Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Try That Again--Booth's Mistletoe Do-Over Author: Redrider6612

2 posters

Go down

Let's Try That Again--Booth's Mistletoe Do-Over Author: Redrider6612 Empty Let's Try That Again--Booth's Mistletoe Do-Over Author: Redrider6612

Post by A2BOREANAZ Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:02 pm

So, yeah, I had to join all the other fic writers who wanted to put in their two cents about 'the kiss'. This is a one shot. Got that? Read my lips "ONE SHOT" lol

Mistletoe Do-Over

I was trying not to let it bug me. After all, she probably only said that for Caroline’s benefit. No way that was how she really felt. I’ve kissed my fair share of women and I know how a woman reacts when they’re not into it. She had felt something alright. To be honest, it scared me nearly as much as my own reaction to the kiss.

Up until the moment I was shoved under the mistletoe, I hadn’t really thought she was going to go through with it. I mean, c’mon, we’re partners. Mistletoe tradition or not, she knew how I felt about crossing that line between us. Besides, I’m sure I coulda got Caroline to hold up her end without going through with it. Even if she was feeling ‘puckish’—I’m still not sure what the hell that’s supposed to mean—she’s a reasonable woman. I coulda persuaded her, given the chance. But no, Bones just had to go along with it. Makes me think she kinda wanted to do it, she put up so little fight about it. If I know her—and let’s face it, I do—she probably did it as some kind of anthropological experiment, just to satisfy her own curiosity.

Still, did she have to compare it to kissing her brother? As the other participant to the kiss, I can promise you it was not the kind of kiss you would share with a sibling. Unless you were talkin’ incest, which I know isn’t the case with Bones and Russ.

I walked into her office. It was late and I had confirmed with the guard on duty that everyone had gone home. Bones was engrossed with something on her computer, but she gave me a puzzled glance when I jingled the change in my pocket.

“What are you doing here?” she asked, looking back at her monitor.

“Well, the forensic guy didn’t have the results for me yet, so I just—“ I trailed off, suddenly at a loss. How exactly should I ask her?

She looked up at me again, which didn’t help my thought processes. “Well, these things take time. He’ll probably have it for you tomorrow.” Glancing at her watch, she shut down her computer. “I didn’t realize it was so late.” She got up and grabbed her coat and bag and I started to panic. She was going to leave before I could ask her.

“Bones, I was wondering…” I began. She stopped halfway to the door, turning to look at me quizzically. My mouth was suddenly completely dry and my palms were sweating. Shit. She was staring at me, waiting, impatient to be off. “Did you mean what you said earlier?” I finally managed to say. She frowned, apparently mystified. I almost groaned with frustration at her cluelessness. “What you said about kissing me.”

A smile quirked her lips. “Yeah,” she said with a husky chuckle, folding her arms at her waist. Something in my face made her smile fade. “That bothers you, doesn’t it?”

“No,” I said too quickly. She was frowning. “Well, maybe. I mean, as far as kisses go, I wouldn’t say it was my best, but then I didn’t have much warning and its not like I ever thought of kissing you—“

“Really?” she cut in curiously. “Never?”

My eyes widened in alarm. I didn’t like the vibes I was getting from her. “Of course not,” I bluffed. “We’re partners!”

“You’re a healthy attractive man and I am a healthy attractive woman. It would be perfectly natural if you had,” she said in that damned logical tone that always drove me nuts. I suspected she knew that and that’s why she did it.

Time to get back on track. “So, are you telling me you always slip in a little tongue action when you kiss Russ?” I asked provocatively.

She had the grace to blush. “Of course not! What kind of sick, perverted person do you think I am?” she blustered. Score! I thought triumphantly, careful to keep a straight face.

“You felt something when we kissed,” I insisted firmly.

“No, I didn’t,” she said, but her eyes didn’t quite meet mine.

“Fine. Prove it,” I challenged.

That got her attention. Her wide eyes locked with mine. “Prove it? How?” she asked, as though she didn’t already know.

I pointed up at the mistletoe I was standing under. “Kiss me again,” I said, silently daring her to chicken out. Shock froze her to the spot and she stared at me with her mouth hanging open. “C’mon, Bones. This time we don’t have an audience and you can give me your honest reaction. Consider it one of your anthropological experiments.”

She didn’t move for a full minute and I figured there was a fifty/fifty chance she was gonna bolt. Finally she set her coat and bag on the desk and turned toward me. As she approached, I could see she was in full squint mode, a thoughtful look on her face. Stopping in front of me, she tipped her head back and closed her eyes, looking like some kind of saint steeling herself for sacrifice. It just made me more determined to show her there was no way she didn’t feel anything when we kissed. I ended up showing myself just how much I’d been fooling myself when it came to my feelings for her.

I grasped her upper arms and leaned down to press my lips to hers, tilting my head to get a better fit. Her lips were soft, but firmly sealed. Undeterred, I opened my mouth, running my tongue along the seam of her lips, sipping at her like she was the best thing I’d ever tasted. Finally, just when I was beginning to think she’d never give, she opened up with a ragged sigh that stole my breath away. She grabbed my lapels and stepped closer, tilting her head and opening her mouth wider. I stroked her tongue with mine softly, savoring the taste of her. Then she sucked at my tongue lightly and nearly blew the top of my head off.

I groaned and slipped my arms around her, pulling her close. Her body sagged against me as the kiss picked up steam and exhilaration rushed through me. No way was she gonna be able to say this was a brotherly kiss.

I knew the moment she came to her senses. She stiffened in my arms, palms flattened against my chest. I raised my head and looked down at her, dazed by the sensations that were zinging through me. Her lips were swollen and red, her eyes wide and stunned. My arms fell away as she stiff-armed me and turned away to hide from me. I was gratified to note she was slightly out of breath, and though her face was averted, I could see her cheek was flushed.

“Well?” I pressed when I could speak in a reasonably calm voice.

“Okay,” she said hoarsely.

“Okay what?” I pressed. I wasn’t letting her off that easy.

“It wasn’t like kissing my brother,” she muttered. She wouldn’t look at me.

“No, it sure as hell wasn’t,” I said. ‘What now?’ I wondered. I hadn’t thought beyond this point.

She straightened and moved slowly towards her coat and bag. “I’ll—see you later,” she murmured. She still hadn’t looked at me.

“Bones,” I said as she reached the doorway. She turned and finally looked at me, the mask firmly in place. I searched for the right thing to say, but came up empty. “Take care,” I said lamely. She nodded jerkily, and then she was gone.

Running a hand around the back of my neck, I stood there in the silence, trying to get my head around what had just happened. ‘What an idiot!’ I thought, suddenly irritated with myself. I had set out to prove something to my stubborn partner, but wound up getting burned myself. Things were about to get really interesting.

@@@@@

Hehe, yeah, I just had to write it in the first person, even though I don't generally like first person. Let me know what you thought.
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Let's Try That Again--Booth's Mistletoe Do-Over Author: Redrider6612 Empty Re: Let's Try That Again--Booth's Mistletoe Do-Over Author: Redrider6612

Post by A2BOREANAZ Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:03 pm

Oh, first-person definitely works in this case, babe! That was awesome! I'm not gonna beg, cause I know you stand firm... but I hope this one continues in my dreams tonite!!

space
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Let's Try That Again--Booth's Mistletoe Do-Over Author: Redrider6612 Empty Re: Let's Try That Again--Booth's Mistletoe Do-Over Author: Redrider6612

Post by A2BOREANAZ Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:04 pm

I loved it. I loved the unfinished openness of the ending. I love how in character and utterly PLAUSIBLE it was. I love feeling like I'm inside Booth's head. I love the heat of that kiss. That was the uneditted version. That was what was cut out of the episode. The aftermath, the real kiss, the do-over.

jerseybones
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:05 pm

clears throat...

give me a moment to collect myself.

FANTASTIC! Seriously, one of the best I've read. I really liked the whole set up and I think the first person thing adds to it. So wether you like it or not it works really well for this.

Thanks for sharing.

phoebsfan
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:06 pm

red - absolutely perfect in every way....loved the first person the best.....
and the kiss was hot hot hot....the way it should be.....
loved the open ending as well....hell....
maybe that's musie letting you know who's boss here.....and she might just have a chapter or two more up her deliciously talented sleeve....

fab
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:07 pm

Yeah...that was great! I liked it... and I know you said one shot...but come on....you could give us her point of view if nothing else Smile Great job Smile

cariness
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:07 pm

Thank you for all the great reviews, guys. So glad you liked it. Think I got our man's thoughts down pretty well? Hehe, I think I'm obsessing a bit too much about our favorite FBI guy.

Anyway, thank you for the idea, cariness, very interesting! Musie perked up when I read that, so we'll see if she will favor us with a 'Brennnan POV'. I don't 'get' Brennan as well as I do Booth, but it's possible.

redrider6612
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:08 pm

red.....cant believe you put us thru that and say it only a one shot.....i do like caris idea.....perhaps you should think on that one.......and then its done.......

back to your post....wonderful and so hot.....i have been trying to get my own booth for christmas, but so far nothing....just blow up dolls that you stick a picture on.....and it wont do...i want the real human being.......i will keep searching.....and you just keep writing.....i need to go and take a shower now...whooooooo damn red....that was hot.......
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:09 pm

Did you really mean it when you said "ONE SHOT" because I hope you didn't! and phoebsfan I love your icon and signature, did you make it or is it a real pic?

bones206
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:09 pm

OMg that was amazing please add another part make it a 2 shot or 3 or4

semperence1
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:10 pm

*THUD*

Why didn't he go after her? jeez....

miller0259
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:11 pm

hmmm I thought I reviewed on this already???

I LOVED IT!!!!

CheeseBK
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:12 pm

Sorry everybody, I tried, I really did, but I'm afraid this is going to remain a one shot. I can't seem to get Brennan's thoughts on this scene. As for actually writing a continuation, I got nothin', zip, nada.

redrider6612
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:12 pm

I completely understand red! believe me, i still dont have anything after four months for my little fic. oh well, you will have more i am sure! right? hehe

my favorite part:

“Well?” I pressed when I could speak in a reasonably calm voice.

“Okay,” she said hoarsely.

“Okay what?” I pressed. I wasn’t letting her off that easy.

“It wasn’t like kissing my brother,” she muttered. She wouldn’t look at me.

“No, it sure as hell wasn’t,” I said. ‘What now?’ I wondered. I hadn’t thought beyond this point.

loved this!!!

he is a wee puppet man
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:13 pm

RED! Another fic in first person? Haha....

Seriously, it was great! I loved it!

flyersfan35
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:51 pm

I really love reading redrider's pieces. Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down