Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling all writers - We have a Halloween Challenge!

+5
Kasper
G
MoonlightGardenias
willgirl
DBCrazy
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Calling all writers - We have a Halloween Challenge! Empty Calling all writers - We have a Halloween Challenge!

Post by DBCrazy Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:35 pm

Calling all writers - We have a Halloween Challenge!

Halloween is fast approaching and it's time to get in the ghouls and goblins spirit of play!

Here is your challenge:

1) Take any character from Bones, from Booth and Brennan, to any of the Squints, to the Squinterns, to the Cullen or Caroline or even Geier, to our old favorite Dr. Goodman, or even one of the many suspects. You get the idea, anyone we know from Bones.

2) Make it about Halloween when they were a kid, after all it is a kid's holiday, right!?

That's it! Have fun, and help us get in the Halloween spirit!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Calling all writers - We have a Halloween Challenge! Empty Re: Calling all writers - We have a Halloween Challenge!

Post by willgirl Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:08 pm

Oooh, I like this challenge! I'm in!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Calling all writers - We have a Halloween Challenge! Empty Re: Calling all writers - We have a Halloween Challenge!

Post by MoonlightGardenias Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:17 pm

Ooh, interesting. Yay. Cool
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by G Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:55 am

I don't do much writing for fun anymore, but this could be something.... I think I'm in!
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 8770
Say What You Want : Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Man in Black: You're that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Man in Black: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:57 am

Can it be a mix of past and present?
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12859
Say What You Want : For British eyes only
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:49 am

Kasper wrote:Can it be a mix of past and present?
Just so long as you have the past in there, sure!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:20 pm

yay! This sounds like funnnnnnnnn !!!!! Very Happy Im' really happy right now. as you can tell. and enthusiastic. YYYYYYYYAAAAYYYYY!

sunny ~Sunnie~
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 125
Say What You Want : In somnis veritas
Failure needs excuse. Success needs none.
Touching live wires on a high tension line could result in side effects such as: sneezing, twitching, headaches, DEATH, seizures, congestment. Wink
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:27 pm

Are you guys working on this, or is nobody in the Halloween spirit this year??

I'm going to go post Jaunty's Halloween to see if I can get some childish pranks rolling around here!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:07 pm

When's the deadline? Oct. 31st? I'd better get cracking!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:12 pm

willgirl wrote:When's the deadline? Oct. 31st? I'd better get cracking!
I guess I didn't specify, did I?

Yes, the deadline for the Halloween Challenge is October 31st!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:55 pm

Where should we post if the Muse cooperates? Here or create individual threads?

queen

I'm thinking, I'm thinking...
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:19 pm

dawnsfire wrote:Where should we post if the Muse cooperates? Here or create individual threads?

queen

I'm thinking, I'm thinking...

I think there should be individual threads. Just put Halloween Challenge in the title.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:02 am

So...question. Would making one about Parker be cheating? I mean, he's still a kid and I know there are dozens out there already so I'm not saying I will, but yeah. Just wondering.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:19 am

DBCrazy wrote:Are you guys working on this, or is nobody in the Halloween spirit this year??

I'm going to go post Jaunty's Halloween to see if I can get some childish pranks rolling around here!!
Oh, I'm working on it. Damn it...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:32 am

flyersfan35 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:Are you guys working on this, or is nobody in the Halloween spirit this year??

Me too--just a short piece o' fluff...

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:37 am

dawnsfire wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:

queen
Well, the last thing I need is another thing to write. But unfortunately, I don't have a choice. Stupid muse...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:28 am

MoonlightGardenias wrote:So...question. Would making one about Parker be cheating? I mean, he's still a kid and I know there are dozens out there already so I'm not saying I will, but yeah. Just wondering.
Tiff, that's totally cool. Parker is a character on Bones and he's a kid. Works for me!! And the "not saying I will" part ... No now you're committed. Laughing I'm getting excited!!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:31 am

flyersfan35 wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:

queen
Well, the last thing I need is another thing to write. But unfortunately, I don't have a choice. Stupid muse...
jocolor cheers You guys are getting me excited now!! Yippee!!! cheers jocolor
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:49 am

The "not saying I will" was just about the story being about Parker. I'm definitely going to take some time this weekend to get something done. Yay. Cool
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Thnx4theGum Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:58 pm

Oooh! *throws hat in the ring* I think I can SCARE something up by then.
Gum pirat

ps May I post a Parker one I wrote a while ago for funsies too?
Thnx4theGum
Thnx4theGum
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:47 pm

Thnx4theGum wrote:Oooh! *throws hat in the ring* I think I can SCARE something up by then.
Gum pirat

ps May I post a Parker one I wrote a while ago for funsies too?
Gum, we never care how old the stories are that someone posts around here, so definitely, in the spirit of the season, go ahead and post it!! But whether it'll be right to enter it into the challenge?? I don't know! Somebody, a little help here, please. What's customary?

So looking forward to a Halloween story!! Very Happy bounce affraid
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:52 pm

No one's gonna answer my question above? Okay, Gum, do whatever you think is right.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Thnx4theGum Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:27 am

I'll post it for funsies and do something original for the actual contest Smile
(over in the BY the Halloween contest is a bit different and the word limit is 666) Twisted Evil
Thnx4theGum
Thnx4theGum
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:27 am

Can't wait!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:19 am

I'm working on mine... child is 18 and under, or 16 and under, or 12 and under? or even younger? Just wondering.
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 125
Say What You Want : In somnis veritas
Failure needs excuse. Success needs none.
Touching live wires on a high tension line could result in side effects such as: sneezing, twitching, headaches, DEATH, seizures, congestment. Wink
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum