Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HP & the Half-Blood Prince movie reviews-SPOILERS

+7
willgirl
PIMP
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
bones206
THX1138
Zeddie
flyersfan35
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

HP & the Half-Blood Prince movie reviews-SPOILERS - Page 2 Empty Re: HP & the Half-Blood Prince movie reviews-SPOILERS

Post by flyersfan35 Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:38 am

Kasper wrote:The movie had me laughing most of the time and I don't know, I just really enjoyed it. I've come to terms that the movies suck in comparison to the books so I've adopted a non-book reader attitude when talking about the movies. So, I liked it, a lot.
I can understand that. I laughed a lot, too. And like I said, looking at it just as a movie, I thought it was great. Still disappointed, though. But I'll live...lol
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

HP & the Half-Blood Prince movie reviews-SPOILERS - Page 2 Empty Re: HP & the Half-Blood Prince movie reviews-SPOILERS

Post by Kasper Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:42 pm

Well now the issue comes with the 7th book. If it's gonna be two movies, everything (or at least ALMOST everything) should be in the movies. There shouldn't be any major overhaul. I will be truly pissed if they do, just like I was pissed with what the third movie was.
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12859
Say What You Want : For British eyes only
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:59 pm

Kasper wrote:Well now the issue comes with the 7th book. If it's gonna be two movies, everything (or at least ALMOST everything) should be in the movies. There shouldn't be any major overhaul. I will be truly pissed if they do, just like I was pissed with what the third movie was.
Yeah, I'm anxious to see what they do with it. And very glad it will be two movies.

Though I saw the third movie before I read the book, so it wasn't bad for me.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:17 pm

Well I think the point and the tone of the third movie was lost. It was a relatively happy book and I think they should have shown the winning of the Quidditch House Cup or something. I just think that the movie sucked and it was too different for me. It was too dark.
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:27 pm

Kasper wrote:Well I think the point and the tone of the third movie was lost. It was a relatively happy book and I think they should have shown the winning of the Quidditch House Cup or something. I just think that the movie sucked and it was too different for me. It was too dark.
Watching it now, after reading the book, it was disappointing. But at the time, I didn't know better. lol. But as far as HBP, I need to go see it again, and get my second impression. And then wait anxiously for the last two.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:24 pm

Haha just don't sit in front of annoying people like I did. They are annoying haha.

Oh I just really liked the movie. But I could have been sort of charmed by it. I'd have to see it again to determine if I was wrong. But I think that I really liked it. It was just so damn funny.
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:43 pm

Haha, I don't think you're wrong. I liked it too, and it really was very funny. I just didn't love it, and I really wanted to.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:34 pm

Haaaaaaaaaaated it. My thoughts can be read here:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5591
Location : 48% of day in school, 44% at home, 8% in transit between them
Say What You Want : Officially obsessed with fandom.
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://fluffernutter8.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:42 pm

Okay saw the movie . Overall it was pretty watchable and enjoyable though Burrow scene annoyed the hell out of me and also the ending where Harry was just standing under the stairs waiting until Snape would kill Dumbledore. Ginny was way too forward and they didn't say anything about ravenclaw's diadem in the Room of requiremtn which was also very annoying. All in all nice movie, funny and cute but something still was missing..
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16090
Say What You Want : Buena Suerte Y Adios Mis Amigos <3
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:01 am

karlia wrote:Okay saw the movie . Overall it was pretty watchable and enjoyable though Burrow scene annoyed the hell out of me and also the ending where Harry was just standing under the stairs waiting until Snape would kill Dumbledore. Ginny was way too forward and they didn't say anything about ravenclaw's diadem in the Room of requiremtn which was also very annoying. All in all nice movie, funny and cute but something still was missing..
Ohmigod, the Burrow scene PISSED THE HELL OUT OF ME. Also, what's with the stupid Death Eaters can fly around power?
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5591
Location : 48% of day in school, 44% at home, 8% in transit between them
Say What You Want : Officially obsessed with fandom.
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://fluffernutter8.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:21 pm

I was thinking that too , don't they need like BROOMS!
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16090
Say What You Want : Buena Suerte Y Adios Mis Amigos <3
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Rike Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:54 am

Sarah9488 wrote:I watched the movie Friday night and will go again tomorrow. I hope I will remember more afterwards.
Basically I concur with most of you with the things I've missed or disliked. I just want to add that I missed Snape. There was just not enough of him. Why did they even mention he teaches DADA now?
Plus, I didn't like that Harry went spying without his invisible cloak. I disliked that a lot in Dumbledore's death scene. Snape saw him and didn't hurt him. Takes the illusion of Snape being the bad guy.
And disapparating out of Hogwarts... wth?! That bothered me a lot.
Moreover, I was kind of disappointed with the why of Ron's relationship with Lavender. In the book he's angry with Hermione for kissing Krum and mainly starting it because of a fight with Ginny.
Then Ginny who was basically everywhere. During the Quidditch tryouts it almost looks like she is some kind of Co-Captain to Harry. I can understand the importance of her being everywhere, but it bothered me a little to see her as a new part of the Harry, Hermione, Ron-trio.
btw, was I the only one who had the impression that Hogwarts looked different than in the other movies... I'm not sure. Should watch the other ones again.

However, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie... I just think I shouldn't have read all the books in two weeks this month. Made me notice to many details in the novels that I think are of importance.
that's exactly what I thought especially
the snape thing was the worst, okay the whole Dumbeldore death scene No
why did I hear the audio book again? I shouldn't have done that before!

Rike
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1695
Say What You Want : The human voice can never reach the distance that is covered by the still small voice of consious.
Mahatma Ghandi
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2