Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vegan Diets Becoming More Mainstream

+3
RGPageantqueen
Meegs82
bugaboo628
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Vegan Diets Becoming More Mainstream - Page 2 Empty Re: Vegan Diets Becoming More Mainstream

Post by Meegs82 Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:34 am

Restaurants ARE hard. And my husband and I still eat out, but I have managed to find things to eat, but it's limited. I probably should be getting better nutrients, however. It's easier in the bigger cities. When I lived in L.A., it wouldn't have been a problem, but I wasn't vegan then. It actually hasn't been too difficult to make the change in my lifestyle. I just really need to learn how to cook! Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Vegan Diets Becoming More Mainstream - Page 2 Empty Re: Vegan Diets Becoming More Mainstream

Post by THX1138 Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:06 am

Wow, I shouldn't even be in this thread. Not that I don't love vegans, I do, they taste like chicken *yum*. Seriously I've gone veg before and even tried Vegan once for about a solid week - no cheating either. It's not that I can't eat that way it's just not at all something I enjoy. I grew up on a family farm and we raised beef cattle and hogs in small batches, raising and slaughtering animals for food is something I grew up doing and I like steak, chicken and pork - especially God's gift to man, bacon. Seriously, vegans want to get me to switch permanently it's gonna take a realistic bacon substitute. Oh, that and a decent hotdog substitute. Veggie burgers are tasty enough, but I've yet to have a veggie dog that didn't taste like ass.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:53 pm

Ive been vegan now for about a year. i dont ever see myself going back!
I think ED probably influenced me a bit, i had been vegetarian for ages but i read so much stuff abotu her being a vegan i decided to switch. best idea!
It still sucks though that Australia is so so slowly picking up on the trend. there's only like 3 vegan restaurants on the whole of the Gold coast...
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum