Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That gum incident (fluffly double drabble, post-Santa in the Slush, PG-rated)

+2
ToZiKa
shipperatheart
6 posters

Go down

That gum incident (fluffly double drabble, post-Santa in the Slush, PG-rated) Empty That gum incident (fluffly double drabble, post-Santa in the Slush, PG-rated)

Post by shipperatheart Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:09 am

Author's notes:
In the Show discussion aisle of this smorgasbord of Bones offerings that is the ABY, there's a thread for everyone to chip in and share their thoughts about what we want or expect in season 4: [Only admins are allowed to see this link].

It included the following post:
shipperatheart wrote:Also, I always imagined a scene soon after Santa where Booth was totally freaked out by seeing Brennan chewing gum; bonus points if it’s in the presence of the other team members and he can’t explain why he desperately wants her to stop playing with the gum. That would be rich. *runs off to write a drabble about that instead*

And the drabble I ran off to write, came out like this...
(I already posted this on my LJ but someone reminded me that it wouldn't hurt to post it here as well)

Title: That gum incident
Word count: 200
Spoilers: Santa in the Slush
Timeline: some time after Santa in the Slush
Summary: Double drabble. Fluff. Booth is extremely distraught by Brennan’s…oral antics.

She absently stretched the white, rubbery mass out between tongue and teeth, swirled her tongue around it, drew it back into her mouth, pressed it against the back of her teeth. Then she repeated the cycle. Again. And again.

"Do you mind?!"

"What?" Large, innocent eyes.

His face flushed bright red with frustration.

What? she asks! How dense can she possibly be?

A rock and a hard place. He couldn’t make her stop without inferring that her antics triggered all too vivid memories of their mistletoe kiss but he couldn't refer to it without divulging that it happened. And he'd be damned if he would share with the rest of this class.

With a mildly acrimonious tone, he started, "As you might recall…” Pause. “I had that little incident with gum last Christmas?" he prompted emphatically.

As if at a tennis match, Angela, Cam and Hodgins simultaneously turned their heads to look at Brennan. Equally fascinated and befuddled, they saw a lovely shade of crimson instantly blossom on her cheeks.

"Excuse me."

The sanctum of her trusty office provided a safe haven from her colleagues and that mortifying if somewhat puzzling exchange.

Note to self: no more gum around Booth.
shipperatheart
shipperatheart
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Back to top Go down

That gum incident (fluffly double drabble, post-Santa in the Slush, PG-rated) Empty Re: That gum incident (fluffly double drabble, post-Santa in the Slush, PG-rated)

Post by ToZiKa Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:33 am

that was just hilarious....maybe a little too short....but I liked it!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

That gum incident (fluffly double drabble, post-Santa in the Slush, PG-rated) Empty Re: That gum incident (fluffly double drabble, post-Santa in the Slush, PG-rated)

Post by Cassiopeia Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:39 am

Funny. I loved it. Wink
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:25 pm

oh, funny! loved it
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3762
Say What You Want : don't provoke the lunatic!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:35 am

LOL!!! Laughing
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shopgirl909 Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:38 am

Oh come on! What do the squints think??? Write more please!!
shopgirl909
shopgirl909
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 401
Location : San Diego, CA...though I wish it were London...*sigh*
Say What You Want : I want to be able to see more of the world.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down