Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

She stole his pickle?! (BE entry for April). Posted by beagle on 20/04/2008

Go down

She stole his pickle?! (BE entry for April). Posted by beagle on 20/04/2008 Empty She stole his pickle?! (BE entry for April). Posted by beagle on 20/04/2008

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:04 am

Posted 20/04/2008 05:04:35 PM by beaglelvr93

“What do they talk about?” I repeated, staring at the young man in the suit with a strange look on my face. Placing the coffee mug I was holding on the table, I leaned against the booth and regarded him with a guarded look. “Why do you want to know?”

“Ma'am, I'm doing a psychological evaluation on Agent Booth and Dr. Brennan. I'm simply inquiring what they converse about while at your diner.”

“What was your name again?” I asked.

“Dr. Sweets. I-”

“Would you like a piece of pie?” I interrupted.

“Sure, but-”

“That Agent Booth swears by my pie.” I persuaded.

“Oh, alright. But then will you talk?” He asked me.

“Sure.” I promised, wiping my hands on my apron and heading to get him his pie. Stepping behind the counter, I glanced around the diner, taking in all my regulars, along with a few tourists. Heading back to 'Sweet's' table, I plopped the pie down in front of him and said, “They talk about anything and everything. Yesterday they were arguing about pickles.” I chuckled at the memory.

“Pickles?” Sweets clarified, writing something in a notebook.

“Yep. Apparently, Dr. Brennan stole Agent Booth's pickle, and-” Sweets started coughing.

“Are you ok?” I asked, patting him on the back.

“Yes, I'm fine.” Stole his pickle!? “What else do they talk about?”

“Work, I guess. They talk about cases they work and such. But you can never tell with them.” I shrugged.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, a few months ago they had one of those. . . what do you call them. . . moments! That's it. Booth there, he was leaning all the way across the table - I swear he was gonna kiss her. He was talking about 'becoming one' and all she would do was argue that that was 'physically impossible'. But he got through to her alright.” I said, remembering that night. I had kept the diner open a bit longer as to not disturb their conversation.

“How did he get through to her?” Sweets asked, writing furiously.

“They locked eyes and something passed between them.” I sighed. “It was sooo romantic. They were sitting there staring into each other's eyes. It was all I could do to keep from yelling 'Just kiss her already!'.”

“And did he?”

“Then?” I asked.

“Yes, then.”

“No. But he has.”

“When?!” Sweets asked. I was amazed by how shocked he sounded.

“He kisses her all the time. Usually when they leave, or when they get here.” I explained.

“He does?”

“Yep. It's so cute, and a relief at the same time. When they first started coming here they were spitting daggers at each other. Now it's all warm and fuzzy.” I looked over his shoulder and saw him writing 'warm and fuzzy' on his notepad.

“Now, do you need anything else? Because I have customers.”

“N-no. Thank you ma'am.”

I left the nice man to his paperwork and headed over to where customers had arrived. Walking to 'their' booth, I poured them both coffee before turning to Agent Booth and asking, 'The usual?'
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2352
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

She stole his pickle?! (BE entry for April). Posted by beagle on 20/04/2008 Empty Re: She stole his pickle?! (BE entry for April). Posted by beagle on 20/04/2008

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:05 am

Posted 20/04/2008 07:27:20 PM by SnoopGirl

Awwwww, that was wonderful!!!!
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

She stole his pickle?! (BE entry for April). Posted by beagle on 20/04/2008 Empty Re: She stole his pickle?! (BE entry for April). Posted by beagle on 20/04/2008

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:06 am

Posted 21/04/2008 00:16:11 AM by DBAngelfan

nice work Very Happy
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:06 am

Posted 21/04/2008 08:08:37 AM by Sarah9488

aawww... That was cute. And very well written. Usually, I don't like stories written in first person.
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum