Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dating service....

+6
Zeddie
ForensicMama
DBCrazy
Kajunblueyes
VentiGirl
Teardropsonmyguitar
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dating service.... Empty Dating service....

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:30 am

Rated T for now. I may change it to M in later chapters.
Summary: What happens when Angela signs Brennan up for an online dating service in a desperate attempt to find her a man, and Jared signs Seeley up as a joke to the same dating service? And what happens when the two are paired up?

"Angela, really this isn't necessary. I can find my own men." Temperance Brennan was pacing her office, arms across her chest as her best friend typed frantically at the keyboard.

"But everytime you find someone something goes wrong. For once find someone normal."

"The guys I dated were normal?"

"Which guy is that? The one who killed his brother because he thought he was possessed by a witch or the one who was secretly running a cult? THis is good, look, it askes you questions about yourself and then it matches you up with a guy by your compatibility, you can't go wrong."

"Angela it's a gimmick. How could it possibly know who I am compatible with?"

"You like science, pure fact, so when they go to find you a match, they don't pair you with the guy who still believes in Santa Clause and the tooth fairy. Give it a try. It's a 3 month trial and you don't have to commit to anything."

Brennan sighed, she had some faith in her best friend, after all Angela had found her perfect match, in Hodgins, and they were going to get married but her past came back to haunt her and they realized they weren't ready. But that didn't mean she didn't know what she was doing, "Fine. But if i get some crazy guy knocking at my door, you're going on the date."

Angela cmiled, trying to contain the excitement, "Deal!" she typed more on the keyboard, "Ok question 1. on a scale of 1-5 how important are looks?"

"Jared, this isn't funny. Stop." Seeley Booth said, they had been watching football when the commercial came on, 'Find your perfect match online now.' it promised, 'now thats what you need, Seel." And at first it was funny. But now Jared was taking it too seriously. besides there was one woman who Seeley had his eye on and she certainly wasn't going to be on their server. Jared didn't hear his big brother and kept typing, "ok 1 to 5 how important is faith?"

"I don't know a 7? I don't know Jare, Nothing is certain with me. Besides, even if something is important to me, I don't want it to be equally as important to her."

"What you want is your partner."

"No!" He was quick to respond.

Jared raised a suspicious eyebrow, "Alright, don't bite my head off."

"It's not proper etiquette to date your partner, it's looked down upon by the bureau."

"The bureau's never stopped you from doing your own will, Seeley. Who says now they will?"

"I'm not into her like that, Jared. Just please, keep going or stop, but this conversation is over."

Jared raised two palms outward, "fine. I'll keep going."

Temperance was running late, she was never late, usually Booth would have called her at least twice before she had made it to the office, but today she hadn't heard a word from him. Angela was already there when Temperance arrived, "Hey sweetie! How are you?"

Temperance pushed her books and papers from her grad students that she had to look over and grade into her arm and struggled to unlock her office door. Seeing her struggle, Angela took the key and opened the door, Brushing the fallen strands of hair from her ponytail off her face, "thanks, and I'm fine. Have you seen Booth?"

"Not today? Are you ok? You look a little scatter brained."

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine. Just wondering why I haven't heard from Booth yet."

Angela nodded, "So have you heard back from the dating service?"

"What? No not yet. I wasn't planning on checking." Temperance put her things down on her desk and turned on her computer.

"Oh come on, It'll be fun. Seeing who you're most compatible with." Angela stepped in between her friend and the computer and typed the website in the server. When it popped, up Angela logged in. New Matches. "Look you already have new matches."

"Really?" Suddenly Temperance was interested, "how could they possibly find someone to match me up with."

"Shockingly there are guys like you. I mean remember Ian?"

Temperance nodded, she should of banged him when she had the chance, but she had to listen to Booth and now he was dead, "well? Who are they?"

"Hold on it's loading." when the site had fully loaded, Angela's mouth almost hit the desk, "Oh. my. god."

Temperance looked at Angela, "What? Who is it?" peering over her best friends shoulder she looked at the screen, "No. Oh my god." She looked at Angela, "This is wrong, it has to be."

Seeley sat at his desk. pulling out his cell he had one unchecked text message, "check your matches. -Jared" he sighed, he had better things to do than see what some silly website deemed his "best match". But to please his brother he pulled up the site. New Match. The message read. Seeley sighed and clicked the link. Upon opening his cell rang.

"Booth." He said looking down at the wooden desk not seeing the face of the woman who was loading on his screen, "You know Jare, i have better things to do than check my matches" looking at the screen he almost dropped his cell, "Oh my god." He said. On the other end Jared was giggling. Gathering his composure Seeley turned his attention back to his cell and his brothers snickering, "You knew about this?"

Jared burst out laughing, "I checked the results this morning, man. I couldn't believe it. I think there's a rule about dating your brothers ex's."

Seeley shook his head though Jared could not see it, "No, she is not my perfect match. She's... She's my."

"Dude, she's your partner." Jared said laughing once more, "Dude, don't piss her off, I hear she's aggressive."

Seeley let out a mocking snicker, "Haha, funny. I'm not dating her, No. I told you this thing was a joke."

"It's not like they knew you two worked together."

"We work for the government, I'm sure it's documented somewhere. It's all just some sick joke."

"They deal with dozens of hopeful romantics looking for their "one" why would they take special time one you two just to put you together. Face it big bro, you two are perfect for each other."

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 354
Say What You Want : Dancers do it best.
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Dating service.... Empty Re: Dating service....

Post by VentiGirl Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:59 am

lol i love the idea of this
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:12 pm

thats the cutest baby in your avatar! Very Happy

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Kajunblueyes Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:26 pm

awesome!!! continue please!
~~~~~Cassie~~~~~
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 133
Say What You Want : \"When you hear the words 'We think it's Cancer' it puts everything into perspective
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:12 pm

This is going to be cute!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:32 am

Booth sat directly across from his partner, she sipped her milkshake and picked at the salad in front of her. He watched her as she silently scooted the pieces of lettuce from one side to the other, wondering if they really were perfect for each other? It seemed as if the whole world thought so including his brother, and he never seemed to think any one was good enough for him. He practically disowned him when he wanted to marry Rebecca. Finally she lifted her eyes from the plate and looked at him, suddenly feeling a tingle in the pit of her stomach as she thought back to the website, did he know? She wondered. She was certainly not going to be the first to say something and when her eyes met his, he glanced away. Usually when their eyes met he would make some kind silly smirk and make some kind of witty remark. now they sat in silence, finally Booth spoke first, "so..." He started, for once he was at loss for words, never in the 4 years that they'd been partners had he ever been at loss for conversation.

She looked at him, the light of the diner caught her baby blue eyes perfectly and they seemed to sparkle a thousand colors, like diamonds when the light hit it just right, "So?" she said, quickly looking back at her plate.

"So about that killer, pretty gruesome, huh?"

Temperance laughed, she looked back up at him, "Yeah. I mean who kills their own mother, I mean I just can't... well... nevermind."

"It's just not right you know? But I'm glad we caught him, another one in the bag of the unstoppable team Booth and Brennan."

"Team Booth and BRennan?" She laughed once more, he did make her laugh and Angela said that if he can make you laugh than he's perfect. But still, this was Seeley Booth we are talking about.

"Well we are a team aren't we?"

"We are partners."

"And partners can't be a team? It could be fun you know? We could be like superheroes."

"Superheroes?"He did have a slight amount of charm and anthropologically speaking he did have substantial features.

"Not superheroes?" he shook his head, suddenly developing a small boyish frown.

"I'd like to see you in the tights and cape."

"It'll be perfect, I can be superman and you can be wonder woman, you already have the perfect costume and it looks so good on you."

Temperance smiled at his comment, "You think so?"

"Well yeah, i guess. I mean yeah, you look really... good." he said, trying to word it in a way that would make him sound like a pig or make her slap him.

"aw, well thank you. Anyways, enough about superheroes, are you ready to get out of here?"

"Oh... yeah, I call tip."

Temperance let her mouth drop open, "No fair,you called tip last time."

"Gotta be faster than me" He smirked as he picked up the remains of her milkshake and took a sip.

"Fine, i call tip next time." She said as she gathered her stuff.

"You can't do that it's against the rules."

Temperance playfully slapped his arm, " There are no rules, you made this up."

"Exactly, so i get to make the rules."

"they weren't established at the start of the game."

Booth sighed, "fine, but the time after next, I call tip."

"Now whats the fun in that if you call it days in advanced?"

"You tell me you started it."

Temperance pressed her lips together, he was cute, but sometimes he really got on her nerves, "fine" she sighed, "Next time."
Angela was sitting on the couch when Temperance walked the next day, "morning sweetie." Angela smiled.

Temperance nearly jumped out of her skin, when Angela spoke up, "God Ang, give me a heart attack will you?"

"Ok. Did you sleep with Booth last night?"

"What? no. we had dinner, like we always do."

"A romantic dinner?"

"No, the diner, like always, we ate and then he called tip so i was stuck with the check and..."

"Wait, he didn't pick up the tab?"

"No. See we have this game where whoever calls tip first has to pay the tip and the other has to pay the bill."

Angela shook her head, "smug bastard. A man should always pay the bill."

"It wasn't a date, Ang. It's fine."

"are you going to ask him out?"

"Why should I ask him out, isn't it tradition that the guy asks the girl out?"

"What is this 1955? If he asks you if you want to wear his letterman's jacket and go to the sock hop, let me know."

Temperance tipped her head to the side, " Ang, seriously. It's not going to happen."

"why not?"

"Because we are two totally different people."

"Your perfect as partners, you seem to work well in that area."

"Thats different, it's not a romantic relationship."

"I think you should give him a chance."

"Give who a chance?" Booth asked interrupthing the conversation as he entered Temperance's office.

"The mailman, whats up?" Temperance asked picking up books off her desk.

Booth nodded and looked to Angela who was giving him a googly-eyed gaze, then he looked back at his partner, "I got a call. A body was found on the playground at the elementary school."

"Kid?" Temperance asked, suddenly switching persona's as if there was a switch on her back.

"Sounds like it, lets go." Booth said pulling her arm.

Brennan mouthed sorry as she followed behind Booth who was still pulling her by the arm.

When Temperance was gone, angela made a dash to her desk, opening her desktop and all the drawers, she searched for what she was looking for, when she found it, she smiled.

"Jared Booth" He said, answering the phone.

"jared, it's Angela Montenegro, I work at the jeffersonian, i think we've met."

"Oh yeah, whats up?"

"Listen, I think it's high time we talked."

"Well I'm in a new relationship, but ok, whats up?"

"It's not about me, it's about my best friend, and your brother."

"About the dating service?"

"precisely. She's in total denial, maybe you should talk to her. Have you talked to your brother?"

"He won't accept it either. You want me to talk to Temperance?"

"Yes."

"About what?"

"About your brother, and I'll talk to Booth."

"You want me to talk to my ex about dating my brother and you want to talk to my brother about dating your best friend? And you think it will work?"

"No clue, but it's worth a shot."

"Alright. But after that, I'm letting it go."

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:11 am

Denial can be so much fun! Question is, for how long? I'm really curious where you're going to go with this!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:15 am

jared and angela are staging an intervention. lol.

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:35 am

Oh how fun! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:41 am

Thanks Teardrops, that is my son. I love this story. It is so cute.
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:03 am

he's soooo adorable! How old is he? Thanks! I'm glad you like the story. I want to make it fluff-tastic.

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:34 am

"Temperance Brennan" She said answering her cell after the first ring, usually it was Booth.

"Hey Tempe, long time no talk." Wrong. It was the other Booth.

"Jared, what's up? I'm kind of waiting for someone to call me. Your brother actually."

"Actually thats why I called you. See I've been talking to your really hot friend Angela, about this dating service. Turns out you too are perfect for each other." He let out a giggle.

On the other side was silence then a sigh, "see? even you think it's hilarious. Booth never said anything to me about it."

"He thinks your hot."

"what?"

"Hot, you know, like smoking, good looking, gorgeous..." Jared was the complete opposite of his brother, Seeley had class, manners. Jared, well he lacked class and manners, why she dated him in t he first place she wasn't sure.

"He said that?"

"Well not in so many words, but he implied it, yes. Listen, be at Nolita's tomorrow night at 7, I want to talk to you, more in person about this."

Temperance squinted her eyes, "Why nolita's?"

"My friend's their head chef and i usually get in without a reservation. Plus it'd be nice to see you again. As long as you promise not to push me off my chair again."

Tempe giggled, "Don't make me mad and i won't."

"See you at 7, then?"

"7 it is." She said as she hung up her cell.

"Hey, Angela. Have you seen Bones? I was supposed to pick her up on my way to an interrogation, she wasn't on the platform."

Angela smiled, "She's probably in her office."

"Thanks Angela." He started to walk, but she reached out a hand to stop him.

"Hey Booth. Can i talk to you?"

"I'm kind of in a hurry, is it important?"

"No. Not really, actually maybe we could talk over dinner, tomorrow night?"

"Are you asking me on a date, cause I thought you and hodgins were working things out?"

"No, It's just my friend is the hostess there and I usually don't have to wait for a table and the food is great, have you been there before?"

"A Few times. Fine, what time tomorrow?"

"Like around seven-ish?"

"Sounds fine, you sure this isn't a date."

Angela smiled, " I wish."

Booth shook his head as he walked off when he was just out of ear-shot she dialed a number, "phase one, complete, and on your end?"

"Complete."

"Perfect, they have no idea they are meeting each other tomorrow night." Angela's sinister laugh made Jared think this wasn't t he first time she had done this and it made him smile.

"well since they think they are meeting us, don't you think we should be there? You know for the operations sake?"

"Like a date?"

"Um, I guess you could say that."

"Alright, see you at seven."

Tempe didn't really do much to dress up, since Jared made it clear it wasn't a date. But she decided to put on a little extra make- up just incase. When she arrived, a young blond greeted her, "Name please?"

"I think there should be reservations under Booth?"

She looked at her sheet, oh yes. Table 16." She took a menu and led her back to a secluded area, there he sat, when she saw him she almost turned and ran the other way. please don't be table 16 she thought. But just her luck as the hostess who called herself Tanya, stopped at the table and placed the menu on the small table set for two, "there you go, table 16, enjoy." she smiled and turned to walk away.

"You're not Jared." Obvious observation.

"You're not Angela."

"You were meeting Angela? Are you two dating now or something?"

Booth smiled, shaking his head, "No, Bones. Angela's not coming."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean she set me up."

"So that means Jared's not coming either?"

"'fraid not."

Temperance made a frown, "bummer, i was looking forward to seeing him again."

"hey, you not excited to see me?"

"I see you everyday."

"But not in a place like Nolita's. Are you going to sit down?"

Temperance sighed and sat, "So they set us up, huh?"

"I guess so."

"Figures. Jared told me he wanted to meet me here and talk about you."

"Good, i hope?"

"I think he wants us to date."

Booth laughed, "right. Us dating." suddenly his face went serious, "he wants us to date?"

"I think this is supposed to be our first date, Booth."

"Well thats not fair, if i knew that i would have dressed up, bought you flowers, picked you up in a limo. Done it right."

Temperance smiled, he was such a gentleman, "a limo?"

"well yeah, incase we get too drunk no one has to drive home."

"you plan on getting drunk?"

drunk on your eyes, yes. he thought, "No, but you never know. You look beautiful tonight."

Temperance smiled and looked down, "I didn't try very hard."

"you don't have too." he whispered, even though this was a 'date' Booth still felt like he couldn't be open about how he really felt for her.

"what?" She asked.

"No nothing. You look great."

"Good evening my name is Cameron and I'll be your waiter this evening, can i start you off with the specials or the wine list?"

"The wine list please."

Cameron pulled a wine list from the pocket of his apron, and placed it infront of seeley, "chardonay?" Booth asked looking at his date.

"Thats fine."

"The chardonay? I'll get that right out for you." Cameron took the wine list and walked away.

"That was some of the worst food, I'd ever had." Temperance said smiling, she had her arm linked around Booth's like she had done in london and they were walking the streets of D.C.

"The smallest portions too, it's like these fancy restaurants overcharge you and under serve you. Wanna grab a burger at the diner?"

"Yeah. I call tab." Brennan smiled and looked up at Seeley, she felt safe in his arm, even though she knew that she was always safe around him, tonight it seemed to be a much louder feeling than usual.

Booth stuck out his tongue, I had to pay for your leg of lamb."

"Oh alright, I'll pick up the tab, but just this once." Suddenly Booth stopped and took her mouth in his, why he did this act, he didn't know, but when he seemed to be thinking clearly he pulled away.

"You don't have to pick up the tab."

Brennan touched her free hand to her lips, "You kissed me." another obvious observation.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to."

"No, it was nice I liked it."

"You did?"

"Yeah, maybe we could do it again sometime?"

Booth stopped again and pulled her in front of him, "How about now?"

"Now would be good."

"Are you sure?"

"Seeley, shut up and kiss me." She said as he obeyed and took her lips in his and pulled her into a close hug, threading his fingers through her lose curls.

Two blocks away, Angela sat in the passengers seat of Jareds car, peering through binoculars, "Touchdown" She said as she stuck out a hand for a high five.

"They kissed?"

"More than kiss, i think they might eat each others face off."

Jared took the binoculars and made her look at him, "Angela, tonight was perfect, and i don't mean because we got them together, but the time i spent with you was wonderful."

"What are you saying?"

Jared leaned in and pulled her lips to his, taking her in a small kiss, "I'm saying I think we should follow my big brothers lead. After all I always wanted to be just like him."

Angela smiled against his lips, "well then, maybe we should take his lead." She said and closed her eyes and opening her lips to allow his tongue access.

A/N: I threw in a little kitchen Confidential crossover in this one, which is funny because JFD who plays sweets played Jim in KC but i couldn't think of a clever way to play up his character in this. I don't feel wonderful about the ending, but hopefully it won't be too bad. Comments are lovely.

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeddie Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:06 am

OMG! this is great! update soon!! Very Happy
Zeddie
Zeddie
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12060
Say What You Want : Fanfiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done
in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk.
-- Henry Jenkins
Dating service.... 8d0b0409962e33290be09e7890718bde2b3c7fe1
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://www.fanfiction.net/~csiloverzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:04 am

aww, thank you!!

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:36 am

Well, they didn't last long in denial! And who would have thought that Angela would've taken a crack at Booth-lite! Razz Now what????
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by newhaven5 Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:38 am

This is amazing!! I love the whole idea!! PPS!
newhaven5
newhaven5
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 99
Say What You Want : I would like for Bones and Booth to get over themselves and get together. Obviously!
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:37 pm

loved the chapter

fyi - Angela never tells Booth where to meet for dinner
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:42 am

OMG! I totally forgot about Booth lite! I saw that epsidoe once when it aired, i downloaded it on itunes and like my last 3 episodes of Bones on itunes all skip and are jumpy... ver ver annoying! More to come soon my friends!

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:18 am

VentiGirl wrote:loved the chapter

fyi - Angela never tells Booth where to meet for dinner

for the sake of my story she does. Otherwise it would be an on going merry go round of Ang and Jared trying to hook them up and them totally denying it. So with this I have skipped the merry go round and went right to the tunnel of love ;-)

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Kajunblueyes Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:16 pm

I love this story! PPS!
~~~~~~~~~Cassie~~~~~~~~~
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Say What You Want : \"When you hear the words 'We think it's Cancer' it puts everything into perspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:19 pm

thanks Kajun, I have more in store for you all. I would have posted yesterday. But i didn't have time in class to write it. I'll write it today. I wrote my plans for the rest of the story, and It's like 2 pages long, I have a lot in store. It's gonna have some angst in later chapters.

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:27 am

TearDrops, I'm looking forward to it ... can't wait!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kajunblueyes Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:16 am

as am I.
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:05 am

That was great! Angela/Jared fluff! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy That would be awesome if they got together with the Booth brothers... huh. We should tell the writers.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pretty_green_eyes Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:21 am

i love this story. it briliant
pretty_green_eyes
pretty_green_eyes
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next