Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Debate of Trust - By iluvbandbi Posted 27/12/2007 10:40:48 PM

Go down

A Debate of Trust - By iluvbandbi  Posted 27/12/2007 10:40:48 PM Empty A Debate of Trust - By iluvbandbi Posted 27/12/2007 10:40:48 PM

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:25 am

yeah...this idea came to me after watching an episode where they were particularly arumentive.
Read and REVIEW!! I LIVE FOR IT =)

Bones walked into the Jeffersonian after taking a brief lunch break she’d promised Booth she’d start taking more regularly. He always nagged her about not eating lunch and she’d finally given in and promised she would spend at minimum thirty minutes out of her office eating each day she came in to work.

As she headed for her office, she discerned one Booth figure cowering over by her door, and another heading towards her. The one heading towards her was different than the Booth she’d been working with for a good two and a half years, but was very similar in many ways. The sharp, defined jaw was still evident, and the thick, broad frame was, too. However, the normal dark abyss of chocolate brown eyes were replaced with pools of brilliant blue, and the cheekbones on THIS Booth were higher and less pronounced.

“Hey Temperance,” the smile was the same, the only difference was that this smile, while it looked the same, didn’t accompany the person that could make her knees lock and her mind freeze…only momentarily, of course.

“Jared,” Bones acknowledged Booth’s older brother.

“Seeley says he’s got a new case for you guys,” Jared played with a rough patch on his dark wash jeans that accompanied a pastel purple button-up shirt and soft brown loafer-like shoes. What Booth and his brother shared in looks was all lost in their attire. Although Booth would claim his choice of attire was only because of his job…

“That’s why he’s here,” Bones mumbled with a soft smile. Jared leaned forward and put a hand on Bones’ shoulder, tilting his head forward a little closer so he could whisper,

“It’s not the only reason, if you know what I mean,” he winked, tapped her other shoulder twice, and walked away, “Later, Temperance.”

Bones, completely confused, advanced towards her office and confronted her partner.

“So I hear we have a new ca-”

“What was that?” Booth broke in suddenly. Bones stopped mid sentence and frowned up at him, a challenging playful spark dancing through her eyes.

“What?”

“That,” Booth motioned over towards where she and Jared had been standing just moments before.

“Again, I repeat…what?” Bones had caught on but was in a vindictive mood.

“The little … thing. … With Jared,” Booth finally spoke the name he’d been withholding.

“What LITTLE thing?” Bones asked him, now facing him face on as they tried to intimidate each other as they stood in her doorframe.

“You let him touch your shoulder,” Booth was stumbling over his words but hadn’t managed to crash and fall just yet. Bones decided to prolong his suffering.

“I did?”

“Well, yeah,” Booth shifted uncomfortably.

“Hmm…”

“How long have you known him?” Booth was starting to regain his comfort.

“I don’t know…you brought him here…two weeks ago?” Bones threw a question back at him.

“Yeah…”

“So two weeks, then, I guess, is your answer,” Bones said with a perky smile. Booth frowned. He obviously wasn’t content yet. Bones watched as his face relaxed the slightest bit, a thing only she could pick up on, and she knew he’d found grounds for some argument.

“You wouldn’t have let me touch your shoulder two weeks into our partnership.” Booth let a grin play across his face as he watched Bones think…it was the slightest of frowns that crossed her face, but he prided himself for feeling like the only person who could detect it. She was at the beginning stage of worry…only because she might not have something to counter back.

“No, I wouldn’t have. I didn’t like you- you were, and for the most part, still are, arrogant and full of yourself. You thought you could do it all on your own,” she said soundly, and he could tell she thought she’d said the end of it. He wasn’t ready to let her off that quickly.

“What changed?”

“You’ve humbled yourself, at least a little,” she answered calmly. He had, and she felt like she was part of the reason. The thought made it impossible to deny a triumphant smile of power flash over her face.

“You think you did it, don’t you,” Booth fired, catching her off guard. Could he read her thoughts THAT well?

“I think I did…what?”

“Broke me down, broke me in…humbled me,” he decided with a pointed, squinting remark. She almost gasped, but she didn’t. She wasn’t letting him get anything out of this one.

“If you think I did, then I’m flattered…and I could see how that would happen. You’re used to women falling over to do everything you wish just because of your physical charm,” her rebuttal was blunt and unedited. Booth flared from her confidence.

“Oh am I?”

“At least you were. I don’t fall for those things, though, you know.”

“Boy do I,” he whispered under his breath.

“What was that?” She asked, catching onto his quiet words.

“Nothing.”

“Oh it was something.”

“It was nothing!”

“Oh it was too something! Just a mumbled something…could you speak up?”

“Why are we even talking about this?” Booth asked nervously, starting to buckle under her pressure.

“Because you got all jealous that I let your brother touch my shoulder,” Bones threw the idea out, waiting anxiously for the reaction.

“Jealous? What? Me? Jealous?” Booth tried to pull an innocent, surprised face. Bones pulled a sweet, challenging face and asked with her eyes if he seriously meant it. “What?”

“I didn’t say anything.”

“But you looked at me.”

“Would you like me to NOT look at you when I talk to you?” Bones asked with a gleam in her eye.

“Yes! Well…no…well…you were giving me that look!”

“That…look.”

“Yes. THAT look,” Booth said, afraid of what was coming at him next.

“And why would I be giving you that look?”

“Because you think you’ve nailed it by saying that I’m ‘jealous’ because you let my brother touch your shoulder.”

“Have I?” Booth squirmed under her probing gaze. Bones knew him all too well.

“Maybe…no…maybe.”

“Maybe no maybe? I think that’s the first time I’ve heard that combination.”

“Bones!”

“Just admit it already, you’re jealous!” She poked his chest in a show of dominance. Booth faltered and stepped back, a grin playing at his mouth.

“I just don’t think it’s fair.”

“Fair?” She dropped her arm.

“You like fair, right?”

“Yes,” she answered.

“How is it fair that you let my brother touch your shoulder after two weeks knowing him and you would have broken every bone in my arm if I had even tried?”

“You didn’t try,” She answered, ammunition-less.

“If I did.”

“I didn’t TRUST you!” Bones answered back sharply.

“And you trust him?” Booth fired back quickly.

“Yes!”

“That’s not logical Bones…and you’re the Queen of Logic!”

“How is that not logical?”

“Because you don’t trust ANYONE two weeks into a relationship and don’t deny it. How is my brother different than me?”

“Because!”

“Because what?” Booth prodded. Bones shifted. “Just explain your logic to me – Lord knows you have enough of it – and this whole subject can just be dropped.”

“Because…” Bones trailed off and looked at her feet, “Because of you.” Killer instinct starting to fade, Booth was softened by her statement. The intensity of the fight relaxed from his shoulders, his voice dropped a few levels, and he dropped his hands to his sides.

“Me?” Bones looked up cautiously as if she thought he might actually make fun of her. Booth knew her too well and was too deeply appreciative to make fun of her at a moment like this.

“Yes, Booth. I’ve worked with you for almost three years and…I trust you…completely. I figured if Jared is anything like you then…I’m safe.” Bones shifted very uncomfortably. Booth wanted to reach out and wrap his arms around her and never let go but it wasn’t time yet.

“Thank you, Bones.” His words were genuine and riddled with the respect that was evident between them. She looked up searchingly.

“You’re welcome?”

“Thanks for saying it like you meant it, Bones,” Booth lightened the mood immediately with a sarcastic, playful comment so common with them. Bones smiled at the recognition of the shift of conversation. Booth had gotten what he wanted, and she hadn’t felt like he’d overpowered her…it was a very typical resolution to their day to day banter.

“Sorry…” Booth let a charm smile spread over his face. Bones felt completely better with the display of happiness. However, she wasn’t leaving this argument without some kind of triumph over him.

“I still think you’re jealous,” she said with a sly smile. Booth pulled his trying not to smile face on and backed away from her. She wanted to laugh at him, but held back the childish impulse.

“Why?”

“Exactly what you said…I would’ve broken every bone in your body.”

“But now I know the only reason HE has trust is because I have the ultimate trust,” Booth said with a pointing finger and a charming grin. Bones nodded.

“True. But you admit you were jealous?”

“Maybe.” Bones leaned forward and stared him down intensely.

“Maybe?”

“Probably,” Booth challenged her more. She narrowed her icy blue eyes. “Yes Bones.” She leaned back satisfied.

“So where are these bones I need to look at?” She asked, the argument over, just another part of daily work.

“I though you’d never ask.” They exited her doorframe and started towards the Jeffersonian’s exit. Booth bravely slid his arm over her shoulders and wasn’t surprised when she looked up at him.

“What? I apparently have my partner’s trust.” She rolled her eyes.

“I shouldn’t have said anything…just fed your ego…”

“Oh what about you? I think you’re JEALOUS. Little Miss Brennan thinking she’s just got guys competing for her attention,” Booth said straight in her ear very conveniently right next to him as he continued to walk with his arm around her. She reached around and punched his ribs. Booth groaned but smiled…this was why he loved her. Bones smiled triumphantly…this was why she loved him.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

A Debate of Trust - By iluvbandbi  Posted 27/12/2007 10:40:48 PM Empty Re: A Debate of Trust - By iluvbandbi Posted 27/12/2007 10:40:48 PM

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:26 am

jerseybones

Posted 27/12/2007 10:50:58 PM

That was a wonderful and insightful view to their day-to-day bickering. I love the dialogue and the playful back and forth. You captured them beautifully. Very well done and thank you so much for sharing this.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

A Debate of Trust - By iluvbandbi  Posted 27/12/2007 10:40:48 PM Empty Re: A Debate of Trust - By iluvbandbi Posted 27/12/2007 10:40:48 PM

bones206

Posted 27/12/2007 10:51:50 PM

Awww[Only admins are allowed to see this link] That was sweet. Hopefully there is another chapter coming? You have me smiling in aww[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

iluvbandb

Posted 27/12/2007 10:55:35 PM

Thanks guys!! Keep reviewing if you've yet to read it...as for another chapter...I could start a thread for just bickering...its the most fun for me to write. How does that sound?
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:27 am

bones206

Posted 27/12/2007 10:57:22 PM

Perfect to me, if it is anything like this one!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

iluvbandb

Posted 27/12/2007 10:59:34 PM

Cool! I'll definitely start thinking about some good ideas...((as I self-promote...)) If you're desparate for more (haha) and haven't read Just Me? I wrote that one to in a very similar style!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

DBAngelfan

Posted 30/12/2007 00:11:06 AM

lolol nice work
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:28 am

CheeseBK

Posted 08/01/2008 03:15:11 AM

oh this was so funny... I just saw this... must have overlooked it.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:28 am

miller0259

Posted 09/01/2008 06:22:47 PM

aww that was cute!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum