Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fade Away, by flyersfan

+18
newhaven5
Kasper
Aloemilk
fairytales_end
hijinx
Kajunblueyes
ForensicMama
missdebra87
queen bess
Shakari
A2BOREANAZ
Squintish
mereva
fanofbones
ToZiKa
Cassiopeia
BGWGscienceteacher
flyersfan35
22 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Fade Away, by flyersfan Empty Fade Away, by flyersfan

Post by flyersfan35 Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:30 am

Well, apparently musie finally decided to come back from Bones vacation, so, at long last, I’m finally writing this Bones fic that I’ve had in my head for awhile now. Thanks to kasper for her input…if you call ‘keep, keep writing’ input…lol. And thanks to luli for the title...you rock, girl!

Just a short intro chapter...I would say enjoy, but…

Booth opened his eyes to darkness and a dull pain throbbing through his body. Groaning, he sat up, struggling to put together what exactly had happened. The last thing he remembered, he had been in his office, talking to Bones…

“Bones?” Panicked, he turned his head quickly, blinking the dust out of his eyes, trying to see through the darkness. Shoving splintered wood off him, he staggered to his feet, wincing in pain. “Bones!” Hearing nothing, he looked around wildly.

The space he was in was no more than eight feet wide, and he had to bend over to miss hitting his head in the cramped space. The floor was littered with splintered wood and debris from the building. Straining through the gloom, he finally spied a lock of auburn hair, buried under a pile of rubble. Reaching her, he fell to his knees, frantically pulling the pieces of debris off her.

She was lying on her side, looking pale in the dim light. Her lack of response made his heart skip a beat; reaching out, he pressed his fingers to her throat, breathing a sigh of relief when he felt the faint but steady pulse there. “Temperance?” He gently brushed dust from her face, looking down at her tenderly.

Now that he knew she was alive, just unconscious, his thoughts turned back to what he could remember. They had been in his office, going over their latest case. They had just finished talking to the victim’s brother…the next thing he knew, they were buried beneath the building, obvious victims of a terrorist bombing of the federal building. It was the only thing that made sense.

He blocked thoughts of his friends and colleagues that had been in the building this afternoon out of his mind; he would worry about that later. Right now, he had to focus on getting himself and his partner out of here.

xxx

Pain. All she felt was pain, shooting through her body. She couldn’t open her eyes, couldn’t move. She thought she could hear a voice from far away, but she tuned it out and tried to focus on where she was. She had been going to see Booth, but after that, there was nothing. No memories of anything else. Had she even gotten there? She couldn’t remember…

The sound came again, louder this time, and with a huge effort managed to turn her head toward the voice. She moaned at the pain that shot through her.

“Temperance?”

“Booth?” She slowly opened her eyes and saw Booth, sitting beside her; even in the shadowy darkness she could see the concern in his eyes.

“Bones, thank God!” He took her hand. “You had me worried there for a minute.”

“Where…” She started to ask, but was interrupted by a fit of coughing that sent even more waves of pain shooting through her.

Booth looked on helplessly till the coughing subsided. “Just take it easy, Temperance, okay?”

“What happened?” She was dismayed to hear how faint her voice was.

Booth shrugged. “I don’t know. My best guess is that there was a bomb in the building, but I’m really not sure.” He looked down at her. “Are you okay?”

“I…” She coughed once more, wiping her mouth with her hand, then took a shaky breath. Looking down at the drops of blood on her palm, she shivered, then looked up at her partner. “I don’t think so.”
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Fade Away, by flyersfan Empty Re: Fade Away, by flyersfan

Post by BGWGscienceteacher Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:46 am

Interesting. I'm so glad your musie is back from Bones vacation. PPS

BGWGscienceteacher
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 41
Say What You Want : \"You don't have your homework? This is my problem how?\"
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:16 pm

Me want more! Smile

Interesting story! Smile Me want mooore Wink
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:32 pm

good that I know that you'll make it all good in the end.....
otherwise I would probably be crying by now.....Bones seems to be badly hurt.....it's not good to cough out blood.....
But I'm sure that Booth will get her out and to the next hospital soon.
PPS!

oh and congratulations for finally finding a title

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by fanofbones Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:36 am

sweeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttt...love it gma.....
awesome start and can't wait for more....love the title too....

toz - I didn't get the feeling the drops of blood were coming from her mouth.....drops could be from anywhere...like the side of her mouth or her palm cut.....lets not panic....yet......

trying to think positive here......tiny drops, tiny drops, tiny drops
Booth will make it better...yes he will...

more soon please....
fab
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2287
Say What You Want : What if I have nothing to say? Huh?
Don't push me....
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:13 pm

okay positive thinking......I can do that.......she is alright.....nothing bad will happen to her......Booth will make it all better.....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:55 pm

Well, here you go, chapter 2. And I must say thanks to all who read and reviewed, you all rock!

Assistant Director Cullen paced the street, barking orders at harried agents. He had been home, ready to take his wife out for their anniversary when the call came; there had been an explosion at the Hoover building. As close to panic as he had ever been, he had raced over to the scene. The destruction he saw there was enough to cause his heart to jump to his throat.

His immediate thought had been for the agents that had been inside when the bomb had gone off. Whoever had planned this hadn’t done their homework; it had been a Friday afternoon before the holiday weekend, so the building had been mostly empty. At least it was something to be thankful for.

His mind kept reciting names, even as he was yelling at the firefighters and bomb squad techs; Richards, Phillips, Booth…his best agents had been in that building… No, he wasn’t going to think about that now. That could come later. Right now, he had to concentrate on doing whatever he could to get his men rescued. There would be time to think about what he had lost later…

Waving down the fire chief, he started bombarding him with questions. “When the hell are you going in there?! I have men in that building!”

“Sir, please…”

“Is anyone even alive in there? Damn it, I need to know!”

“Sir, we’re doing everything we can.”

‘We’re doing everything we can’… The words echoed in Cullen’s mind. The last time he had heard them had been in the hospital, right before Amy had died…

The sound of his name being shouted brought him back to the present. Turning, he looked to see the squints, standing just behind the barrier, being blocked by three agents. Cullen groaned. He should’ve known that they would show up; they were extremely close to Booth. He was surprised, however, to see that Dr. Brennan was not among them. Bracing himself, he started towards them.

“Look, I don’t know…” he began.

“Where is Brennan? And Booth…please tell me they’re all right!” Angela’s voice was strained, and she was almost in tears. “They have to be all right…” She broke off, and Hodgins put an arm around her reassuringly.

“Wait…Dr. Brennan was with Booth?”

“Dr. Brennan went to meet Booth in his office.” Cam’s face was pale, her eyes haunted. “We’ve been trying to call them, but…” Her voice trailed off, leaving the rest unsaid. It didn’t matter; they all knew what she couldn’t quite bring herself to say.
Cullen rubbed a hand over his eyes. Dr. Brennan was in the building somewhere with Booth. Dead or alive, he didn’t know. As he looked into the faces of the squints, it was just starting to sink in…this could be much worse than he had first imagined.

xxx

Booth sat, his back against a part of what used to be his mahogany desk, his mind in chaos. Brennan lay beside him. He had placed his jacket under her head, and used some broken boards to elevate her legs, following her instructions for what to do to treat internal injuries and shock. She had been her usual self; reciting the conditions and treatment calmly and rationally. And he was scared to death.

She had told him what to look for, what to expect; sweating, dizziness, nausea, then, as it progressed, restlessness, aggression and struggling to breathe… Yes, she had told him everything…everything except the most important part; how to fix it.

That was the worst part…he felt so helpless. He had to get her out, get her to the hospital, but he couldn’t. He had tried moving some of the debris, trying to clear a path, but all he succeeded in doing was cause even more to fall. Everything was just too unstable…

But he couldn’t just sit here…that wasn’t his style. Picking up his phone, he tried dialing again. Miraculously, whether it was because it had been in his back pocket, and he had landed on his side, or by some divine intervention, his cell phone was intact. Unfortunately, buried as they were, he couldn’t get any signal…though a few times he managed to get one bar, but only for a second or two. But all he could do was keep trying…

“Booth?”

His heart leapt at the sound of her voice, still strong and steady. He silently prayed that she would stay strong till help could reach them. “Yeah, Bones?”

She looked up at him, and he could see the concern in her face. No matter what her words, she was scared. And that frightened him most of all…his Bones was always strong, always fighting. But what he saw in her eyes was resignation. “Stay with me, Temperance…”

“Talk to me.”

Her words touched him; it was like she wanted to cling to something, like his words were her only hope of doing that. “What do you want me to say?”

“Anything,” she whispered.

I know, that ending was kinda dumb, but it will get better, I promise.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:27 pm

it's rather hard to keep thinking positive, when Booth can't take her to the hospital.......but she seems to be alright for the moment......and we will just have to wait....and hope.....and believe that you wouldn't let something happen to her.....
I can't wait to read more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:58 am

Uuuuuuuh, angsty! Please, update soon.

Totally off topic, sorry, I just don't know where to post it: is it only me or does ff site not work today? It is not that the site doesn't open, it does, but there are no new stories for about...hmmm...10 hours by now? And when I try to make a comment to a story, it doesn't work either.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:55 am

I still love it Smile
If you can, please update soon Smile
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by fanofbones Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:01 pm

Well that was angsty as hell, but I absolutely adore it fly....
Poor Cullen. It was enough to deal with knowing your agents are in there, but to be confronted by the squints with Bones being in there too. Wow.
The end of the chapter was sweet and touching. I think it was perfect. I could think of nothing more I would want than for Booth to talk to me if I was laying there dying Wink He could even read from the phonebook Smile

I'm really gonna need more soon, hope musie is feeling rested and really to work

fab
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2287
Say What You Want : What if I have nothing to say? Huh?
Don't push me....

Back to top Go down

Post by Squintish Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:13 pm

Oh, you're scaring me, but I'm loving it. You will post soon, right?

Squintish

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:22 am

me thinks that fly may be taking lessons from ana and willi...........hmmmmmmmmmmmm
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708

Back to top Go down

Post by Shakari Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:24 am

=O You haven't updated this in a while. It's pretty good. Very Happy Are you going to finish it? Pleeeeeease??? <3
Shakari
Shakari
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1117
Say What You Want : Jesus is NOT a zombie!
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by queen bess Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:24 pm

oooo, angsty goodness! this is really very tense, but they're gonna be ok right? please update as this has me quite concerned!
queen bess
queen bess
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 17725
Say What You Want : demoted to countess...
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:15 pm

Oi...I'm soooo sorry! I have had absolutely NO inspiration for this in awhile...hopefully I will soon, though. I feel so bad, this is the only Bones fanfic I've ever left unfinished...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by Shakari Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:31 pm

()_()
(^^)

...it's...an inspiration bunny! Hop, hop, hopping your way!
*crosses fingers*
Shakari
Shakari
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:09 pm

Okay, first of all, I am so sorry it’s been so long since I posted. My only excuse is that I was very uninspired…but hopefully that’s all behind me. And I’m sorry that it’s another short chapter, but I guess it’s better than nothing…lol.

Anyway, thanks so much to those of you that read and reviewed, and I hope you’re still reading. Don’t give up, I’ve never left any story unfinished. (Well, except for my Angel sequel, but we won’t count that…) And I already have the next chapter started, so…

The sun was just beginning to set; the sky was on fire with color. It was a picture perfect spring day, a stark contrast to the scene that met passersby outside the site of the FBI building on Pennsylvania Avenue

A barrier had been set up around what remained of the federal building, and search and rescue teams had been dispatched to look for survivors. Angela, Hodgins, Cam and Sweets all stood across the street, waiting anxiously for any news of Booth and Brennan. Sweets had suggested they all go to the diner just down the street to wait, but Angela was adamant about staying close by for any news.

Cullen, meanwhile, was busy irritating the workers, and being mostly ignored. “Damn it, I need to know what’s going on! Have they found any survivors yet?”

“Look, sir, we’re doing all we can, but you have to stay out of the way and let us do our jobs. I’m sure you understand.” The harried fire chief turned away.

Cullen grabbed his arm, preventing his escape. “I understand that, but can you just please tell me what you’ve found so far?”

With a sigh, Chief Roberts turned back to the agent. “We have men sifting through the rubble, along with search and rescue dogs. We know there are people alive in there, but it takes time.” Noting the worry in the older man’s face, he softened. “I promise to let you know when there’s any news.”

Cullen just nodded, then turned and walked over to where the group of squints were gathered.

xxx

While outside there was noise and chaos, inside the scene was quite different. Brennan lay on the ground; Booth sat beside her, holding her hand. Outside he could hear distant shouts, and he could see pinpoints of light here and there between the debris, so he knew they were searching.

He had given up trying to dig his way out; every movement caused more and more loose stones to fall and he knew he was doing more harm than good. They would find them, for now he just had to wait, though that was easier said than done. Booth was a man of action; sitting around waiting for someone else to rescue him went against everything he was. But he knew it was for the best.

He had spent the last hour keeping both of them occupied, telling her about his family. He had carefully avoided much mention of his parents, instead recounting stories of his adventures with his brother Jared. The time they had been playing ball in the old lot at the end of their street and had broken the window of the house next door. Stealing a pack of their father’s cigarettes and smoking them behind the house, nearly getting sick and coughing themselves to death in the process. The time they had snuck into the movie theatre to see an R rated movie their mother had forbidden them to see…

A fit of coughing interrupted him, and he looked down, alarmed. “Bones? Are you okay?”

“I’m…fine…” she reassured him when the coughing subsided and she was able to speak. “Just…go on with your story.”

He knew she wasn’t fine; she was a long way from fine. But, apart from praying, which he had been doing since he had woken up and found himself in this nightmare, there wasn’t anything he could do except wait.

“Well, we only got to see about ten minutes of the movie before they caught us…luckily they only chased us out, they didn’t call our parents.” Brennan smiled weakly, but he knew she wasn’t really listening.

“You still with me, Bones?”

“Where else…would I be?”

He smiled; that was his Bones. “Nowhere.”

She lay there for a few more moments, her hand in his, before breaking the silence. “It’s nice that you had that time with your brother.”

Booth heard the wistfulness in her voice, and his heart ached. He knew she was thinking about Russ. “It wasn’t all fun and games, Bones.” He tried to sound lighthearted, but failed miserably. “A lot of the time, we didn’t even get along.”

“I wish I wouldn’t have lost all that time with Russ…”

“Don’t.” He shook his head, his voice firm. He was not going to allow her to do this. “You’ll have time to make it up, I promise.”

“Booth. We might not…”

“Temperance, I swear to you, we are going to get out of here.” Squeezing her hand, he pulled out his cell phone in an attempt to change the subject. “Well, let’s give this another try.”

Brennan smiled, but inside she was afraid. She knew time was running out; she could feel her body getting weaker by the minute. She appreciated his attempts to keep her spirits up, but she didn’t want to give him false hope. But arguing with him was too tiring, so she stayed silent, though she knew he would have to face the harsh reality soon. If they didn’t find them soon, she wasn’t going to make it.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by missdebra87 Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:13 pm

Yes, it was a long wait! But worth it. I enjoyed it! They're going to find them soon, right? Hopefully we won't have to wait as long to see what happens next. Good job!
missdebra87
missdebra87
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16433
Say What You Want : Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Teacher Certification, Departmental Recognition, Magna Cum Laude
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Shakari Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:14 am

Woohoo! *praises bunny* Good fluffy, good fluffy.

Thanks for updating! <3
Shakari
Shakari
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:14 am

This is very good, flyersfan!!! Please post soon!!!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:24 am

I still like the story....and I can wait for updates if I have to.....but I want them out of there soon!
You have to let them out of the building soon.....she will die if you don't!

PPS!!!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kajunblueyes Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:55 pm

ooohhhhhhhh PPS!!! I love this one!!!!
~~~~~~~~Cassie~~~~~~~
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 133
Say What You Want : \"When you hear the words 'We think it's Cancer' it puts everything into perspective
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:10 am

Thanks all! Glad you liked it, and the next chapter should be up soon...hopefully...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by hijinx Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:52 pm

Please continue on .... I love the reaction of Booth is this situation!
hijinx
hijinx

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum