Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The accident - a flangsty one-shot - posted by CheeseBK [11/09/2007]

3 posters

Go down

The accident - a flangsty one-shot - posted by CheeseBK [11/09/2007] Empty The accident - a flangsty one-shot - posted by CheeseBK [11/09/2007]

Post by CheeseBK Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:55 pm

Title: The accident
Author: me.... CheeseBk
Rating: T
Pairing: B/B, Appearance of Angela and Hodgins
Summary: Angela has an accident, Brennan comes to Booth for comfort and they both head to the hospital together... and then there's the hopefully funny fluff

sooooo this little scene was in my head for some time... it starts ANGSTY, but I promise essentially, it's a fluffy piece...

I hope you enjoy it!!!

A knock on his door woke Booth, who had fallen asleep on his couch watching an action movie.

“Booth… Booth… please open… it’s me, Temperance…” he heard her call from the outside, her words interrupted by sobs.

He immediately jumped to his feet and opened the door in an instant. She was standing outside, her hair a bit dishevelled and her eyes red and puffy from crying. “Bones…. Oh my God, what happened… why are you crying…”

The words were enough to let her break out in sobs again and before he knew what happened she flung herself forward in his arms. He closed the door, holding his crying partner near, wondering what in the world could have shaken her that much.

“What happened, Temperance…” he murmured.

“Angela” she sobbed against his chest. “Accident”

“What?” he was shocked….”But… she… she did not die, Bones, did she?”

He felt her shake her head and was relieved, although Angela was more Bones’ friend than his he had grown to like her very much.

“She… she is unconscious…. Has been for hours…. She drove home from a meeting of local artists and a drunken man rammed her car… she has a broken leg and some bruises, but the worst thing is, they think she could have a… head injury… because she does not wake up.” Her explanation was interrupted by occasional sobs.

“It’s going to be okay, Bones… she will wake up… just think positive!” he said, while rubbing her back.

She pulled back and looked at him “I am not good at thinking positive, Booth.”

“Try it…. For Angela, hm?” She nodded and realized that she still clung to him. Embarrassed she pulled back. “I am sorry…. Sorry that I disturbed you… I.”

“It’s okay, Bones… no problem, really… besides I do care about Angela too, okay?”
he looked at her and she smiled wryly, still all-teary eyed.

“Well….. we could drive to the hospital, don’t you think so, Bones?” he offered.

She shook her head. “They won’t let us near her anyway… Hodgins told me that…”

“I am FBI, remember, maybe there is something I can do to bring you in, hm, Bones? Or if this doesn’t work we can at least support Hodgins a bit, okay?” he tried to encourage her.

She nodded and murmured: “Thank you so much, Booth.”

He quickly put on a Sweat-shirt over his old washed out T-shirt and gathered his things, then they drove over to the hospital.

_ _ _ _

Ten minutes later they were in Angela’s room. Brennan still could not believe that Booth’s FBI badge in combination with his charm smile really had done the trick.
‘He should get that patented!’ she thought sarcastically, while she listened to a happy Hodgins, that told her about Angela waking up a few minutes ago to talk to him a bit. Then she had fallen asleep again.

They talked Hodgins in leaving the room for some time, to get some fresh air and so there they were standing in front of Angela’s bed, whispering about her to each other.

“I am glad she woke up and will be healthy again. She is a wonderful person, really… I like her” Booth whispered to Brennan.

She smiled at him “That sounds as if you were secretly in love with her, Booth.” She was in teasing mood, because of the good news.

“No, it’s not her I am in love with.” He said without thinking than scolded himself for being that thoughtless only an instant later.

“Not her? So you found somebody…. But you never told me…. Who is she? Are you going to introduce us sometime?” Brennan asked interested.

Booth snickered “Now that would be definitely entertaining.”

“What? Booth… Well I know I can be annoying sometimes, but…. Am I so embarrassing that you don’t even want to introduce me to your new girlfriend?”
she seemed to be hurt.

“Jeez… Bones… I did not say that, did I? I can’t introduce her to you, that’s it… and I never said she is my girlfriend, now, did I?” He gave back.

They had raised their voices slightly. “Not your girlfriend… what … she is not married, is she?” He shook his head. “In a relationship?” He shook his head again and added “Or at least I do not know about a relationship.”

“So…… what.. doesn’t she know about your feelings?” She asked him… seeing him blush slightly she shook her head incredulously “Booth… are you a coward…. You have to tell her about your feelings!”

“Well, Bones… that’s what I am trying to do right now!” he snapped at her.

“But you said it wasn’t Angela!” she said..

He shook his head, he could not believe it ‘How can a genius be so painfully oblivious sometimes?’

“Bones…. With whom do I spend most of my time?” he asked her straight forward.

“I don’t know… with me, I guess?” She answered thoughtfully.

He nodded and asked her “And why is that so?”

“Well, we are partners, so it’s only logical we spend much time with each other, especially when working on a case…” she explained.

She still did not get it, he could not believe it. “Sure, Bones…. It’s all about work…. Especially at evenings and week-ends when there is no case and I come over with take-out and a movie. All work!” He rolled his eyes.

“What….” She was confused and that moment Booth realized that she could be the world’s greatest genius, but with emotions she was lost.

He sighed and walked a bit closer to her. “Bones…. The only reason I cannot introduce you to the woman I love is, that you are not schizophrenic!”

This did the trick,…. after all he had used a big word, hadn’t he…. her eyes widened and she gasped.

They heard a stifled laugh coming from the bed. They both turned to see Angela smiling at them. “Always knew it” she said through a yawn.

“Ange….. I thought you were asleep!” Brennan stammered.

“With you two bickering in the same room? No, you could wake the dead! But proceed, you two, I found that quite entertaining…. Definitely worth waking up for.” She chuckled.

They both blushed a bit, Booth anxiously waiting for Brennan’s reaction to what he had revealed to her; Brennan in return still was a bit shocked by the revelation.

“You…” they both started, but stopped immediately. “I…” again they both had started at the same time and stopped….

“Oh, God, this is going to take forever, sweethearts….” Angela shook her head and frowned because of the pain and feeling of dizziness the movement caught.

“Brennan! Wake up, he just told you he loves you! And Booth, you should know her better to understand that she is not good dealing with surprises…. So either you talk about this here and now or, if you don’t want to do that in front of me, just get out of here and do it somewhere else… but:
Talk about it, do you hear me! And I have a concussion, a broken leg and I am lying hospital and so I can definitely decide what’s happening in my room!” she closed her speech when she saw that both of them wanted to object.

“You… you really… you really..” Brennan could not utter her question.
“I love you, Temperance.” He completed. He had already told her, so it was not the biggest deal to repeat it just once more.

It took her some time to take the information in, then slowly a smile crept on her face. Seeing the smile Booth’s heart skipped a beat…. It could only mean….. She closed the little distance remaining between them and kissed him passionately.

At this moment the door opened and Hodgins entered, balancing a tray with coffee cups, which he nearly dropped seeing Booth and Brennan kiss and Angela beaming at them.

He exhaled slowly then asked casually “Did I miss something?”

Booth and Brennan broke apart, both a bit breathless and looked at Hodgins.

“Oh, Jack…… that’s great…. If you see them kissing too, it’s not just a hallucination because of my concussion…” Angela remarked and all of a sudden they all started to laugh.
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3762
Say What You Want : don't provoke the lunatic!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

The accident - a flangsty one-shot - posted by CheeseBK [11/09/2007] Empty Re: The accident - a flangsty one-shot - posted by CheeseBK [11/09/2007]

Post by CheeseBK Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:56 pm

Posted 13/09/2007 07:47:43 AM saraluvzbones

Oh... I liked it. I have to admit that things happened a little fast in the hospital, though. I love the bit about it not being a result of Angela's injury. :-)
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

The accident - a flangsty one-shot - posted by CheeseBK [11/09/2007] Empty Re: The accident - a flangsty one-shot - posted by CheeseBK [11/09/2007]

Post by CheeseBK Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:57 pm

Posted 13/09/2007 08:00:59 AM by bandbi

You did a good job! and the last line by Angela was my favorite one!
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:58 pm

Posted 01/10/2007 10:44:27 PM by BoothnBones9

good!! aww booth held brennan while she cried. hahaha and the schizophrenic! haha i think i spelled that right. !!!

=]
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:58 pm

Posted 04/10/2007 03:32:35 PM by miller0259

hehehe, definitely not a hallucination!
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:51 pm

Very nice I liked it it was really cute

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 163
Say What You Want : So much to say so little time to say it.
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:10 am

Awww.... I loved your story! I also loved the word flangsty. It made me laugh.
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:49 pm

thank you all for your feedback *Waves* I will (hopefully, let'S not jinx it, okay?) have time to update my other stories soon. *keeps fingers crossed*
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum