Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sully (Eddie McClintock) gets Sci Fi Series

+9
Cassiopeia
riviera41797
moonlightbones
DBCrazy
southerngirl
heirofloki
jagglebells
ForensicMama
suzyquzy
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sully (Eddie McClintock) gets Sci Fi Series Empty Sully (Eddie McClintock) gets Sci Fi Series

Post by suzyquzy Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:46 am

Warehouse 13 Gets Green Light

SCI FI Channel has given a green light to production on Warehouse 13, ordering 11 hours of the new drama, including the previously produced two-hour pilot. Warehouse 13 stars Eddie McClintock, Joanne Kelly and Saul Rubinek.

After saving the life of the president, two Secret Service agents find themselves abruptly transferred to Warehouse 13--a massive, top-secret storage facility in South Dakota--which houses every strange artifact, mysterious relic, fantastical object and supernatural souvenir ever collected by the U.S. government.

The caretaker, Artie (Rubinek), charges Pete (McClintock) and Myka (Kelly) with chasing down reports of supernatural and paranormal activity in search of new objects to cache at the warehouse, as well as helping him to control the warehouse itself.

Production is slated to begin in February in Toronto for a July 2009 premiere.

Warehouse 13 is produced by Universal Cable Productions and executive-produced by David Simkins (Blade: The Series). It is based on a story by Brent Mote and Jane Espenson; the teleplay was written by Brent Mote and Jane Espenson and David Simkins. It is directed by Jace Alexander.

Last edited by suzyquzy on Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
suzyquzy
suzyquzy
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Sully (Eddie McClintock) gets Sci Fi Series Empty Re: Sully (Eddie McClintock) gets Sci Fi Series

Post by ForensicMama Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:40 pm

Sci Fi Channel sucks. Eddie's a great actor, though. I'm happy for him! (just wish it was a better network for his sake!)
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Sully (Eddie McClintock) gets Sci Fi Series Empty Re: Sully (Eddie McClintock) gets Sci Fi Series

Post by jagglebells Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:34 pm

Glad he's there, and NOT on Bones.

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:37 am

I agree that Sci-fi is a horrible network with only one good show (at the moment). Jane Espenson and Brent Mote, however, are not. Eddie is in good, no make that phenomenal hands. I hope the series does well.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by southerngirl Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:40 am

I think Sci Fi Channel comes up with some ok series, but where they truley suck is the movies they make- yuck! i am happy for Eddie though, atleast he wont be adding any complications for our Booth and Bones!

southerngirl
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:48 pm

I think he's a strong enough actor that he could make something out of the series that other guys couldn't.

Yeah, the sci fi movies SUCK! My father in law watches them all of the time. The stories are so cliche. Always with the meteors hurling toward earth and infectious diseases spreading and floods and earthquakes. Give me a break. Hopefully this show is going to be decent. I really like Eddie McClintock.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:56 pm

Here's another little tidbit... some similar phrases/wording/sentences. But you know what? It actually doesn't sound half bad.

SCI FI Channel Opens Warehouse 13
Source: SCI FI Channel
October 25, 2007

SCI FI has given a greenlight to the two-hour pilot "Warehouse 13." Part "X-Files," part "Raiders of the Lost Ark," and part "Moonlighting," this new one-hour dramedy from Universal Media Studios is slated to begin production in December with an eye toward a summer 2008 premiere.

After saving the life of the President, two FBI agents find themselves abruptly "promoted" and relocated to windswept South Dakota. Their new top-secret location is Warehouse 13 a massive, secret storage facility that houses every strange artifact, mysterious relic, fantastical object and supernatural souvenir ever collected by the U.S. government over the centuries. In addition to searching the country for several missing objects discovered stolen from the Warehouse, their job is to monitor for new reports of supernatural and paranormal activity that could indicate the presence of another object they must investigate and safely bring back to the vaults of Warehouse 13.

"Warehouse 13" is based on a script by Rockne O'Bannon and Jane Espenson and D. Brent Mote, and will be produced by Universal Media Studios.

"Like our successful series 'Eureka,' 'Warehouse 13' is a fun, intriguing concept that should continue to broaden our audience through present-day, relatable stories with an imaginative twist," stated Mark Stern, Executive Vice President, Original Programming, SCI FI. "Rockne has delivered a wonderful script and we can't wait to get this into production."
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:59 pm

His costar, Joanne Kelly, [Only admins are allowed to see this link] is actually very pretty... I can see the Moonlighting/Bones type of sparks flying... it would definitely widen this network's horizons. I think their main viewers are probably over twenty-five and male. If Eddie is as cute with his costar as he was with Brennan/Emily, then I would be tempted to watch a few episodes.

Sully + Brennan = Adorable.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:36 am

I just spotted this review of his new show and wanted to highlight this section ...

McClintock works in "Warehouse 13" precisely because of how closely his role resembles one of his better TV gigs, his multi-episode arc on "Bones." In fact, watch McClintock's "Warehouse 13" mannerisms, his mixture of smirk-and-swagger, and tell me that he isn't playing David Boreanaz playing Special Agent Seeley Booth. Whether this is the way he's been directed, whether he consciously decided to pay homage to Boreanaz or whether McClintock's ideal niche is as basic cable's David Boreanaz remains to be seen. It's still a good role for him.

It also remains to be seen how long it takes for Kelly to tap her inner Emily Deschanel to become the brittle Bones to McClintock's Booth. To be fair, Deschanel didn't find her stride until half-way through the first season of "Bones," so I won't be too concerned about how chilly Kelly comes across. This is a difficult character type for male writers, because the tendency is to feel all clever that you're writing a female character with bottled up emotions (rather than the hyper-emotional archetypes), so you over-compensate, taking feelings out of the equation all together.

The whole review can be read here ... [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:23 pm

This show is showing its pilot on the USA Network right now! I don't know what that's all about since its going to be on the SciFi (SyFy) Channel??
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlightbones Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:00 am

I'm enjoying Warehouse 13 very much and I didn't expect too. I loathed Sully and wasn't sure I'd be able to watch Eddie and not think of Sully...but I can and it's great!

I love SyFy cause they show reruns of my beloved Moonlight (even though I have the DVDs and can watch them anytime.)
moonlightbones
moonlightbones
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 308
Say What You Want : - 'What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.' -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:44 pm

I wish I had this channel, because the show sounds interesting, and I've always like Eddie....I even liked Sully!
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1560
Say What You Want : I may not post a lot, but I am out there, lurking!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.twitter.com/aprilosbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:24 pm

I have watched all of the epis -the 7 that is aired. I find that an interesting show and I don't think that Eddie's character is like Booth. I mean, at the beginning he was a bit. But as the show developed, he has find his own groove.
I like that Smile
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:09 am

I totally forgot about this show!!! Has it gotten better???
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:37 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:I totally forgot about this show!!! Has it gotten better???

I think. I love sci-fi shows so I love it too. Eddie is so funny playing Latimer. Smile
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:13 am

Cassiopeia wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:I totally forgot about this show!!! Has it gotten better???

I think. I love sci-fi shows so I love it too. Eddie is so funny playing Latimer. Smile
I think I stopped watching it because it was too confusing.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:14 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:
Cassiopeia wrote:

I think I stopped watching it because it was too confusing.

After watching SG-1 from start to end and Atlantis and other sci-fi series, nothing is confusing for me in this field.
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:15 am

haha, yeah, I tried to get into them but I just couldn't. I think I'm too stupid for it.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:07 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:haha, yeah, I tried to get into them but I just couldn't. I think I'm too stupid for it.
I don't think so. Some people doesn't have intrest of scifi. I myself have always found scifi series VERY interesting. So no wonder here.
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:13 am

Cassiopeia wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:haha, yeah, I tried to get into them but I just couldn't. I think I'm too stupid for it.
I don't think so. Some people doesn't have intrest of scifi. I myself have always found scifi series VERY interesting. So no wonder here.
Haha, I think if you ask certain people on here, they'd probably agree that I'm stupid. But thanks anyways. I think you have to have a certain mind set for that kind of stuff. Did you see "Tin Man" I liked that.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by spygrl Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:25 am

I really like WH13.

It has really improved with each episode imho.

I love the characters of Pete and Claudia the best though (and not just because Pete is played by Eddie Wink)
spygrl
spygrl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:33 am

And the fact that he's hot in an older man sort of way
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:40 am

and seeing whats new with the other cast
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:06 am

A2BOREANAZ wrote:and seeing whats new with the other cast

you're hilarious!
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlightbones Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:25 pm

The first season finale was on tonight...and man was it amazing!! Completely EPIC!! OMG! I can't wait for next season!

WH13 has ended up getting the best rating for any show on SyFy, so hopefully there WILL be a second season!
moonlightbones
moonlightbones
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 308
Say What You Want : - 'What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.' -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next