Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sand Man- B/B, established HA, fluff and humor, rated T – By Jremme Posted 01/04/2008 02:17:31 PM

Go down

The Sand Man- B/B, established HA, fluff and humor, rated T – By Jremme Posted 01/04/2008 02:17:31 PM Empty The Sand Man- B/B, established HA, fluff and humor, rated T – By Jremme Posted 01/04/2008 02:17:31 PM

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:19 pm

Hi, I'm a newbie. I thought I'd post this on here, so enjoy! =)

Chapter 1: A family affair

Devon Fitzgerald happily dug in the sand on the beach in Marathon Florida. The 6 year old was having a great time. It was his first real vacation, at least the first one he could remember. His parents had told him of others when he was younger, but he couldn’t recall any of them. He was going to build the biggest sand castle on the beach. He returned his mother’s wave and continued digging vigorously in the sand.

He dug deeper and deeper, creating a good sized pile of sand to use in his sand castle. After about a half hour of digging, his plastic shovel connected with something hard, and he felt a burst of excitement.

“Buried treasure,” he thought, digging even more furiously than he had before. His excitement gave way to confusion and then wonderment at his discovery. He ran over to his mother.

“Mom, mom, I found the coolest thing in the sand!” He grabbed her hand and dragged her over to the hole he’d dug to show her what he had unearthed. His mother’s eyes grew big, and she gasped, covering her mouth with a hand, and trying not to let her son see how scared she was.

“John?” She called her husband over. Devon’s father came jogging over, stopping abruptly when he saw what his wife and son were looking at.

“I’ll go find someone,” he said nervously, and headed off to find a lifeguard who could contact the proper authorities; leaving his family gazing at the clean white skull Devon had dug up.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

“Hey, Bones!”

Dr. Temperance Brennan sighed, trying to let the irritation at the nickname slide off her back. She should have been used to it by now. She lifted her head from the skeleton she was studying to face her partner, Seeley Booth, as he trotted up the stairs to the platform she was currently occupying, her team hovering around her awaiting orders.

“Do we have a case?”

“Technically, you do. Little boy unearthed a skull at a beach in Marathon, Florida. Local authorities are handling the case, but they want you to come down as a consult to help identify the victim.”

“Why don’t they just send everything up here?”

“C’mon, Bones, it’s Marathon! In the Florida Keys! Who cares why they’re not just sending them up here? You should be jumping at the chance to get away from all this.” He gestured at the door, on the other side of which was cold and wind.

“I rarely jump, Booth. If the local authorities are handling it, why are you here?” Brennan asked. She had done consult work on her own before, and was a bit confused as to where Booth fit in with all this.

“I explained to them over the phone that you and I are Siamese twins; if they want you, they get me too. Part of the package. They weren’t overly thrilled, but they agreed.”

“The correct term is Conjoined twins, Booth, something we most certainly aren’t. You could have just as easily explained that we always work together instead of lying to them.”

Booth chuckled to himself. Good ol’ literal Bones. She never disappointed.

“Well, I also had to promise to let them hold the reins,” he admitted.

What did horses have to do with anything? “I don’t know what that means.”

“It means that I will allow them to be in charge of the investigation. I’ll sit idly by, hopefully on the beach, while they conduct everything how they want.”

“And you actually agreed to do that?” She knew it would be difficult for Booth not to take charge of the proceedings.

“I did. Like I said, it’s the Keys. I’ll do about anything to get out of here at this point. Anyhow, our plane leaves at 6, so be ready.”

“I will. I just have a few things to take care of here, and then I can go home and get packed.” She returned her attention to the skeleton in front of her, which Booth took as a sign that they were done for now. He turned and left the platform, back out into the cold.

The second the door had closed behind him, Angela Montenegro swooped in next to Brennan. As usual, she had heard everything, and she gave Brennan a huge smile before she spoke.

“Sooo, you and Booth in the Florida Keys, huh? Sounds romantic. White sand, crystal clear water, Sex on the Beach.” Her smile faded into a wicked grin.

Brennan’s eyebrow quirked up at the last mention, and she awarded her best friend with a Look.

“What was that last one? Because if you’re implying what I think you’re implying, know that I have absolutely no intention whatsoever of having sex on the beach, with Booth or anyone else. This is business.”

“Oh, you thought I meant…no, no, no; I was talking about the drink,” Angela’s tone of voice, grin, and twinkling eyes gave away the fact that she had definitely NOT been talking about the drink.

Brennan shook her head at Angela, and then concentrated on finishing her work. Zach Addy, who had observing her inspection, took a breath, mulling his words over in his head before speaking.

“Have a safe trip, Dr. Brennan. I assure you that I can handle things while you’re away. Can I put the tissue markers on that skull now? Don’t worry about anything. I’ll call you if I need anything.” He moved his hands toward the skull on the table, and Brennan let him take it.

“I know you’re capable Zach. I’m not worried.” She removed her gloves and after saying good bye to Angela, Hodgins, and Zach, made her way out of the Jeffersonian to get packed.

“Don’t forget to pack a bikini!” Angela yelled after her. Then she turned to Hodgins. “She’ll forget to pack one. I know it.”

“She said it was business. Why does she need a bikini for?” Hodgins looked puzzled.

“So she can look sexy for Booth, of course.” Angela rolled her eyes. She loved Jack dearly, but sometimes he could be so oblivious. Men; they didn’t know anything. She wished she were going with them, if only to give them that gentle push into a real relationship. Gentle push? Who was she kidding? A great big shove was what was actually needed. Or maybe she could just stick big magnets on them both so that they could be stuck together. She giggled at the thought of the magnets pulling them together, Brennan protesting all the way.

She blew a strand of hair out of her eyes in exasperation at her friend’s constantly ignoring all the signs of her partner’s feelings for her. Then she was struck with an idea. She had vacation time coming. She smiled at this prospect, and looked over at Hodgins.

“Do you have any vacation time saved up?”

“Yea, actually I do. Why?”

“Because I think we’re due for a romantic getaway, don’t you think?”

His blue eyes widened and a grin appeared on his face. “Yea, I totally agree with you. Where and when did you have mind, because Paris is really nice in the springtime.”

“Actually, I was thinking of more like…now. In the Florida Keys. Marathon, to be exact.” She looked pleadingly at Hodgins.

“This wouldn’t have anything to do with Booth and Dr. Brennan going down there, would it? This is a romantic getaway for us, and not some chance for you to play matchmaker?” He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her lightly on her lips.

Angela smiled at him. “Can’t it be both?” She kissed him back, deeper this time, knowing full well she would get her way. They didn’t pull apart until they were aware of a pair of eyes watching them. They turned to see Zach, looking at them with his head tilted slightly to the side.

“I was merely observing the technique you were using. Don’t mind me.”

“How long were you standing there?” Hodgins asked.

“Long enough to know that you’re planning to fly down to Marathon for a romantic excursion and that Angela is going to engage in manipulation, prodding, and most likely a host of other things to try and ease Dr. Brennan and Agent Booth into a relationship.”

Hodgins shook his head at Zach in exasperation and turned back to Angela, his forehead resting against hers.

“All right, you win. We’ll go.” He backed away from her a bit, and looked at Zach. “See you later, Zach man. Looks like we have a flight to catch tonight. Are you done here, Ang?”

“Yea, I can’t do anything else until Zach finishes the tissue markers anyway.”

They collected their coats and left, leaving Zach alone on the platform.

He looked around, confirming the fact that he was by himself. He stood rooted to the spot for about 5 minutes, thinking before reaching a conclusion.

He went and grabbed his coat, heading out the door. He wasn’t going to be left out this time. He, too, had a plane to catch.
Minutes later, Cam strode out of her office to see how the team was doing. She walked to the platform and noticed the lack of people. Where was everyone? She glanced at her watch. Well, it was later than she thought, so they all must have left to go home. She was a little surprised that Brennan hadn’t stayed late, but then again, she’d put in a lot of hours lately, so she was probably feeling exhausted. Cam sighed, and walked back to her office to lock it up so she could go home for the night.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

The Sand Man- B/B, established HA, fluff and humor, rated T – By Jremme Posted 01/04/2008 02:17:31 PM Empty Re: The Sand Man- B/B, established HA, fluff and humor, rated T – By Jremme Posted 01/04/2008 02:17:31 PM

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:19 pm

space

Posted 01/04/2008 04:56:35 PM

Hey there J! Welcome to the ABY!
I'm reading your 'Perdition and Paradise' at FF.net and look forward to getting into this story too!
This story looks great so far! Love the way the whole team ends up going and how Cam is left in the cold - Muahahaha! And Zack's observation of HA kissing and then describing their plan so exactly - I can totally envision that from him!
Can't wait for more!
~Space
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

The Sand Man- B/B, established HA, fluff and humor, rated T – By Jremme Posted 01/04/2008 02:17:31 PM Empty Re: The Sand Man- B/B, established HA, fluff and humor, rated T – By Jremme Posted 01/04/2008 02:17:31 PM

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:20 pm

BGWGscienceteacher

Posted 01/04/2008 05:22:47 PM

Welcome Jremme. I've been reading a number of your stories over at FF, including this one. This one is one of my favorites. Glad to see you over here.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:20 pm

Posted 04/04/2008 12:59:57 AM

A big thank you to those reading!! Enjoy!

Chapter 2: catching the flight

Booth ushered Brennan along through the airport to the concourse where he collapsed in a chair, sighing in relief that they’d managed to survive the crowds one more time. Brennan seated herself primly in the chair next to him, and glanced at the clock on the wall.

“It looks like we’ll be boarding soon.”

“Good.” Although he spent a lot of time in airports, Booth wasn’t overly fond of them. The overpriced coffee, for one thing, contributed to his opinion. He leaned back and slung an arm over the back of her chair. He felt her inch forward just a little, so that his arm wasn’t touching her.

The movement struck him as a little strange, since he’d just had his hand on the small of her back, guiding her through the mass of bodies occupying the space of the airport. He shrugged it off, attributing it to yet another personality quirk of his partner. Ok with it one minute, uncomfortable with it the next.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Angela pulled Hodgins along behind her inside the airport, searching for the concourse.

“I hope we don’t miss the plane!” she said out loud, although with all the noise, she wondered if Jack even heard her. She gripped his hand even tighter, not wanting to lose him in all the bustle and chaos that surrounded them. She spotted the concourse up ahead, and felt a renewed burst of energy, breaking into a trot as she headed for it.

She heard a grunt from Hodgins as he tried to keep with her, but she ignored him. She was not going to miss this flight. The next one headed for Marathon didn’t leave until tomorrow.

She stopped short at the entrance, causing Hodgins to bump into her from behind. He grunted again as he collided with her, and she shushed him.

“They’re over there.” She pointed them out, and noted the confused expression that clouded Jack’s eyes.

“Then why are we over here watching them? We’re like Zach, the closet voyeur.” He rolled his eyes as he thought of the kid’s actions earlier. If he had questions about interacting with women, he just had to ask.

“Because I don’t want them to know we’re here yet.” She watched as Booth’s arm went over the chair, and Brennan scooted forward.

“Why did she do that?” Angela wondered.

“Do what?” Hodgins wasn’t paying attention.

“Never mind. We can head over there now, if you want to sit down.”

“Thank you.” He led her over to chairs a distance away from Brennan and Booth, and they sat down to await their boarding call.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Zach sat in his taxi, thinking aloud about the flight.

“I really do not like flying. I know that many people do it; and that it’s safer than motor vehicle travel, but I still do not like it. That’s why I always take the bus whenever I go home.”

“Real interesting, kid,” the cab driver yawned. This guy was a piece of work. He’d been talking nonstop during the drive, mostly about skulls and bones and weird things like that, and the driver was thankful that they were almost to the airport.

“The bus is alright. It’s not the most sanitary mode of transportation, but at least it keeps me on the ground. What about you? Have you flown? Or do you prefer the bus? Or perhaps you take taxis?” His eyes narrowed a little more with each question as he pondered the driver’s response.

The cabbie sighed, pulling to a stop in front of the airport. “We’re here kid, and let me just say that it’s been surreal.” He tapped the fare counter, and Zach paid and hauled his baggage out of the trunk of the cab.

“I should have you know, I’m not a kid. I’m 24 years of age, assistant forensic anthropologist at the Jeffersonian, and I’m currently working on 2 doctorates. Do you have any formal education? Because I know you probably don’t want to be a taxi driver forever. You must get a lot of strange people in your cab.”

The last part of his sentence was spoken to a cloud of exhaust as the driver peeled out of the airport as fast as he possibly could.

Zach shrugged and shouldered his carry-on backpack, dragging his suitcase behind him as he entered the airport. He navigated his way carefully through security, checking his baggage, and then walking towards the concourse.

He glanced at his watch, and picked up his pace ever so slightly. He wasn’t concerned about missing the boarding call. He’d calculated the time it would take to reach the concourse going at a certain speed, and right now, he was right on schedule.

He arrived at the concourse with about 5 minutes to spare. He noticed Angela and Hodgins first, then Brennan and Booth. The 4 weren’t sitting together, so he deduced that Dr. Brennan and Agent Booth weren’t yet aware of the presence of the other two. Not wanting to announce himself either, he strode over to Hodgins and sat in the empty chair next to him.

Hodgins did a double take. “Zach?”

Angela turned away from observing Brennan and Booth at the sound of Jack’s voice.

“Zach?” she repeated. “Why are you here?” She didn’t mean to sound rude; she was just surprised to see him there.

“I, too, decided that it would be a good time for a vacation. I brought plenty of work to do while I’m there, so I can stay productive.”

Hodgins gave him a weird look. “You said you’re on vacation, but you brought work to do?”

“I don’t like to waste my time being idle. I need to stay busy.”

“Whatever, dude. Me, I’m going to forget all about science, and just relax with my woman.” He tossed Angela a smile and gave her a peck on the cheek, not wanting to get any more intimate than that with Zach right there. If he did, he was worried the guy would pull out a memo pad and start taking notes.

Right on time, the voice came over the intercom that first class was boarding. Hodgins and Angela got up to board, as did Booth and Brennan. Zach remained seated, patiently waiting for coach. Hodgins looked back at him.

“Come on, Z-man!”

“I’m coach. I need to wait. Coach isn’t boarding yet.”

“I’ll take care of it. Now come on! We’re a team. We might as well all sit together.”

Zach allowed himself a small grin, and rose to join them.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

“I’m sorry Bones, looks like we’re not sitting next to each other.” Booth said as they found their seats.

“It’s ok. The last time we sat together, I couldn’t get any work done because you snored so loudly when you fell asleep.”

Booth’s face screwed up as she said this. “I didn’t snore. I’ve never snored in my life.”

Brennan smirked. “People who snore always say that. They’re not usually aware that they do, in fact, snore. Which, in your case, you should be thankful that you weren’t able to hear yourself. It was deafening.”

“Whatever, Bones. I do not snore.” He sat down in his chair, and looked up at the other passengers coming down the aisle.

“Who invited you two?”

“We are on a romantic vacation, thank you very much,” Angela said with a grin as she and Hodgins found their seats. “Hey sweetie!” She gave a surprised Brennan a little hug before settling herself down.

“Angela. This is certainly unexpected.”

“Well, I decided Jack and I could use a break, plus, what better place to get away from the cold of DC than Marathon?”

Brennan nodded her head, giving her a little grin. Angela leaned forward conspiratorially.

“I figured you’d forget to pack a bikini, but don’t worry, I packed an extra one for you.”

“As a matter of fact, I did remember to pack a bathing suit. I might try to get in a little time on the beach after I’m finished consulting.”

“Atta girl!”

Booth counted the number of Jeffersonian employees on the flight. “Bones, Angela, Hodgins….next thing you know Zach’ll be…” He trailed off as the person mentioned last came on board, seeming slightly out of place in first class.

Booth eyed the still empty seat next to him, and prayed to every saint he could think of, but it was no use. Zach sat next to him and looked at him nervously.

“Hello, Agent Booth. I just want to make you aware that I am not fond of flying. I will attempt to remain unobtrusive throughout the flight.”

“I bet you will,” Booth said, not convinced. It was looking to be a long flight.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:21 pm

Posted 09/04/2008 04:04:33 PM

Thank you everyone!! Here's the next chap! Enjoy! =)

Chapter 3: Welcome to Marathon

After what felt like an eternity of hearing Zach talk about condyles, epicondyles, and spongy bone, Booth had had enough.

“Look, Zach, I don’t care about spongebob bone ok? Just sit back, calm down, and be quiet, all right?”

“It’s actually spongy bone, Agent Booth, and its properties are…”

Booth interrupted him. “Bones, hey Bones!”

Brennan looked up from the article she was reading. “What?”

“Switch seats with Zach please, would ya?”

“I’m sorry Booth. I’m comfortable, I’m in the middle of this article, and I saw you yawning not 15 minutes ago, which means you are going to fall asleep. There is no way I’m switching with Zach.”

“I wasn’t yawning because I’m tired Bones, I yawned because I was bored. Zach won’t shut up about dialing and spongebob, and it’s getting on my nerves.”

Brennan shrugged her apology and turned back to her article. Booth looked through narrow eyes at Zach, who had opened his mouth to correct Booth again about the terms.

“Don’t even think about it.”

Zach’s mouth closed and he looked around the plane, focusing on Angela and Hodgins, who were both asleep and leaning against one another. He couldn’t talk to them, and Dr. Brennan was too far away for conversation. He jumped about a mile in his seat as the plane rocked with minor turbulence. He really did not like flying.

Another hour passed. Booth’s loud snoring filled the cabin, and Brennan was having trouble concentrating on her typing. She noticed Hodgins was awake and caught his eye. He gestured at Booth.

“Is there anything we can gag him with until he wakes up?”

Brennan smirked. “I told him he snored. He didn’t believe me.”

“I wish I had a recording device. I bet they can hear him up in the cockpit.” Hodgins put on his headphones and pressed them to his ears as hard as he could in an attempt to block out some of the sound. He wondered how Angela could remain asleep through the noise.

Zach, sitting next to Booth, was bearing the full brunt of the noise with one added misfortune. Booth’s head was nestled on his shoulder, using him as a pillow. Zach sat, stiff as a board, afraid to make any movement that would wake the sleeping federal agent. He was afraid to even breathe. He had packed a pair of ear plugs in order to have quiet while he was working, but he was scared to reach for them. And, he had to use the bathroom. His eyes drifted to Booth, and he weighed his options. Clearly, he’d have to get up at some point.

Brennan glanced over at him and noted the predicament he was in. Zach caught her eye, and mouthed the words to her that he needed to get up.

“Just get up, Zach,” she called out to him. “He won’t bite.” At least she hoped he wouldn’t. Finally, Zach couldn’t wait any longer and got up as quickly as he could. Booth’s head slumped to the side, and he woke up slowly, rubbing his neck, and looking up at Zach, who was wiping the wet spot on his shoulder.

“Did I have my head on you?” he asked.

“Yes, Agent Booth, and you also appear to have drooled on me.”

“Yea, sorry bout that.” Booth cleared his throat. Zach headed off to the bathroom, and Hodgins spoke up.

“Man, am I glad you’re awake! You snore loud enough to wake the dead!”

Booth glared at him. “Like I told Bones earlier, I do not snore.”

“You do, and it is awful! You sounded like a dying hippo!”

Booth ignored the comments. He didn’t snore. If he did, he’d know it, he was sure of that. Zach returned and sat down, avoiding Booth’s eyes for the remainder of the flight.

When they arrived in Marathon, Booth called the authorities to let them know Dr. Brennan had arrived. When he got off the phone, he looked over at her.

“You, and by you, I mean we, and by we, I don’t mean them,” he jerked a thumb back at Angela and Hodgins, who were right behind them. “are to report to the coroner’s office tomorrow at 10 am. They’re keeping the skull and the other bones they recovered there.”

“All right, that’ll give me the night to get settled in a hotel room. Did they give you directions to a hotel?” Booth nodded, and Brennan looked around behind them. “Where’s Zach?”

“He’s still back at baggage claim. He can’t seem to be able to grab his suitcase off the conveyor belt,” Hodgins supplied.

“For the love of…” Booth headed back to baggage claim, and sure enough, there was Zach, staring at the suitcases as they went past him, always seeming to miss his own. Booth went over, grabbed Zach’s suitcase, handed it back to him, and went back to the group. Zach stood there a second or two before following.

“So, we’ll get two rental cars, and just follow you guys to the hotel, all right?” Angela already had this planned out.

“All right,” Brennan agreed. Booth shook his head furiously.

“Couldn’t you guys find another hotel? Bones is here on business after all.”

“You’re not though. You gave up authority on this case so you could go,” Angela pointed out.

Booth made a face, but knew she had him. “All right, follow us there, but get rooms on a different floor, ok?”

Angela thought for a moment. “Deal.”

They went to go rent cars and Booth stared longingly at the Hummer H3.

“I don’t think so Booth. We’re on a budget here,” Brennan said, pulling away to a more sensible sedan.

They left in the sedan, which was old and in need of a tune-up, out on the highway towards the hotel, and Booth felt a pang of jealousy as Hodgins, Angela, and Zach passed them in a bright yellow Corvette convertible. Angela waved happily from the passenger seat as they flew by the sedan. Zach was cramped up in the back seat, unsuccessfully trying to keep his hair from blowing every which way.

“Do they have to rub it in like that?” Booth muttered.

“What was that?” Brennan asked. Before Booth could answer, her phone rang, and she picked it up. “Brennan.”

“Hey sweetie! Could you get directions from Booth to the hotel? You guys are slower than snails!”

“Booth is jealous of the car you and Hodgins picked out. He may not divulge the directions,” Brennan replied. Booth rolled his eyes, and grabbed the phone from Brennan.

“You guys were supposed to say behind us! I’m going the speed limit!” He sighed resignedly, and gave Angela the directions he’d been given over the phone in the airport. He closed the phone and tossed it back to Brennan.

“We could have at least gotten something a little newer, Bones,” he complained.

“This was cheap, and it’s perfectly sufficient.”

They passed a fast food drive-thru and Booth pulled into the driveway.

“Why are we stopping here?”

“Because I’m hungry. You want anything?”

“Yes, some fries. Also, a small iced tea.”

Booth ordered for them, and once they were on the road, he dug into the bag and stuffed a handful of fries in his mouth. Brennan just looked at him, aghast.

“Is this your last meal Booth?” she asked.

“I told you I was hungry.”

“So that means you have to shove fries in your mouth by the handful? It’s disgusting.”

“No, it isn’t. Don’t tell me you’ve never done it.”

“I haven’t.” As if to illustrate, Brennan removed a single fry out of the bag, and took a bite.

“Oh, come on Bones, be honest. How many fries do you usually eat at a time?”

“Two or three at a time, at most.”

“No way.”

“Yes. I don’t feel the need to gorge myself with French fries. It’s not as if they’re going to vanish if you don’t eat them all in 2 minutes.”

Booth responded by shoveling in another handful of fries. Brennan looked away and pulled another of her own fries out of the bag.

When they arrived at the hotel, the other 3 were waiting in the lobby.

“They’re practically full up. They have 3 rooms left on the 5th floor and that’s it,” Hodgins informed them. “We already got ‘em so you can just drop me some cash whenever.” He handed Brennan a key. Angela had one for her and Jack, and Zach had another.

“Thank you,” Brennan said.

“We were just afraid that they’d be all full by the time you guys finally got here,” Hodgins said with a big grin.

“We stopped to get something from a drive-thru. That’s what took so long.” Booth said, already on the defense.

“Oh, I was worried your car broke down on the highway somewhere or blew up or something.” His eyes were twinkling merrily and Brennan knew he was just teasing. But Booth was clearly getting a bit worked up, so she turned him and steered him in the direction of the elevator, the rest following them.

Booth glared at her. “Budget, huh? Would a convertible been too much to ask for?”

“Yes,” she replied simply.

They arrived on the 5th floor and found their rooms. Brennan put her key card in the door to unlock it when she felt a presence behind her. She turned to find Booth.

“What are you doing?”

“Waiting for you to open the door so we can get in our room,” he said.

“Oh, no, I don’t think so. You are sharing with Zach. He’s 2 doors down.”

“What? Zach? Come on, Bones, haven’t I been through enough already?”

“You’re sharing with Zach. You and I sharing is out of the question. I’ll never get any sleep.”

Angela, who had been listening to the exchange from next door, grinned mischievously and winked at Brennan. “You got that right.”

Brennan sighed, and explained her statement. “He snores. If we were to share, he’d keep me up all night.” Angela’s wicked grin grew even wider, and she waggled her eyebrows up and down suggestively.

Brennan gave her a Look. “With his snoring, I mean. He’d keep me up all night with his snoring.”

“Whatever you say sweetie! I’ll see you guys in a bit. We’re going to settle in.” She grabbed Hodgins by the collar and dragged him into the room behind her.

“I don’t snore Bones.”

“Yes you do. And even if you didn’t, us sharing would be highly inappropriate.

“It doesn’t have to be! C’mon Bones, have mercy!”

Brennan unlocked her door and slipped in the room, shutting the door behind her.

Booth leaned his head forward until his forehead touched bare wood. It really wouldn’t have been so bad for them to share. Just because he maybe sort of perhaps thought of her as maybe being more than a partner at times didn’t mean that sharing a hotel room was necessarily inappropriate.

Giving up, he ambled 2 doors down to Zach’s room, where the young man was having trouble with his key card.

“How about I keep track of this from now on, huh?” he said, as he held out his hand for the card. Zach was glad to relinquish it as it wasn’t working for him anyway. Booth slid it in and tugged the door open. The two stood on the threshold, baggage next to them, and as Booth took in the horrifying scene before him, he began having doubts about insisting that he accompany Bones. There was only one full size bed in the room.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum