Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox Focuses on Stability in UpFronts

3 posters

:: News

Go down

Fox Focuses on Stability in UpFronts Empty Fox Focuses on Stability in UpFronts

Post by ForensicMama Sat May 16, 2009 5:41 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Fox, which is finishing its fifth season as the top-rated network among adults 18-49, is taking over NBC’s traditional Monday kickoff slot this year at the advertising market in New York. That means Fox won’t have the luxury of knowing all of its rivals’ plans before it makes its moves.

Doesn’t matter, said Fox scheduling chief Preston Beckman. The network prefers to play its own game, and in any case, it laid out the tentpoles of its fall strategy months ago.

“We made some scheduling moves in January which more than likely will stay set in place in the fall,” Mr. Beckman said. “It should allow us to have a stronger fourth quarter and maybe not have to blow up our schedule in January.”

Mr. Beckman is referring to the shift of “House” to Mondays at 8 p.m. and of “Bones” to Thursdays at 8. Both moves have paid off, and with fall series “Fringe” and “Lie to Me” both on deck to return, Fox has islands of stability within its schedule.

(Follow the link to read more.)
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Fox Focuses on Stability in UpFronts Empty Re: Fox Focuses on Stability in UpFronts

Post by Lo Sat May 16, 2009 6:29 pm

i knew bones was staying. just a matter of if its going to move or not. but guess not for now. good news though.

thanks for posting!
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Fox Focuses on Stability in UpFronts Empty Re: Fox Focuses on Stability in UpFronts

Post by DBCrazy Sat May 16, 2009 10:11 pm

I still didn't read anything definite that Bones was staying. Reading between the lines about how they are so happy, finally, with Thursdays, and that they don't want to go for a bunch of new shows, it only stands to reason that Bones is safe. I can't imagine them not renewing it!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down