Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle of the Blades!

4 posters

Go down

Battle of the Blades! Empty Battle of the Blades!

Post by CanadianBones Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:43 am

I don't know if anyone else watched this (i doubt it) but it was a show on CBC that paired figure skating ladies with ex NHL players to compete in an Idol style comp. Well the winner was announced and Jamie Salé (of Salé and Pelletier) and her partner Craig Simpson won. So pumped and happy for them as I'm a huge Salé and Pelletier fan. Sorry, had to share this somewhat pointless news with some people Wink
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Blades! Empty Re: Battle of the Blades!

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:59 pm

I would have watched it if they showed it here in the US, but they didn't. Willi did, though. Sounds like it was a fun show to watch.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:57 am

I think there's talk of bringing it to other markets, due to the success in Canada (success = 1-2 million viewers Wink ). Honestly, I'm not sure how it would fair in the US but you never know (Skating with Celebrities was painful). I think there are youtube clips out there. I'm guessing you probably can't access it from the CBC website.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:05 am

CanadianBones wrote:I think there's talk of bringing it to other markets, due to the success in Canada (success = 1-2 million viewers Wink ). Honestly, I'm not sure how it would fair in the US but you never know (Skating with Celebrities was painful). I think there are youtube clips out there. I'm guessing you probably can't access it from the CBC website.
No, I couldn't.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:47 am

It was awesome! Go Craig Simpson and Jamie Sale!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:48 am

YEAH! baby!! I voted like 100 times. I'm pretty sure some of the members of sale-pelletier.com forum put forth at least 1000 votes. I totally would've been ok if any of the top 3 teams had won, all three of those ladies are awesome! I was sad that it couldn't have been a 3 way tie. Oh well, great for the charities, figure skating and us the viewers! Will, Jamie and Crag, and David, were on The Hour on Tuesday night, it's up the Hour website too, at about the 15 min mark after Julie Payette. (Corey Monteith of Glee is also on the episode).

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Last edited by CanadianBones on Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:02 am

For those of you who might be interested, here are some videos of the show on youtube.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:56 am

Yea, I liked him and Claude Lemieux. I was annoyed about how long Tie Domi lasted though. He was bad!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:32 pm

yeah, same here. He didn't even try it in figure skates either. I'm sure it was because he's a former TML and he would have a huge fanbase in T.O and really across Canada too. See for me the interest in it was for the figure skating aspect of it, while to others it could've been the hockey player aspect. I totally developed a little crush on Claude, he looks pretty awesome for playing 235430 years in the NHL. I would love if Kat Witt could be a permanent judge, she was hysterical. Doug Gilmour was boring and really looked like he didn't want to be there. Did you ever get to see a taping of the show? I wanted to but the Sunday/Monday thing wasn't working in my favour.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by TempestJo Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:16 am

I missed it. I tried to watch, but hubby threw a hissy fit.... I used to love Isabelle Brassure and Lloyd Eisler...Their routine with him dressed as marylin monroe and her dressed as charlie chaplin is STILL my favourite pair routine.
TempestJo
TempestJo
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:04 am

Ha, no one did drag better than Lloyd and Izzy.

Patricia The Stripper is also amazing;) I was able to attend their farewell show in Kitchener a few years back and it was a lot of fun.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by TempestJo Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:12 am

I wish I could have gone, or watched it. I miss them. I don't even watch the comeptitions on tv anymore, they don't have the same zing. I watch the big competitions I guess.

Did you ever see Evgeni Plushenko's Sex Bomb? HILARIOUS. Now thats stripping! LOL.
TempestJo
TempestJo
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:26 am

Yes, I have seen SexBomb... I enjoyed it the first time, not the 1248923th Wink Plushy's back on the scene, he competed at Cup of Russia this year (I think he won too). He came back for the Olympics. I agree with you, the skaters these days don't have the same zing as they used to, but they are quite good. I'm not sure where you are, but Canada has some great up and comers, as do most other countries. Skate Canada is this weekend in Kitchener, and it's the last stop of the Grand Prix, before the Grand Prix Final. There is now tons of online streaming coverage of the entire competition, which makes it really great to catch skaters you normally wouldn't see on tv.

You should watch it on the CBC website, [Only admins are allowed to see this link] click on Season One, all the episodes are there. Week 1 Performances seems to be stuck in the middle. Week 1 is a little iffy, but even by Week 2, you can see huge improvements in the quality of the skating. You should try to check it out, it was done rather well.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down