rational. She tried to do it as Angela or Booth himself would do it. Hopefully she did it right.
“Yes, Bones, I still do want to talk to you. I just don’t really know how to start.” Booth stumbled.
Just say whatever you want to say. What’s so hard about that? Bones thought but didn’t say. She remained quiet instead.
Booth parked the car in front of a very tiny house. It looked deserted. “We’re here.” Booth said and got out of the car. Bones sighed and got out, too. Why is it so damn hard?
Booth already knocked on the front door when Bones catched up with him. Nobody came. Booth knocked again. Still no answer. “Hey, FBI!”, Booth yelled. No reaction. He tried the door. It was open, so they went inside. It was freaking hot in there. “FBI,” Booth yelled again, “anyone home?” They looked around in the little kitchen they had entered first. When no one was there, they went into the living room. And there they found someone, sleeping on the couch in the middle of a really messy room. “Wow,” Booth said, “Looks like someone fought a war in here.” He went over to the sleeping person, his gun ready in the right hand, carefully shaking the sleeping persons shoulder. “Hey, wake up! FBI” Booth took a quick step back since the person awoke in surprise, jumping on his feet, a knife in his hand, pointing at Booth. “Ok, put the knife down, FBI!” Booth said and got his badge out to show the guy. He let go of the knife at once and held his hands up. “That’s great,” Booth went on. And then to Bones: “Take the knife. Maybe it’s the murder weapon.” Bones carefully took the knife while Booth kept pointing his gun at the man. When Bones was out of reach, Booth put his gun back. “Sit down,” he ordered and the man did. “What’s your name?” Booth wanted to know.
“Daniel Turner”, was the answer. Which made this man the victim’s brother.
“Your sister is Brooke?” Booth asked.
“Yes,” Daniel replied, “anything happened to her? Did he hurt her? What did he do to her?”
“We’re sorry to tell you that your sister is dead. She got murdered last night.” Booth said without any emotion in his voice. “Her boyfriend, Jason, said that she was on her way to friends. When did you last see her or talk to her?”
Daniel didn’t speak for a couple of seconds. When he answered, his voice was calm. “I haven’t seen her in a while. But I talked to her about 3 weeks ago.”
“What did you talk about?” Booth wanted to know.
“Same as always. Her stupid boyfriend. We had a fight on the phone. I told her to leave him. But she wouldn’t listen. He changed her. He made her a completely different person. He is not good for her, or better wasn’t.” Daniel got more and more angry while he was talking. “We used to have this fight each time when we were talking.” As he said that, he simply couldn’t control his anger any longer and with his bare hands, he split the little wooden couch table in two pieces. Bones jumped and grabbed Booth’s arm. Booth looked at her but as he did so, Bones let go of his arm, looking away. Daniel didn’t notice that. “Where have you been last night?” Booth wanted to know. Daniel looked at him, pure anger in his eyes. “Do you think I killed my own sister? She was my sister, god damnit!!” he shouted jumping on his feet. He came really close to Booth who didn’t move an inch. Bones instead kept behind Booth, trying to hide at least a little bit. “I was at work. You can ask everyone there!” Dan spit out, gave Booth another grim look and turned around.
“Come on, Bones, let’s go.” Booth said as he turned around. He grabbed Bones by her arm and lead her to the car.

Hope you liked it. More to come next time Wink

Mimo
Mimo
Mimo
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:52 am

Mimo wrote:More to come next time Wink
oh really?
who would have thought of that......

I liked this chapter a lot. Esp Bones grabbing Booth's arm and 'hiding' behind him!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimo Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:07 pm

ToZiKa wrote:
Mimo wrote:More to come next time Wink
oh really?
who would have thought of that......

I liked this chapter a lot. Esp Bones grabbing Booth's arm and 'hiding' behind him!

I wanted to write sth like "this week" but somehow I got confused >.< But maybe I just end here Razz

Glad you liked it (=
Mimo
Mimo
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:58 am

really like this, looking forward to more
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimo Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:58 am

I'm writing the third chapter. Maybe I'll get done with it today (=
Mimo
Mimo
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimo Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:30 am

Yay, I finally made it >.<
It's a weird chapter somehow, I think. I find it really hard to get all those pictures in my head into words. I have the whole thing in my head like a movie but when it comes to writing it down.... well, I hope it's not too bad ^.^

Enjoy!!

Chapter III

Outside, Booth wanted to make sure that Bones was alright.
“You ok?” he asked.
“Yeah, sure,” Bones answered, not looking at him. He didn't know how what to say since she obviously didn't want to talk about what just happened. It was nothing special but he thought it was quite cute how she clung to his arm.
“I guess we will get a search warrant for his house so we can check the rest of his knives.” Booth went on.
“Hodgins can see if we have a match, then,” Bones said, getting in the car and checking if she got the back with Daniel's knife.
The car ride back to the lab was quiet again. Not even the radio was on.

After leaving the lab and changing clothes, Jill followed Angela to her car. It was a very hot day and Jill was happy that Angela got in the car about 5 Minutes earlier so it wasn't that hot in the car anymore. As soon as Jill sat down, Angela pulled her car out of the parking lot. The first minute or two they were quiet. But then, Angela couldn't stand it anymore. She simply had to talk.
“So, how did you come here?” she wanted to know.
“I applied for some institutes and I got accepted here,” came the answer. Jill didn't look at Angela but kept staring out of the window.
“Do you like it here?” Angela tried to make conversation.
“So far.” Ok, no way to make any conversation here. So Ange switched the radio on for she didn't like it being all quiet. She took a closer look at Jill, since Jill seemed to be somewhere else. She stared out the window, her hands in her lap. The way she sat there made Angela feel sorry somehow although Angela didn't know why.
When they finally arrived at the crime scene, Angela parked the car about a hundred yards away from the crime scene, so they could already take a look at the scene from a little distance. They got out of the car, Jill took everything they needed in a little bag and Angela took a bottle of water since it seemed to be even hotter out here. She let Jill go in front of her, both scanning the road and the grass around it. As they slowly walked along the road, Angela realized something on Jill's back.
Oh my god, are that scars? Angela thought. There was a strange pattern of pale scars on Jill's back. Angela was really curious about it but she didn't want to ask.
As they reached the point where the victim was killed, Jill stopped and stood in the middle of the street. Angela stopped right next to her. There was still some blood on the side of the street. Jill went over there and took a closer look on the grass. It was tramped down. Probably where the fight has been, if there had been one, and where the victim hit the ground after being murdered. Jill bend down to see if she could find something. That's when she heard the noise. Wheels on the concrete. Wheels of something bigger than a car. Jill looked around and saw a truck speeding towards them. As she further looked around, she found Angela still standing in the middle of the street, staring at the truck.
“Angela!!” Jill yelled at her but Ange didn't seem to notice. She just kept staring at that truck. Without hesitating, Jill got up and ran. She knew, Angela wouldn't move. Jill just ran basically into her, so she could carry her off. Flying through the air, they didn't know what would happen next. Would they still get hit by the truck or have they been fast enough. As they hit the ground, Angela first, Jill trying to stop her fall with her hands and elbows because she didn't want to fall on top of Angela with all her weight, they realized that they made it. The truck had sped past them. Lying on the ground, Jill and Angela looked into each others eyes. Jill got up really quick, though, and offered Angela a hand to help her up. Angela took Jill's hand. When they both were up, Jill kept looking on the ground.
“Can you go get a bag? I think we found something,” Jill said and bend down to have a closer look at what she just found. Angela didn't move. Jill turned around to see Angela still standing where she just got up. “Angela,” Jill tried again, “ I need a bag. I found a nail file. We have to bring it to the lab.” But Angela still didn't move. So Jill got up. That's when Angela started talking.
“You... you just.... you safed my life!!” she stumbled. “I mean... you...I... uhm... thanks...”
“Angela, let's get back to the car. I'll take a bag for the nail file and then I'll bring you home, alright?” Jill offered. She realized that Angela wouldn't be able to do anything here. Jill brought Angela back to the car, hurried to get the nail file and finally drove Angela home. They were quiet again all the way to Angela. When they came there, Jill parked the car in the parking lot and turned the motor off. She looked at Angela who was staring out the window as Jill did before.
“Are you ok?” Jill asked but she knew that it was a really stupid question in this situation. That's why she didn't wait for an answer but asked the next question right away. “You want me to come in with you? Or to call Dr. Brennan to come over?”
Angela looked at her and didn't look at her at the same time. “Can you... come in with me, please? Just for a second. You can use my car to get back to the lab and tell Brennan to come over.”
“Sure,” Jill answered. They got out of the car and Jill brought Angela inside. After closing the apartment door behind her, Jill asked: “You sure, you'll be ok? We can call Dr. Brennan right now and I can wait until she is here?” - “No, no... I'm fine.” Angela replied absently as she sat down on the couch. Jill went to the kitchen and came back with a glass of water.
“Here,” she said, “drink, maybe you feel a little better then.” Angela took the water and drank it as she was told. When Jill took the empty glass to bring it back to the kitchen, Angela suddenly took Jill's hand. “Your back. What happened there?” she wanted to know. Jill gave Angela a somewhat angry look, freed her hand and brought the empty glass back in the kitchen.
“I'll call Dr. Brennan now,” Jill said coming out of the kitchen. “I'll wait until she's here, if you want to.” With that she got her cell phone out and called Bones.
When she hung up, Jill sat on the couch next to Angela.
“I don't want to talk about it.” Jill apologized, “Don't take it personally, ok?” Angela nodded. That truck incident threw her off track.
When Bones knocked on the door 10 minutes later, both Angela and Jill were happy that this embarrassing silence finally was over. Bones went straight over to Angela and hugged her before she turned to Jill and told her that Booth was waiting outside in his car to bring her back to the lab. Jill grabbed her stuff and gave Angela a quick smile before heading down a waiting Booth.

Happy about feedback Wink
(and sorry about any wrong spelling and stuff like that...)

Mimo
Mimo
Mimo
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:18 am

yay, new chappie!!!! Really liking it, waiting for more! LOL
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:25 am

Oh a new chapter......and I didn't get to read it before everyone else? Suspect

Oh well......I guess I will have to live with that......

Anyway, I really liked it.......but I think Jill is a very strange person......

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimo Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:30 am

Jill is weird but she has reasons... ^.^
Mimo
Mimo
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimo Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:29 am

Alright. Next chapter's here.
I'm honest and I have to say that I have some chapters already in my head but I really have difficulties linking them. so please don't be mad or disappointed if some chapters are a little weird or slow concerning the plot...

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter IV

Back in the lab, Bones first went over to Hodgins to give him the knife and check if he already found something. But he hadn't.
Booth was about to get the search warrant when Bones entered his office.
“Could you drive me to Angela, please?” she asked, “Jill just called and said Angela needs me. And Jill doesn't have a car. So you could bring her back here.”
Booth looked confused but nodded, took his car keys and followed Bones out of the office.
“Did Jill tell you what happened?” Booth wanted to know when they were on their way to Angela.
“She said they almost had an accident with a truck at the crime scene and Angela seems to be a little shocked,” Bones explained.
“An accident with a truck??” Booth asked surprised, “On that road? That's weird.”
“Yeah, that's what I thought, too,” Bones agreed. “But Jill said that she found a nail file that might be the murder weapon.” Bones went on.
“A nail file the murder weapon?” Booth was sceptical. “We just got the search warrant, too, and I guess we're getting all the knives from Daniel's house.”
“We'll have to check every knife and the nail file anyway,” Bones said as they arrived at Angela's. “I'll send Jill down. Thanks, Booth.” Bones looked into Booth's eyes. So tempting. But she quickly got out of the car and headed for the door.

A minute later, Jill came and sat in the car.
“So, an accident with a truck?” Booth asked first thing after Jill closed the door.
“Oh yeah, that was scary!” Jill answered. “Angela was standing in the middle of the street and didn't move when that truck sped towards us. We were lucky I was fast enough.” She seemed exhausted just by telling that story again.
“You didn't happen to look at the license plate, did you?” Booth wanted to know although he already could imagine that she didn't.
“No, I'm sorry.” Jill said. But she knew that Booth didn't expect her to do so in that situation.
Booth realized that Jill seemed to be nervous to get to the lab.
When they arrived there, Jill said thanks and jumped out of the car. Booth didn't try to keep up with her since he had other things to do. He went to his office. Maybe he should find out about that friend the victim wanted to visit last night.

In the lab, Jill hurried in, right to Hodgins.
“I tried about 20 knives now but not even one was close to a match.” he said standing in front of a table with all the knives he just mentioned.
“Well, how about this one?” Jill said offering the bag with the nail file in it.
Glaring at her, Hodgins took the back. “Thanks.”
Jill went to the body to analyze the bones of the victim. She had a theory but she had to prove it. As she was working on the bones, she didn't realize that Cam came and watched her.
“Found anything interesting yet?” Cam asked which made Jill jump. “Sorry, I didn't want to scare you.” Cam apologized.
“No, it's fine.” Jill answered. “We found a nail file at the crime scene and Hodgins is trying to find out if it's the murder weapon. I had a theory and wanted to prove it but... I was wrong. I can't find anything indicating that she fought back. So she probably knew her murderer.”
“Sounds interesting,” Cam said. “I'll see if Hodgins found something.”
As Cam wanted to turn around, Hodgins just came over, with the nail file in the bag.
“Congratulations, Jill, you found the murder weapon.” he said. He seemed a little pissed. Cam had to hide her grin, told Hodgins he did great on that and left.
“I heard you almost had an accident with a truck,” Hodgins asked curiously.
“Oh yeah!” Jill answered and told him what happened.

As soon as Booth located the victim's friend, he had her come over.
With Sweets waiting behind the double sided mirror, Booth entered the interrogation room, where the friend was already waiting.
“So, Miss Johnson. I'm Special Agent Seeley Booth. We're investigating the murder of Brooke Turner, as you know. She was about to visit you last night. Did she ever arrive at your house?” Booth asked right away.
Miss Johnson already knew what had happened and was ready to face the interrogation.
“No, she didn't come over. I thought she might have had a fight with Jason again and she stayed home. But when Jason called me this morning... well... I don't know what happened. She was supposed to be there at 7. I called her at about 5 to check if she would come. She said she would. But … she never came.” Miss Johnson answered with tears in her eyes.
“You said Brooke and her boyfriend had fights?” Booth checked again.
“Yes, they did,” Miss Johnson explained,”on a regular basis almost. He is so jealous. Like I said, sometimes he would make her stay home when she wanted to go out. She also came over to my house sometimes and stayed there for a night if it was really bad."
“How long have they been together?”
“Oh, about 5 years now. But the fights didn't start until recently. She was a very popular young woman and that was his problem. He has always been jealous. But I never thought that it would end that way.” She kept babbling.
“What do you mean by 'it would end that way'?” Booth asked a little confused. “You mean he killed her?”
“No, of course not. I meant that it's horrible that their relationship had to end this way. They were such a cute couple.”
This was enough information for Booth so far. So the victim left home but never arrived at her friends house. That means that she was killed on the way there. Obviously. And her boyfriend probably wasn't that innocent either.

As soon as Jill closed the door behind her, Bones looked at Angela.
“What happened?” she asked worried. Angela told her what happened at the crime scene. They were sitting on the couch next to each other. When Angela finished the story, Bones grabbed her hand and squeezed gently. “You're alright, Angela! You better stay home today and come back to the lab tomorrow. It's late already anyway.” Bones comforted her.
“Brennan," Angela started,"did you ever see her back? It's covered with scars. I asked her what happened but... she doesn't want to talk about it." As she said that, she looked a little guilty. She couldn't help but just ask her best friend if she knew something about it.
"You know, Ange, there are some things people don't want to talk about. Better leave it that way." Bones explained. She knew what she was talking about. There were things that happened in her past that she didn't want to talk about. "It takes a while. She's just been here for 2 days." But hopefully she would stay. She was great at her work so far and Bones was sure she would be really helpful in the lab. And of course it would also be better for their team if there wasn't someone that was only there every once in awhile.
Angela put her head on Bones shoulder and sighed. What an exhausting day.
"Did you find out anything yet?" Angela wanted to know. She had to talk to distract herself.
"No." Bones said, "we went to the victim's brother but it wasn't very helpful except for his pocket knife we got." Having said that she thought about her clinging to Booth's arm.
Angela noticed that Bones' thoughts drifted away. Her gaze was dreamy, she blushed and had a fade smile on her face.
"Hey, Sweety, watcha thinking about?" Angela sat up next to Bones, eagerly looking at her.
"Oh, well..." Bones was still staring into nowhere. And she didn't know how to start. How could she talk about that with Booth if she couldn't even tell Angela. Although Angela knew her. She probably knew already what was going on.
"You should talk with him, Sweety," Angela said as if she just read her best friend's thoughts.
"I know," Bones finally turned her face to Angela,"but I don't know how! This is so weird. You can give me some bones or a body and I can tell you about that body for hours. But this... this is so different. I mean, I had boyfriends before but it never... felt like this." She seemed to have difficulties saying the word 'felt'. "How am I supposed to talk about it if I don't know what it means?" She was really desperate.
"There are things, you don't need to talk about." Angela told her,"A kiss says more than a thousand words." She went on, winking at Bones who looked confused now. "Don't worry. It'll be fine!"
Angela got up and went into the kitchen to check what was left in the fridge. "How about Chinese?" She asked when she couldn't find anything.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't know when I will write more. Hopefully this year Wink

Mimo
Mimo
Mimo
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:34 am

I like it!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimo Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:37 am

I already got started on the next one... but my lovely computer died and deleted it although I clicked the safe button about 3 times before -.-'
Mimo
Mimo
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:28 am

Love it!
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down