Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Pink Lines - posted by riviera 41797 [ 07/10/2007)

+3
riviera41797
annd28
CheeseBK
7 posters

Go down

Two Pink Lines - posted by riviera 41797 [ 07/10/2007) Empty Two Pink Lines - posted by riviera 41797 [ 07/10/2007)

Post by CheeseBK Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:06 pm

Okay guys - this is one of my MOST popular fic's I've written, and am currently working on a sequel. Let me know if you want me to post the sequel here too. - R -

Dr. Temperance Brennan stared down, disbelieving at the two little pink lines on the stick she had just urinated on, approximately 3.5 minutes ago. Denial was no longer an option.

This was the 3rd test she’d taken. The first was from her local pharmacy, the second from a grocery store, and the third was from a different pharmacy. There was no way that the tests were defective. or that there was an error at the factory, as she’d purchased 3 different types. Nor was it possible it was a drug interaction causing the false positive. She took no drugs or medications of any type.

She let out a heavy sigh, running her fingers through her auburn hair.

There was no use denying the obvious. She was definitely 3 months pregnant. Her period was always light, having the IUD didn’t seem to change that much. So when she missed the last 2 months, she thought nothing of it. Then the symptoms started.

Tossing the white stick into her home office garbage can, she leaned forward, resting her head in her hands, her elbows on the desk, she willed herself not to cry. Crying wouldn’t fix anything. She had to think about this. Find a solution.
How could this have happened? 3 years ago she’d had an IUD inserted, and was supposed to be good for up to 10 years, and 99% effective. 99%! There was no way she was the 1% failure rate. That was just not logical!

The only possible explanation was her body rejected it, and she wasn’t aware. She hadn’t checked for the string for several months of course. She figured if it hadn’t been rejected in the first 6 months, it wouldn’t reject at all. Wrong assumption apparently.

Picking up her phone, she made an appointment with her doctor for noon that day. She may as well get checked out and confirm this once and for all, although she had no doubt in her mind the result would change. Prenatal vitamins of course would have to be prescribed, as the growing fetus would require a larger amount of nutrients that what she normally consumed. She mentally thought of the diet she should be starting to accommodate this new development.

Should she tell Angela? Should she not? She shared everything with her best friend. Well, almost everything she conceded to herself guiltily. Recalling a recent event between herself and Booth. She for sure had to tell Russ. He would never understand not talking to his sister for several months, and she was fairly certain he’d keep her secret.

Angela hadn’t noticed her recent slight weight gain, nor had she noticed her friend’s flu like symptoms she had been experiencing lately. Angela though had been busy with Hodgins, her current flame. She hadn’t seen her friend so excited, and in love for a long time. Angela must have chalked it up to stress, and her huge workload, the long hours working cases with Booth….

Temperance stood, stretched and walked over to her refrigerator.

Her latest craving was these cookies that Booth had shared with her not too long ago, Oreo Cookies dunked in milk. She was on her 3rd package this week. She was grateful she had a fast metabolism.

She knew she should be eating healthier, but these darn cookies were all she could think about some times. She even had a package in her desk drawer. Snatching the carton of milk, pouring a tall glass, she put the carton back in the fridge, and opened the cookie jar on the counter, a recent purchase, and snatched a handful of cookies. She sat down at the counter bar stool to eat and think. She knew that the emotions she was feeling was a normal part of the serotonin release necessary for the survival of the species, however it certainly felt like a lot more experiencing it. Books say one thing, living it was another.

Booth. She thought. She should tell him too of course, as the father, he had a right to know. She munched on the cookie thoughtfully, wondering how he’d react. Would he be furious?

Would it end their partnership? What if it ruined his career, not to mention hers? How did he handle it when Rebecca told him of Parker? The conversation never came up.

This is not good. She knew he was Catholic, so termination was out of the question, not only for his beliefs, but for her own, as that was living tissue inside of her, a combination of both of their genes. Studies had shown that the heart begins beating at 18 days; fingerprints and hair were also visible. Shaking her head at her overwhelming emotions, she gulped down the glass of milk and stared off into space.

Booth had stopped over at her house New Years Eve, inviting her to join him at Wong Fu’s to ring in the New Year. Memories came flooding back to her, as if it were only yesterday, not months ago. It almost seemed like a dream she had, not quite real.

Evidence now pointed otherwise.

She’d been home alone, with no plans; he must have felt sorry for her, because they never left her place. They stayed and talked long into the night, about her life in the foster system after her parents had disappeared, his life as Army Ranger, and how his life had changed after he got back.

They had talked, shared and bonded all over 3 bottles of French
Champagne. The rest was a bit hazy to her; she vaguely remembered him leaning over to kiss her, his arms slipping around her waist, and her immediate response. Later, she seemed to remember taking a very erotic shower with him, and waking around noon in bed with him, his arm slung protectively around her waist, his breath in her hair.

Waking was an extremely embarrassing moment between them, regardless of what they had done in the shower and the bedroom.

Alcohol had a way of releasing inhibitions she thought ruefully.

Normally, she’d chalk it up to purely physical recreational sex, but even to her it was something much more. She could still hear him whisper in her ear, as he trailed kisses down her neck and collar bone“Oh God…I’ve wanted this for so long…” Which clearly meant he’d thought about it. She’d be lying to say she hadn’t.

Not that she wanted him to know that, however she had no recollection of saying anything like that.

She wasn’t sure how he’d felt about it afterwards, as he seemed very nervous, trying to make jokes, and pretend nothing was wrong. She did her best to ease his discomfort, and after hastily gathering his clothes, he had left.

While it was true they had both been attracted to each other, and dancing around each other for months, this was a step they were both nowhere near ready to take. She had just gotten out of a relationship with David, and he was juggling Cam and Rebecca.

Clearly a relationship was not in the cards for them.

The following day, she received a curt voicemail message, asking her to meet him at the Royal Diner, where they’d both agreed it was an alcohol induced mistake, and they should forget it ever happened and move on. – remain strictly professional partners.

He seemed relieved she didn’t become an emotional wreck, and she was relieved they could try to move past it. She knew he had unresolved feelings for her, as she did him, but now was clearly not the time to examine them.

Right. Easier said than done.

Glancing over at her kitchen calendar, she noted she still had a considerable amount of vacation time left. She wondered what she was going to be doing on her vacation this year. Obviously warm sandy beaches in a bikini were out of the question.

Suddenly, a thought occurred to her. While it was true she’d just made the discovery of her pregnancy, Booth didn’t HAVE to know…she could work as long as reasonably possible, as soon as she started to show, she could go on her annual vacation, taking a bit more time than usual, put up the baby for adoption, come home, and no one would be the wiser.

She knew keeping their child would do nothing for her career, not to mention his. It would possibly destroy his relationship with Cam not to mention a considerable amount of tension between he and Parkers mother. Somehow she didn’t think they could remain partners with an infant between them.

She was now 3 months along, and the only change she’d seen is her breasts were maybe slightly larger. She gauged she had another 2 months, maybe 3 before she’d have to leave.

She knew she couldn’t tell Angela. She’d only tell Booth at the first opportunity, thinking they could all live happily ever after.

No. Booth couldn’t know.

She’d speak to Dr. Goodman and Cam as soon as she got to work on Monday. She plenty of time to research adoption and where to go on vacation. Perhaps she could make it a working vacation and work on her next two books she had contracted for with her editor.
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3762
Say What You Want : don't provoke the lunatic!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Two Pink Lines - posted by riviera 41797 [ 07/10/2007) Empty Re: Two Pink Lines - posted by riviera 41797 [ 07/10/2007)

Post by CheeseBK Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:09 pm

splitted, because message was too big
FANFICTION BY RIVIERA!

2 ½ months later

Special Agent Seeley Booth had a feeling something was up with is partner Bones. She had been acting strangely lately, yet when he questioned her, she remained insistent that everything was fine. He couldn’t quite put his finger on the change in her.

Certainly she was quieter around him, and he’d been surprised she hadn’t wanted to accompany him for some fieldwork he’d asked her to do with him also, when in the past he had a hard time keeping her in the lab.

Striding into her office, he wasn’t surprised to see her asleep at her desk. He’d been finding her like that more and more lately. Standing there a moment, observing her, her auburn hair spilling out over her desktop, head resting in her arms. Her mouth slightly parted, even deep breaths coming in and out.

His mind skipped back to that New Years Eve night, he’d spend in her arms at her house, in her shower, in her bed. He’d thought about it nearly every night the last several months. She hadn’t mentioned it though since they had that last uncomfortable discussion at Royal diner, so it seemed wise not to bring it up.

He was no longer seeing Cam or Rebecca, but Bones hadn’t seemed interested in his love life, so he didn’t bring that up either.

Taking a step towards her, he glanced down at her trash can. An empty Oreo package lay discarded. She sure seemed to enjoy those a lot lately, he mused with a smile. He gently shook her arm. “Bones…..hey” he said softly not wanting to break the spell.

She jumped slightly as she awoke, looking slightly disoriented.

Glancing up at him, her blue eyes tired, dark circles beneath them “Booth…oh hi, did we have an appointment?” she asked him sleepily, running a hand through her tousled hair.

“Nah, I just thought I’d stop by and see how you were, you seem like you’ve been tired lately, you feeling okay Bones?” he asked her lightly, flashing her a smile.

She abruptly stood, her entire demeanor changing. “I’m fine. I’ve been meaning to let you know in fact I will be gone on an extended sabbatical effective this coming Friday” she said rather curtly

“Vacation time again huh Bones?” he said, trying to lighten the mood “Where you off to? Some exotic location to dig up bones or do volunteer work?” he joked, watching her closely as she paced around the room

“Actually, no I am going to work on my book, I have 2 books I need to get written, and I am not going to disclose my location to anyone this time around, you will see me when I get back, just like everyone else” she said, turning to face him

He thought about what she’d just said. It sounded to him like
she was either hiding something or running from something.

Frowning, he grasped her shoulders, forcing her to look into his eyes

“Bones, what’s going on?” He said point blank, hands resting gently on her shoulders

“Nothing that you need to concern yourself about, just a vacation, that’s all, Zach and Cam can help you while I am gone, nothing they shouldn’t be able to handle while I am gone” she advised him, without meeting his eyes, moving out from his grasp, pacing again.

She was acting suspicious he thought to himself.

“How long we talkin’ here Bones?” he demanded, eyes unwavering from her form, which was flitting about her office, trying to keep busy, not meeting his gaze.

“I will be gone just over 6 months, maybe 7” she said in a quiet voice “so I talked to Russ the other day, he has a – “

“Why are you going to be gone so long? 6 MONTHS?” he demanded, nearly shouting

“I can’t deal with those squints for 6 months! Come on, can we cut it down to 3?” he wheedled, following her around the office

“Sorry Booth, this is non negotiable, it can’t be helped. I am sure Cam can find a suitable replacement” she said as she tried to get around him, and out of her office. He put both of his arms up on either side of her office doorway.

“Bones” he said “look at me, would ya?”

Wordlessly, she looked up at him, clear blue eyes meeting deep brown ones

“Bones. Let me in here, what’s going on?” he said softly

“Nothing I can’t handle Booth” she shoved past him and left her office and Booth behind, wondering what was making her act so strangely.

“Sweetie, I don’t understand why you need to be gone for almost
6 months. That’s a long time. What are you going to be doing all that time? You’ll go nuts with boredom. You need us for distraction, cases, Booth…” she trailed off, looking at her suggestively, with a smirk

Angela had come over after work, bringing 2 large pizzas, in an effort to pry more information out of her friend on her vacation whereabouts. So far she had no luck at all.

“Ang, I told you. I am going to finish 2 books I am under contract to write. My editor is really breathing down my neck to get these out, besides, I’ve taken long vacations before, and you guys will manage., I’ve been under a lot of stress with Cam at work, and it will be nice to get away” she said, reaching across the table, grabbing her 4th slice of pizza. She couldn’t seem to get enough to eat lately, she thought to herself

“Yeah, but you’ve never been gone for this LONG hon. It’s never been more than 2 months before. You haven’t even told Booth where you are going, plus you are not telling us WHERE you are going, or how to reach you” she pointed out, shoving a slice of pizza in her mouth, following it with a swig of beer.

“Booth wants to know where you are going to be in case he has questions on a case or something” she said between mouthfuls
Brennan stared at her friend a moment, disconcerted that Booth had talked to her about this. She was definitely glad she didn’t say anything to her now about the baby. She could just hear the arguments of happily ever after.

“The only person who will be in touch with me, or know where I am is Russ” she said, and got up to throw the empty pizza boxes away. Coming back to the table, and sitting down, she faced her friend.

“If something comes up on the case with my parents, Booth can call Russ. He has the number” she said, folding her hands in front of her

“Look, I am going to miss you too, just trust me on this okay?” she said, glancing away, not meeting her friend’s eyes.

“Fine, fine. I will back off on this. But if something huge comes up, I am SO calling Russ” she said, giving her a stern look. “And you know I have a way with men, getting what I want, regardless if he is your brother or not, I may just be forced to use those “ways she said suggestively. “you are going to call and check in at least, right?” Angela prodded

Temperance smiled at her friend. She was going to miss her. “Yes, I promise I will at least call YOU and check in, okay?”

Angela yawned and stood up. “I should go anyway. I have to get up early tomorrow, I have Cardio Kickboxing class at 8am, gotta keep this bod of mine in tip top shape” she said, and shook her fanny as she walked towards the door. “What time are you leaving tomorrow anyway?” she asked over her shoulder as she got her purse

“I am leaving at 8am, I won’t have my cell, but will be checking my answering machine while I am gone” she called to her friend.

“Okay. Be careful hon, and please, for Gods sake, will you please tell Booth where you are going? Because you know what? He is going to drive me crazy trying to get me to tell him what I don’t know anyway!” she said, throwing her arms out wide dramatically

“Ang, I told you. Only Russ is going to know” she smiled at her friend as she got up and embraced her in a warm hug. “Take care, okay?”

After Angela left, she called her brother; she may as well bring him up to speed too. Nothing like waiting until the last minute she thought to herself, stroking her slightly protruding abdomen. She’d taken to wearing leggings and oversized button down shirts around home. It hid her bulging tummy well. Her work wardrobe hadn’t changed too much, as her lab coat hid a lot, and she’d refused the last few fieldwork assignments with Booth, pleading the need to stay in the lab. . Good thing she was leaving, hiding the baby was becoming more and more difficult, she thought as she heard her brother answer on the second ring.

“Hello” he answered

“Hey, it’s me” she said to her brother, as she nervously chewed on her thumbnail

“Hi sis, what’s up? I got your message on the machine the other day, haven’t had time to call you back” he replied, she could hear water running in the back ground, and dishes clanging. He must be doing dishes as he talked to her. “You okay?” he asked quickly

She stood, and began pacing as she spoke. “Russ, I am going on vacation for a while. I am going to be out of the DC area for a little longer than I usually am on vacations” she said, trying to keep her tone even, working herself up to letting him know why

“Yeah, why?” he said absently, she heard him turn off the water, the back ground silent, he was obviously investing all his attention on their conversation now, she though gulping nervously

“Well, its sort of hard to explain, see, you know that Booth and I are partners, a few months ago, we had a one night stand, and…” he cut her off mid-sentence

“What? What the hell Temperance!” he shouted “how the hell did that happen? I thought you guys weren’t like that, at least that is what you told me” he challenged

“Russ, we aren’t. It was an alcohol induced mistake” she said in a tired voice, still pacing around her living room

“Wait, what does this have to do with you going on an extended vacation?” he pressed on

“Oh….oh Tempe, no” he said, suddenly realizing what had happened “when is it due Tempe? Does he know what’s going on?” he shot out the questions one after the other
Temperance sighed. This wasn’t going as she’d hoped at all.

“The baby is due around September 4th” she said in a quiet voice, “and spare me the lecture on safe sex Russ. I had an IUD the doctor thinks it was expelled at some point. In answer to your second question, no he does not know, nor will he. I am going to put the baby up for adoption, you know how I feel about bring a child into this world Russ” she said in an angry voice

“He has a right to know Tempe, and would it be so bad, keeping it?” he asked her quietly

“I don’t want to ruin our partnership, and the friendship we have. Plus, it wouldn’t do much for his career or mine” she shot back, anger filling her voice, she’d had this same argument with herself a thousand times in the last 3 months.

“Those sound like pretty lame excuses Tempe” he answered her

“Russ. I’ve made up my mind on this. Are you going to back me up on my decision, or are you going to make me regret telling you at all? You are the only one I’ve told Russ, only you?” she said, her voice shaking with unshed tears, silently willing herself not to cry. Her emotions seemed to be on a wild rollercoaster lately, which she knew was normal, given her hormonal situation.

“Yeah, yeah Tempe I guess I will. I don’t like it but I will. You better hope he doesn’t find out” he advised her grimly.

“He won’t. I am going to Minnesota. I will be in a small community, renting a small cabin on a lake; I will have a phone, and internet access. I will call you when I arrive” she told him

“Fine” he paused for a moment, then “ I love you, you know that, right Tempe?” he said in a sad voice

“I know Russ, I love you too” she said before she hung up
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Two Pink Lines - posted by riviera 41797 [ 07/10/2007) Empty Re: Two Pink Lines - posted by riviera 41797 [ 07/10/2007)

Post by CheeseBK Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:11 pm

FANFICTION BY RIVIERA!

She stood there a moment, briefly considering their conversation.

She COULD keep the baby, it wouldn’t be that bad, would it? A little boy or girl, looking just like Booth, he is a fantastic father, they could get past their differences, couldn’t they?…she shook her head slowly. No. No, it would never work. This is the only option.

While it was true, she had been harboring deep feelings for Booth, he clearly wasn’t reciprocating, as he was with Cam, or Rebecca, or whatever his flavor of the month was. Not to mention the fact she wasn’t even his type at all. They fought all the time, and they had nothing in common.

Booth had a hard enough time battling for time with Parker. She treasured what little time she had with him, even as just partners or friends, this could ruin it. She didn’t want to become what he and Rebecca were. Not to mention today’s society, and bringing a child into this world. What would happen if she or Booth were to get killed, would their child end up in the foster system? No. She couldn’t do that.

Adoption was for people who desperately wanted a baby and couldn’t have one on their own biologically They WANTED the baby. This was for the best.

She had been feeling a lot of really strong kicks lately, and the doctor had even told her she could find out the sex of her baby if she really wanted to know, but she didn’t. It would be easier for her to let go if she knew as little as possible. Her maternal instincts were kicking in, she told herself, yet the love she felt for her unborn child was all emcompassing. She had even found herself thinking up scenarios where she could keep her child. Feeling the life moving inside of her had been hard.

She found herself wanting to talk to the life within, but suppressed the urge. It was for the best. Her only fear was a nosy and impatient Booth would find her before she could arrage the adoption.

Seeley Booth sat in the dark SUV, staring up at her window. The streetlight he was parked next to was burnt out, so he was hidden in the dark, should she look out her window. He’d been sitting here since 5am, thinking about what to say to her. It was now 6:30am, and based on what Angela had reported to him the night before, she was set to leave for her vacation at 8am. He didn’t want to have to use his FBI Resources to find out where he was going, but if push came to shove, he would.

Now all he had to do was convince her to tell him what the hell was going on, and why she’d been acting so strangely the last 3 months. It couldn’t be about her father, as there were no developments in the case, and Russ was doing fine, so that nixed that. She wasn’t seeing anyone, so it couldn’t be a break up issue, the tension between her and Cam had calmed, and he knew that wasn’t it either. He also knew she hadn’t been seeking other forms of employment, Angela reported that to him.

She had been unusually quiet, not wanting to go out on the majority of field work, nor had she been working long hours.

He’d even go as far as to say she’d seemed evasive. That wasn’t like their relationship at all. He thought they had a solid friendship going. Cam also had asked him what was up with the forensic anthropologist. The squints all knew something was up, none of them knew what.

He couldn’t think of any reason she was mad at him, she didn’t hide her anger well, so that wasn’t it. His gut told him something was going on, but he couldn’t figure out what it was. He had a hunch it may have to do with what happened back on New Years Eve.

He’d been spooked at his feelings for her, and gave her the “lets stay professional” speech, and went back to his on again off again relationship of sorts with Cam. That ended badly, as she gave HIM the same speech he gave Bones and he was back to square one, thinking of that long ago January night.

He’d been fighting his not so professional feelings for his partner for 6 months, and that all came to a head that night.

She seemed okay with moving forward as if nothing ever happened when they talked. He had been secretly hoping she’d reveal she felt the same, put out some sort of fight, but she didn’t.

Letting out a deep sigh, and tilting his head back on the headrest of the seat, he noticed the lights had come on in her apartment. Now was as good as time as any, he thought to himself, snatching the keys out of the ignition, exiting his vehicle and striding towards the entrance to her building.

Taking the stairs two at a time, he found himself before her doorway, hand poised before the door. He paused a moment, holding his breath, then knocked.

A moment later, a very tired looking disheveled Bones answered the door, wearing a long oversized white tee-shirt, and nothing else. His eyes skipped down her body, and back up again.
Hold on….why was her abdomen protruding like that? Had she gained weight? He’d have been blind not to see her chest was larger, and more defined, and her face had filled out slightly, but the clothes she’d taken to wear had been hiding her torso more than previously. He’d been preoccupied and didn’t think anything of it…until now

Unless…oh God. She was pregnant! And from the looks of things, this was not a new development!

What the hell? Quickly doing the math, his eyes narrowed and said to her between clenched teeth

“Bones. Is there something you’ve been meaning to tell me?” He managed to get out in an even tone, trying to keep his breathing even

She paled and glanced down at her attire, which seemed to accent her growing middle, not hide it. She looked back up at him, and ran her hands through her hair. “Booth….”

Pushing past her, he stormed into her apartment, throwing the door shut behind him with a loud bang.

“Okay so you are going on vacation, to God knows where, to do what specifically?” he yelled at her, his hands on his hips, staring at where she stood before him. Here eyes were filled with unshed tears.

“Okay, let me explain…” she began, walking past him, and shaking a handful of antacids from a bottle on the counter, and tossing them into her mouth, following it with a glass of water. She hated having this non stop heart burn, and this crying at the smallest thing!

“Yeah, do that, because right now I can see you were running away and weren’t going to tell me you were pregnant with my baby, convince me otherwise Bones” he growled at her, his eyes piercing into her own. “I assume it is MY baby, right?” he added in an angry tone

“Yes, it is yours. Who else’s would it be? Booth, I’m going to Minnesota, I’m going to rent a small cabin until the baby is born, and then…” she hesitated a moment, turning away from him, glancing down at her middle. This was hard. She knew she was hurting him. It wasn’t supposed to happen like this.

“What Bones, what were you going to do then? Because you know, you uh sure as hell aren’t going to do that now you know” he told her

“Clearly I wasn’t in the picture here, when were you planning on telling me I was going to be a father again? Or were you even going to do that?”

“I was going to put the baby up for adoption” she said finally, not facing him, tears streaming down her face

“Nice. So you were going to give our baby away to strangers to take care of and never tell me, is that it?” he shouted at her, he was so mad, he cold barley contain his anger, he wanted nothing more than to pick up the nearest vase and throw it as hard as he could against her wall. “Don’t you think I have a right to know? That I’d WANT to know? You know how I feel about Parker!” he yelled at her form, from behind, she looked no different, but turn her around and everything changed.

“Temperance, look at me dammit” he said, twirling her around with one hand on her shoulder

Tears were spilling down her cheeks, here eyes bright blue and watery. Her nose and cheeks were red from crying.

She shrugged lightly, and said between sobs “I didn’t want children Booth; I told you that, I thought this way, it wouldn’t…wouldn’t… “ She gulped and sobbed “ruin your career, or mine.
You wouldn’t have to go through what you have been with Parker, and it wouldn’t destroy our partnership…what if you and I get killed? I don’t want the baby to go through what I did…”she said and hiccoughed. Damn these hormones she thought to herself

“Bones, Parker did not ruin my career, and this baby won’t either. You are NOT putting our child up for adoption, you are having this baby and I am going to be stuck to your side until you do. It will not ruin our partnership, and this is not going to turn into a Rebecca like situation, now come here” and he pulled her into his arms, her head nestled into his neck and shoulder, she continued to sob and cry, as if her heart were breaking

“…so sorry…should have told you…” her voice muffled out from his shoulder, her tears soaking through his thin cotton tee shirt material

Looking up at the ceiling, he said a silent prayer of thanks he got here before she left and it would have been too late.

“Bones, we are not going to get killed, okay? Come on. Think about this, even if were both killed, which is completely unlikely, there are lot of friends and family around to take over raising him or her” he said, then after a thought occurred to him “do you know if it’s a boy or girl yet?” he said hopefully

She sobbed again, and pulled back from him, wiping her cheeks, she sounded stuffy from crying “No, I thought it would be better if I didn’t know, easier when it came time for me to, you know...let go” she said, her eyes skipping guiltily away.

“Okay. So I imagine you didn’t tell anyone about this plan of yours then, huh?” he questioned her gently

She sniffed and shook her head “Only Russ. He wasn’t happy Booth. He wanted you to know what was happening too” she felt terrible. This all seemed like such a good idea when she thought it up. She hadn’t thought she’d ever feel like this. Science provided answers on most things, but parenting and pregnancy was not one of them. This was a whole lot more than serotonin release for the survival of the species.

“Okay. First, you need to calm down, you probably know it isn’t good for you or the baby to get all worked up. Second, we are going to figure out what happens next. Okay?” he said, putting his finger under her chin and forcing her to look up into his eyes.

He saw fear in her eyes, and maybe a little relief. He wiped one lone tear that had tracked its way down her cheek. He pulled her back into his arms and kissed her forehead. “Okay?” he confirmed. He felt her nod her head.

He felt her relax against him. Her protruding middle was pressing into him, and he felt a hard kick. Surprised, he pulled back, and looked down at where the kick originated, and then at her. “That been happening a lot?” he said with a smile tugging at the corner of his lips

She sniffled again, and looked up at him warily, “yeah, quite often, is very distracting” she remarked

“Huh” was all he could think to say. He was having a baby with Bones. Amazing. He wondered if it would look like her or him, and if it would be as smart as she was.

“Are you mad at me?” she asked him worriedly

“Well, I am not delirious with joy or anything, but I guess I am glad I got here when I did, you would have really gone through with it? Just like that?” he asked her again, in a patient tone

“That was the plan, but to be honest, I’d been going over of scenarios that could have worked, where I….that is we kept it” she admitted to him

“Well, now that you aren’t going to Minnesota or wherever you were going, what do you want to do?” he questioned her, watching her walk into her kitchen and pour a glass of milk.

“I guess I don’t know. I wasn’t planning on you finding out. I suppose I will have to tell everyone at work…” she trailed off, as she reached into a container on the counter and withdrew a handful of cookies. She wandered over to the kitchen bar area, and sat down with her milk and Oreos.

“Ah, so this is why I’d been seeing so many empty Oreo packages in your office” he said with a chuckle “Oreos Bones?”

She looked over at him with an embarrassed look on her face “I eat really healthy most of the time, but I can’t seem to get enough of these. Do you know they are really good when you drown them in milk?” she said, popping an entire drenched cookie into her mouth

“Dunked Bones. It’s dunked in milk, not drown” he rolled his eyes as he pointed out the correct phrase

“Whatever” she said with her mouth full. God she was cute sitting there eating her cookies and milk. Her hair all messed up in that big shirt. His heart lurched. He may as well put his heart on the line and tell her how he felt.

“Bones, I know my timing is a little off here, and believe me, this is not event related, but I’ve been fighting my feelings for you for a long time. I guess I didn’t know if you felt the same, so I kept my mouth shut. Now seems as good a time as any…”

He took a deep breath, “I am falling in love with you Bones” he stared at her, watching her for some sort of indication as to how she’d respond. She was very still. Her expression and body language didn’t reveal her inner thoughts at all.

Temperance didn’t know what to say. She pulled away from and looked up into his eyes, her tone sober, choosing her words carefully

“I don’t know if what I feel for you is love, because I have never been in love before, but what I have been feeling for you is deep and emotional, maybe what I feel is love, I don’t know. I didn’t want to admit it to myself, because I thought you were with Rebecca, Cam or whoever. I never thought it would come this far, I never thought I’d feel like this for anyone, really” she admitted to him. “I thought I’d always be alone” she said quietly

“Well you know this whole living apart thing isn’t gonna work for me” he said bluntly, beginning to pace around her apartment

“Why not?” she said confused “We’ve lived apart this long, and your being in a closer proximity to me has no bearing on the fetus’ development or wellbeing…” she pointed out

He groaned and rolled his eyes “Bones Bones Bones. I want to be with you. I want to make sure you eat what you are supposed to, do what you are supposed to and all that, okay, its normal alright? That’s a part of me in there too you know. I didn’t get to do any of this with Parker” he answered her, as he paced back and forth in her living room. The dawn light had begun to stream through her windows, casting a shadow from him as he moved.
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:12 pm

FANFICTION BY RIVIERA!

She was silent a moment, considering what he said. He was right. This was just as much a part of him as is was her. It was a genetic combination of them both. It was only natural he’d want to be a part of the process leading up to its birth.

“Well….what do you suggest?” she said finally, not sure what to say, this was all new territory for her.

“Well why don’t you just move in with me?” he countered, walking over to her couch and sitting down; the pacing had been driving her crazy anyway.

“What? Move in? What about you move in with me? Why do I have to leave?” she said in a petulant tone, “just because you’re the man I have to do what you say?” she said in a sarcastic tone

“Oh don’t pull that alpha male crap with me, I only suggested it, because there is more room, you don’t have to give this place up, you can keep it or rent it out, whatever” he offered, trying to be reasonable

“Maybe. Let me think about it” she countered. She stood up and stretched. “I need to take a shower, okay?” she started towards her bathroom

“Yeah, me too, want some help?” he suggested, waggling his eyebrows

She blushed and looked at him and back at the bathroom, “well…”

“Oh come on, if memory serves, the shower is one of the ways you may have gotten into this” he pointed out with a mischievous look on his face

“Yeah, well I was a lot smaller then” she shot back

“Well, we’ll make room” he said with a smile, his hand in the small of her back guided her to the bathroom and shut the door.

Seeley Booth strode out of the jewelry store with a broad smile on his face. He’d found the perfect ring for Temperance. Not too over the top gaudy that she wouldn’t wear, but not too plain either. It was a platinum band inlayed with diamonds encircling.

He knew how she felt about marriage, but under the circumstances, if he played his cards right, and if he could present it to her in a way that seemed logical, he was certain she’d accept. He was going to meet up with Angela to get her take on it of course.

He had left her at her apartment early this morning as she slept. He’d had an incredible night with her. He’d found he couldn’t sleep. He watched her sleep through the night, caressing her bulging middle. Amazing, his baby was in there.

The baby they made.

Finding out he was to be a father again was the best thing that could have happened between them in his opinion, he was still grateful that he got there when he did. He never got the opportunity to go through this with Rebecca. She left him not too long after she discovered Parker was on the way.

Temperance had cancelled her plans to leave for Minnesota, and she was planning on going in and talking to Cam today regarding her condition. He couldn’t wait to her what Cam had to say to him about THAT situation, he thought with a grin.

She was still feeling insecure, which was highly unusual for Bones, but he thought he’d be able to boost her confidence in herself as he spent more time with her, convincing her she made the right choice.

Tossing his lucky poker chip in the air and catching it, he walked briskly back to his SUV with a smile on his face.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Rolling on her side, and yawning, she awoke slowly. Memories of the last 12 hours came rushing back to her. Booth at her door, finding out about their child, the argument, and the shower and other activities that took place afterward. Blushing slightly at the memory, she glanced down at her middle. Hesitantly, she said softly “hi baby…” shaking her head impatiently, she got up and padded out to the kitchen to find some antacids.

She supposed she should call Angela and let her in on the whole story. She felt guilty that she didn’t tell her what was going on, hopefully her friend would understand. She would no doubt be thrilled at the new development.

Sitting down at the breakfast bar, she picked up the phone and dialed her friend

“Bren?” Angela answered, sounding surprised

“Hey Ang” she responded

“You okay? I didn’t think you’d be checking in so soon, what’s going on sweetie?” she said suspiciously

“Uh, it’s hard to explain on the phone, can you come over?” she said, as she stared out the window of her apartment, looked nice outside today, she thought absently

“I was on the way to my cardio kick boxing, but yeah, I can come over instead, I didn’t feel like being all aerobic this morning anyway, I will be there in 10 minutes” she said and hung up
10 minutes later, Temperance answered the door in the same attire she answered the door in when Booth came over, thinking

Angela would immediately get the picture also.

Angela just stood there, coffee in hand, not meeting her eyes, staring right at her middle. “Bren, honey. We need to talk” she said, dragging her eyes up to her friends amused expression.

“Are you still seeing David? Is this his? I thought you guys were done?”

“No,” She answered “It’s been over for a while.”

“Ang, this is why I asked you over” she let out a sigh, ran her fingers through her hair as she walked to the living room
Angela stood, rooted to the spot, still in the entryway of the apartment. She slowly walked in and shut the door with a soft
click.

“Bren….why didn’t you tell me what was going on? I thought we were best friends” an expression of hurt was cast across her friend’s features

Temperance winced.

This was so complicated. “Ang…it’s a long story. Last New Years Eve, Booth came over, and after a lot of alcohol consumption, we had a one night stand. We met later and agreed to move on as partners and forget this ever happened” she hesitated a moment, looking up at her friend, who had joined her on the couch. Angela seemed stunned at this revelation.

“Sweetie, I can’t believe you didn’t tell me about this. Why didn’t you?” she asked her friend, her eyes skipping down to her abdomen, and back up again.

“You hid it well, that’s for sure” she added wryly, a subtle note of sarcasm in her voice, glancing away from her

Letting out a pent up breath, she replied “I know, I said I was sorry. I wanted to forget about it. I knew if I told you, you’d never let me forget it, or Booth either for that matter, then 3 months later, I found out that I was pregnant” she looked away, out the window at the street below. A pair of kids were playing hop scotch on the sidewalk.

Angela didn’t say anything. She took a drink of her coffee and looked at the kids below playing. “Well. What then?” she said finally

“I didn’t tell anyone, obviously, not even Russ. I was going to go to Minnesota, rent a cabin until the baby was born and put it up for adoption, no one would need to know, and I could come back as if nothing ever happened” she admitted, waiting for her friends reaction.

“Bren, for this grand IQ of yours, you sure can be obtuse sometimes” Angela said, and continued on “Booth has a right to know. What is growing inside of you right now is part of him too. With all you know about what happened between he and Rebecca, especially, you should know he needs to know. I know you didn’t want to have kids hon, but don’t you feel any love, any bond with your baby?” she prodded, setting her coffee cup down on the coffee table.

Temperance sat a moment, considering her answer. “I didn’t at first, because I’d made up my mind that I couldn’t do this. I tried to distance myself. Look at it objectively and scientifically. I didn’t want to ruin our partnership, his or my career, not to mention the dangers of raising a child in today’s society. Then as it grew, I don’t know. I started trying to find scenarios where I kept it, WE kept it that is. Its totally illogical” she ameneded, and went on “but I guess my fear outweighed that uncertainty. Then Booth came over yesterday before I was to leave, he must have been watching for my lights to come on, because as soon as I turned on the kitchen lights, he was knocking at the door, and this is what I had on when I answered the door. It was pretty hard to hide Angela” she said, recalling the morning before. “I am six and a half months along; it was getting hard to hide from everyone”

“He must have been pretty pissed” Angela commented “What happened?”

“He was angry. I guess I can see why. I should have told him. He said he has feelings for me Ang. He wants us to keep it” she said, looking down at her lap

“Wow… How do you feel?” Angela said, pretty much already knowing the answer, but wanting her to admit it to herself aloud

“I didn’t want to feel the way I do. I wanted to think I could handle everything on my own. I didn’t want to feel the way I do about Booth. I have been fighting it. I wanted to stay professional, and keep my feelings that way. Ang…I’ve never been in love before. I don’t know what it means, but I think I am falling in love with him, and it scares me” she whispered

Angela felt like doing a victory dance at this revelation, but managed to keep her face calm “Did you tell him that hon?”

“Not specifically, I told him I’d never been in love before, but I had strong feelings for him. This is all new to me, I don’t know how to act or what to say” Temperance told her friend
Angela placed her hand on her friends

“Sweetie, don’t hold it in. Tell him, he needs to hear it, especially right now, this has to be hard for him too”

“Well it’s not as hard for him as it is for me. Do you have any idea how many antacids I’ve been going through? Not to mention this whole feet swelling business. Sleeping is a total waste of time, because I can’t get comfortable…” she drone on and on about the discomforts she’d been experiencing.

Angela sat there and smiled

“What?” Temperance demanded

“Nothing, nothing. So, what about work?” Angela questioned

“Oh that. I guess I am going in later today to talk to Cam. I don’t know what I am going to do yet. I guess it depends on how she takes the news” she said somewhat nervously

“Yeah, that whole Booth and Cam thing may complicate things a little” Angela agreed, standing up from where she sat.

“So do you want to go shopping? Get some cute ‘baby on board’ maternity clothes or something?” she offered her friend

“I don’t what that means” Temperance stated, confusion across her face

Angela laughed. “Come on sweetie. Put your self together and I’ll teach you”
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:14 pm

FANFICTION BY RIVIERA!

Attorney at Law, Jack Roethel, sat before his computer monitor, and pinched the bridge of his nose, closing his eyes. This was not good. 3 months ago, he’d received a call from a lawyer in the DC area, indicating he had a private adoption he wanted to make arrangements for. The young woman would be in the Minnesota area in early September with the child.

Typically, Jack arranged adoptions through Catholic Family
Services, however, when certain cases came across his desk, he did what any other money loving lawyer would do, he set the adoption up privately, through carefully screened candidates who had sufficient funds for the transaction.

Quite frankly, he was surprised at the mother’s identity that had the child up for adoption, but he supposed it didn’t matter, so long as his clients, Mr. & Mrs. Duncan, received the child they’d so desperately wanted.

Logging out of his Internet email program, he leaned back in his chair, and thought a moment before picking up the telephone.

This was not a call he liked to have to make, but circumstances being what they were, he saw no alternative.

It would only be a matter of time, and of course he would find another child for the couple, however they seemed delighted at the child he did find, and although he instantly regretted doing so, they had decided this was the child they wanted when they found out the mothers identity. Now he recalled why he didn’t disclose that information until after the legal documents were signed.

He cleared his throat and made the call.

“Yes, is this Mrs. Duncan?” the attorney queried

“Yes, Jack? Mr. Roethel? Is something wrong? Is there a problem with the adoption?” the young woman on the other end of the phone stammered

“Mrs. Duncan, there has been a complication, yes” he admitted to her, trying to keep his voice as caring as possible. He had to stop doing these illegal adoptions he thought to himself.

“What kind of complication? What’s the problem? What is wrong with my baby?” she demanded

He could hear her husband, Doug in the background, asking what was going on

Jack grimaced and glanced down at the file before him on his cherry wood desk. His initial interviews of the couple, and personal documents fanned out in a sheaf of papers.

Middle-aged couple, tried for years to conceive naturally, however due to medical issues, was unable. He, 6’ tall, dark hair, slightly overweight but attractive, was a night manager for a large upscale hotel chain in the Minneapolis area, and she, small, plump, red haired woman, was an in home day care provider for 3 children, ages 2,4, and 5.

They had put up a large sum of money up front, more in fact than he even typically required. Desperation he supposed.

“Mrs. Duncan…” he began hesitantly, closing his eyes at what was to come

“Trista. Call me Trista” she insisted impatiently “DOUG! Get in here, there’s a problem with our baby!” she bellowed to her husband

“Trista, yes. The expectant mother has had second thoughts on the adoption, and is not going to be giving up the child, which as I told you in our initial meeting, is a risk of the types of adoptions I do. However, I am confident that another child will be available quite soon. I have already begun the search for…” he was cut off abruptly by the brassy, strong willed woman

“No. I don’t want another child. I want THIS child. I want the child of that brilliant author and forensic anthropologist, I told you this. We, that is Doug and I don’t care who the father is, you said he wasn’t in the picture, we want her baby, you said we could have her baby” she demanded in a firm voice

“I understand that Mrs. Duncan, however, the mother always has the legal right, right up until the birth, to change her mind, as is the case, now I am not sure the reason behind the change of heart, as that is not my business, but please, rest assured, another child will be found for you” he assured the woman, as he poured himself a glass of scotch.

“I don’t think you do understand, Mr. Roethel, you promised me this baby around Labor Day of this year. I don’t want any other baby. I want THIS baby, I want Temperance Brennan’s baby,” she said in slow, careful words, in a low voice.

“Again, I apologize. We will be in touch Mrs. Duncan” he finalized, and hung up.

He never should have disclosed the mother’s name. Well, it couldn’t be helped at this point. He still had the 100,000 cash they had signed over him and he’d find a suitable baby in replacement ASAP for them to become attached to. This, he thought grimly, was the LAST illegal adoption he was doing.

Cam stood before Dr. Brennan, who had surprisingly showed up for work the day she was supposed to have begun her vacation. Truth be told she was looking forward to having her gone, and having the lab, squints, all to herself.

“Why are you here Dr. Brennan?” she said, getting straight to the point. She glanced at the forensic anthropologist critically. Something was going on…she almost looked…no.

Impossible

“Yes, I know I was to have been on my vacation now, but I changed my mind, I guess” she said, and put her hand to her lower back, and glanced nervously around the busy lab

“Okay, fine, so you are going to what, not go on vacation then? Can we cut to the chase here? As you can see I am quite busy,”
Cam answered her, looking back down at the remains on the table before her

Temperance took a deep breath, and glancing around the lab again, said in a quiet hushed tone “I am pregnant”

Cam snapped her head up and piercing brown eyes met bright blue ones

They stared at each other for a moment, before one finally spoke

“Okay that’s just fine. So you are telling me this because….”

Cam trailed off, eyebrows raised; she stood motionless before the other woman

“Because I thought you should know, and I had hoped it wouldn’t be a problem if I worked right up until the birth” Temperance asked, getting ready for an argument

Before Cam could respond, another voice came from her left

“And because its my baby she is having, and she was worried you’d cause problems for her” Special Agent Seeley Booth supplied, coming around the back of Temperance, and encircling her waist with his arms, patting her tummy

Temperance wiggled out of his arms, and cast an angry glare over her shoulder at him

He feigned innocence “What?”

Cam looked at her ex lover, and back at the young Doctor. “Is this true Dr. Brennan?”

Dr. Brennan looked very uncomfortable, and slightly annoyed at her partner, and obviously her lover Cam noted

“Yes. Booth is the father, although I don’t see what the revalance is,” she finally answered

“And you were planning on revealing this when Seeley?” Cam said pointedly, not wanting to make a scene and draw unnecessary attention to the situation

“Long story Cam, so what, is this going to be a problem?” he asked, pulling Temperance to his side, she stood there stiffly

“Actually it is. She can’t work here and endanger the life of your, that is the two of you’re child. She is welcome back here of course, after the birth,” Cam stated, very matter of factly

“What? It’s not dangerous here, I….” Temperance began her argument, visibly upset

“You are welcome of course, to take it to the board of directors, but Dr. Brennan, my mind is made up” Cam said, going back to work on the remains without even looking up at them

“Fine fine fine, lets just go, okay?” Booth said, trying to keep the two of them from killing each other, he ushered Bones out of the lab and down the hall to the exit

“I can work and be pregnant Booth, did you know that women in certain tribes in Africa worked right up to the birth, then dig a small hole on the outside of the village, give birth to the baby in the hole, wrap up the baby after the birth and get right back to work?” she demanded to him

“Yeah, uh, nice visual there, and just for the record, I’d prefer it if you NOT do that hole digging thing when you give birth Bones?” he shuddered at the thought of that scenario, lets stick to technologically advanced hospitals he thought, jeeze why did she have to tell him THAT?

“I have to go to the bathroom” she huffed, as they got to his SUV

He rolled his eyes at his partner “You just went when we got here! You can’t possibly have to go again!” he pulled out of the garage

“Well I do. This baby is sitting right on my bladder. Can we hurry? You could use the siren?” she said, looking around at the switches and knobs in the SUV

“Will you just quit? Jeeze Bones, cross your legs would ya? We will be to my place in a few minutes” he griped, glancing down at the speedometer nervously

“In case you didn’t notice, crossing my legs has become quite difficult. This baby is bigger than average for nearly 7 months, so I can’t comfortably cross my legs, and it doesn’t help” she grumped, crossing her arms and looking out the window
Booth sped up slightly, and glanced over at his grumpy partner, wondering if he had any Oreo’s at home…that might cheer her up…

“Well it’s not fair; I don’t think it is a dangerous environment at all. She is just saying that because she is jealous”

Temperance grumped from the couch in the living room of Seeley Booth’s house. He had to stop to change clothes before he went to work.

“You were going to take the time off anyway to write your books anyway weren’t you?” his voice drifted from the back of the house where she assumed his bedroom was.

“That was different” she huffed, crossing her arms across her chest, regarding the glass of milk and neat stack of Oreo cookies before her. She had been staring at them since she sat down. He had gotten them for her without asking. AS if that was all it took to appease her. He wouldn’t notice if one was gone would he? Her baby was really active today, wiggling around and kicking, it was a huge distraction. Idly, she wondered if it was a boy or a girl. She wondered if it would like her, or Booth.

She caressed the spot the baby had just kicked.

“It is not different. You’re just mad because you didn’t get your own way Bones” he cheerfully stated, joining her beside her on the couch, leaning back hands behind his head, looking very relaxed

“Why aren’t you eating those?” he said, glancing down at the cookies and back to her

“I’m not hungry,” she said in a crabby tone, looking away

“Uh-huh. Not hungry huh? You’re being a crab. Eat the cookies Bones, you know you want them.” He said, shoving the stack of cookies closer “Come on, make my baby happy” he prodded, charm smile firmly in place

“Fine. I will eat them, just so you will quit nagging me about it” she said as she reached for a cookie, carefully dunked it in milk and popped it into her mouth, small smile on her face

“What did you and Angela buy when you went shopping?” he asked, trying to make conversation, watching her enjoy her cookies

Between mouthfuls of cookie, she replied “Nothing”

“Nothing? Bones, you might not have noticed, but your waistline is expanding. You are gonna need to get something bigger to wear” he pointed out diplomatically

“All the clothes out there are old lady clothes. I don’t like any of them with their cutesy little sayings or cartoons, and I hate ruffles” she said, finishing the glass of milk, and placing it down on the table where it came from

“Okay, well what are you going to wear when what you have doesn’t fit?” he queried, confused look on his face

“I was going to borrow your shirts,” she answered with a smug smile on her face

“MY shirts? Bones, do you know how much those cost me? There has to be some nicer maternity clothes out there…” he said, grimacing at the thought of having to pay for all new work shirts

“Well it’s your fault I am like this, so it’s only fair you make a sacrifice too,” she said petulantly, crossing her arms over her chest

“My fault huh? I seem to remember you were a willing participant, I didn’t do this baby making gig all on my own ya know Bones” he assured her, enjoying her grumpy attitude, she was so easy to rile up, reaching over and placing his palm over her middle, feeling the movement within

“Yes…well… I don’t see you suffering over there with swollen feet, heartburn, cravings, weight gain, constantly having to go to the bathroom, I can’t get comfortable so I can sleep…” she said, tears welling up in her eyes, she sniffed

“Hold on, why are you crying Bones, two seconds ago you were mad” he said, clearly confused at this strange conversation

She sniffed and wiped her eyes impatiently “I don’t know, I think it’s the hormones. I hate it” she sniffed again and another tear made its way down her cheek “this pregnancy thing is hard Booth, I don’t like it” she sobbed

He sighed and pulled her into his arms “Okay come on now, its not that bad, right? Shhhh” he said into her hair as she sobbed. “What are you going to do today anyway?” he said to her, stroking her hair

She pulled back from him and wiped her eyes. “I guess I am going to start my next book. I have 2 I have to get out ASAP as a two part series, do you have any antacids?” she asked him

“Uh…. yeah, I think so. So you will have stuff to keep you busy, right?” he pressed on

“I guess” she admitted, looking over at him, he looked so handsome in that white dress shirt.

“Okay, well how about I stop over tonight and we’ll talk about this moving in together thing?” he said carefully, waiting for the next argument to start

“Oh alright. I guess it would only make sense for us to cohabitate together, especially after the baby is born; I am certainly not going to be the only one getting up in the middle of the night that’s for sure. Plus, babies are slippery, I don’t know how people bathe them single handedly” she pointed out, suddenly realizing what she agreed to. Moving in with Booth. Sex was one thing…but living together, she secretly loved all the attention he was lavishing on her.
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:14 pm

FANFICTION BY RIVIERA!

Seeley Booth smiled widely thinking to himself great, if this goes as planned, I can pop the question after we are moved in, make it seem logical, maybe bring in the big guns, like Russ and Angela…his mind drifted off for a moment

“Booth?” Bones’ voice interrupted his train of thoughts

“What? Sorry, I was thinking about something else”

“Right, I saw that. Do you want to come with me to my next appointment? I suppose I could request a ultrasound…” she trailed off, glancing away, clearly uncomfortable at the thought

“Could I? Yeah, when is it?” he said, eagerness in his voice

“It’s the day after tomorrow at 1pm” she answered

“Okay, we gonna find out if it’s a boy or girl?” he said, broad grin on his face

She rolled her eyes “Booth, for centuries, couples got by just fine not knowing, it was a surprise, don’t you think we should wait and see?”

“No, if there is technology, why not use it? Besides doesn’t a little part of you want to know? Come on….” He wheedled

“Oh alright, I guess it would make sense, so we could buy the appropriate colors and such” she hesitantly agreed, slightly unnerved by his excitement

He suddenly grabbed her hand “See, Bones, we are handling this just fine, you’ll see, you will be so happy we are doing this, just wait until you see our babies little face…” he went on and on about the joys of parenthood

Her mind drifted a moment, wondering if this was how excited her parents were when she was on the way.

Halfway through his jubilant parenting descrïption, she suddenly leaned forward and kissed him, her tongue probing between his lips, one had in his hair, the other on his chest.

He was surprised at first, but then got lost in the moment, kissing her with as much passion as she kissed him with, inhaling her scent, pulling her closer to him, then she pulled back, eyes clouded with passion

“Booth….” She whispered

“What was that for?” he wondered aloud “not that I am complaining or anything” If he’d have known she’d be like this, he’d have done something like what happened that long ago January night long ago.

“Can you call in to work late today?” she said huskily, tracing circles on his chest through his shirt

He groaned raggedly “Yeah, I can, come here…” he moaned into her hair and pulled her closer again, enjoying this new, more passionate, forward Bones.

“Doug, I don’t care what you say, or what that damned attorney says. I want THIS baby, not a different one. I am going to talk to her in person to see if I can let her see what great parents we will be” Trista said, as she packed a small overnight bag

“Hon, you shouldn’t get all worked up about this one particular baby. There will be another, just like Mr. Roethel said,” he trailed off, unsure what to say to change her mind, he was uneasy about her strong feelings, almost obsession on this child

“I am not all worked up Doug. I am sure Dr. Brennan is just having second thoughts. I am going to go help” Trista said, softening her tone, so she could get out of there, Doug clearly didn’t understand how she felt

“I thought you wanted a baby too hon?” she pointed out to her husband, as she went on packing her bag

“Sweetie, of course I do, but we should get so attached to one particular child until we know its ours legally” he gently, turning his wife and pulling her into his arms

She pushed her husband away. “You don’t understand. I will go straighten this out and everything will be fine, you’ll see,” she said firmly, zipping her bag and leaving their bedroom.

Doug stood there a moment, unsure how to proceed, his wife seemed a little unbalanced on this, yet perhaps she was right.

Maybe this Dr. Brennan simply had cold feet. His wife could be persuasive when she wanted something, he thought, walking down the stairs to where his wife was searching for her car keys

“Sweetie?” he called out to his wife

“Yes Dougie?” she answered him as he entered the kitchen, his green eyes shone with love and compassion for his wife

\“Just be careful, okay? Don’t scare this woman into pressing charges or something, which may make things worse for us getting a baby” he pointed out to his wife, keeping his voice even, watching her for a reaction

“Oh for heavens sake Doug, of course I will be careful, it’s not like I am going to kidnap her or something, just going to talk. Talk talk talk, you know how I love to talk!” she said gleefully

Doug narrowed his eyes at his wife. Something was up here

“You sure you’re okay Tris?” he said uncertainly, leaning on the
counter, as she stood there with her bag and keys

“Right as rain sweetie, I will call you when my flight lands in DC, and after I talk to the Mommy to be,” she said, rushing over to him for a quick kiss

“Don’t worry Dougie, everything is going to be just fine” she assured her husband as she walked out the door.
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:15 pm

FANFICTION BY RIVIERA!

Seeley Booth watched Temperance get out of his SUV make her way up the walk up to the door of her apartment. Her wavy hair swept up in a ponytail, the long tails of his white shirt peeking out beneath the jacket she had on. She was beginning to walk like a pregnant woman he mused to himself.

He’d just experienced the most incredible mind blowing love making session of his life with Temperance Brennan…with Bones!

Unbelievable. If you would have told him he’d be in this position with her 6 months ago, he would have laughed.

He supposed the first time, back on New Years, was probably just as good, however the excessive amounts of alcohol they’d consumed blurred that memory. All he remembered of that night was the 3 bottles of champagne, talking, and trying to cheer her up. She seemed so alone, and he wanted to comfort her.

As he watched, she turned, and waved before she walked in the building, her profile illuminating her protruding middle, exposing the fact that she was pregnant with his child.

Bones is having my baby, he silently marveled to himself. Bones, who said she didn’t want children. She never would have given it up. He could see that now. He could hardly wait for the ultrasound tomorrow. Hell, truth is he w

...unfortunately something seems to be missing here!!!!.....
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:39 am

Oh c'mon! I was all invested laying down lovin this and it stopped when can we expect more!

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 163
Say What You Want : So much to say so little time to say it.
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:39 am

holy crap! I didn't know it wasn't all here.

I can email you the whole story.

Private message me if you want.
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1560
Say What You Want : I may not post a lot, but I am out there, lurking!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.twitter.com/aprilosbourne

Back to top Go down

Two Pink Lines - posted by riviera 41797 [ 07/10/2007) Empty Fin not complete

Post by seel4me Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:40 am

I was reading this fic but is not complete can you send it to my e-mail please. It's really good and I will like to finish reading it.

seel4me

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by booth fan Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:03 am

Well that kinda sucked, I think this story is posted on another site, i have a feeling that I have read it before.
booth fan
booth fan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:10 pm

is this story somewhere else??? i really want to read the rest now!! can you PM it to me ?

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:21 am

hey - I'm sorry! email me and I can send the entire file to you if you'd like - or its at [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1560
Say What You Want : I may not post a lot, but I am out there, lurking!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.twitter.com/aprilosbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:44 am

rivi, you know you can just finish posting it in here too! Very Happy
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down