Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memories: M(to be safe); friendship; comfort

4 posters

Go down

Memories: M(to be safe); friendship; comfort Empty Memories: M(to be safe); friendship; comfort

Post by a380fan Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Anyways, here it is.

Tags:
Booth Brennan Comfort Angst Friendship Rated: M (just to be safe…)

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I sat down on my faded leather couch, propping my feet up on the coffee table. I took a sip from the glass of whiskey that occupied my left hand. My head rolled back, hitting the top of the couch. I closed my eyes and tried to make the images go away. What Cam had said earlier that day, about my killing more people than Max brought on the all familiar flood. Images, memories; seeing the world through crosshairs, pulling back the bolt of the rifle, squeezing the trigger… I opened my eyes, hoping that the fluorescent glare of the overhead lights in my apartment would chase those images from my eyes. Usually I’m able to block off these memories, say I’m proud of serving my country in war, no matter what I did while fulfilling my duty. But at times, my façade crumbles and the memories return…

I’m camped out on a ridge overlooking a small village. A known KLA colonel had established a base in this village, from which he was continuing the genocide. Officially, no US ground forces were deployed to any great extent, however that wasn’t true for here he was in the middle of the woods, his rifle in his hands. They had a lead that there was a KLA base in this town, but because of the high risk to civilians and the fact that the soldiers were disguised as civilians made an airstrike undoable. They also didn’t want to risk raiding the town as the number of combatants was unknown. I’ve been up here for three days now. I’ve seen the colonel three times, none of which presented themselves as opportune moments. Prior to my setting up my post up here, I’d set a small amount of C4 on the other side of town, to cover the noise of my rifle. I’d also left some other surprises on the hill leading up to me, should they find me.

A few hours later, as I lay there I saw the door to the Colonel’s ‘house’ open. He stepped out. The timing was perfect, there were few [people in the streets and no one looking towards my post. I quickly pulled the C4 detonator’s antenna out and lined up my cross hair. I squinted through the scope, lining the sights onto the colonel’s head I adjusted for wind on my scope and slowly started squeezing the trigger. Right before I fired I pushed the button on the detonator. The explosion momentarily stunned everyone in town as I fired…

I jumped up from the hand taping my arm. I leaped up reaching for a weapon that wasn’t there.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
a380fan
a380fan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 193
Say What You Want : When I was young I wanted to grow up to be a fireman, then I realised you can't be both.
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Memories: M(to be safe); friendship; comfort Empty Re: Memories: M(to be safe); friendship; comfort

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:13 am

Ok I will start by saying: persistence pays off. AND that I haven’t written a review in such a long time that this may end up being total crapp
Laughing
Ah I see that last week’s second epi has inspired our writers. It’s a nice ‘view’ into Booth’s head reading about how some of the ‘fleeting’ comments made during an epi do affect him, especially when the issue of his past as a sniper is mentioned.
Look forward to reading more.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Memories: M(to be safe); friendship; comfort Empty Re: Memories: M(to be safe); friendship; comfort

Post by a380fan Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:14 am

Oh, and be honest if I was OOC and whatnot... I haven't wrote for a long while. I would appreciate constructive criticism... though flattering praise is good too... XD
a380fan
a380fan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Say What You Want : When I was young I wanted to grow up to be a fireman, then I realised you can't be both.

Back to top Go down

Post by a380fan Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:15 am

Turi ray of sunshine wrote:Ok I will start by saying: persistence pays off. AND that I haven’t written a review in such a long time that this may end up being total crapp
Laughing
Ah I see that last week’s second epi has inspired our writers. It’s a nice ‘view’ into Booth’s head reading about how some of the ‘fleeting’ comments made during an epi do affect him, especially when the issue of his past as a sniper is mentioned.

TURI!!! YOU'RE AWESOME!!! Thanks for commenting. (You probably could of said "It's attrocious, go die in a ditch." and I would've responded the same way... XD)
a380fan
a380fan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:23 am

a380fan wrote:
Turi ray of sunshine wrote:Ok I will start by saying: persistence pays off. AND that I haven’t written a review in such a long time that this may end up being total crapp
Laughing

TURI!!! YOU'RE AWESOME!!! Thanks for commenting. (You probably could of said "It's attrocious, go die in a ditch." and I would've responded the same way... XD)

lol! I am really not prone to such hard criticism but it's nice to know that one can offer some 'advise'
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by a380fan Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:07 am

Bring Up My Post
a380fan
a380fan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:54 am

okay here I am.....as pormised.....
now on to the story
so far, I really like it....nothing much happend, but it was a good introduction and I think a good start, if the story is dealing with Booth's past.
Can't wait for more, flyboy!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by redrider Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:53 am

As usual, your military detail is excellent, flyboy. Your description of Booth's angst was well done and made me heart ache for him. Of course, it was much too short! I hope you post more soon. Let me know if you need any help.
redrider
redrider
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://fanstory.com/mypage.jsp

Back to top Go down

Post by a380fan Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:25 am

redrider wrote:As usual, your military detail is excellent, flyboy. Your description of Booth's angst was well done and made me heart ache for him. Of course, it was much too short! I hope you post more soon. Let me know if you need any help.

ZOMGz! Long time no see Red. What's cracka-lackin-lackin? XD

And yeah, I probably will be consulting your writing expertise in the near future. :-)
a380fan
a380fan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by a380fan Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:58 am

Inb4 it's a year and a half later, I know...

Could anyone tell me what episode it was that I referenced to in the fic? Where Cam points out that Booth has killed more than Max?

Thanks!
a380fan
a380fan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down