Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Guide: Jared will push B/B closer together

+7
Hello Salty Goodness
heirofloki
jagglebells
Lo
ForensicMama
southerngirl
katarina
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TV Guide: Jared will push B/B closer together Empty TV Guide: Jared will push B/B closer together

Post by katarina Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:33 am

Matt Mitovich (and HH) previews the November 12 episode:

On the Nov. 12 episode of Bones, Brennan will meet Booth's younger brother. From there, life on (and off) the Jeffersonian may never be the same.

Played by Roswell alum Brendan Fehr, Jared Booth will get Temperance's temperature rising. But at the end of the day, it may be the studly sibling who pushes one of TV's most star-crossed couples even closer together.

"There's a spark between Brennan and little brother Booth," series creator Hart Hanson tells TVGuide.com. "Since she in her own mind can't have the older Booth, maybe this younger one is a good ersatz copy. But that turns out not to be true."

So although there are some romantic Jared-Temp dates and canoodling along the way, the primary purpose of Seeley's sib is "to shed some light on Booth, who's a guarded character," says Hanson. "For all his affability, you don't actually find out much about him. This is another way into that, and it will be fun."

It will also, as no small by-product, bring Brennan to a much greater understanding of her longtime partner's background, paving the way for a deeper bond.

Interestingly, Jared almost came knocking on his big bro's door last spring. That plan got waylaid by the WGA strike's intrusion.

"We were looking forward to bringing Booth's family [on] toward the end of Season 3," says Hanson, "but that was one of the decisions we made when we came back for such a short period of time, to let it play out better in Season 4."

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
katarina
katarina
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5354
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Back to top Go down

TV Guide: Jared will push B/B closer together Empty Re: TV Guide: Jared will push B/B closer together

Post by southerngirl Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:30 am

I am so happy with this news. I am glad that Jared will give Bones (and us) a better understanding of Booth. This will help make her even closer to Booth!!!

southerngirl
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

TV Guide: Jared will push B/B closer together Empty Re: TV Guide: Jared will push B/B closer together

Post by ForensicMama Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:43 am

I'm glad to hear it! TY!!!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:05 am

i so called it on the brennan trying out jared in hopes he's like booth.

thanks for posting, its good to hear from hart about why he's doing things.
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:42 am

I think Jared is going to turn out to be the ggod guy in the end. I think that he's going to realize how much Brennan and Booth really care for each other. This makes me so happy Smile

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:47 am

Have y'all read this little piece?

It gives a bit more on the Jared arc plus a couple other spoler/hints for the rest of the season. I rather liked this part:

The episode will give viewers a peek at Booth’s difficult childhood and his relationship with his grandfather.

With all the love Booth's always expressing re:his family, I've always wondered what his family life was really like and how he ended up in the 75th Ranger Regiment.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:25 am

heirofloki wrote:Have y'all read this little piece?

Nice find!

I love the idea of Stephen fry coming back to help Sweets...haha that would be a hilarious plot line. How ironic for Sweets and then he will probably get made fun of by Booth and possibly Brennan!

I love me some more JFD!!

thanks for posting!
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:27 am

Thanks heirofloki!!!

I like that Fehr and David were both playing Hockey together! That's so fun! I also like that we'll be learning something more about Booth's grandfather in the Con Man episode!

Wow, I like the idea of Gordon Gordon helping Sweets out! How 'sweet' is that?! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:52 pm

On the tv guide article: You know what else I found interesting? The part where Hanson acknowledges that Brennan goes for Baby Brother "Since she in her own mind can't have the older Booth".

I love it because it ties back to that stupid line of Booths. I love it because they're obviously keeping Brennan's literal approach to everything (including Booth), and I love it because it means that whenever (not if, y'all. When) they decide to put B/B together, it's gonna be up to Booth to cross that frakking line and put himself on the line for her. Which I don't think is gonna be at all easy for our former sniper.

Damn! I think I need NaNo to start. I've got to much writing energy coursing through me.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Salty Goodness Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:48 pm

The line,is just an excuse,do they ever talk about it,do the writers? No.It is a fan thing.If it was a big issue it would be talked about before now.It was in S2 & was literally referring to Cam and Booth.This is S4 B&B not S2, what they have been through since then makes that so called line invisible. That said, Bren is responsible for her own actions, they have nothing to do with Booth and what has been said a few years ago.She has to realise that she can't date her partners brother without consquences.
Hello Salty Goodness
Hello Salty Goodness
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:54 pm

Season 3, first episode where they had the coffee conversation with Sweets, Brennan says, "Don't read anything into what he says. There's a line that doesn't even need to be there." --So, yes, it was mentioned once again, but you're absolutely right that the whole line thing was blown out of proportion. Even during an interview with Emily and David, Emily mentioned the line and David didn't know what in the world she was talking about! lol
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesblogger Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:14 pm

This is a one very, very confusing interview...

First of all wasn't Brendon Fehr signed for only two episodes, so where this some romantic dates and canoodling between Jared and Brennan comes from if not they are all shown in two episodes only or does they released wrong information earlier or now???

Secondly what happened to Brennan being a rational person and all. How come she keeps on dating Jared when she comes to know about Jared's DUI and all because HH says there are some romantic dates between Jared and Brennan. So HH is now changing Brennan's thinking too???

Thirdly even HH is also worried about the repercussion of him showing Jared and Brennan together on the BB shipers that is why he keeps on repeating in his interview that the sole purpose of bringing Jared into the show is to just shed more light on Booth's character. Come on this is lamest excuse for showing Jared and Brennan dating (dating as suggested by HH himself).

The HH's comment about Brennan still thinks that she cannot have Booth is just opposite to what H is showing to us. I mean after so long into the show he still wants us to belief that both Brennan and Booth think about each other is that they can't have each other, so why they show all the cute momments between them at the end of the episode. I mean shouldn't he be addressing this issue first before showing all the cute little episode ending scene???

After the Con man episode there are couple of other episodes in which there are cute little endings coming on but doesn't it make them insignificant because in the background we are supposed to belief that Jared and Brennan are dating. I mean for me to make these episode endings more realistic is to make BB think they can have something together in the future.

For me this is the weirdest season of Bones (just my personal take which i think i am entitled to) so far. For me creators of the show are shaking all the structures on which the show was based initially.

One more thing, I for one would love to see Booth in a romantic situation with someone else other than Brennan. I mean we have enough of Brennan with other some guys. HH should show some of Booth with some other gals now (I mean proper dating like Brennan)...

bonesblogger
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:18 pm

I was thinking this would be the way they were planning it. Jared brings B&B closer together...kind of a no-brainer in a way. And oh, I can't wait to actually see it play out!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Salty Goodness Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:34 pm

Bonesblogger, ITA!! With all your points!

At the Boneyard, someone has posted a transcript of the HH interview, there was none, what so ever mention of Jared & Brennan dating serveral times, the guy at TVGuide just put that in there to hype up the piece. It could be true but not from the HH interview he was quoting. HH only talked about the Nov epis only, so Brennan finds out that Jared is 'not good'in the Con Man epi,imo it is all over in that epi.There is no mention of him in the sides after epi,bar Hero
Hello Salty Goodness
Hello Salty Goodness
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:08 pm

Hello Salty Goodness wrote:Bonesblogger, ITA!! With all your points!

At the Boneyard, someone has posted a transcript of the HH interview, there was none, what so ever mention of Jared & Brennan dating serveral times, the guy at TVGuide just put that in there to hype up the piece. It could be true but not from the HH interview he was quoting. HH only talked about the Nov epis only, so Brennan finds out that Jared is 'not good'in the Con Man epi,imo it is all over in that epi.There is no mention of him in the sides after epi,bar Hero

Not true, they talked about Double Trouble in the Panhandle, airing December 3rd. Wink
It was a good interview. Just read it.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Salty Goodness Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:19 pm

Ok, true dat, he did mention Double Trouble Smile I forgot.
But my point was kinda that this article, TvGuide, was over hyped by the writer. Jmo
Hello Salty Goodness
Hello Salty Goodness
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:35 pm

Absolutely. It seems everyone over-hypes and it gets tiring after a while--trying to weed the over-exaggerated from the truth...
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:40 pm

Entertainment writers are all the same. All. Hype. Seriously. Dates = Gala.

I mean after so long into the show he still wants us to belief that both Brennan and Booth think about each other is that they can't have each other, so why they show all the cute momments between them at the end of the episode. I mean shouldn't he be addressing this issue first before showing all the cute little episode ending scene???

Well, I have been there, you know, IRL. You can have cute/especial/important God, life-changing moments with someone you feel close to, and still believe you can't/shouldn't/won't have them -for whatever reason. So yeah, I buy that they, though aware of their closeness, would be reluctant to breach that wall of propriety, so to speak. But *shrug* maybe it's just me.

I have to admit, I don't see Brenan dating Booth's brother as a huge departure from her established character. If anything it's her extreme rationality that drives her in these seemingly unexpected directions. Of course, I reckon her appreciation for the guy will diminish once she's found out about the DUI -If she finds out (which I hope she will). In any case, I doubt there'll be any serious dating. Or dating per se, at all. Again, HH is a show-runner and they too love their hype.

I definitely agree though, that we should have some woman there for poor Booth. Brennan does indeed get all the attention these days.

On the line. I heard HH mentioning that before, something to do with how literal Brenan is...I can't for the life of me remember where/when. I haven't been part of this fandom very long (just fell into it around May) so I wouldn't know how much it's been fanwanked. It's HH's comment that connected with that older piece of info in my head. And I don't know, from a character standpoint, it kinda makes sense. To me, anyway silent

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:12 am

I absolutely agree that you can love somebody and still have self control. It's totally possible and I should know. My DH and I didn't--you know *wink*--until we were married... three years we were together before we married. It's totally possible, not easy, but possible. And I have friends who were married the same summer as my DH and I, and they didn't even kiss until they were married.

Booth and Brennan think that sex will destroy their professional relationship. Now that they are probably in love with one another, the stakes are higher. They could lose a very deep, personal connection and friendship as well as a professional relationship. Although the attraction is growing deeper, and we all know that eventually they'll sink below the proverbial surface, they probably feel more strongly about staying platonic than ever.
Just MHO.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:32 am

It's totally possible, not easy, but possible. And I have friends who were married the same summer as my DH and I, and they didn't even kiss until they were married.

Wow! We (the other party and I) had issues that kept us circling: significant others, insecurities, personal crisis...you know, the works. But not crossing the line with someone you're in love with and engaged with, is true self-control. *Bows* I'm amazed.

And on B/B, I agree with everything you said. Very Happy

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:51 am

What does Canoodling mean? Not sex right?

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesblogger Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:45 pm

No it doesn't mean sex.

BTW, has there been some other information about Jared from Fox about in how many episodes he will be there. I mean, earlier they told Jared will be in two episodes. Has there been any new news about how many episodes he will be there???

bonesblogger
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:46 pm

you know whats funny? We get our B&B, but it's not the right B&B.... My psyche doesn't like being played with.

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 354
Say What You Want : Dancers do it best.
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:16 am

for now brendan is only signed for two episodes. so i doubt Brennan and Jared have a very long or deep relationship. If they have one at all. and the second episode we have sides to now (Hero episode) Jared's not even involved with Brennan in that one from the sides shown...she's only working with him to get Booth back and alive.

and jared only gets to kiss her once. while Hart has said Booth will be in bed with Bones and he will kiss her and there might be talks of a baby discussion again.

if you ask me, let jared have the little time with Brennan it really isn't enough to equal Booth's.
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:32 pm

I am SO excited now that I know I have nothing to worry about. Wednesday should be interesting. "You almost lit my butt on fire!"

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum