Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Letter by willgirl

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Letter by willgirl Empty The Letter by willgirl

Post by wee little puppet man Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:53 am

Posted 03/12/2007 09:03:01 PM

A/N: So this came to me at work and originally it was going to be a oneshot but now I see it as four chapters long. For A2b, for her birthday! The Lyrics are from a song called Write You a Letter by Ray Lamontagne. You can listen to it here if you want:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

If I told you how I'm feeling
And how my heart was always reeling
Then maybe you could understand me a little better
If I was to write you a letter

Booth sat, pen in hand staring at the blank paper in front of him. He had hoped that this time version would work out better than the oral presentation he gave earlier in her office.

He groaned as he remembered the look of shock on her face as he tried to stumble through an explanation of his feelings for her. Gone were the snappy comebacks, the teasing, all he did was ramble on about partnership and then end with 'how bout it?'

It was disaster and nothing less. She just stared at him and then made some comment about how she didn't know what he was talking about and that she had to get back to work.

So here he was, sitting at his kitchen table, trying to make sense of his feelings so that he could put them on paper.

Dear Bones

No, he scratched that out.

Dear Temperance.

Now that's better. But he didn't know how to start. I mean he can't launch straight in with the l-word, she would get freaked out and rip up the letter and pretend she never got it.

Dear Temperance,
I wanted to write to explain about what happened in your office today.

That definitely works. Moving on.

I've come to develop feelings for you that I can't explain.

No wait, that doesn't sound right. He can definitely explain them. He's in love with her. He knows that.

He twirled the pen in his hand and looked down at the nearly blank letter. He needed to get on with this.

Dear Temperance,
I wanted to write and explain about what happened in your office today. We've been partners for a long time and I know how important it is in a partnership to be honest with each other.
There. That's not bad. The honesty thing is true. He felt the ideas coming and he began to write again.

To be blunt, I'm in love with you Bones. It might scare you. I know it terrifies me. I worry about everything that could happen. You rejecting me, Cullen splitting us up. But at the same time, I need you in my life. As more than a partner.

He was on a roll now, his pen moving quickly across the page.

I need you, all of you and I won't accept anything less. I once told you that everything happens eventually, well this is eventually. I need you beside me for the rest of my life.

He stared down at what he just wrote. If that didn't scare her away, he didn't know what would. He raised his pen to scratch it out but then continued.

If you don't feel the same way, then I understand. But don't run away from this, from us. Please give us a chance.

There. It was short but it should do the trick. He hoped something good would come out of it. Something better than good. He rewrote the letter quickly and shoved it in an envelope, sealing it shut before he changed his mind.

He got his jacket on and made his way over to her apartment, where he propped the letter up against the door. He made himself turn and leave quickly, knowing that in that letter, were words that could completely destroy their friendship.

And if I told you how I worry
Isn't how I always seem to hurry
And maybe you would understand me a little better
If I was to write you a letter

--Last edited by willgirl on 2007-12-03 21:10:29 --
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 767
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

The Letter by willgirl Empty jerseybones

Post by wee little puppet man Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:11 am

Posted 03/12/2007 09:11:15 PM

Will that was so sweet. I melt at the thought of our strong, hunky, sexy Booth feeling all shy and insecure. Oh god, what are you going to post next?

Last edited by wee little puppet man on Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:17 am; edited 2 times in total
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

The Letter by willgirl Empty Glug Glug Woohoo

Post by wee little puppet man Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:15 am

Posted 03/12/2007 09:16:20 PM

OH MY GOD! That was wonderfuly written willi (then again when have your stories not been wonderfully written) I can't wait for the next chatper! PPS!

Last edited by wee little puppet man on Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

The Letter by willgirl Empty A2BOREANAZ

Post by wee little puppet man Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:16 am

Posted 03/12/2007 09:25:01 PM

oh willi.......i so loved it.......and cant wait for more....and thank you thank you thank you.........and we get at least 3 more chapters.......ahhhhhhhhhhhh and the song....omg.....it was so beautiful.......oh this is so not a black willi production...but more a white lilly production.......you so fucking rock...love you man........your #1 fan..........
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

The Letter by willgirl Empty Bella Loony

Post by wee little puppet man Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:18 am

Posted 03/12/2007 11:12:06 PM

Awww, Willi, that was so sweet!!

NOW WHERE THE FUCK IS MY STORY!!!

I can't wait for her to read it and respond, such a good set up!!

Bella
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

The Letter by willgirl Empty BGWGscienceteacher

Post by wee little puppet man Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:19 am

Posted 04/12/2007 02:18:37 AM

Very nice. I can't wait to read more. PPS
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

The Letter by willgirl Empty CheeseBK

Post by wee little puppet man Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:20 am

Posted 04/12/2007 03:21:14 AM

I loved it.... Thinking of the right words, scratching out the wrong ones.... awwww

but, hey... she opens the door, right,.... eh?
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

The Letter by willgirl Empty willgirl

Post by wee little puppet man Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:21 am

Posted 04/12/2007 01:07:04 PM

Here's the next chapter! I wrote it during my lunch break so I hope it's okay. Thanks for all the reviews! The song is Will You Still Love me Tommorrow. I like the Amy Winehouse version.

Tonight you're mine completely
You give your love so sweetly
Tonight the light of love is in your eyes
Will you love me tomorrow?

Tonight with words unspoken
And you say that I'm the only one, the only one, yeah
But will my heart be broken
When the night meets the morning star?

Brennan heard a shuffling at the door and slowly approached, peeking through the keyhole. She saw Booth run his fingers through his hair, place something against the door and turn away. She leaned against the door and sighed.

What happened today in her office shocked her and she didn't know how to react. She knew exactly what he was talking about, even though she pretended she didn't. What he said to her changed them, and she was desperate to regain some semblance of their partnership, their friendship the way it used to be.

He ruined everything.

She peeked out the door and seeing that he wasn't there, cautiously opened it. A letter was at her feet and she picked it up, her fingers tracing over his handwriting.

She turned back into her apartment and opened the envelope carefully. She pulled out a folded letter and started to read, puzzled by the lines throughout the page.

Dear Bones,

But then that was crossed out and instead he wrote Dear Temperance. She had to smile at that. Her nickname, once annoying, was now just so…..them.

Her hand shifted the paper and she realized that there were two pages. Lifting up the second, she found a more polished version of the letter.

'He must have accidently slipped the draft into the envelope.' She mused.

She continued to read the draft, her body moving towards the couch. She sat down, never tearing her eyes from the page.

Dear Temperance,
I wanted to write and explain about what happened in your office today. We've been partners for a long time and I know how important it is in a partnership to be honest with each other.

Well that was definitely true. She tried to be honest with him as much as possible. Except for this. She couldn't even be honest with herself about the feelings that were swirling inside her.

She felt a wave of guilt wash over her. He was just trying to be honest and she pushed him away. But that was all she knew how to do. Push people away.

To be blunt, I'm in love with you Bones. It might scare you. I know it terrifies me. I worry about everything that could happen. You rejecting me, Cullen splitting us up. But at the same time, I need you in my life. As more than a partner.

Her heart pounded rapidly as she read this. He loved her. She knew about his feelings from the way he would do things, but love? That was entirely different. She couldn't handle love, didn't want to handle love.

I need you, all of you and I won't accept anything less. I once told you that everything happens eventually, well this is eventually. I need you beside me for the rest of my life.

A tear slipped down her cheek at his revelation. He wanted something that she wasn't sure she was able to give. He deserved so much more than her. But at the same time, she knew she wanted him, knew the lust and the sexual tension and something else, something she was unsure of, was simmering in her belly.

If you don't feel the same way, then I understand. But don't run away from this, from us. Please give us a chance.

She folded up the letter and wiped away her tears. Immediately she moved to her office and grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, knowing that she had to respond. But what should she say? She felt conflicted and didn't know what to do. So she lay her head down on her desk and began to cry.

I'd like to know that your love
Is love I can be sure of
So tell me now, cause I won't ask again
Will you still love me tomorrow?
Will you still love me tomorrow?
Yeah

--Last edited by willgirl on 2007-12-04 13:07:40 --
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by wee little puppet man Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:22 am

Posted 04/12/2007 01:21:11 PM

ah, brennan, you write books, you surely will be able to answer this...

i love this, will!!!
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

The Letter by willgirl Empty BGWGscienceteacher

Post by wee little puppet man Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:23 am

Posted 04/12/2007 04:11:48 PM

So sad! I wish she woudl get a grip on her past, and realize what she is missing out on. PPS

Last edited by wee little puppet man on Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

The Letter by willgirl Empty fanofbones

Post by wee little puppet man Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:24 am

Posted 04/12/2007 10:54:33 PM

OMG willi that is just beautiful and freakin so sweet.........a letter......so romantic....
I'm holding my breath awaiting her reply...
I love it....brilliant as always....love the fluff

hugs sweetie
fab
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

The Letter by willgirl Empty jerseybones

Post by wee little puppet man Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:35 am

Posted 05/12/2007 00:43:47 AM

Heartwrenching. Poor Brennan needing love more than most from having it denied so long and yet afraid to fully remember what it feels like. She needs a "guy" hug.
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by wee little puppet man Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:35 am

Posted 06/12/2007 00:04:07 AM

i had no idea you posted a second chapter......oh my willi..most fluffy and amazing.......oh the tears they shed over one another....the pain they go thru........being all alone....but yet he is right there for the taking.....oh i wonder what she is going to say.....i can hardly contain my excitement......please post soon.....please....
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by wee little puppet man Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:37 am

He sat on the bed with his head in his hands, just like his father used to do. He had saved the bedroom for last and now he was regretting it. It should have been done first, but he couldn't bear to go through their private things.

Even now it felt strange, being here without them. He sighed and started going through the drawers. He pulled out photos, receipts and some other pieces of paper. He moved from drawer to drawer, finding more and more things.

Articles about Tempe in the newspaper, photos of them at the Grand Canyon. He sorted through each of the drawers, throwing out what he deemed unimportant.

He looked around the room and decided not to tackle the closets quite yet. The sight of his dad's crazy ties and striped socks would make him break down, and he couldn't do that yet. He still had a job to do.

He made his way over to 'the chest.' He smiled as he remembered when Tempe brought home the chest, an impulse buy from an antique dealer. His dad teased her all her life about the chest and how much she paid for it, but she just smiled and said it was worth it.

He opened the top, which gave out a little creak, and immediately tears came to his eyes. There were pictures of him when he was little taped to the underside of the lid along with pictures of them on their wedding day.

He pulled out his old baseball trophy, the special MVP one. Next came a carved mask from their trip to Nairobi.

One by one he pulled out item after item, laughing over some, shedding tears over others. He reached for the last item, a stack of envelopes.

"Parker?"

He turned around to see his wife standing in the doorway.

"How's it going?" Denise asked, coming to sit down next to him.

He shrugged his shoulders and she looped her arm around his and rested her head against his shoulder.

"I miss them." He choked out.

She nodded. "Me too. What's that?"

He looked down at the envelopes in his hand, bound together by ribbon.

"I don't know." He replied, pulling off the ribbon and opening the first one.

'Dear Temperance' Parker read.

"It's the letter." He said in amazement.

"The letter?"

"The one my dad wrote that made them fall in love. I didn't think she still kept this."

Parker remembered how his dad used to tease her about the letter and how it made her fall in love with him. She used to retort that she hadn't heard him be that articulate since.

They read the letter together, tears blotting the page. He was amazed to discover there were more letters. Letters they had written when they were apart, love notes he had scrawled to her and left by her bed. Even the infamous marriage post-it was there.

Parker laughed as he remembered what his dad told him right before he was going to propose to Denise.

'Just be direct about it.' Booth said. 'Don't have a lot of plans. They will blow up in your face.'

'How did you ask Tempe to marry you?' Parker asked.

'Post-it.' Booth casually replied.

'Post-it?' he said incredulously.

'We were out to a fancy dinner where I was going to ask her. Then we got called into a case and over the next few days we were so busy. I kept trying to corral her to talk to her, but you know how Bones is when she gets focused. Finally, I got frustrated, wrote will you marry me on a post-it and stuck it to her computer.'

'What happened?' Parker asked.

'I didn't hear from her for the rest of the day and at night she didn't mention anything about it. I figured I scared her off and I was sweating bullets. But the next day, I went to flash my badge to the main suspect and there inside, was a post-it that said yes.'

Parker and Denise read through each of the letters until they came to the last one. He opened it and found the letter she had written in response to his. He felt Denise squeeze his hand and he looked over at her.

"I love you." He said.

She smiled and reached up to brush the tears away from his face. "I love you too."

They were both gone, but they were still here with him. In his heart and in these letters. For the first time since they had died, he began to feel better.

Dear Booth,

I don't know what to say, I mean I do, but…..this is hard. Harder then I thought it was going to be. You and I make a great team and I don't want to lose that if we start something.

I'm sorry about today in my office. You looked at me and I got scared. Scared of what we were about to become. No, actually scared about who we already were.

Because I realized that we are already closer than partners, closer than friends.

So I want to give us a chance.

Love,

Bones.

A/N: So….how many people are mad at me? I hope you like this ending. I could have gone the whole write a letter, kiss and make up route, but this rang a little truer for me. Plus you still got to see what she wrote! Anyway, it’s the end of this one, but I still have Moments, A Charismatic Evil and Family Christmas that I'm posting, if you're interested! Thanks for all the reviews!
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

The Letter by willgirl Empty space

Post by wee little puppet man Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:38 am

Posted 06/12/2007 01:22:11 PM

OKay, I was pissed at the start of Ch. 3, but by the end, I felt it couldn't get any more perfect... and the Post-It proposal... where do you come up with this stuff? that was awesome! Loved it Will - perfect 3-shot!
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

The Letter by willgirl Empty Turi ray of sunshine

Post by wee little puppet man Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:39 am

Posted 06/12/2007 01:27:17 PM

Mad at you Willi?!?!?

Why would anyone get upset about the way you ended this!!

I for one LOVE IT!!!.. it was a perfect ending!... I know must of the fics are with the purpose of getting B&B together and get their love confessions ... but to me this is PERFECTION!... we still get a glimpse of what it was after they got together... as you said we got to read the letter as well.

I was LOL at the post-it part... just to picture Booth thinking he's blown it ... just to find a "YES" stuck to his badge!... LOVED EVERY SINGLE PART OF IT!

WONDERFUL... AWESOME .... GREAT.... FANTASTIC.... FABULOUS!!!!!
and I need a dictionary to come up with more terms to describe how good this was!

--Last edited by Turi ray of sunshine on 2007-12-06 13:28:44 --
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

The Letter by willgirl Empty he is a wee little puppet man

Post by wee little puppet man Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:40 am

Posted 06/12/2007 02:03:34 PM

will,

i would never be mad at you either, i cried throughout, very poignant! hit a little too close but thats ok, very sweet fic!

the post-it got me thru it, i honestly started to hit the back button and quit reading but i forced myself and the post-it helped me get through. bravo.

dont take it that i meant this was bad, in no way was this bad, it was my dad's birthday sunday and well, he is gone and well

ok enough about me, i loved this will!
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by wee little puppet man Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:41 am

Posted 06/12/2007 05:19:39 PM

okay......mad????????? hmmmmmmmmmmmm HOW ABOUT PISSED...thats what a2b is......you obviously thought that this was someone elses story.......cause in mine, i dont remember anyone dying......no one would have died......i am very upset......i cant believe you did this to me......i should have known i couldnt trust you.....here i am bragging that my story had multiple chapters.......you could have had them having sex and them having multlple orgasms......but no.....what do i get?????? death.....both of them...gone.....parker crying......i will nevertrust you again willi.....nope...nada...zilch.....never ever....dont get me wrong......it was fantastic......but trust is gone...i am shocked and my jaw is to the floor.....still cant believe it....and i am supposed to go over and decorate a tree with my friends....how can i be jolly.....booth and breannan are dead.....i'm glad they dont have any animals.....you would probably torture them....I AM VERY UPSET...i have no more words....my words are hmmmmmmm
DEADlike booth and bones......gone......like booth and bones......it started so good......and oh my.....i dont want you to write me any more fics....please promise me that....no more....not for my birthday or any holiday.....cause apparently i remind you of DEATHthis could have been such a happy time.....did you talk to hart recently....did she put you up to this......she is like that....i can see her evil smile now....and her evil laugh......muahhhaaaa this will get a2b all riled up...do it willi.......make them DIEwell you did make them die, and i am very upset.......cant make that clear enough.....i didnt like my story......sorry willi.......
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

The Letter by willgirl Empty fanofbones

Post by wee little puppet man Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:41 am

Posted 06/12/2007 08:48:17 PM

well.........................................................
what to say..............................................
poor a2b.....her beautiful fluffy story..........
**fab is hugging and consoling a2b**
there there sweetie......willi will make it better in another fic.....after all...she didn't really kill them.....they just died.....
willi will make it up to you......k?

of course it was well written and beautiful from Parker's point of view......and touching and cute (badge) and sweet but sad..... :-)

fab
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by wee little puppet man Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:42 am

Posted 07/12/2007 00:36:30 AM

okay....i think i may have been a bit harsh with my willi...but you did make booth and brennan dead....but then again i should have seen it coming....like a giant meteor crashing out of the sky..you are the other half of the cruella twins...(hart being the other half)...you are so fucking brilliant willi...i cant be upset with you.....thats where the fic needed to go and well you took it there...even though it was DEATH....talent girl..you have it and i again thank you for sharing it with us...if i compared your brilliance with a star, it would be sirius the dog star....the brightest star....for your talent exceeds all...so even though you stole my batteries to my christmas spirit light and you had my b/b die.....i bow down to you.......every post rocks our booth socks...and as i have said before.....we are so lucky to have you not only as our administrator but one of our writers also........thanks willi for all your hard work you do for us.........and also for entertaining us as well ...love you man.........a2b
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by wee little puppet man Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:43 am

Posted 07/12/2007 02:56:04 AM

oh... my... god... this was brilliant...
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by wee little puppet man Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:44 am

Posted 07/12/2007 12:50:25 AM

Quote :okay....i think i may have been a bit harsh with my willi...but you did make booth and brennan dead....but then again i should have seen it coming....like a giant meteor crashing out of the sky..you are the other half of the cruella twins...(hart being the other half)...you are so fucking brilliant willi...i cant be upset with you.....thats where the fic needed to go and well you took it there...even though it was DEATH....talent girl..you have it and i again thank you for sharing it with us...if i compared your brilliance with a star, it would be sirius the dog star....the brightest star....for your talent exceeds all...so even though you stole my batteries to my christmas spirit light and you had my b/b die.....i bow down to you.......every post rocks our booth socks...and as i have said before.....we are so lucky to have you not only as our administrator but one of our writers also........thanks willi for all your hard work you do for us.........and also for entertaining us as well ...love you man.........a2b

Thanks A2b. I was having a bad day at work but you cheered me up!
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by wee little puppet man Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:45 am

Posted 07/12/2007 02:39:27 PM

well because you gave me all those batteries, my christmas spirit light is veery bright.......so i have to share it.....glad i cheered you up......maybe writing some fluff would make you even happier.....yeah......it would i bet....you can slip something fluffy into 'evil'....like booth wearing a fluffy pair of socks.....or bones wearing a fluffy scarf...ha ha......
wee little puppet man
wee little puppet man
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

The Letter by willgirl Empty Re: The Letter by willgirl

Post by ForensicMama Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:25 am

The ending made me want to bawl. But it was sooooooo good!!! It was perfect! Great job!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Memphis Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:45 pm

wow....i'm speechless!!!

You're an awesome writer!!!

That was beautiful!!
Memphis
Memphis
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 154
Say What You Want : Hmm..I'm very down to earth!! I'm in LOVE with Justin Timberlake! Music is my life!! I'm learning how to play guitar! I'm very opinionated and I speak my mind. Anything else?? Just ask....
Registration date : 2008-07-19

http://www.myspace.com/ginalanae

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum