Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

History - April BE Challenge Entry Author: piratesmiley

Go down

History - April BE Challenge Entry  Author: piratesmiley Empty History - April BE Challenge Entry Author: piratesmiley

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:06 am

My first BE challenge entry:

[g]History of Jasper[/g]

–OR-

[g]How Booth ended up with a cheap box full of crap[/g]

I’ve had a pretty long run.

I began on a farm, along with several animals. Chickens, cows, sheep, the usual. We came in our own set, with Farmer Bob and his big red barn.

We had gotten shipped to a store, and then bought by a woman for her child, a little girl. The girl blatantly refused to play with us, saying she wanted Barbie’s, not fat, stinky farm animals.

That kid was quite the delight.

The demon seed passed me off to the new baby in the family. The little boy’s name was Gregory, I think. Anyway, I got passed down right around the time that he was teething. He about chewed my face off.

Then, one fateful day, Gregory was babysat by a family friend, who had taken him back to her place.

Gregory was feeling picky that day, though it wasn’t much different than any other day. His favorite past time (other than the face-chewing) was to throw me up against the wall. He had done it several times, and the babysitter would always pick it up and give it back to him.

After about the eighth throw, the phone rang. Gregory’s babysitter forgot all about me, so I laid on the floor. Eventually, the baby went home. I wondered what the date was, so I could declare it the happiest day of my life.

Several months later, I was found behind the couch, during a bout of spring-cleaning. It was a godsend, because I was starting to get really bored, and I couldn’t see the TV.

So I was really happy when they found me. Of course, right after picking me up, I was carried into another room and thrown into a box. The box was full of other stuff, like moldy looking books, and some really bad eighties-inspired clothing (yes, with leg warmers). We got carried out into the hot sun, and placed on a table. The sign said GARAGE SALE.

Now, this is where the story gets better: No sooner than I had been placed down, a car door slammed, and a man got out. He was wearing a suit and some very serious-looking sunglasses. The second he saw me, he picked me up.

“How much for this pig?” he asked, voice urgent, as if his whole world depended on it.

“Just give me a dollar and I’ll give you the whole freaking box,” said the girl who had brought me out here.

The man dropped a buck on the table and grabbed the box, rushing back into his huge car. He dropped my box on the passenger seat and sighed loudly.

--

The man’s name was Special Agent Seeley Booth.

I knew this because he had shoved me into his pocket, right next to his badge. I still think this was very rude, but I’ve forgiven him since.

I heard him talking to some one else, and my ears strained to pick up the words. Then he pulled me out, and the first things I saw was her.

I understood automatically. This man, Booth, had someone special. And that made me special.

And then I wasn’t so mad about him shoving me into his pocket.

--

“That’s the story.” I said.

“Really? Man, that’s whack!” said Brainy Smurf, or BS as I like to call him (pun totally intended).

“Why is that whack? It’s a perfectly good, heartwarming story.”

“Because, yo, you left everything up to the imagination,” He said imagination like it was a dirty thing.

“So? It’s not my fault you weren’t there.”

All of a sudden, Brennan walked in, carrying a long metal pole and…mistletoe. Booth ran in almost immediately after, spewing details about another case, until he started freaking out about the mistletoe.

The whole memory was kind of a blur for me. Maybe it was because I had been waiting for this so long, maybe because I had stayed up late last night. Either way, I remember furious gum chomping, protesting, pushing, prodding, poking, and passion. I remember fierce kissing that last a whole hell of a lot longer than five seconds. I remember what we all wanted to remember.

“They are so in love,” I said.
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

History - April BE Challenge Entry  Author: piratesmiley Empty Re: History - April BE Challenge Entry Author: piratesmiley

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:06 am

that is brilliant

mereva
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

History - April BE Challenge Entry  Author: piratesmiley Empty Re: History - April BE Challenge Entry Author: piratesmiley

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:07 am

i loved that idea

dbangelfan
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum