Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Booth--Philadelphia or Pittsburgh?

4 posters

Go down

Booth--Philadelphia or Pittsburgh? Empty Booth--Philadelphia or Pittsburgh?

Post by Meegs82 Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:19 pm

Okay, this is bugging me to no end. Where on earth is Booth from? Is it Philadelphia or Pittsburgh? He has a Pittsburgh Steelers mug and posters and other fan stuff. But in "Fire In The Ice," he is wearing a Philadelphia Flyers jersey. If he were from Pittsburgh, shouldn't he be wearing a Pittsburgh Penguins jersey? In sports world, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are RIVALS. Just ask Flyersfan, I am sure she can explain in depth just how big the rivalry is between the Penguins and the Flyers. To me, this is a careless mistake.

Is it just me? I am extremely confused, so anyone that can shed any light on this...PLEASE do so!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Booth--Philadelphia or Pittsburgh? Empty Re: Booth--Philadelphia or Pittsburgh?

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Meegs82 wrote:Okay, this is bugging me to no end. Where on earth is Booth from? Is it Philadelphia or Pittsburgh? He has a Pittsburgh Steelers mug and posters and other fan stuff. But in "Fire In The Ice," he is wearing a Philadelphia Flyers jersey. If he were from Pittsburgh, shouldn't he be wearing a Pittsburgh Penguins jersey? In sports world, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are RIVALS. Just ask Flyersfan, I am sure she can explain in depth just how big the rivalry is between the Penguins and the Flyers. To me, this is a careless mistake.

Is it just me? I am extremely confused, so anyone that can shed any light on this...PLEASE do so!
Meegs, it is a bit confusing...in season one, Booth said he was from Philadelphia, but when he was talking to Gordon Gordon, he said he was from Pittsburgh. However, David himself grew up in Philly, and is a huge Flyers fan, though he does root for the Steelers football team. He does have a few football things in his office, but it is mostly hockey, and that is all Flyers. I hope that answers your question...basically, the writers screwed up or something, but he's a Flyers fan all the way...in real life as well. Trust me, he hates the Pens as much as I do...lol
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:47 pm

Doesn't Booth also have a Bobby Orr picture in his office too? So that would be Boston...
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:02 pm

CanadianBones wrote:Doesn't Booth also have a Bobby Orr picture in his office too? So that would be Boston...
Yeah, but that just makes him a hockey fan...everyone loves Bobby Orr. lol.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:39 am

That's what I thought, fly! I knew I wasn't going crazy. Kinda makes me a little miffed just 'cuz I'm such a stickler for details. And I don't want to think that my favorite show could make such a silly mistake. Perhaps he lived in both cities? Or at least the writers could stick that in to make up for their "OOPS."
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:44 am

Meegs82 wrote:That's what I thought, fly! I knew I wasn't going crazy. Kinda makes me a little miffed just 'cuz I'm such a stickler for details. And I don't want to think that my favorite show could make such a silly mistake. Perhaps he lived in both cities? Or at least the writers could stick that in to make up for their "OOPS."
Yeah, we just kinda thought like he was born in Pittsburgh but grew up in Philly. Kinda like DB himself...he was born in Buffalo, but grew up in Philly...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:00 pm

Well, I am from the Pittsburgh area, and I'm a Penguins and Steelers fan. And I will be watching the Superbowl next weekend cheering them on!

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down