Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DB article posted by willgirl on 05/12/2008

Go down

DB article posted by willgirl on 05/12/2008 Empty DB article posted by willgirl on 05/12/2008

Post by fanofbones Sat May 31, 2008 7:59 am

It's old, but it's got some good lines about him and Emily.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

AFTER playing a brooding bloodsucker on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its spin-off series Angel, David Boreanaz is finally getting a chance to step out of the darkness.

In the hit series Bones, the 38-year-old stars as Seeley Booth, an old-school FBI agent who teams up with Dr Temperance Brennan (Emily Deschanel), a forensic anthropologist who solves murders by examining the skeletal remains of the victims.

The show may deal with dark themes, but the leads’ opposites-attract dynamic and innuendo-filled banter helps lighten the tone. “We have been very successful in growing the relationship between the two characters,” says Boreanaz.

“I think the success of the show lies with this central relationship. I’ve always maintained that these characters are the ones that drive the show.”

In Bones, Boreanaz gets to show his playful side, an aspect that viewers rarely saw on Buffy and Angel. “Buffy and Angel was all about pain and torture. I love the chance to play romantic comedy. That’s something people haven’t seen in me.”

Mixing suspense and sexual tension has proven to be a ratings winner. While Bones attracted solid ratings in its debut season in the United States, it actually increased its audience viewing in the second season.

This season, Booth and Brennan are joined by no-nonsense pathologist Dr Camille Saroyan (Tamara Taylor). Her addition to the team adds conflict, especially since she was once romantically involved with Booth.

In the season 1 finale, Brennan identified her mother’s remains and discovered her bank-robber father is still alive. After learning the shocking secrets about her parents, Brennan is more determined than ever to find out the truth behind her mother’s death.

With its offbeat humour and sexual chemistry, Bones sets itself apart from other forensic-focused dramas. “Bones is a little goofy,” says executive producer Hart Hanson. “It makes you cry and makes you laugh, scares you a little every once in a while and it makes you wanna throw up every once in a while.”

According to Boreanaz, the show focuses more on the characters than the crime. “From the start, I was very in tune with them and attracted to their spontaneity. We get inside their minds and viewers come to see what makes them tick and what motivates them to solve these cases.”

For Deschanel, her character’s motivation is clear: her parents disappeared when she was 15, and ever since she’s been compelled to solve mysteries. “I love that aspect of the character,” says Deschanel.

“A lot of times when ‘I look at projects, I try and look for the flaws in the character because that’s what’s fascinating to me. That’s what makes somebody human.”

With the second season now airing on Star World (Astrol channel 711), the Philadelphia native talks about the upcoming changes, new challenges and his on-screen partner.

Q: How is season 2 of Bones different from the first?

David Boreanaz: I think the development of the characters has been great. Season 1 ended with Brennan’s dad getting involved with the mob. That opened doors for the characters and set the stage for season 2.

Q: You and co-star Emily Deschanel share a natural on-screen chemistry. Did you know her before joining the show?

DB: My cousin babysat her when her father (cinematographer Caleb Deschanel) was shooting The Natural in New York. That’s like an odd six-degrees-of-separation there. There’s definitely a connection between the two of us, which helps the chemistry on the show.

Q: What is it like working with her?

DB: Emily has a great sense of humour. She’s extremely dedicated to the character and her work is great. She’s very humble and she keeps me humble. She’s a joy and she doesn’t take things personally. We fought twice on the set and then we made up. We don’t hold grudges and when you work so close and for such long hours on a drama, you become a family.

Q: The relationship between Booth and Brennan has intrigued many viewers. Do you think that is behind the show’s success?

DB: Our relationship is not really tied in stone. It is back and forth between bitter conflict and sweet reconciliation. It’s like an old, married couple. It has a very Moonlighting or X-Files feel to it. We’re not married or in a relationship. That chemistry allows us to tease the audience. That comes out with some funny stuff.

Q: What do you like most about your character in Bones?

DB: When I first read it, I saw the potential of a great character and a great ensemble. I loved Booth’s charm, his charismatic approach to life and his ability to poke fun at Emily’s character and push her buttons. Bringing stuff from your life into your character is important to me, and I enjoy working that way.

--Last edited by willgirl on 2008-05-12 23:54:01 --
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2287
Say What You Want : What if I have nothing to say? Huh?
Don't push me....
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

DB article posted by willgirl on 05/12/2008 Empty marymageli posted 05/13/2008

Post by fanofbones Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:47 am

A great article it was willi, thanks for sharing!

I definitely see the connection btw Emily and David, so no wonder they make a perfect on-screen couple.

Just a question, could someone PLS tell the meaning what David meant by saying "an odd six-degrees-of-separation" when talking about his cousin babysitting Emily in the good old days. Don't know what it means. Thanks. I would appreciate it.
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Don't push me....

Back to top Go down

DB article posted by willgirl on 05/12/2008 Empty eviaded posted 05/13/2008

Post by fanofbones Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:48 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Six degrees of separation refers to the idea that, if a person is one step away from each person he or she knows and two steps away from each person who is known by one of the people he or she knows, then everyone is an average of six "steps" away from each person on Earth.
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Don't push me....

Back to top Go down

DB article posted by willgirl on 05/12/2008 Empty magicstar posted 05/13/2008

Post by fanofbones Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:49 am

haha mary you sound just like bones...I dont know what that means!!!!!
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Don't push me....

Back to top Go down

DB article posted by willgirl on 05/12/2008 Empty marymageli posted 05/13/2008

Post by fanofbones Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:49 am

Magic, it was deliberate. And thanks Eva for the explanation, but I am not sure I get it. I mean I do understand the words, even the idea, but I am not sure this phrase exists in Hungarian. Of course I could be wrong. So I will do a little research on it.
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Don't push me....

Back to top Go down

DB article posted by willgirl on 05/12/2008 Empty Re: DB article posted by willgirl on 05/12/2008

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum