Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ign reviews Man in the Mud with new ideas about characters. by suzyquzy

Go down

ign reviews Man in the Mud with new ideas about characters. by suzyquzy Empty ign reviews Man in the Mud with new ideas about characters. by suzyquzy

Post by wee little puppet man Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:05 am

Posted 18/04/2008 11:08:27 AM

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I really enjoyed this take on all the character
and relationship development. I really believe
this writer watches Bones on a regular basis.
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 767
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

ign reviews Man in the Mud with new ideas about characters. by suzyquzy Empty space

Post by wee little puppet man Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:05 am

Posted 18/04/2008 11:29:36 AM

I don't get this:

Quote :This show is driven by the strained and sexual relationship between its two protagonists, but this season their relationship has taken a new turn as they have become masters of their own misogyny. Fortunately, this restructuring plays out well and the show is just as interesting sans the continual uncomfortable moments.

She makes it sound like they are already sexually involved... and misogyny means 'hatred of women'... I'm just confused...

Totally concur (using your word Sarah!) with her take on Zack and Jack though.

And this:

Quote :The conclusion of this episode saw the murderess escape conviction, but the overall affect of placing guilt is done in true Brennan style where unwavering logic and merciless honesty sees that some justice is paid even when the judiciary system falls short.

Very well said...

I just don't get the first part... anyone else??
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

ign reviews Man in the Mud with new ideas about characters. by suzyquzy Empty marymageli

Post by wee little puppet man Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:06 am

Posted 18/04/2008 12:10:39 AM

Quote :While on the date the two couples encountered a complete role-reversal where Sweets and his girlfriend April proved to be the dysfunctional couple and Booth and Brennan the capable and reliable team.

I have to say I love reading reviews because my attention and mind are usually drawn back to those points which I might not have realised earlier. The same thing happened this time since I hadn't actually thought of this role-reversal, but after reading this particular review,I whole-heartedly agree with the writer of the article.

One more comment. My dear friends! If we, viewers don't recognise the signs of how good BB's non-couple relationship function probably better that of other couples (like April and Sweets), then what should we expect from BB who are always at constant denial and comfortable with being blind?

I really loved this article; the writer must be a BONES fan, and my overall expression was that it wasn't just a job to get her through.
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

ign reviews Man in the Mud with new ideas about characters. by suzyquzy Empty marymageli

Post by wee little puppet man Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:07 am

Posted 18/04/2008 12:11:44 AM

Thanks suzy for the article. I always forget to give credit!! My mistake.
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

ign reviews Man in the Mud with new ideas about characters. by suzyquzy Empty Sarah9488

Post by wee little puppet man Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:07 am

Posted 18/04/2008 06:37:36 PM

Uhhh, I have a word. Though sadly, I stole it from Brennan (Mummy in the Maze)...

But I don't really understand the first part (see space's comment) either. I just don't get what misogyny is supposed to mean in this context.

Quote :mary wrote: One more comment. My dear friends! If we, viewers don't recognise the signs of how good BB's non-couple relationship function probably better that of other couples (like April and Sweets), then what should we expect from BB who are always at constant denial and comfortable with being blind?

However, I had the feeling Sweets sees Brennan and Booth as role-models. He sees how they are bicker and tries it with April, but fails. I just didn't get to the next level to say they are a better couple than real ones.
But I reckon that Brennan does know there's more to Booth and her than being "Just partners". I'd say since Season 3. I watched some season 3 fanvids today and I must say that she looks at him like she's slowly falling for him (or sometimes head over heals).
And if you rewatch the scene in the hospital when she thanks Booth for Russ with this little peck. He has to gulp and his face has this look you don't have when you don't feel anything for someone.
In my opinion they are not blind, but they don't want to admit it to themselves.

However, thanks for posting, suzy!
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by wee little puppet man Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:08 am

Posted 18/04/2008 07:10:13 PM

...OK, I should have written pretending to be blind...Yeah, they must know something deep inside, but they are comfortable not admitting it.

And Sarah, I do remember Booth making funny faces when Brennan gives him a peck. I have rewatched it many times! Of course he must have felt something, something special for sure! Smile
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

ign reviews Man in the Mud with new ideas about characters. by suzyquzy Empty Re: ign reviews Man in the Mud with new ideas about characters. by suzyquzy

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum