Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas Gifts - By Phoebsfan Posted 28/11/2007 10:01:15 PM

2 posters

Go down

Christmas Gifts - By Phoebsfan Posted 28/11/2007 10:01:15 PM Empty Christmas Gifts - By Phoebsfan Posted 28/11/2007 10:01:15 PM

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:38 pm

Christmas Gifts
T

I love you.

Perhaps that realization was a little late. Perhaps he should have spoken those words. Maybe then he wouldn't be sitting alone in his apartment reliving certain moments. Maybe she wouldn't have gotten on that plane to Peru.

Maybe she would have followed him home. Maybe they would have put Parker to bed and discussed just how unbrotherly her kiss had been.

Instead, he was sitting alone, where he'd settled after dropping Parker off. His apartment lit only by the glow of his television. He'd muted the sound, propped his feet up on the coffee table and dug his cellphone out of his pocket, double checking to make sure he hadn't somehow missed her call.

He hadn't, so he placed it on the cushion next to him and stared up at the ceiling, killing time and thinking about the one thing that he hadn't been able to push out of his mind.

She'd ambushed him, that's what she'd done. With her talk of professional courtesy, and gum, and Caroline was in on it too. Before he even knew what was happening she had her tongue in his mouth, seeking, tempting, questioning.

And then she'd had the nerve to claim it was sexless. Could have fooled him with the gymnastics she was performing with that tongue of hers.

He'd show her sexless. When she got back from Peru he'd ambush her at the airport, or maybe her office, because ever since it was all he could think about.

The way her fingers clutched at his jacket as she slid her tongue passed his lips. Her hair slightly disarrayed, how that had happened he couldn't quite recall. Her eyes bright, lips swollen as she pulled away.

The mystery of it all though, was that he didn't remember it getting heavy. It was almost like his brain had short circuited the moment her lips touched his and he hadn't recovered until after he'd left her and realized for a second time that he was chewing her gum.

She was right, it was nothing. Just mistletoe and brotherly affection.

Which is why the thought of it left him wanting to hop on a plane to Peru himself.

It's not like he'd never thought about kissing her, never wondered what she'd taste like, or how she'd feel in his arms. The line was there for a reason after all, and it had nothing whatsoever to do with brotherly affection or guy hugs. He'd just imagined it differently.

They'd be alone, no one watching them and waiting for some kind of response. It wouldn't be about blackmail or mistletoe. And it certainly wouldn't be followed up with awkward broken bits of conversation.

Ok, so realistically the last part would probably still pertain, but one out of three wasn't that bad.

All of those things, and her denial on top of it, just added to the confusion. If they'd done things right, she'd be sitting next to him sipping hot cocoa or something and they'd be watching some stupid holiday movie, or pretending to anyway. Really the movie would just be an excuse to sit close on the couch. They were so damn good at that denial part sometimes he couldn't tell what the truth was.

Like for example, could she really feel nothing? Sure he wasn't at his best, the whole ambush thing really threw that off and then when he'd started to get in to it she'd pulled away. He didn't think that it was fair of her to judge that one kiss.

It was good, sure, but he could do so much better.

He picked up his cell and thought about trying to call her. She was probably still on the plane, she'd had to take a later flight after all. As he was leaving the airport, after he put Parker on a plane to Vermont, he'd called her, to see if she wanted to catch dinner or something before her flight, but she didn't answer her phone.

He felt kind of like a silly school girl, sitting around waiting for a phone call. Wasn't she supposed to be the one sitting by the phone? Not that she ever followed the rules society set.

All because of some stupid kiss, which wasn't even that good. It certainly wasn't crisis worthy, and it didn't mean anything.

He just wanted to do it again. And possibly again...

He'd be willing to bet that she looked even better after sex. Not that, that kiss had anything to do with sex.

This was pathetic. She'd be gone for a week, and here he was on day one, already lost without her. She was never going to find out about this, that was for sure. He could just picture the way her lips would curl up.

He tossed his cell, which he'd picked up again, on the cushion next to him once more and stood up. Sitting around doing nothing wasn't going to remedy all the excess energy he had building up. He'd just have to find something productive to do, and he was about to do just that when his phone rang.

“Hello!” He answered a little too eagerly.

It wasn't her, but it was Parker, who thankfully didn't notice his excitement or lack thereof, when he discovered it wasn't her. He felt bad for the wave of disappointment. He loved his son and he couldn't let some stupid kiss mess that up.

What the hell had she done to him anyway?

So he pushed her from his mind and focused on Parker. They had a short conversation, then hung up because it was passed his bedtime, which left Booth once more alone with nothing to do, but he wasn't going to fall back into Bones' trap, he decided.

No, he'd go to bed early and tomorrow would be a new day, one in which she wouldn't play such a major role.

Booth pulled his t-shirt off on the way to the bathroom, brushed his teeth then headed to his bedroom. He'd started to lose his jeans when there was a knock on the door. So he zipped them back up quickly, narrowly avoiding a mishap which also would have been her fault. Not that a sexless kiss could effect him in that way... then headed toward the door.

So she could have dismissed the kiss. Well, maybe not completely, but they would have gotten over it. The Christmas tree was probably what pushed him over the edge. That and the fact that he'd call her twice since, both times she let it ring.

She was supposed to be on a plane to Peru. No, she was supposed to be in Peru, looking at dead bodies and doing her thing. Instead she was sitting outside his apartment in her car. The snow from the evening before had turned to a rainy slush, and the magic of Christmas seemed to fade into the background.

When she kissed him it had been awkward, and all she could think about was counting to five and getting it over with. It wasn't until the very end, when he slipped his tongue passed her lips... which coincidentally was over the line of professional courtesy. and he'd started to respond that she'd wanted to continue. At least, that's what she was telling herself, the actual event was a little fuzzy. She remembered starting to count, but not much after that, until she remembered how to disengage.

She couldn't very well kiss Booth in public, they were professional, and she never should have agreed to let Caroline watch. Because as a scientist her curiosity had been aroused. And possibly a little bit more than that as well. If she was going to be a good squint, she'd experiment on the feelings he'd poked at. That was something she hadn't yet had the opportunity to try.

And it was that which kept her from getting on the plane, the questions she was leaving unanswered. It was purely scientific, it had nothing to do with anything else.

That logic wasn't getting her out of the car though.

She picked up her cell, willed it to ring again. Part of her wished she'd answered it before, then at least she'd have some clue where he was, what he was thinking. But she hadn't, and if she wasn't going to go in, she should leave. What if he caught her sitting out here? That would be a lot harder to explain, or laugh off. Maybe the whole magic of Christmas thing was rubbing off, but she knew that if she didn't act now, she never would.

So she got out of the car and made her way inside.

He was surprised to see her at the door, and judging by her look, she seemed surprised to see him as well, which didn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense seeing as he lived there. Unless... He grinned.

“Come on in.” His voice seemed lower than normal, and she was losing her nerve. Especially when he stepped to the right of the door and held it open for her, making her have to duck under his arm to get in. At that stupid grin, that always made her grin back. Something was up.

“Aren't you supposed to be in Peru?” He teased as he closed the door and leaned on it. Her eyes seemed to linger longer than necessary on his abs.

His jeans were undone. They were zipped but the button was popped open and she found it highly distracting.

“Yeah, about that... I...”

He pushed himself off the wall and closed the distance between them, forcing her eyes to his face again.

“... anthropologically speaking, I think...”

She fumbled over the words, didn't know exactly what she was trying to tell him. He only nodded like he knew what she was trying to say, which only frustrated her more.

“I've been meaning to talk to you about something.” His voice was definitely rumbling in the back of his throat now. His hands landed on her shoulders, ran down her arms and then back up as they removed her coat.

“Booth, I don't think...”

He pulled back, uncertain, and allowed her to finish, or attempt to finish her thoughts.

“... that kiss... I...”

No, she wasn't going to talk her way out of this one. Because he wasn't going to sit up all night wondering just what the hell it meant to her.

“No.”

“Booth, you haven't even... “ She paused, then tried again. “No, what?”

“Look. You kissed me. I was an innocent bystander in all of this.” He gestured, his hands thrown up, in that adorable way, that she pretended was irritating.

“I know, and I'm sorry, it wasn't a good idea. It didn't mean anything though and--”

She was chickening out it wasn't the right thing to say, and maybe it wasn't what she wanted to say either. She knew it as his jaw clenched, and his eyes closed momentarily. When he opened them again he closed the distance between them, backing her into the arm of his couch.

“Nothing?” He questioned, his eyes dark and deep, penetrating her defenses.

“Kinda like kissing your brother?” He leaned in, his mouth mere inches from her lips and all she could think about was kissing him again.

“Sexless?” He whispered and she shivered as his breath teased her dry lips.

She closed her eyes licked her lips and leaned in, waited for him to close the distance between them.

He couldn't help the smile this time. She stood there, obviously wanting to kiss him. Waiting. This was more like it, more like what he'd imagined.

“Hey, Bones.” He whispered. He could feel the tension between them. Could feel the pull of her body, the need. The air heavy with anticipation and expectation.

“... you lied a lot.” He teased and stepped back.

Her eyes flew open and her cheeks reddened. This was a mistake. He didn't want this. She was such a fool to come here and...

He watched her mood shift to uncertain, and then almost panic as she tried to step around him. Sensing that he'd blown it, he quickly caught her arm and tugged her back to him.

“I've got to go, Booth--” She objected.

Disagreeing, he caught her chin with one hand and quickly sealed his lips to hers.

She dissolved in his arms, stepped closer and wrapped her arms around his neck. Buried her hands in his hair. Pressed herself against his skin.

He felt her heart beat rapidly against his skin, let his hands wander her back, cup her cheek. Explore the sharp edges and gentle curves.

He couldn't get enough. Her taste, her touch, her smell...

It felt like forever. She didn't remember wanting him that long.

He pushed her backwards toward the couch, needed to feel her under him.

She flipped them around and gently pushed him back toward the couch as his lips wandered down her neck. He chuckled, sat, and pulled her down into his lap.

“Still nothing?” He questioned and she laughed against his jaw, her lips soft and wet on his skin. Kissed her way up his jaw to whisper in his ear.

“Nope, nothing. Maybe you should try harder.”

His fingers inched under her shirt and played along her back.

“Maybe you just aren't sitting close enough.” He murmured against her neck.

“I don't think that's the problem.” She smirked and squirmed in his lap and he gripped her hips to keep her in place, threw his head back against the couch and groaned.

Laughter spilled from her lips at his reaction and she couldn't remember having this much fun in a long time. Leaning in she kissed his lips chastely.

“You know--”

He wrapped his fingers in her hair and tugged her back to his lips, silencing her.

“I think we've done enough talking for now, don't you?” He whispered minutes later.

She ran her hands down his chest and tucked her fingers in his waistband.

“I couldn't agree more.”

He slid his hands down her back and grabbed her ass.

“Though...” He leaned in and nibbled on her swollen bottom lip. “I gotta say...”

She returned the favor, lingering longer, pulling away slowly with his lip still trapped between her teeth. He caught her upper lip and teased it with his tongue until she opened for him and he slid inside.

“What where you saying...” She panted softly.

“I love my Christmas present.” He teased.

“You haven't even unwrapped it yet?” She pulled back confused, she hadn't even given him his gift yet.

He roared with laughter.

“What?”

AN: Another (clears throat) chapter may be added at a later date.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Christmas Gifts - By Phoebsfan Posted 28/11/2007 10:01:15 PM Empty Re: Christmas Gifts - By Phoebsfan Posted 28/11/2007 10:01:15 PM

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:39 pm

jerseybones

Posted 28/11/2007 10:21:43 PM

oh my god, i'm sweating.

that was really good. so many great lines to chose as a favorite.

They were so damn good at that denial part sometimes he couldn't tell what the truth was.
It was good, sure, but he could do so much better.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Christmas Gifts - By Phoebsfan Posted 28/11/2007 10:01:15 PM Empty Re: Christmas Gifts - By Phoebsfan Posted 28/11/2007 10:01:15 PM

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:39 pm

JAXTIG

Posted 28/11/2007 11:21:28 PM

That was great! I love how serious it was in the beginning and turned playful in the end. awsome job!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:40 pm

space

Posted 29/11/2007 08:56:31 AM

Oh, Phoebs! This rocked! So let him unwrap his Christmas present already!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

nane

Posted 29/11/2007 09:59:43 AM

That was great, the denial part was awesome. You see them both sitting there and not knowing where they stand (sit) with each other, SO TRUE!!! Wouldn´t mind to get another chappie!!!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Kasper

Posted 29/11/2007 02:27:18 PM

Holy cow that was awesome! And there MUST be another chapter. I decree it.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:41 pm

saraluvzbonz

Posted 29/11/2007 03:07:09 PM

Loved the end where she's confused about what he thinks his Christmas present is.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

DBAngelfan

Posted 30/11/2007 01:26:21 AM

lolol I love it
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

fanofbones

Posted 30/11/2007 01:47:20 AM

Phoebs that was hot girl....god how I love his playfulness.....so much fun to read...
and would love another chapter....

fab
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:42 pm

miller0259

Posted 30/11/2007 02:39:32 PM

My god...I don't think I'll be able to focus on anything soon after reading that....Holy snap....that was amazing!!
lol I loved those last few lines!! She was so clueless!!
I hope there's more! That would be awesome, you always do a wonderful job!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

A2BOREANAZ

Posted 02/12/2007 10:48:57 AM

ha phoebs........that was awesome.......i so loved the last line......ha ha.....priceless i tell ya........great job woman...oh how frustrating those two are......but we must love it, cause here we are week after week waiting and wanting things to happen.....and i dont know if you should continue, it was perfect the way you have it........but if you do continue, that would be super cool also.....in any case, i liked..............whoooo hooooo
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

CheeseBK

Posted 03/12/2007 04:57:06 AM

oh, this is just 100% adorable.... and I think he has to unwrap it soon!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:43 pm

CaRiNeSs

Posted 03/12/2007 02:31:30 PM

Aww....if only that was really what happened!!! Great job...hope you continue this! Please post more soon!!!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:00 am

Here's another Christmas story. Phoebsfan wrote this one a couple years ago too.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum