Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashes in the Snow (A Christmas Story) K+?

+2
VentiGirl
ForensicMama
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ashes in the Snow (A Christmas Story) K+? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ashes in the Snow (A Christmas Story) K+?

Post by ToZiKa Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:23 am

wow that was fast.....
thanks for the new posts
I still love it!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Ashes in the Snow (A Christmas Story) K+? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ashes in the Snow (A Christmas Story) K+?

Post by VentiGirl Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:53 am

thanks for all the updates
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:19 pm

Part XVII

"Irinushka is a good woman. She just made a mistake," her husband said adamantly in a thick accent. "I apologize for any inconvenience." Mr. Mirloslav stood and led Booth and Brennan to the door. "Irinushka is here to stay. I doubt there will be any more issues concerning my wife and the law."

The partners walked down the stone path and took their seats in the SUV. Booth pulled away from the Mirloslav residence. The sun had set and they were both tired and hungry.

"Do you think he loves his wife, Booth?" Brennan asked.

Booth tightened his lips. "I'm not sure. All I know is that if I had a wife, I wouldn't refer to her like she wasn't in the room, and I wouldn't treat her like a trained dog."

Brennan curled up her feet onto the seat, feeling exhausted. "I think that she would be a very lucky woman, Booth."

"Thanks, Bones," he replied. Jeez, what was up with Brennan throwing compliments at him lately?

Minutes later, Booth looked over at Brennan. She had turned to her side, hands tucked under her head. Her eyes had closed. And for that moment, Booth let himself think thoughts that he had muffled every day for the past four years. And for the millionth time in the past four years, he fought the urge to pull her close to him. Then he turned his eyes back to the road.

"Booth?" Came a quiet voice.

He looked to the right. "You're awake?"

"Where does this leave us?"

"Three maybes, two probablys, and two definitely nots," Booth replied. "In the morning, I'll round up the dental records for the squints."

"You don't think they'll contact their dentists?"

"It's standard procedure to ask that they send them, but 90% of the time I have to do it myself. Makes for a fun day with Caroline."

"Do you want to get something to eat?"

"We'll just order in," Booth replied.

Brennan pulled Booth's jacket over her and drifted off to sleep once again.
--------------

Thanks guys. There's tons to go. I've been busy following the elections and junk.... so... Yeah. I hate talking politics. So, I'll put up more soon!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:41 pm

Part XVIII

Angela watched as Roxy walked out of sight. She pulled up her sleeves and buried her face into her cuffs as the pain of unshed tears burned the back of her throat.

Hodgins was the first to see Angela. He walked quickly over and sat beside Angela. Sweets knew better than to follow. He made himself scarce by sitting at the lunch counter and ordering coffee.

The familiar form next to Angela had only taken a moment to sink in. She quickly wrapped her arms around Hodgins' neck and buried her face into his chest.

Feeling Angela in his arms once again felt so right, like filling an empty hole. He rubbed her back and took in her familiar scents.

"You OK, Angie?" Hodgins asked softly.

He only heard her sniffing against his shoulder and a muffled, "Mm-hm."

Several seconds passed before anybody said anything. Finally, Angela pulled back and laughed at how ridiculous she must have looked. "Roxy and I broke up."

"I'm sorry, Angela." He handed her a napkin, which she took and wiped her eyes with.

"It's just... do I have to wait forever--? Jeez, I'm... I'm sorry, Jack. You don't have to listen to this."

"Angela." She looked up. "I'm here for you. I always have been and I always will."

"Thanks, Jack."

She hugged Jack again and saw Sweets sitting at the counter over his shoulder. "Why's Sweets here?"

"Women troubles."

"Oh you heard about that, huh?" Angela laughed, then sniffed.

"Yeah, well, these are women troubles of a different sort... Daisy."

Angela looked guilty again.

"She won't let him in the apartment."

"Now I feel like a hot nugget," Angela said. Then she grinned. "Go with me on this, OK?"

Hodgins narrowed his eyes at her, "What do you have up your sleeve, Angie?"

Angela hid her grin, then spoke up, "Sweets!"

Sweets turned, then pointed at himself and mouthed the word, "Me?"

Angela nodded and Sweets took his coffee and self over to the table and sat down.

"Are you OK, Angela?"

"Allergies," Angela replied.

"Winter allergies?"

"It's all of the damn mistletoe. Look, Sweets, I think that we should talk about you and me."

Sweets raised a brow. "Our professional relation--"

"Screw that, Sweets. Now listen. I like you. I think you're cute in a Star Wars Convention kind of way, which makes my loins boil. And that kiss. G-d, Sweets, if you went around sucking face like that, you'd get laid way more often."

"Angela--"

Hodgins just looked on, amused.

"I think we should have sex, Sweets. Hot, hot, sex. I could teach you a thing or two. I've got experience to burn."

"You're just project--"

"It doesn't have to be anything serious. Just a romp in the sheets."

"Angela, I'm dating Daisy--"

"Bring her along. You know I swing both ways."

"Angela--" Sweets was beginning to perspire profusely.

Now Hodgins was laughing really hard. He lifted a menu and began laughing behind it.

Sweets' face dropped from worried to annoyed in a microsecond. "Very funny, guys."

Angela began to laugh along with Hodgins.

"And it's your fault, Angela, that I'm probably going to sleep in my office tonight."

Angela became a little more serious, "I'm sorry about that, Sweets. I shouldn't have teased."

"Well, if you're not going to tease, you should at least give me some advice. I just don't know how to make it up to her..."

Hodgins sighed, then took his keys from his pocket. He took a key from his key-ring and slid it across the table.

"What's this?" Sweets asked.

"Key to the harbor." He took off another key, "And this one's to the yacht."

"Huh?" Sweets sputtered, growing pale.

"Take Daisy out on the yacht this weekend. On me. Call it an apology for giving you such a hard time this year. You're not half bad, Sweets."

"You're serious?"

"Yeah, man."

Angela smiled at Hodgins, then she looked at Sweets, "Let her know that you love her. That you can't live without her. Total honesty, Sweets."

"I do love Daisy, you know. It's not just because I want to sleep in pajamas tonight--" Hodgins opened his mouth, but Sweets cut him off. "And no, they're not Spiderman, Batman or any other cartoon character."

Sweets stood up. He took two steps, then turned around and practically jogged back and wrapped his arms around Hodgins' neck. "Thanks!"

Hodgins and Angela watched as Sweets walked out of sight.

Angela bumped shoulders with Jack and smiled, "Hodgins! That was sweet."

"Yeah, well, we've all got our secrets," Hodgins said, smiling. "So tell me, Angie, what would you have done if Sweets said yes to your proposition?"

"I thought it was more of a demand," Angela replied. "Did that come off more as an ultimatum?"

Hodgins chuckled. "Why would you do that?"

"I just wanted to screw with him a bit. Freak him out. It sure was fun, wasn't it?"

"Yeah, it was. But what if he said yes?"

She hadn't thought of that, but she quickly thought of an Angesque reply, "Then, I'd be the teacher and he'd be the naughty student."

Hodgins laughed.

"He's cute in a dorky way, isn't he? And he kisses like he's got two tongues. Which was pretty impressive, if I might say so myself. I've kissed a number of guys in my lifetime. Not a slutty amount, but the regular amount."

"Well," Hodgins said, smiling. "I'm happy to be counted among the lucky few."

"Want to go for a walk in the park?"

"Like old times?" Hodgins asked, grabbing his coat and throwing some money on the table.

"Of course," Angela said, linking arms with Hodgins.

-------------------

LOL had to have a little more fun with Sweets. I love the guy! TOMORROW IS BONES DAY!!! Well, actually it's 9:30 PST, so it might be TODAY for you!!!!!!! (Also, it depends on when you're reading this)... I'm done rambling now. Wink
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:52 pm

giggles at sweets
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:41 am

omg, this is freaking hilarious and great and.... WOW
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3762
Say What You Want : don't provoke the lunatic!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:41 am

Thanks Cheese! Very Happy

XIX

"Ever watch this movie?" Booth asked.

Brennan only smiled at him and raised a brow.

"Yeah. It's classic, Bones. Close Encounters of the Third Kind."

"What are the other two kinds?" Brennan asked.

"It's just a title."

"There must be two other kinds, or the title is moot."

Booth came into the living room. Brennan was wearing her pajamas and had already settled on the couch with a blanket over her lap.

He must have stood there, admiring like an idiot, for several seconds because Brennan looked up, "What?"

"Uh," Booth shifted his eyes to the floor, then sat beside Brennan and handed her an empty bowl. "Popcorn?"

"I'll just eat out of yours," she replied absently as the movie began.

"Yeah, no reason to dirty extra bowls," Booth replied, smiling softly.

"Is this a scary movie?"

"Used to be."

"Used to be?" Brennan asked. She sat up, crossing her legs on the sofa.

"The special effects were in their infancy when this movie came out. It was awesome when it came out, but now it's just... interesting."

Brennan reached into the bowl that rested between Booth's thighs, making him gasp for air for a moment. "Special effects? Like movies?" She asked.

"Yeah. In this movie, they used things like stop-motion and scale models, but now--"

"They use computers?"

"Yeah. Programs like Maya and SoftImage." Brennan grinned and threw a popcorn kernel at Booth. "What was that about?"

"You didn't tell me you were a computer geek. I thought you were a Luddite."

"I am not a Luddite! And FYI, you don't have to be a computer geek to know a little something about special effects."

"Luddite," Brennan said under her breath.

Booth threw some popcorn at her.

"Hey!"

Booth laughed.

"Was that scale modeling?" Brennan asked, referring to the movie.

Booth sunk into the seat and crossed his legs on the coffee table. "Maybe."

"You're impossible," she groaned, tossing another kernel his way.

"You're difficult," Booth countered. A kernel ricocheted off from Brennan's head.

"Then I guess we're perfect for each other," she replied without thinking. Both were silent for several seconds. She reached for more popcorn. "So, tell me about this movie."

Booth reached for a corner of the blanket, then began to explain about Spielberg and UFOs.

"I don't believe in UFOs," Brennan said, leaning her head on Booth's shoulder.

"Neither do I, Bones, but there are more things in heaven and earth than what can be measured in your lab."

"Like God?"

"Like God."

"And love."

"Yeah, Bones. And love."

Brennan took a moment to take it in. "I get love, Booth, but UFOs are a whole different story."

Booth smiled to himself. He reached over and turned off the lamp, drowning the room in darkness. With the exception of the glowing television in front of them.

"I'm glad you got a TV, Bones."

Brennan looked over at him and smiled. "Me, too."
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:33 am

I think I am glad that she got a tv too
if it makes them spent their evenings cuddled in front of it like that I love you

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:24 am

Haha... no kidding. I'd love to see a scene like that. The two of them cuddled on the couch, casually watching a movie. Wink

Part XX

"You are an extremely fortunate man, Booth. I like you. That's why I'm not gonna shoot you," Caroline Julian said.

"Good morning to you, too, Caroline," Booth replied over the phone.

"I didn't say anything about it being a good morning."

"Brennan and I are trying to catch a killer."

"And I'm trying to catch my morning cup of joe. We all have our bad days and this just makes for paperwork and flashbacks of grad school."

"I'll make it up to you. Take you out to dinner?"

"I'll be ready at eight," she replied, then hung up.

Booth chuckled and put the phone into his pocket.

--

"She looks so sad," Angela said, looking at the photograph of Claire and Amanda Spybuck.

"It looks like it was a hot day," Brennan replied. "I don't know about you, but on days in which there is high humidity, I tend to be a bit on edge."

"No, sweetie, this is... sadness. Her smile doesn't even reach her eyes."

Brennan gave her friend an odd look, then walked over and looked at the picture and studied it for a moment, "I don't know what you mean, Ange."

Angela put a hand on her hip, "When you're happy--I mean, really, really happy, your eyes just smile."

"Eyes can't smile... they're eyes."

"Trust me. They can. Listen, sweetie, I'm going stag to the banquet. Wanna be my totally platonic female date?"

"I wasn't planning on going."

"You've got to. It'll be like prom, minus the parking lot sex."

Brennan smiled, "I never went to prom."

"All the more reason to go with me."

Brennan thought it through, "Stag?"

"It's a colloquialism for single, dateless, sweetie."

"And I should go?"

"It's on Christmas Eve, sweetie. We'll have a few drinks, dance naked in the snow, and wake up in pools of our own vomit. It'll be wonderful."

"What? I won't be the designated date?"

"Not this year, sweetie. So you'll go with me? Cut loose? I promise no meth mummies, fungal lung diseases, or butt photo copying."

After a moment, Brennan replied, "Fine. I'll go."

"You'll go where?" Booth asked, walking through the door.

"To the banquet," Angela replied.

"So you're going?" Booth asked Bones.

"Yes."

Booth smiled, "Good. Hey, did you get the dental records?"

"Clark is reviewing them right now, but from what I saw, it looks like Claire Spybuck."

Booth sighed and sat on the sofa. "I guess we should go back to the Spybucks. Find that burn barrel."

"You think it's Aaron Spybuck?" Brennan asked.

"That's usually the way it goes, right? Angry lover gets mad, gets rid of the problem."

"I don't think we should jump to that conclusion. It's not fact-based."

"True enough, Bones. So, then, we'll start looking for motive. Check into that car-on-the-side-of-the-road story."

"Just give me a minute, I just have to check on Clark's progress before we can go." Brennan left the room, leaving Angela and Booth alone.

Angela eyed Booth for a minute. Booth shifted under her gaze. "What?"

"Why didn't you say yes to Brennan?"

"What?"

"When she asked you to the banquet. You said no."

"I didn't even answer her," he corrected.

"Well, why didn't you?"

"Well," Booth said. "There--There's-the, uh, the--"

"Please. Don't tell me 'the line'."

"Yeah, Ange. The line. There's a line when you're in a professional relationship--"

"What'd you do last night?" Angela cut in.

"We investigated a murder."

"And?"

"Ate."

"What did you do after all of the crimefighting was over?"

Booth just scowled at her, "You have a bad habit of sticking your nose where it doesn't belong, Angela."

"I'm just saying that that line you two talk about so much hardly exists!" Angela called after him as he stormed out of the office.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:09 pm

Part XXI

FBI Crime Lab. Afternoon.

"This is the car," Booth said to Hodgins, pointing at the Station Wagon. "They kept it as evidence."

Hodgins blew up a glove like a balloon and shoved his fingers into the slots. "If there's evidence of foul play, I'll find it."

FBI Forensic Tech Marcus Geier walked up to the group. One look at Hodgins and he groaned, "Oh, great. You again."

Hodgins turned around and grinned, "Hey, Sporty Spice."

"You're a real ass, you know that, Dr. Hodgins?"

"My mom used to tell me that. It just sounds so much less insulting coming from you. I'm disappointed."

Geier scowled at Hodgins, then looked at Booth, "We'll go over that car with a fine toothed comb, Agent Booth. Did you want me to process it like it hadn't been processed before?"

Booth shrugged, "Give it a thorough inspection." Then under his breath as Geier walked away, "Not that it'll help."

Hodgins looked at him, "And what do we mean by that?"

"Nothing."

"You think this was a cover-up?"

"Spybuck just rubbed me the wrong way. Brennan said not to jump to conclusions, but--"

"I can't believe I didn't see it before," Hodgins said, eying Booth.

"See what?"

"You're just like me, man. Conspiracy theories all the way."

"No. No. I'm not like you. I don't have paranoid ramblings. I don't believe in little green men. And I most definitely do not consider a day at the dump a good day." Booth put his hands on his hips.

"Whatever. All I'm saying is that you have to be a conspiracy theorist to come up with the theories that you come up with."

"I'm sorry. Are you speaking squint? I left my Geektionary at home."

"I thought Dr. B would've taught you a thing or two about other tongues by now," Hodgins replied slyly.

"I know where you live," Booth uttered sotto voce.

Hodgins chuckled. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to put on rubbers and roll around in the back seat of that station wagon. It's not as fun as it sounds." He walked away, pulling the other glove on.

--

Brennan looked at an x-ray as Clark and Angela stood around her. Angela had rendered the two teeth into a 3D computer model and she looked between the two images. "You were right, Clark. It's a match. Very astute."

"Thank you, Dr. Brennan."

"Have you established cause of death, yet?"

"Uh--"

Cam interrupted, walking up to the group, "DNA results are in. It's definitely Claire Spybuck. Her DNA and Amanda's matched to an accuracy of 99.9 percent."

Brennan nodded, "Which collaborates the dental comparison."

"Do we have a cause of death yet?" Cam asked, looking between Brennan and Clark.

"Uh, well," Clark stood and the group followed to his work station where he pointed at a bone he had been examining.

"What is it?" Angela asked.

Brennan lifted it and looked at it closer. "It's a sphenoid." Then she pointed to her temple. "It's fractured. "

"From the fire?" Cam asked.

"I'm not sure. Have you looked at this under high power magnification?" Brennan asked Clark.

"Yes. I fairly positive that it was not caused by the fire. I just wanted you to double check my work."

Brennan sat down and looked at it under the magnification. "You were correct, Clark. This was not caused by the fire. There seems to be--"

"A depression," Clark finished.

"Correct. It's impossible to tell from what just by looking at this portion of sphenoid."

"I'll do a few experiments," Clark said.

"Oh, where is Hodgins when you need him?" Angela smiled. The way she said his name, though, made Cam look at her and smile knowingly.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:34 pm

Smile love it! Can't wait to read more
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3762
Say What You Want : don't provoke the lunatic!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:46 pm

love it so far
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:04 am

Thank you! Very Happy

XXII

Royal Diner, Evening

"Thanks for looking over the file, Sweets," Booth said.

"No problemo, guys," he replied. "I'm just glad that you and Dr. Brennan are finally seeing the usefulness of my knowledge. You two don't want to admit it, but I'm growing on you."

Ignoring that comment, Booth continued, "So, what do you have for us?"

"I went over the file. It seems that the Spybucks were involved in a volatile relationship."

"So, you agree with Booth? That Aaron Spybuck killed his wife?"

"Not necessarily, Dr. Brennan. Although, it doesn't rule him out, either. The death itself could have been accidental, or perhaps caused by a shove?"

Booth looked at Brennan, who explained, "Clark found an impression in the sphenoid. It's this bone here," she pointed to her temple.

"You found skull?"

"Skull fragments," she clarified. "The victim's head collided with a hard, dense object shortly before her demise."

"Like a baseball bat?" Booth asked.

"Or a coffee table."

"The issue," Sweets continued. "Arises with the way that the body was disposed of. She was bound with zip-ties, which suggests she was either not deceased yet, or that she had died while in captivity. Claire Spybuck was burned like garbage, doused in gasoline--"

"Wait," Booth interrupted. "If she was treated like garbage, why would this guy--or gal--have dug out the ashes and then buried them beneath a tree?"

"Very insightful, Agent Booth. Whoever this was couldn't bear to see refuse burned on top of Claire's body. He felt--not necessarily remorseful--but loving in a twisted way."

"Fits the angry husband profile," Booth said, sipping his coffee.

"What about the car-in-the-ditch scenario?" Brennan asked.

"Doesn't match up. None of Mrs. Spybuck's credit cards were ever used. Her identity was never stolen afterward. Why commit a murder and highjack a car only to never carry out your original plan?"

"Sweets was right."

"Hmmm?" Both men looked up.

"You are very insightful."

Booth grinned. Sweets looked between the two as they looked longingly at one another. And these two weren't more than partners? Even a twelve year old could see that that was bull.

Booth leaned across the table, "What's with all of the compliments lately, Bones?"

"What? I can't compliment my partner?" Booth didn't reply. "My friend? Look, maybe I am just admiring your expertise." She smiled. "What?"

"Nothing," he replied softly.

"So, um," Sweets interjected. "Did the FBI Forensics Team find anything in the car?"

"I should get a call any min--" Booth's phone rang. "Speak of the devil. Booth." He listened and spoke in hushed tones, then hung up and took a bite of his food while Sweets and Brennan looked on waiting for him to fill them in.

"Booth. The least you could do is tell us what they said."

Booth swallowed, "That was Hodgins. They didn't find anything. Mozzarella stick?"

Brennan just looked at him, annoyed, "You aren't worried at all?"

"No, of course not. Ranch or marinara?"

"Marinara. Why not?" She reached out and dipped the stick, but didn't bother to eat it. She just set it on the plate and crossed her arms on the table.

"No, Bones. It just collaborates the thought that this whole ditch story is a bunch of hooey. Sweets? Mozzarella stick?"

"So where do we go from here?"

"So," Booth wiped his fingers on a napkin and leaned forward. "We have a fight the night before Claire's disappearance, a cell phone call from Claire while Aaron was supposedly at work and she was supposedly alive--"

"He could have easily taken the phone and called to throw off the time of death," Brennan said.

"Exactly." Booth thought for a few seconds. "Aaron was ten minutes late for work that morning, saying he had to get gas. Maybe we can find gas receipts, but he could've used cash."

"We need to find the burn barrel."

"There wasn't one on the property."

"But that doesn't mean that he didn't use somebody else's barrel." Brennan leaned forward, too.

"Or someone else's property."

"Or they have more property."

"I'll do a search tomorrow. Smart thinking, Bones. Listen, I need to go over to Rebecca's. I said I'd help Parker with his science experiment tonight."

Brennan's eyes twinkled.

Booth chuckled. "It's on subliminal messages."

"Wh-That's not even real science!"

"Rip my heart out and throw it into a pit of fire, why don't you?" Sweets asked under his breath.

"No offense, Dr. Sweets."

Booth just laughed. "I'll see you tomorrow. Maybe we'll go snoop around the Spybuck residence. See if we can find cause for a warrant."
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:40 am

why is she being so nice, it is wierd *narrows my eyes
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:12 am

XXIII

Christmas Eve, late morning.

Booth pulled up to the Jeffersonian's parking lot. From miles away, he could see black clouds billowing into the sky. As soon as he stopped, he jumped out and ran up to the group of people in blue lab coats.

"What the hell is all of this?" He yelled, looking at all of the squints. For a moment, he thought, Oh, G-d, the world is being overrun!

Hodgins pulled up his goggles and walked up to Booth. "How goes it, G-Man?"

"Hodgins, why the hell is there a fire in the parking lot of the Jeffersonian? You've got a permit, right?"

"You people and your legal hoops. Of course I've got papers." He held up the paperwork.

Angela came up, "Hey, Booth. Want some s'mores?"

"Just try to explain to me why there's a burn barrel on fire in the parking lot? Hmm?" He placed his hands on his hips.

"It's a little Christmas-Eve shindig, Booth. Loosen up. Besides, it's like 20 degrees out."

Booth just shook his head. "Did you clear this with Cam?"

"And let her spoil our fun? No way."

"People!" Cam called as she walked a quick pace through the parking lot, her arms crossed over herself to keep her warm. "What the heck is with the flaming barrel?"

The crowd parted so that she could focus her fury on Hodgins.

"Hodgins, I really hope that you have an explanation for this."

"Yeah, sure. Clark and I--"

"Woah," Clark cut in. "You can leave me outta this."

Hodgins grinned. "We just wanted to see if our victim was injured in the course of being dumped into the burn barrel."

"And that required two gallons of gasoline, six packs of hot dogs and buns, and the fixings for s'mores?"

"Mostly we wanted to burn something," Hodgins admitted. "Hot dog?"

"You are seriously pushing it, Dr. Hodgins. Now pass me the ketchup." Cam said, holding back a grin.

Booth shook his head and left the parking lot to go find Brennan just as a light snow began to fall from heaven.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:47 pm

XXIV

"Hey, Bones. Any luck with the temple bone?" Booth asked, stepping onto the forensic platform.

Brennan looked up from her work, "It's a sphenoid bone. There's a huge difference between the temporal bone and the sphenoid bone. They're adjacent, but not the same thing. And no. Nothing new."

"Oh... well, I didn't have any luck with the Spybucks."

She put down her work and looked up, "What do you mean?"

"They don't have any other property and neighbors don't remember any burn barrels or anything like that in the back yard."

Brennan sighed, "So what now?"

"Well," Booth said, strolling over to Brennan. "Tonight, I have Charlie looking into property owned by family and friends. We'll take a break until the 26th then get back to work."

"I'll probably be in tomorrow."

"On Christmas, Bones? Nope. I won't have it. You're coming over and having hot chocolate with me and Parker."

"Booth, I don't think--"

"Bones, it's Christmas. Christmas is all about family and friends. You're friends." He lowered his face just a little bit and flashed his patented smile, "Please?"

She rolled her eyes and smiled, "Fine. So you have Parker tomorrow?"

"Rebecca's dropping him off at noon. Be there, be square?"

"Sure. I'll be square." She stood and took off her jacket.

"Where are you headed off to?" He followed her into the office.

"There's that banquet tonight."

"Oh. That's tonight, huh?"

"Yes. And I'm going with Angela. I should probably go get ready. See you tomorrow?"

"Hot chocolate, Bones." He grinned as he watched her walk towards the office. He waited until the door was closed before tossing a poker chip in the air and jogging off the platform and out the door.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:48 pm

XXV

Before leaving the Jeffersonian that night, Hodgins walked into Angela's office. There, he found her sitting at her desk, hard at work on a sketch.

"What are you up to?" He asked as he sauntered in.

Angela looked up and quickly pressed the sketch pad to her chest. "Hey, Hodgins. What time are you picking up Cam?"

"I'm just meeting her there. I offered to pick her up, then she offered to fire me, so--"

"She didn't." Angela tipped her head to the side.

"Nah, she didn't. I'm just escorting her. Didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea. So..." He tried to peek at the sketch, which Angela pushed closer to her chest again. "What's that, Angie?"

Angela sighed, "Fine. Promise you won't laugh?"

"I won't laugh," he promised.

Angela sat the sketch pad on the desk and Hodgins moved closer so he could see it. The sketch was of Claire and Amanda Spybuck smiling, arms wrapped around one another, dressed in ear muffs, scarves, and knit hats. "I just... I couldn't stand the thought of... Claire didn't look happy at all and Amanda--Amanda... She'll never get a chance to have another picture taken with her mother. I kinda know how that feels. I just wanted her to have one happy picture, you know?" Angela looked up at Hodgins.

Jack looked at the sadness in Angela's eyes, then took her quickly into his arms.

"I just don't understand how my mom could have left like that. She might as well be dead. Sometimes I think that hurts more--knowing she's alive, living a different life in an entirely different country..." She trailed off.

Hodgins smoothed Angela's locks against her back, "You are an amazing woman, Angela. I think that your mom was the one who missed out. She missed out on knowing an exciting, intelligent, funny, caring woman."

Angela pulled back and smiled at Hodgins, her arms still around his neck. "You're not... just saying that because you're gonna get some tonight, are you?" She smiled, one eyebrow tipping up.

Hodgins grinned, "No. I said it because I meant it."

She leaned in and kissed him. He pulled her tighter to him and they stood that way, arms entangled for what seemed like an eternity, trying to make up for lost time.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:12 pm

Awww... Angela and Hodgins together... Smile
Yey. Sorry, for I have not been able to review your story. It has been a hell of a week. So busy...
But what the heck.

I was going to write about the story about Booth and Brennan together in the Christmas Ball. But as a mindreader you are, you already have written it partly. Promise you will write about them dancing together. It would be good. Smile
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:40 pm

I still love it.
Angela and Hodgins are really cute together.
And Bones is spending Christmas with Booth and Parker.

Can't wait to read more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:30 am

Thanks everyone! Very Happy I'll be back with more!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:43 am

okay I'm waiting bounce

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:45 am

Very Happy You didn't have to wait long! Very Happy

XXVI

"Well, things seem to be back to normal with them," Cam said to Brennan that evening.

Brennan followed her gaze to Angela and Hodgins. She smiled, "Angela called me and dumped me about an hour ago."

"Me, too... Well, Hodgins dumped me." Cam smiled and they watched as the two danced and kissed. "Merry Christmas, Brennan."

Brennan smiled at Cam, "And Merry Christmas to you, too." For a moment, she thought about the irony. Two years before they wouldn't have been able to be in a room alone for five minutes. Now she found herself respecting and even really liking Cam's blunt and fiery spirit.

They were both dressed in cocktail dresses. Cam's was wine-colored, A-line and strapless. Brennan's dress was a black floor length 1950's inspired dress. The ball room at the Jeffersonian was packed wall-to-wall with scientists, employees, and donors.

"Well, if you'll excuse me, Dr. Brennan, I have to go mingle with the big donors. Word has it that Viktor Valentin is in the house."

"The man who donated three hundred million to the Lab?"

"Yes. Which means that I'm late already. Talk to you later."

Brennan watched as she walked off through the crowd.

After a minute, she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"May I have this dance?"

She turned, half expecting somebody she had hoped to see standing there originally. Instead, she saw the familiar face of Mr. Bancroft.

"Of course, Mr. Bancroft."

He led her through the crowd. The music slowed, then took up pace again with a new tune. This time the live band played a waltz, which Brennan tried desperately to hide her inadequacy in.

The inadequacy in her dancing ability was only multiplied when Mr. Bancroft began to make small talk. "Merry Christmas, Dr. Brennan. "

"And you, too."

"I understand you are investigating a murder as we speak?"

"Actually, I'm dancing as we speak."

"Not... literally. I meant--"

"Yes. We are. But I really can't go into detail due to legal restraints."

"Of course, of course. Writing anything right now?"

"I don't like to discuss my current projects."

The music ended and the crowd stopped dancing. Brennan right-faced and joined the group in applauding the band. She could only find herself thanking--Fate? Luck?--Anybody that the music was done and she was able to walk off the dance floor to regroup herself.

She found herself at the edge of the crowd just as the music began again. Angela slipped through the crowd, "Wanna dance, sweetie?"

She shook her head, "No. Trust me, I'm much better off not dancing tonight."

Angela smiled slightly, "Mind on something--or someone--else tonight?"

"I--" Brennan paused. Should she really say what was on her mind? "I--"

Angela's eyes drifted over Brennan's right shoulder. The look on her face made her follow the gaze. She turned slightly and saw the familiar face she was was waiting for. "Booth?"

He stood in front of her wearing a tuxedo, bow-tie, and grin.

"What are you doing here?" She asked incredulously.

"I was in the neighborhood," he replied, shrugging casually.

She looked him up and down, "You were in the neighborhood. In a tuxedo? And a ridiculous bow-tie?"

"Hey, it's not ridiculous. It happens to be classy," he defended, straightening the offended tie.

"You look like a penguin."

"But a sexy penguin," he smiled. Angela looked between them, smiled, and slipped out of sight, leaving the two alone.

"I don't like it." She crossed her arms, trying her best not to burst into a smile.

"Hey, I wear suits all day. Ties are part of my every day wardrobe. It's a slight shift from the regular. I'm trying, OK?" He stepped forward as he spoke.

"Were those the only choices? A tie or bow tie?"

"No, Bones," Booth said, sounding a little more annoyed, but quite honestly he was enjoying every second, as was she. "They had about thirteen things that I couldn't pronounce and twelve of them would make me look like I worked part time as a carnie."

"I don't know what that means," she shook her head. Loose curls slid across her neck.

"Carnival workers... Nothing?" No reaction. He moved on. "You should be happy, by the way."

"Happy? Why should I be happy?"

"I came here for you, Bones. To surprise you. And this suit comes without a return policy, so--" He stopped, realizing that despite her straight face, her eyes were smiling. "You look..." He smiled at her and she finally let her smile break out. He let his eyes graze her body. Breathtaking was an understatement. "You look really... nice. No." She looked up. "You look beautiful, Bones."

She tipped her head towards the crowd. "Would you like to...?"

"Yeah." He smiled and held out his hand, which she took. He walked her onto the dance floor. They stood on the outside of the crowd. Booth put his hand on her waist, holding her hand in his. It would be safe to say that neither were breathing at that moment.

Then Booth's cell rang.

He cursed his 24-7 job and looked at the cell. "Charlie," he said into Brennan's ear, above the noise. "I've gotta take this."

She followed him out of the room and stood outside in the snow. Brennan buttoned up her jacket as Booth dialed Charlie back.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:19 am

yeah that was really fast
thank you Very Happy

I liked that Booth came just to make Bones happy but I don't really like that they will have to work now......they should dance and have fun and kiss and go home an make love.....but I got a little carried away there, right?

however I can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:04 am

Bah... make them dance later... when they are alone.... Smile Just because they are so sweet when they dance together. I love them just...
You are mean to stop them dancing. Smile

But the new chappie is very good. Smile AS ALWAYS. And you know that, Sarah!
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:40 am

OK! I'll make them dance!!! Very Happy But that's not for a couple of chapters! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next