Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will You? - K, B&B, FLUFFY GOODNESS, One-shot Author: Space

Go down

Will You? - K, B&B, FLUFFY GOODNESS, One-shot  Author: Space Empty Will You? - K, B&B, FLUFFY GOODNESS, One-shot Author: Space

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:33 am

A/N: Hmmm… not sure if you can classify this as a song-fic, but it is a fic and there is a song in it, so credit is due: Amy Winehouse, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow. Also, credit to [g]Willi[/g] for issuing this song as a challenge in the Writing Exercises. And of course, muchas gracias to [g]TemperTemper[/g] for the beta!

Disclaimer: Anything you recognize is not mine!

---------------------------------------

It was a good day.

Case solved, murderer jailed, justice served. Clean. Just how we like ‘em.

I was driving her back to the Lab after our final interrogation. And she was driving me crazy.

Like that doll. Chatty Cathy, right? Mile-a-minute, non-stop chatter.

Really I didn’t mind it that much. I’d much rather see her like this than sad or upset. Or angry at me.

First it was the case – the brilliant last-minute discovery by her team that broke it wide open.

Then it was something Russ had reminded her of at her last visit with him. I secretly cherish those times when she gives me glimpses of her childhood. Especially when it’s the good times she’s recalling.

Then it was a detail that Angela had filled her in on regarding the investigation of her Fijian spouse.

And I was listening. Really. Actively.

At least at first.

But then I got distracted with traffic – Did you see that moron who just cut me off? – or the rain – How can it rain when the sun is shining? – or her lips. The ones that just asked me a question.

“What was that Bones?” I asked, as I started scanning radio stations.

“I was just wondering if you would… Oh, that one Booth. Go back!”

“What? Which…”

She smacked my hand away and punched the button back a few times. Then, cranking the volume, “I love this song…”

And it’s not Tibetan Throat Singers?

She started humming along to what I realized was a new twist on a familiar tune. A rather sultry twist.

Tonight with words unspoken
And you say that I'm the only one, the only one, yeah
But will my heart be broken
When the night meets the morning star?

The sun reflecting through the water droplets left on the windshield from the brief (freaky sunshine) shower, caused her to reflect. And I don’t mean that introspectively. She was so shiny. Her eyes sparkled, her hair glinted, the tiny beads on the silver chain around her neck spun the shards of sunlight into radiant beams of color, shifting and dancing along with every bob of her head to the music.

I was blinded. Not literally; maybe introspectively.

She’s so beautiful when she’s happy. Hell, who am I kidding? She’s beautiful all the time.

I realized that interspersed with her humming were sporadic words from the song.

I'd like to know that your love
Is love I can be sure of

She was crooning huskily along with the songstress and my right ear was throbbing with the sound – so close, and yet not close enough.

I chanced another glance at her, out the side of my sunglasses – she was smiling, her eyes closed, head tilted back against the headrest, moving side-to-side with the music. Her hands rested lightly on her thighs and her fingers tapped along with the rhythm of the drums. She looked so comfortable, so carefree.

I don’t get to see this side of Bones very often… not without feeling like I need to look around for the other shoe that is inevitably getting ready to drop… or the explosive refrigerator.

My grip on the steering wheel was gradually becoming the white-knuckled variety, trying to control myself; to refrain from grabbing her hand. If for no other reason than to let her know I’m still here.

Will you still love me tomorrow?
Will you still love me tomorrow?

Those words being sung by her lips rang in my ears long after the song had ended. So when her voice finally penetrated through my addled brain, surely you can understand my shock.

Will you Booth?”

Will I? Will I what? Is she talking about the song? Oh God… I…

“Huh?” I managed to say, rather articulately if you ask me.

“Tomorrow?”

I squeaked. I couldn’t believe it, but I heard it. My mouth was hanging open, I’m sure I looked like a damn fool - and I squeaked. What is she doing to me?

Okay, be a man. Just answer her.

“Sure Bones. Um… tomorrow.”

“Okay, well the movers are going be there at eight. So, would you wanna come about seven thirty and maybe bring some breakfast? I’ll make coffee… the good Columbian you like?”

Movers? My brain was slow with the transition… and that’s when it hit me. Bones is anything but slow with transitions. Her mind can turn on a dime… hell, on a nano-dime. She wasn’t talking about the song at all.

A bittersweet wave of relief passed through me, as my emotions caught up to reality. “Breakfast? Okay, sure. I can do breakfast.”

“Thanks Booth.”

It was at that moment, I pulled up to the rear entrance of the Lab. She gathered up her purse and made to reach for the door handle.

And it was then that I made a decision; one that, as of yet, I haven’t regretted. I looked at her… yep, still beautiful. She smiled at me and that sealed it.

“Bones, it’s a beautiful day. Case is over and we have a free afternoon. You wanna, I don’t know, go to the park or something? Maybe grab some dinner later?”

How does that old saying go? Why put off until tomorrow what you can do today?

FIN.

-----------------------------------------------

[i]Thanks for reading![/i
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Will You? - K, B&B, FLUFFY GOODNESS, One-shot  Author: Space Empty Re: Will You? - K, B&B, FLUFFY GOODNESS, One-shot Author: Space

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:17 am

oh, very nice space.... loved it

cheesebk
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Will You? - K, B&B, FLUFFY GOODNESS, One-shot  Author: Space Empty Re: Will You? - K, B&B, FLUFFY GOODNESS, One-shot Author: Space

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:19 am

LOVED IT! That is one of my fave songs, but I have only hear the Shirelles version. Will have to check out Amy's version.
Poor Booth, he is sooooooo wanting Brennan to make the first move .. He might be waiting a while. But good things come to those who wait Smile

snoopgirl
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:19 am

ah that was perfect. You have a real talent with imagry... you paint the most beautiful pictures with your words... excellent as always. Thanks for sharing.

mary
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:20 am

Shows again how narrow minded Booth is....LOL And Brennan was taking the leap, not as litteral as always.
But he collected all his courage to ask her out..for a walk...but everything begins with a first step.
Love the song.
And when I hear Lenny Kravitz "I´ll be waiting" I have to think of B&B too
Well and just to make sure.....her answer is YES?

nane
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:20 am

that was so freaking cuteeee...Very Happy
love that song too
Awesome work!

karlia
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:21 am

oh my little space...this is the reason why i love and hate one shots. It was perfect but i just start picking up visuals in my head of the situation, due to your brilliant writing and then you end it..wtf? i wanna know what happens in the park god dammit woman, i need to know!!!!!!

magicstar
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:21 am

ooh nice

dbangelfan
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:22 am

i wanna know what happens in the park too??????????? oh what seeley could have up his sleeve.........or as magic wants to know....whats in his pants.............she is such a whore........
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:23 am

So sorry, I didn't realize I hadn't responded to reviews for this one yet!
Thanks so much to everyone who took the time to read and especially those of you who took an extra moment to review. I don't know about continuing this one, I got a little tickle the other day, I guess we'll see if it takes off or not...
Thanks again! LOVES!

space
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:23 am

cup you bitchbag!!!!!!!!!

magicstar
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:24 am

[cit]magicstar wrote : cup you bitchbag!!!!!!!!! [/cit]
what the hell did i do now whoreface..........just leaving a review and telling space we want more..........dont you?????????? you said you did.......i hope she posts more and you cant read it.....ha...take that tart-fuck...........
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:25 am

*covers ears*
la la la la la la la

space
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:26 am

take that tart-fuck...........

WTF??????????

well that is just too rude woman!!!!!!!!!

and this is very rude to space, us having a slanging match in the middle of her delightful fic!, if we are really nice she might write more...yay!

so space...honey, sweetie, darling, just ignore the stupid bitchbag calling me a tart fuck and please please tell us what happens in the park....I need to know x x x x x x

magicstar
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:26 am

[cit]magicstar wrote : cup you bitchbag!!!!!!!!! [/cit]

see.......see this right here.......she started it......not me......and i too am sorry space that magic used your fic as place to call me such hostile names........i feel the need to apologize for her.......she just doesnt know any better....please dont make it too hard on her.....she needs our support right now.......stupid slag.........
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down