Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emily & Zooey Transcript ~ Hacker is coming back!

+15
anteater
puckishbearscubsfan
southerngirl
carebear
Meegs82
A2BOREANAZ
mereva
THX1138
treble21
Koudijs
heirofloki
TinkonBrink
DBCrazy
Thnx4theGum
bugaboo628
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Emily & Zooey Transcript ~ Hacker is coming back! Empty Emily & Zooey Transcript ~ Hacker is coming back!

Post by bugaboo628 Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:05 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Emily & Zooey Transcript ~ Hacker is coming back! Empty Re: Emily & Zooey Transcript ~ Hacker is coming back!

Post by Thnx4theGum Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:20 am

LOL That subject title's just begging for a response!
I'm VERY interested to see just how they use the man with the billboard forehead... could show real growth in B&B...or flop horridly.

Here's my only beef. HH continues to peddle Bones as episodic va serial but thus far, S5 is the most serial season we've had, IMO, between the coma-dream and the deepening of the B&B relationship. Foreclosure seemed to imply that some holding would need to be done(near future?) so that's another log on the continuity fire and now we have the return of Hacker.

So what IS Bones? Episodic? Serial? Episerial?
Thnx4theGum
Thnx4theGum
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Emily & Zooey Transcript ~ Hacker is coming back! Empty Re: Emily & Zooey Transcript ~ Hacker is coming back!

Post by DBCrazy Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:43 am

Thanks, Bug. Looks like they're going to do the Kennedy episode after all.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:04 am

Hum hum hummmm, dobbie doobie dooo, tra la-WHAT!!!???? *Much choking and gagging on what was a nice cuppa tea* Hacker? Hacker HACKER?

Hacker is coming back-er? Evil or Very Mad Mad No pale
I think I'm developing an urge to make those poisoned cookies again peeps...wonder what sparked that idea ay? Twisted Evil
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:13 am

Thnx4theGum wrote:
Here's my only beef. HH continues to peddle Bones as episodic va serial but thus far, S5 is the most serial season we've had, IMO, between the coma-dream and the deepening of the B&B relationship. Foreclosure seemed to imply that some holding would need to be done(near future?) so that's another log on the continuity fire and now we have the return of Hacker.

So what IS Bones? Episodic? Serial? Episerial?

LOL Episerial, love it!

Actually, when they say episodic, it just means that each episode can be enjoyed on its own, without you know, knowing all the backstory for the characters/killers/cases and such -not that there won't be any continuity (that'd be awful!). Good example of episodic is CSI: In that show, Grissom and Sara are supposedly married now after a long/tortuous relationship. But if you don't know that, that's cool, you can still get into the episodes and when Sara gets called a married woman by a colleague or whatever, well, you just go with the flow. It doesn't interfere with the plot. But if you're a fan or a shipper it makes extra sense to you and you can praise the continuity gods. Smile

Serial is LOST. Or Fringe. Or in the past, Battlestar Galactica and Alias. You need to know some of the show's backstory at least, and pay attention or you'll get lost. FAST. Networks hate that because apparently people are stupid and unable to read wikipedia or whatever. Rolling Eyes

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Koudijs Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:35 am

Well they don't have much patience... i don't want to read 6 pages of stories... who, what and where before i start a serie on a monday night... so they can read... but it has to be easy...
Koudijs
Koudijs
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1043
Say What You Want : Give my a Bones!
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:48 am

meh to hacker, but I kinda suspected that that side that was out for The Proof in the pudding was for the Jfk episode.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:00 am

I'm reserving judgement on Hacker this time around. Honestly ANatBM is my hands down favorite episode of the season so far, and as crappy a casting job as they did with Oswald, er, Hacker, I have to admit he didn't stink nearly as much as Grandpa Walton did (just my opinion, but honestly I was not feelin' Ralph Waite's performance. At.All.) Also, Brennan's been there and done that so the odds of her going back for a second helping of Oswald, damn, Hacker, are between slim and none...and slim just left town. Plus the whole Kennedy angle? I can't wait for Hodgins to get in on that, it's so his element that if HH doesn't make it a Hodginscentric Episode he's an idiot.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:51 am

THX1138 wrote:... as crappy a casting job as they did with Oswald, er, Hacker, I have to admit he didn't stink nearly as much as Grandpa Walton did (just my opinion, but honestly I was not feelin' Ralph Waite's performance. At.All.)

HA! I thought I was the only one who felt that way. I did not like Grandpa Booth in the slightest. It's funny too because I love him as Gibbs' dad on NCIS -and very much look forward to seeing him there next week!

[Also, OT but not quite: Booth's kid made an appearance at the beginning of the last NCIS ep. Guess SB still remembers his Bones days fondly (and doesn't mind exchanging guest stars with Hart Razz)]

As for Hacker. Eh! Guy got dumped (sidelined, put on the bench, whatever) in NatM. Is he dumb enough to go back for more? I hope not (read:Hope the writers don't do that. How sad for him). I'd say he should hit on Cam, but I want a better looking love interest for her. She's earned it! (lol)

Sadly, I'm not that into the whole Kennedy angle. But that's just me ... and I'm willing to be surprised. Smile

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:30 am

heirofloki wrote:
THX1138 wrote:... as crappy a casting job as they did with Oswald, er, Hacker, I have to admit he didn't stink nearly as much as Grandpa Walton did (just my opinion, but honestly I was not feelin' Ralph Waite's performance. At.All.)

HA! I thought I was the only one who felt that way. I did not like Grandpa Booth in the slightest. It's funny too because I love him as Gibbs' dad on NCIS -and very much look forward to seeing him there next week!
lol We are few in number but our voices will be heard! So far I think there are three of us - enough for a club, not enough for t-shirts. But seriously I did like Waite as Jackson Gibbs and his character there was sort of down home serious and earthy which I'm sure is what they thought he'd do as Booth's pops. Instead he acted like some senior citizen caricature. I swear at the club I was waiting for the rappin' granny to show up it was so cheesy.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:36 am

TinkonBrink wrote:Hacker is coming back-er? Evil or Very Mad Mad No pale
I think I'm developing an urge to make those poisoned cookies again peeps...wonder what sparked that idea ay? Twisted Evil
Meh to Hacher! Evil or Very Mad Actually... double meh!!! (Sorry peeps, but I like grandpa Booth much, so MUCH more!)
And YAY to cookies!!!! Twisted Evil It's been a long time.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:13 am

THX1138 wrote:
heirofloki wrote:

lol We are few in number but our voices will be heard! So far I think there are three of us - enough for a club, not enough for t-shirts. But seriously I did like Waite as Jackson Gibbs and his character there was sort of down home serious and earthy which I'm sure is what they thought he'd do as Booth's pops. Instead he acted like some senior citizen caricature. I swear at the club I was waiting for the rappin' granny to show up it was so cheesy.

king RM

count me in, I am apathetic about both characters but given that I had high hopes for pops, I was really disappointed with the way it was played out.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:39 am

hee hee....poison cookies coming back............isnt there a better way to get even...........without the poison???? we could put (surprises) in the middle of the cookies.......like bugs.........big fat bugs........lol
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:19 pm

I really liked Grandpa Booth! Wow, surprised to hear people did not. Interesting how different us Bones fans can be with what we like and don't like about the show.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by carebear Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:20 pm

Dang I don't know of I can take Hacker again the whole time I watched the episode if he was in it I couldnt stop looking at his mouth it just is not humanly possible to be that big and on my big screen its huge and I had nightmares he was trying to eat me. I watched an episode of Monk and Hacker was a nudest yeah I was blind for about 3 days after seeing his butt I dont think I can take him dressed or undressed Razz
sorry it must be the flu I dont ususally take like this really unless I am 1 sheet to the wind Smile
carebear
carebear
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 90
Say What You Want : Um dang didn't know there would be a essay part to this I forgot to study. Can you come back to me after I read my cliff notes?
Registration date : 2009-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:26 pm

carebear wrote:Dang I don't know of I can take Hacker again the whole time I watched the episode if he was in it I couldnt stop looking at his mouth it just is not humanly possible to be that big and on my big screen its huge and I had nightmares he was trying to eat me. I watched an episode of Monk and Hacker was a nudest yeah I was blind for about 3 days after seeing his butt I dont think I can take him dressed or undressed Razz
sorry it must be the flu I dont ususally take like this really unless I am 1 sheet to the wind Smile

He was naked? didn't really need that mental image, guess I'm gonna have to think of something real good to get that out of my head LOL
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by carebear Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:35 pm

treble21 wrote:
carebear wrote:Dang I don't know of I can take Hacker again the whole time I watched the episode if he was in it I couldnt stop looking at his mouth it just is not humanly possible to be that big and on my big screen its huge and I had nightmares he was trying to eat me. I watched an episode of Monk and Hacker was a nudest yeah I was blind for about 3 days after seeing his butt I dont think I can take him dressed or undressed Razz

He was naked? didn't really need that mental image, guess I'm gonna have to think of something real good to get that out of my head LOL

Um naked booth in the bath tub with his helmet beer container Surprised
carebear
carebear
Squint
Squint

Say What You Want : Um dang didn't know there would be a essay part to this I forgot to study. Can you come back to me after I read my cliff notes?

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:56 pm

Meegs82 wrote:I really liked Grandpa Booth! Wow, surprised to hear people did not. Interesting how different us Bones fans can be with what we like and don't like about the show.
Absolutely. Diversity of fan opinion is what makes casting for a show like this so dicey. You'll never please everyone.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by southerngirl Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:00 pm

Hacker- NO GOOD, in my book- the man has a huge forehead and big lips- he just looks strange, I mean she has Booth to go after and she goes after THIS man. Hello!!!!!!

Now Grandpa Booth-- I liked him- he brought some softness to Bones and to Booths dynamic, I liked it, bring him back anytime!!!

southerngirl
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by puckishbearscubsfan Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:07 pm

I think Hacker is back in his capacity as Booth's boss not as Brennan's relationship. I posted a few months ago my source told me that Hacker may be back but not necessarily with Bones so to speak.

puckishbearscubsfan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by carebear Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:54 pm

If I were stranded on desert island with hacker I would so for a long swim and never look back or use his teeth as a light reflector to spot planes.

ok lack of sleep makes me sound meaner lol
carebear
carebear
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by anteater Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:22 pm

I'm with everyone who said that they didn't like Grandpa Booth. I was majorly disappointed on that front. And I am also going to say that I am intrigued that Hacker is coming back. I think it could lead to a lot of B&B growth at best and a moment similar to what we had at the end of ANatBM at worst (which, let's be honest, was AWESOME). I am confident that B&B will be together by the end of the season and am looking forward to the ride!
anteater
anteater
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:04 pm

THX1138 wrote:
Meegs82 wrote:I really liked Grandpa Booth! Wow, surprised to hear people did not. Interesting how different us Bones fans can be with what we like and don't like about the show.
Absolutely. Diversity of fan opinion is what makes casting for a show like this so dicey. You'll never please everyone.

king RM

Totally. Except I think we might be unanimous with Forehead Man...NOBODY likes him!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:31 pm

I think, given what the ep is about, that Hacker will be there mostly as Booth's boss, but don't be surprised if he puts out a feeler or two to Brennan, given their previous date. It's what she does in response that will be important.

And I must be the only one who doesn't think the sisters look all that much alike! Related, yeah, but not the near-look-alike everyone's been saying.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:20 pm

Grandpa Booth has grown on me with repeated viewings. I think it didn't help that I read the sides and they gave SO much away and I imagined the lines delivered to be so much better or have scenes missing. But, we really got basically everything he did in the episode.

dawnsfire wrote:
And I must be the only one who doesn't
think the sisters look all that much alike! Related, yeah, but not the
near-look-alike everyone's been saying.

queen

You're so not the only one. I don't think they look alike at all. I really can't see it. Maybe I have face blindness.

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum