Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sumary season 5

+14
ReginaPhalange
Sarah9488
THX1138
morebones
SnoopGirl
serendipity
DBCrazy
HeyHey
i_heart_bones
TinkonBrink
ForensicMama
ToZiKa
HarHar21
tempebooth
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

sumary season 5 Empty sumary season 5

Post by tempebooth Tue May 19, 2009 3:15 pm

Small Seson 5 summary from the Upfronts

'O9 FOX RETURNING SHOWS
UpFront Programming Schedule and SEASON 5 Summary inside!

Read guys!

From executive producers Hart Hanson, Barry Josephson and Stephen Nathan comes the fifth exciting season of BONES, a darkly amusing procedural with humor, heart and character, inspired by real-life forensic anthropologist and novelist Kathy Reichs.

DR. TEMPERANCE BRENNAN (Emily Deschanel) is a highly skilled forensic anthropologist who works at the Jeffersonian Institute in Washington, DC, and writes novels as a sideline. When the standard methods of identifying a body are useless – when the remains are so badly decomposed, burned or destroyed – law enforcement calls in Brennan for her uncanny ability to read clues left behind in the victim’s bones.

Most law enforcement can’t handle Brennan’s intelligence, her drive for the truth, or the way she flings herself headlong into every investigation. SPECIAL AGENT SEELEY BOOTH (David Boreanaz) of the FBI’s Homicide Investigations Unit is the exception. A former Army sniper, Booth mistrusts science and scientists – the “squints,” as he calls them – who pore over the physical evidence of a crime. But even he cannot deny that the combination of his people-smarts and Brennan’s scientific acumen makes them a formidable team.

Aside from Booth, Brennan is most comfortable with her equally brilliant colleagues at the Jeffersonian’s Medico-Legal Lab. ANGELA MONTENEGRO (Michaela Conlin), an artist who specializes in reconstructing facial features and crime scenes, is Brennan’s earthy and bawdy best friend; “the bug guy,” conspiracy theorist DR. JACK HODGINS (TJ Thyne), is an expert on insects, spores and minerals; and DR. CAMILLE “CAM” SAROYAN (Tamara Taylor), the street-smart and centered coroner, must wrangle all the geniuses under her purview. Lending his professional expertise to Brennan and Booth is DR. LANCE SWEETS (John Francis Daley), a brilliant young FBI psychologist who is equally adept at profiling murderers and providing “couples therapy” to Booth and Brennan.

As Season Five of BONES begins, Booth and Brennan contend with the emotional fallout resulting from the sea-change in their relationship brought about by events at the end of Season Four. This includes Brennan’s request to have Booth father her child and the strange, profound, almost psychic link they shared during Booth’s coma, which left both of them wondering what thoughts and emotions the other is experiencing. While Booth endeavors to come to grips with these unleashed emotions, Brennan insists that, with the aid of her “squints” in the lab, the two of them focus their attention and energy on their main job – catching murderers that no one else can catch.

BONES is from Far Field Productions and Josephson Entertainment in association with 20th Century Fox Television. Hart Hanson, Barry Josephson and Stephen Nathan are executive producers.

source: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

tempebooth

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

sumary season 5 Empty Re: sumary season 5

Post by tempebooth Tue May 19, 2009 3:15 pm

Good God. I wanna see the season 5!!!

tempebooth

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by HarHar21 Tue May 19, 2009 3:37 pm

PSYCHIC???! No, Medium vibe please. I'm leaning towards the idea that it's back from square one for them (i.e Season 1-ish but not really) which is good, for the most part. I like the dynamic then. But let's all hope for the best.
HarHar21
HarHar21
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 133
Say What You Want : Forensic Anthropologist! That's why no gun.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue May 19, 2009 6:24 pm

tempebooth wrote:
strange, profound, almost psychic link they shared during Booth's coma, which left both of them wondering what thoughts and emotions the other is experiencing.

That answers at least some of the questions whether it was Bones writing or Booth dreaming the last episode of season 4......but I don't know what to think about the 'almost psychic' part in there.I really don't want them to become another one of those psychic-shows like Medium or Ghost Whisperer or maybe even Fringe. They are all great shows but not what I wanna see happen in Bones.
tempebooth wrote: While Booth endeavors to come to grips with these unleashed emotions, Brennan insists that, with the aid of her squints in the lab, the two of them focus their attention and energy on their main job catching murderers that no one else can catch.
That doesn't sound like Booth can't remember her to me. Maybe he doesn't have amnesia after all, it will 'resolve itself' in the time between the seasons, or he will start to remember her in the first episode.
Booth trying to come to grips sounds to me like Brennan was the one who knew that she was in love with Booth......didn't see that coming, but it does sound as if those feelings were new to Booth.
And of course Brennan wants to concentrate on work instead of feelings.....

But at least we know that the plan for season 5 looks promising.
Whether or not it will be a great season depends on how they pull it off, but I think it has potential to be great.

Thanks for the post tempebooth!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue May 19, 2009 6:55 pm

O.O SEASON FIVE! COME QUICK!!!!!!!!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Tue May 19, 2009 9:33 pm

tempebooth wrote:...which left both of them wondering what thoughts and emotions the other is experiencing. While Booth endeavors to come to grips with these unleashed emotions, Brennan insists that, with the aid of her “squints” in the lab, the two of them focus their attention and energy on their main job – catching murderers that no one else can catch.

Hmmm...interesting.
I always thought that Gordon Gordon was talking about Booth being aware of his feelings and struggling. Brennan and Booth both sublimate their feelings in different ways though. Brennan compartmentalises, sticks her head in the sand and copes by denying the existence of those pesky feelings. Booth...well...Booth puts on a belt buckle, pulls on a pair of striped socks, flashes a charm smile and pretends all is right with the world.

So Booth has unleashed emotions? I guess there just aren't enough ties, buckles and socks to repress his feelings any more?...and Brennan's insisting they just do their job, focus on the work, the cases, the bones...Darn, nothing changes there then! Very Happy
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue May 19, 2009 9:46 pm

well he can't wear 10 ties at the same time to work, or wear more than 3 pairs of socks on top of each other.....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 pm

I hope they bring us more tidbits like this during our LOOONNNGG wait... Sad
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue May 19, 2009 9:52 pm

don't make me remember or I'll.....I'll......*bursts into tears and starts sobbing*

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Tue May 19, 2009 10:09 pm

ToZiKa wrote:well he can't wear 10 ties at the same time to work, or wear more than 3 pairs of socks on top of each other.....

Hmmm...But if he did...It'd make for an interesting game of PassTheParcelBooth! Pass Booth around when the music stops...take off an item of clothing!...A sock, a tie, a tie, a sock, another sock, another tie..."Hey! That's cheating...When do we get to the good stuff like jacket, trousers...shirt?"...Quiet over there Dr Brennan!

Yeah. PassTheParcelBooth not available from all good party game stockists! (Darn!) Wink
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Tue May 19, 2009 10:15 pm

I wonder if this is where Cyndi Lauper comes in as the psychic?

Why is Bones going all super-natural? (Maybe it won't... but it's all a bit odd!).

Unleashed emotions?? Sounds good!

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue May 19, 2009 10:26 pm

You guys are scaring me now. I don't mind some sort of unexplained similarity with the mind-melding thing, but I can only go with it so far. I like this show grounded in reality, and I don't want it to meld into medium/fringe/supernatural ... but that is the new/current "oooo" kind of thing. But hey, so are vampires, so if we're going to transition why don't we just make Booth over into a evil-fighting vampire with Brennan as his side-kick vampire slayer!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by serendipity Tue May 19, 2009 10:53 pm

HarHar21 wrote:PSYCHIC???! No, Medium vibe please. I'm leaning towards the idea that it's back from square one for them (i.e Season 1-ish but not really) which is good, for the most part. I like the dynamic then. But let's all hope for the best.

ohhhh, I dont think i could handle that!....To hit the 'reset' button like that. Whilst i also LOVED the season one dynamic, i dont want the last 4 years of character development to melt away. I'm just hoping Booths's confusion comes from not knowing if she is Wife or Partner Bren, and just being ultimatley confuzled for a while.

I am LOVING the idea that there are UNLEASHED emotions flying about...lets see how Sweets deals with these issues!

......Why do shows even have to go on hiatus??...Lets just make it so that Bones is on all year round......please....pretty please??

Ren x (as nicknamed in the IHBFC! lol)

serendipity
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 88
Say What You Want : to be the woman James Morrison is singing about!
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Tue May 19, 2009 11:54 pm

52 all new BONES episodes is what I would like. And I don't even need a murder, I would be most content with watching DB just sitting there on a couch in a pair of jeans cheers

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by morebones Wed May 20, 2009 4:52 am

SnoopGirl wrote:52 all new BONES episodes is what I would like. And I don't even need a murder, I would be most content with watching DB just sitting there on a couch in a pair of jeans cheers
So would I... But must confess that it'd be a bit slow... I think I'd rather see him in a-c-t-i-o-n... Do you know what I'm talking about???
morebones
morebones

Number of posts : 9
Say What You Want : Just Bones...
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed May 20, 2009 5:03 am

SnoopGirl wrote:52 all new BONES episodes is what I would like. And I don't even need a murder, I would be most content with watching DB just sitting there on a couch in a pair of jeans cheers
IN a pair of jeans?
why not OUT of a pair of jeans?
I think I'd like that even more.....

But back to topic, I don't think that it will really be some psychic story.
Maybe they just called it psychic because the writing and the dream were so alike.....that would seem strange for any other couple, but not for B and B.

And I don't want to go back to how things were in season 1.
It was a great season and I still love to watch those episodes, but I don't want to live without all the developments.

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed May 20, 2009 6:03 am

DBCrazy wrote:You guys are scaring me now. I don't mind some sort of unexplained similarity with the mind-melding thing, but I can only go with it so far. I like this show grounded in reality, and I don't want it to meld into medium/fringe/supernatural ... but that is the new/current "oooo" kind of thing.

Yeah, I'm with you on this one DBC. The Teddy Parker conundrum aside this show is pretty much grounded entirely in science. Now, I know for a fact that couples that are really, truly, in sync with one another anticipate one another's needs, thoughts, feelings, to the point that it seems as if they're reading one another's minds. My parents will have been married 55 years this December, they can go hours without speaking because they know what the other's thinking. Of course that makes it hilarious when you're around them and suddenly my Mom is hitting my dad's arm and giving him hell for something she knows he's thinking but hasn't actually said.

I think what HH is talking about here is a profound link the two share (calling it almost psychic), that same link we've seen time and again on the show. All those moments where they speak volumes with just a look, the evidence where Booth can read Brennan's moods and vice versa, the fact that Booth knows how Brennan thinks (Daisy, Daffodil, Jupiter) and she was mumbling to herself as she wrote, maybe she actually read her work aloud to Booth (knowing as a scientist would, that talking to coma patients is beneficial to their recovery) and he incorporated that into his dream world? It'll be interesting to see how they handle it, but I think the psychic link thing will be downplayed or treated as a joke more than anything. At least I hope so.

DBCrazy wrote:But hey, so are vampires, so if we're going to transition why don't we just make Booth over into a evil-fighting vampire with Brennan as his side-kick vampire slayer!

Dude! I would so pay to see that! Now what we need to do is get Joss Whedon, Jane Espeson, and David Greenwalt in on the project to write, direct and produce the show! I wonder what we'd call it...maybe "Temperance, the Vampire Slayer" or we could build the show around Booth, the vampire with a soul, and call it "Seeley".

Hmm, sooo Angela would replace Willow, Cam is definitely Cordy, does that make Hodgins Xander?

Robert Modean
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed May 20, 2009 6:04 am

Ohh, and Doctor Goodman would be Giles! Or would that be Max? After all Giles had his days as "Ripper".

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah9488 Wed May 20, 2009 6:57 am

ToZiKa wrote:
But back to topic, I don't think that it will really be some psychic story.
Maybe they just called it psychic because the writing and the dream were so alike.....that would seem strange for any other couple, but not for B and B.

And I don't want to go back to how things were in season 1.
It was a great season and I still love to watch those episodes, but I don't want to live without all the developments.

Exactly. I think Aloemilk explained how that melding of two minds works.
And I concur on your season1 point too.

tempebooth wrote: While Booth endeavors to come to grips with these unleashed emotions, Brennan insists that, with the aid of her squints in the lab, the two of them focus their attention and energy on their main job catching murderers that no one else can catch.

I didn't understand this as Brennan being the one acutely aware of her feelings and having to fight them each day. For me it just sounds like Booth wants to act on it while Brennan, who just came to terms with her feelings for him (imo), puts her walls back up again after he hurt her in not remembering her.

Plus, I think the amnesia itself won't be a huge part of the beginning of season5. As in all episodes after season finales it'll only be mentioned shortly and the implications of his amnesia will unfold during the season...
Sarah9488
Sarah9488
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1104
Say What You Want : Avatar: https://twitter.com/bitsy_bones

http://www.myspace.com/sarah9488

Back to top Go down

Post by ReginaPhalange Wed May 20, 2009 7:28 am

Sarah9488 wrote: For me it just sounds like Booth wants to act on it while Brennan, who just came to terms with her feelings for him (imo), puts her walls back up again after he hurt her in not remembering her.

Geez, I hope not. Part of me thinks, you're going to be right, the other part of me hopes that Brennan realizes now how much Booth really means to her and she starts to fight for more in their relationship. I'm so torn!
ReginaPhalange
ReginaPhalange
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed May 20, 2009 4:37 pm

I think she might be a little bit scared, but she won't try to run away from him or their feelings.
Not after all that happend.
Maybe she will try to act as if everything is normal and concentrate on her work, but I don't think that that will do her any good......

Even if it hurt her that he couldn't remember her after the surgery, she knows that that wasn't his fault. She is way too logical to blame him for his amnesia.

It's possible that you're right Sarah, but I still think that by letting her write those last lines, they wanted us to realize that she can see that there's more between them too.......

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu May 21, 2009 5:45 pm

In terms of the psychic or supernatural stuff, there's been an element of it before--the voodoo in New Orleans (how did she lose that day?), the ghost on the video in Witch/Woods, maybe even Teddy Parker in Hero/Hold. (That's how I was looking at it at the time, anyway. Now, maybe it was just a hallucination.) Was there anything in S3 like that? Gormogon wasn't supernatural...just conspiratorial.
I like what Robert said. That would be nice.
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Thu May 21, 2009 6:30 pm

hm i can understand brennan focusing on their work. especially since it's her comfort zone.

they will down play the amnesia bit, but it will play a large role in its effect on the show & characters. so in other words, the amnesia will come & go, but leave a nasty scar.

i'm still going to wait until it's closer to the premiere date before taking anything too seriously though. too hard to speculate when the possibilities are endless.
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri May 22, 2009 4:19 am

As Season Five of BONES begins, Booth and Brennan contend with the emotional fallout resulting from the sea-change in their relationship brought about by events at the end of Season Four. This includes Brennan’s request to have Booth father her child and the strange, profound, almost psychic link they shared during Booth’s coma, which left both of them wondering what thoughts and emotions the other is experiencing. While Booth endeavors to come to grips with these unleashed emotions, Brennan insists that, with the aid of her “squints” in the lab, the two of them focus their attention and energy on their main job – catching murderers that no one else can catch.

After reading this, I have to think that Booth doesn't have amnesia and that he was merely confused as too which Brennan she was the wife from his psychic link with her or his partner in crime to whom he calls Booth.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Fri May 22, 2009 1:14 pm

THX1138 wrote:Dude! I would so pay to see that! Now what we need to do is get Joss Whedon, Jane Espeson, and David Greenwalt in on the project to write, direct and produce the show! I wonder what we'd call it...maybe "Temperance, the Vampire Slayer" or we could build the show around Booth, the vampire with a soul, and call it "Seeley".

Eeeeh. Ok, so I worship at the altar of Jane Espenson, she's it! and David Geenwalt is basically the reason I actually stuck with Angel enough to know what happened throughout the series. But uh, no, no Joss. The guy's brilliant yes, but his writing...*sigh* Tell you what, trade you Joss for Verheiden and you've got yourself a deal.

Hmm, sooo Angela would replace Willow, Cam is definitely Cordy, does that make Hodgins Xander?

Uh, harsh much? Razz Like, I was never a Buffy fan (rather the opposite really) but I did know enough to watch Angel, and therefore knew Cordy pre-visions. Cam is so much nicer than that -although equally well-dressed. Hodgins on the other hand, is totally Xander -but cooler (and hotter). Wink

Aaaaand this post has been brought to you by Geeks-R-Us. Thank you for reading.

No, seriously, I have nothing to say on the season premiere. I fear RL Anthropology has triggered a short-circuit on the the part of the brain I regularly use for BONES speccing. All I can think of right now is Neanderthals and Australopithecines. Ugh. Shocked

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum