Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fringe, anyone?

+15
19ana89
bugaboo628
A2BOREANAZ
G
DBCrazy
riviera41797
Kasper
spygrl
Meegs82
flyersfan35
heirofloki
Turi ray of sunshine
bones206
ToZiKa
dawnsfire
19 posters

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Fringe, anyone? - Page 13 Empty Re: Fringe, anyone?

Post by 19ana89 Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:09 am

Yeah, just in case... lol.

Spoiler:
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1938
Say What You Want : Ones who flaunt their power disappear when the truly powerful appear.
Registration date : 2009-01-13

https://www.facebook.com/19ana89

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:32 pm

19ana89 wrote:Yeah, just in case... lol.

Spoiler:

Exactly. And I don't think it can 'cuz it would change the dynamic of the show.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:55 pm

Meegs82 wrote:

Spoiler:

No.

Spoiler:

I'm gonna be frank...
Spoiler:
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:55 am

bones206 wrote:

I'm gonna be frank...
I personally think that Olivia and Peter are whiney asses. I mean, OK Walter did tests on you as a child. We get it! MOVE ON. And Peter. I don't have any examples on mind at the moment, but he whines a lot too. I feel like Olivia and Peter are more anti-Walter than they are pro-Walter.

(not using spoiler tags here because aired episodes are fair game to discuss)

Actually, no. Sorry, but that's kinda something you don't just get over, particularly after you just found out. In Fringe timeline, there wasn't a summer hiatus: Liv just found out about her cortexiphan insanity; Peter just found out his father attached electrodes to him and turned the power on -and this is after a childhood spent with a man who pretty much went insane and destroyed his and his mum's peace of mind. It's the equivalent of telling someone who's been mentally/physically abused (in more conventional terms), to get over themselves. Again, no. Sorry, but no.

All things considered, I think Olivia's done pretty well (some people think she's a robot. LOL). Peter...I'll wait and see after the next episodes.
Spoiler:

Last edited by heirofloki on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:03 am

Meegs82 wrote:

Spoiler:

You know,
Spoiler:

Also, I found the Noble interview!! I think the link is at the Fringe Forum but for those of you who don't visit, here it goes. (TAKE NOTE: Mild spoilers for the rest of the season): [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"

Back to top Go down

Post by 19ana89 Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:08 am

Very interesting...
Spoiler:
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : Ones who flaunt their power disappear when the truly powerful appear.

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:18 am

heirofloki wrote:
bones206 wrote:

I'm gonna be frank...
I personally think that Olivia and Peter are whiney asses. I mean, OK Walter did tests on you as a child. We get it! MOVE ON. And Peter. I don't have any examples on mind at the moment, but he whines a lot too. I feel like Olivia and Peter are more anti-Walter than they are pro-Walter.

(not using spoiler tags here because aired episodes are fair game to discuss)

Actually, no. Sorry, but that's kinda something you don't just get over, particularly after you just found out. In Fringe timeline, there wasn't a summer hiatus: Liv just found out about her cortexiphan insanity; Peter just found out his father attached electrodes to him and turned the power on -and this is after a childhood spent with a man who pretty much went insane and destroyed his and his mum's peace of mind. It's the equivalent of telling someone who's been mentally/physically abused (in more conventional terms), to get over themselves. Again, no. Sorry, but no.

All things considered, I think Olivia's done pretty well (some people think she's a robot. LOL). Peter...I'll wait and see after the next episodes.
Spoiler:

Ah well. We're just going to have to agree to disagree. sos

However,
Spoiler:
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:09 pm

heirofloki wrote:

You know,
Spoiler:

Also, I found the Noble interview!! I think the link is at the Fringe Forum but for those of you who don't visit, here it goes. (TAKE NOTE: Mild spoilers for the rest of the season): [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I can definitely see that happening as well.
Spoiler:

At least that's my take! Oh, and LOVE the BSG S3 reference, heiro! cheers
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:14 pm

Oh, and on the "Olivia has done pretty well/robot" note...I find it funny people say that, but at the same time, she really is due for a nervous breakdown. I have said this OVER and OVER again at the Fringe Forum, but the woman seriously needs to just lose it. After everything that has happened to her recently (not to mention the stuff from her past...Cortexi-kid and all), she could not remain sane withOUT breaking down. And I wanna see it. Anna Torv does, too. I want hysterics, tears, yelling, hyperventilation...all...out...BREAKDOWN. Or at least a mini-breakdown...a few tears to show that she isn't a cylon, haha. I guess the only way I can see that happen is if
Spoiler:

BTW, heiro, do you post over on FF? Haven't seen your sn.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by 19ana89 Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:35 am

Meegs82 wrote:Oh, and on the "Olivia has done pretty well/robot" note...I find it funny people say that, but at the same time, she really is due for a nervous breakdown. I have said this OVER and OVER again at the Fringe Forum, but the woman seriously needs to just lose it. After everything that has happened to her recently (not to mention the stuff from her past...Cortexi-kid and all), she could not remain sane withOUT breaking down. And I wanna see it. Anna Torv does, too. I want hysterics, tears, yelling, hyperventilation...all...out...BREAKDOWN. Or at least a mini-breakdown...a few tears to show that she isn't a cylon, haha. I guess the only way I can see that happen is if
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:30 pm

I know, it'll be heartbreaking Sad
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:12 pm

HEY! CYLONS CAN CRY WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THAT?!

*uhm hello, capslock of outrage, how are you today?*

But no. I'm okay with her not having a total break down. Wasn't she in the Corp? Marines don't break down! Razz. Seriously though, I don't want her to go all blubbery. I love that she handled John's death with such ... god, the only word I've got for it is accuracy. I... maybe it's because I'm used to people being able to handle their emotions in extreme situations (and Olivia, with her past, should have that ability down pat. I'll say it again, she's no Sydney: She's been to hell and back with her family -and she actually remembers it!), but I have no need whatsoever for blubbery Olivia.

I do want to see
Spoiler:
Oh, that'd be an epic breakdown I'd buy tickets to watch!

Meegs, I don't post there. Don't even lurk there much anymore. Stupid academia is stupid. And time consuming as fuck. >> *is tired*

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:00 am

heirofloki wrote:HEY! CYLONS CAN CRY WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THAT?!

*uhm hello, capslock of outrage, how are you today?*

But no. I'm okay with her not having a total break down. Wasn't she in the Corp? Marines don't break down! Razz. Seriously though, I don't want her to go all blubbery. I love that she handled John's death with such ... god, the only word I've got for it is accuracy. I... maybe it's because I'm used to people being able to handle their emotions in extreme situations (and Olivia, with her past, should have that ability down pat. I'll say it again, she's no Sydney: She's been to hell and back with her family -and she actually remembers it!), but I have no need whatsoever for blubbery Olivia.

I do want to see
Spoiler:
Oh, that'd be an epic breakdown I'd buy tickets to watch!

Meegs, I don't post there. Don't even lurk there much anymore. Stupid academia is stupid. And time consuming as fuck. >> *is tired*

Allow me to rephrase...she's not a CENTURION. That better? Razz

Oh, I don't want blubbery Olivia either, 'cuz that's not HER. What I want is just a single scene where she loses it. I don't want to see her continue to be that way, but come on, how much can a human being take? I don't care HOW strong she is or if she was a Marine. There is seriously only SO much a person can take and I think she's getting close to reaching her limit. She's strong yes, but also VERY bottled up...and I think something needs to pop open that bottle...let the champagne come pouring out as the cork flies across the room! Okay, that was kind of a weird metaphor.

Anywho, we know that she CARES about her job, about Peter, about Walter, about everything going on, so now I want to really SEE it. She needs to get emotional...just once to show that as strong as she is, she still needs a good old-fashioned meltdown every once in a while. Razz

P.S. Excellent point about Sydney. She really was the emotional rollercoaster while also being incredibly kick-ass. As much as I loved Sydney, I don't see (or want) Olivia going down the same path either. She's different, but she's also human.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:57 am

Oh, Liv, you didn't. Oh, Liv...Oh, god.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:13 pm

heirofloki wrote:Oh, Liv, you didn't. Oh, Liv...Oh, god.

To which part are you referring? Her telling Walter that she's decided not to tell Peter?
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:33 am

Meegs82 wrote:
heirofloki wrote:Oh, Liv, you didn't. Oh, Liv...Oh, god.

To which part are you referring? Her telling Walter that she's decided not to tell Peter?

Yep. That one is gonna come back to bite her in the ass. Big time.

Funnily enough, my brother (with whom I watch the show a second time on skype Razz), was going all "Oh, no, she doesn't love him anymore 'cause he's from another universe??!" Who knew he cared? Heeh. Proof enough that there's a dormant benchwarmer in all of us. lol

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by 19ana89 Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:47 am

I didn't like the fact she didn't tell Peter either because of THAT reason. lol. But I see why she didn't... She doesn't want to lose him.
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:40 am

19ana89 wrote:I didn't like the fact she didn't tell Peter either because of THAT reason. lol. But I see why she didn't... She doesn't want to lose him.

I kinda love that she didn't tell him because she's afraid to lose him (Benchie moment # 4337 of the season, ladies and gents. Razz), but oy, it's so gonna come back to her. And in the worse way possible, too, I reckon.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by 19ana89 Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:43 am

Yeah. Then what is she gonna do, when it does?
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:36 am

19ana89 wrote:Yeah. Then what is she gonna do, when it does?

Two words: BREAK. DOWN. That's what she's gonna do! And yup, I'm gonna just keep on pushin' this agenda! Razz
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:44 am

19ana89 wrote:I didn't like the fact she didn't tell Peter either because of THAT reason. lol. But I see why she didn't... She doesn't want to lose him.
But you know he's gonna find out sooner or later...she's gonna regret not telling him now.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by 19ana89 Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:57 pm

Yeah, I know... I know roughly when he does find out... It's just sad to think about...
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:01 pm

What?! No one has anything to say about the heart-breaking adorableness of this past episode? Really? Was I the only one who wanted to give Walter a hug when Peter said that line about not being in-line with his destiny? I was watching with my bro and we both bursted laughing (and then I got all Sad for Walter).

Also, *sadness!* I have to travel to Backward!Country! this coming Thursday. I'm not being colorful either (or racist, I was born there, I can call it whatever I want Razz), so internet access will be... likely not good enough for me to watch the epis. I'm missing three weeks of Fringe, y'all!!

(and yes, that is the one thing I'm most worried about. Not war or disturbingly high criminality. No, missing Fringe -that freaks me out *facepalms*)

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by 19ana89 Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:29 pm

Bummer! And the next one looks really good! Thank goodness for Hulu and other streaming video sites! Wink
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:17 pm

Oh, we are all still here and have stuff to say, I'm sure of it, heiro! Wink I actually missed this one and didn't get to watch it til Sunday night 'cuz I've been out of town. I'm with ya on the destiny line with Peter. Walter says that deja vu means that you're lined up with fate and you are exactly where you're supposed to be. Well, after Peter said he had never had a deja vu moment, my hubby said "that's 'cuz he's never where he's supposed to be." Exactly. And that is the sheer brilliance of these writers.

And the whole letter thing with Walter...I just KNEW that one of those times he was going to destroy it. But now, he can't get out of not telling Peter 'cuz he has his sign...the white tulip. This is about to get VERY interesting...and I can't wait. Very Happy
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next