Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Collector by CheeseBK posted 18/09/2007

+2
*Vodzu*
marymageli
6 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

The Collector by CheeseBK posted 18/09/2007 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Collector by CheeseBK posted 18/09/2007

Post by marymageli Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:30 am

Posted 11/03/2008 03:36:30 PM
by nane

Is it really coming to an end? So sad....but there will be a fluffy epilogue I guess.
Those two last chappies where amazing with the L-word and reassurances and so much more emotion. Thank you so much for your stamina for such a long story!!!
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Number of posts : 28379
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

The Collector by CheeseBK posted 18/09/2007 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Collector by CheeseBK posted 18/09/2007

Post by marymageli Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:30 am

Posted 11/03/2008 06:18:20 PM
by BGWGscienceteacher

I loved this last chapter. It's still hard to believe that this fic is ending.
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post by marymageli Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:31 am

Posted 12/03/2008 07:38:49 PM
by magicstar

i loved this chapter cheese. I have been trying really hard to write more detailed reviews, but on this one it is far too hard. I couldn't pick out any one line, i loved it all. The best thing is i could actually see it happening in an episode. I much prefer more realistic fanfics x x
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post by marymageli Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:33 am

Posted 13/03/2008 07:48:36 AM
by CheeseBK

Thank you vanessaaaaa, tozika, nane, BGWGscienceteacher, magicstar for your reviews!!!!

Here we go... this is the end of this story, the epilogue. It is hard to end this story, it feels somehow odd, since I spent so much time with it, but it is time... A story has to end somewhere and I hope I picked a good moment Enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Epilogue...

7 weeks later...

Brennan felt something brush her cheek, something soft. The sensation returned, soft and warm, and her awakening brain soon had found out what it was, that she was feeling. Kisses.

“Morning.” A male voice whispered into her ear and caused a lazy smile to appear on her lips. His ‘morning voice’ - as she called it secretly – was drop dead sexy, a little husky and rough from the soft snoring noises he had made all night. The first few nights she had been sleeping next to him, she had thought she would never get used to the sound.

Well, she was used to it by now. In fact, she was even thankful for it. She had spent one night apart of him since she had returned from hospital and it had been a disaster. Nightmares had tortured her all night. With Booth by her side it was different... it was as if the soft snoring, the background noise she had got used to, somehow anchored her enough to keep the nightmares away. Or maybe it was his presence. The warm embrace he encircled her in, every evening before he drifted off to sleep. Even when she entangled herself from his arms in her sleep, she never had nightmares, when he was with her.

Another kiss – this time his lips claimed hers - interrupted her thoughts and she eagerly responded to him. After some time he pulled back a little. “NOW you’re awake, hmmm?” He smirked at her and she smiled back. “Definitely. Somebody else is too, I guess.” She grinned mischievously, her eyes settling meaningful somewhere beyond his waistline.

Booth grimaced. “Theoretically – yes. Practically, we have to be at court in an hour. And I know you’ll want to go through your notes again.”

“Women can multi-task.” Brennan replied, trying to keep her face serious.

He gave her an incredulous look. “Nu-uh” He shook his head. “You’re not going to revise your notes while I am making you come. No way.”

“You know, I was talking about reading my notes during the drive to the court.” She grinned and ran her fingernails playfully over his bare chest.

“Now that sounds reasonable.” He murmured and heaved a sigh when her hand travelled over his stomach.

“But I fear I still have to shower, eat breakfast, do my hair and make-up... no time for this.” She replied, her hand slowly moving over his thigh.

“Damn, Bones... stop teasing.” He hissed at her, as she drew a circle with her finger... dangerously near to his groin. As if he needed encouragement down there.

“Of course we could save time... if we shower together.” She suggested, smiling an innocent smile at him.

“That’s it.” He growled, a deliciously male sound that made her shiver. “Shower, now.” He jumped to his feet and looked at her expectantly.

“Me want woman. Ugh” She mimicked his monosyllabic answer in a Neanderthal grunt, grinning wickedly. “Damn right.” He growled again and simply scooped her up in his arms, causing her to shriek a little, in a very non-Bones way. “Me make love to woman. Now.” He grunted into her ear, while he carried her towards the bathroom.

“Alpha-male.” She teased, winking at him.

“Be nice,” he said in a chiding tone, while he put her down in the bathroom, reaching for the tap. “Or the water will be cold.”

“Ha.” She made. “That would affect you worse than me.” A meaningful glance to his mid-section.

“I know a warm place where I could find refuge.” He whispered into her ear, his tongue quickly darting out to lick her earlobe. She shivered. “Is that so?” She sighed and he nodded. “Well then... what are you waiting for?” She whispered and shoved him towards the shower.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An hour later they were sitting in the courtroom and watched Caroline Julian wipe the courtroom floor with Roberts, just as she had promised.

Brennan had reached for Booth’s hand when Roberts had entered the court room, flanked by two guards, his hands cuffed he did not look scary anymore. But still, she had held her breath for a moment when she set eye on him.

She was still breathing a little bit faster than usual a few minutes later, when everybody was seated.

“Everything alright?” Booth whispered, concern in his voice. She nodded and after a moment she whispered back. “Caroline is going to kick his ass, right there were you shot him.”

He had to suppress a chuckle and stole another side-glance at her face.

Seeing the man who had captured and tortured her affected her, the slight frown on her face was evidence enough. But she did not seem to be terrified or on the verge of a breakdown.

All in all her reaction was a healthy and normal one... no reaction at all would have made him worry.

He leant closer to her, whispering into her ear. “You still sure you want to make a testimony? You don’t need to... There is enough evidence without your findings.”

He saw how determination showed on her face. “No. I want to prove the connection to all the victims we found. Every single woman he ever got deserves to be heard. And I want to contribute to his conviction with my work, my findings.”

Booth simply nodded. He understood, that she needed to face this...

She was here to talk about the bodies she had examined, but without doubt they were going to ask her about her “first-hand experience” while held hostage by The Collector. He had told her as much a few days ago, but she had figured it out by herself already. She knew what was going to come.

“This is my only chance to strike back, Booth.” She had told him and he had accepted her choice.

Two hours later, she was sitting in the witness stand and had already talked about all her findings, the facts she had found... mentioned the names of all the women that had died by The Collector’s hand.

And then she was asked the inevitable question by the judge. “Dr. Brennan... I know you have been captured by The Collector yourself. How long have you been in his hands?”

She squared her shoulders and met the judge’s gaze calmly. “Six days, your honour.”

“This is not going to be in the protocol... I am just curious. Are you here as a witness because of personal feelings... seeking revenge?” The judge asked, cautiously.

Brennan shook her head. “No. I am here because of the truth, your honour. And because every name on this list needed to be read out aloud.” She pointed towards the list in front of her, the names of the women she had identified. Then she met the gaze of Roberts, who had been staring at her... he was the first to avert his eyes and for a moment she wallowed in the good feeling the small victory gave her.

The judge gave her a long look and then nodded thoughtfully. “Any more questions for this witness?” He asked and after a negation of both sides, she was allowed to return to Booth’s side. “You did great.” Booth whispered and she smiled at him. “Thank you.”

He squeezed her hand gently and the rest of the trial day went by in a blur. In the evening, after the hearing had been adjourned until the next day, they left the building, hand in hand.

“He is never going to come out of jail.” Booth said after a moment of silence, while they were walking towards the car, Brennan still limping slightly. “Just as his victims and their families never will be able to forget what he did to them.” She answered, her voice low.

Booth stopped and turned towards her, looking at her. “I am okay, Booth.” She said, answering his unvoiced question. “I will never forget what happened, but I am okay.”

After a pause she added. “Just make sure to snore tonight.” The hint of humour in her voice and the words made him quirk an eyebrow and he asked. “What? Why?”

“Just so I know you are there.” Brennan replied and snuggled against his chest. He put his arms around her and held her wordlessly for some time, then he murmured. “I think you are the first woman who ever begged a man to snore.”

She chuckled. “You know, it also makes your voice sound sexy in the morning.”

“Does that mean my voice doesn’t sound sexy the rest of the day?” He asked, acting as if he was wounded by her statement.

She pulled back and smiled at him. “You’re fishing for compliments. I am not going for that bait.”

“Come on... let’s drive home... we can talk about sexy voices and snoring over dinner.” He said playfully and they walked towards their car, effectively putting The Collector out of their thoughts, for that evening at the very least.

Haha, I was seriously tempted to end the epilogue with a “All was well” Wink very Harry Potter – like Wink or with an “and they lived happily ever after”... but that would be... ugh... too kitschy, right?

So whoever needs that kind of closure is welcome to enter a “happy” sentence of his/her free choosing... including things like: ‘And they went home for hot monkey sex’ or similar Wink ... Would be fun to read your suggestions in your reviews (you’ll leave a review, yes??? Pretty please???? You can’t see it but I can do this big puppy-dog eyes thing...)

You know, people... I will miss this story. I liked writing it. And I loved all your reviews, you are all awesome. I really hope you will consider reading one of my other stories too.

Thank you all for your support and your reviews, your suggestions and for reading!!!

Hugs,

CheeseBK

PS: MAGIC!!! Did you see? There was smut! Yeah, well.... the softened form of it, but it was THERE!
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post by marymageli Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:37 am

Posted 13/03/2008 10:39:38 AM
by vanessaaaaa

Love it.
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post by marymageli Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:38 am

Posted 13/03/2008 11:58:33 AM
by ToZiKa

I will miss this story too.
I liked the epilogue.
It was good to read, that Brennan is doing alright, at least as long as Booth is snorring.....
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post by marymageli Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:38 am

Posted 14/03/2008 02:15:48 PM
by magicstar

cheesey it was so sweet. I can just picture a very naked and wet booth all lathered up and i thank you for that. Im sure you will enjoy writing the next one as much as this lol x x x
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post by marymageli Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:39 am

Posted 15/03/2008 09:13:16 PM
by fanofbones

cheese, the last chapter was brilliant and so perfect. They love each other, I knew it ;-)
I loved the I love yous, and Booth's story to make her feel better.
This was a perfect end of this fic
so fluffy and sweet and romantic

on with the epi
fab
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post by marymageli Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:39 am

Posted 15/03/2008 09:22:10 PM
by fanofbones

sweetie, the epi was so wonderful..
and the hinted smut was totally wonderawesome...
thank goodness magic and I have very over-active imagination ;-)
you rocked this fic...every chapter
I look forward to your next fic

hugs woman
fab
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post by marymageli Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:40 am

Posted 16/03/2008 06:09:08 AM
Profile Edit this message Quote this message /!\ Delete the topic Sent a email to CheeseBK Send a private message to CheeseBK
hey fab, magic, tozika and vanessaaaaa,

thank you so much for your reviews... I am glad you liked the story Wink I will definitley write more Wink
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post by marymageli Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:41 am

Posted 16/03/2008 08:10:30 AM
by magicstar

im sure we will all look forward to it cheese, i know i will x x
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post by *Vodzu* Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:01 pm

What can i say, wow, if that was to be on the show, it would be one intense episode, leaving Hero in the hold waaay behind. Good job
*Vodzu*
*Vodzu*
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 408
Say What You Want : Denial ain`t just a river in Egypt
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:26 pm

hi Vodzu,

thank you so much for your comment on this story, glad you liked it!!!
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3762
Say What You Want : don't provoke the lunatic!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeddie Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:50 am

i loved this Cheese!!! great!! loved when Booth shot the guy in the ass lmao!
Zeddie
Zeddie
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12060
Say What You Want : Fanfiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done
in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk.
-- Henry Jenkins
The Collector by CheeseBK posted 18/09/2007 - Page 7 8d0b0409962e33290be09e7890718bde2b3c7fe1
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://www.fanfiction.net/~csiloverzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Shakari Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:33 pm

I'd already read this, but once I saw it...I couldn't stop myself from re-reading it. XD Good stuff, Cheese. Good stuff.
Shakari
Shakari
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1117
Say What You Want : Jesus is NOT a zombie!
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:11 pm

thank you people so much for rereading this story! glad you still like it!
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by southerngirl Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:00 am

man oh man, this was just so good!

southerngirl
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:55 pm

thank you southerngirl!!!
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7