Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

While I dont like copycats ('House' & 'Bones' spoilers)

+10
tinkrella
HermioneGirl101
himbeer29
joybrennan
gordongordonfan
crzy4bones
Lo
jro54
MI_Bonesgirl
puckishbearscubsfan
14 posters

Go down

While I dont like copycats ('House' & 'Bones' spoilers) Empty While I dont like copycats ('House' & 'Bones' spoilers)

Post by puckishbearscubsfan Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:06 pm

I'd love to see B&Bs first time evolve somewhat similar to House and Cuddy.

Make love and spend he day together talking it out.

The episode reminded me (house that is) what RST is. Resolving Sexual Tension.

puckishbearscubsfan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

While I dont like copycats ('House' & 'Bones' spoilers) Empty Re: While I dont like copycats ('House' & 'Bones' spoilers)

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:10 pm

House was awesome. It was like every B&B fanfic played out on screen. I'm just a casual House fan, but let me tell you what-I'm insanely jealous of that fandom right now. Lucky bastards. If we EVER get an ep
of Bones with B&B like that I would take back every bad thing I've ever said about Hart and Co. That being said.... I'm not holding my breath.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

While I dont like copycats ('House' & 'Bones' spoilers) Empty Re: While I dont like copycats ('House' & 'Bones' spoilers)

Post by jro54 Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:15 pm

I haven't seen House yet because I have to watch TV on hulu, so I gave to wait until tomorrow morning...but I have no doubt that B&B will get together. It's going to happen. I'm just sure if it's this season because it probably won't happen until towards the end of the series.

Last edited by jro54 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:15 pm

Wow, I really did not like the House/Cuddy interactions at all (neither did my family). I hope for no copycats, to be brutally honest. Not liking how Shore's doing Huddy right now.
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:30 pm

I don't watch House...my hubby does but he's not crazy about House and Cuddy...he's only girly like that when it comes to Nicholas Sparks movies, Buffy and Angel, and Castle and Beckett. LOL! While watching Booth and Brennan spend an entire episode hanging out and talking about their relationship, it's not really what the show Bones is about...they might talk it out in the SUV between the crime scene and picking up a suspect. We'll have to settle for leaving the fanfic stuff in fanfic land...LOL!

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:39 pm

I haven't seen the House episode where they get together... I love "House", but I've honestly never "shipped" anyone with this show. I like it more for the dialogue and "ohmygoddidhejustsaythat" antics of House. And the characters are very well developed. But I really have never been able to see House and Cuddy as a "couple" in a show like that one is... House isn't exactly "relationship" material as a man, (for me)... he's awesome, but he's flawed, brilliant, etc... and by his very nature- alone. But who knows... I haven't seen recent episodes and maybe I'd be pleasantly surprised somehow? :-)

I have never thought of it in the same terms as "Bones" though. B/B have sexual tension/love/romantic stuff all through their interactions... while House just kinda looked down Cuddy's "much to revealing" shirts... Kinda like 2 different vibes completely for me.
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:08 pm

I haven't seen the House premiere yet...but seriously, all they do is talk about their relationship in the entire episode? I shouldn't pass judgement without seeing the episode...but I can't see Bones doing that at all. Maybe in the fanfic world, but not in real life Bones world. They will probably just talk about in the SUV or while they are arresting a suspect. Personally, I really hope they don't do that. I want B&B together more than anything, but just talking about their relationship for the whole episode just seems so boring. I want to see B&B solve a murder and Booth beating up a guy for hitting on Brennan right after they get it on. Twisted Evil
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:14 pm

Or even if it's not a whole can of whoop *ss, I'll take just a casual "flip of the wrist" like did to Oliver when he tried to run in the opening episode huh? Sorta like "you did NOT just say that to her did you" and then BAM, and walks out and it's like "so, you want Thai or the diner Bones?" :-) (My head's in fan fiction world tonight LOL)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:29 pm

gordongordonfan wrote:Or even if it's not a whole can of whoop *ss, I'll take just a casual "flip of the wrist" like did to Oliver when he tried to run in the opening episode huh? Sorta like "you did NOT just say that to her did you" and then BAM, and walks out and it's like "so, you want Thai or the diner Bones?" :-) (My head's in fan fiction world tonight LOL)

...yeah, I want me some "bad *ss" Booth...and I could actually see that happening in Bones real life (I'm just feeling a little optimistic/positive tonight..and probably because I've been reading too many fanfics)
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:42 pm

Yeah, I think we all love some "tough" Booth! BTW- your sig picture is making me want to go rewatch that episode! It is awesome!
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:00 pm

jro54 wrote:I haven't seen the House premiere yet...but seriously, all they do is talk about their relationship in the entire episode? I shouldn't pass judgement without seeing the episode...but I can't see Bones doing that at all. Maybe in the fanfic world, but not in real life Bones world. They will probably just talk about in the SUV or while they are arresting a suspect. Personally, I really hope they don't do that. I want B&B together more than anything, but just talking about their relationship for the whole episode just seems so boring. I want to see B&B solve a murder and Booth beating up a guy for hitting on Brennan right after they get it on. Twisted Evil

I'd go for this though: Booth and Brennan lying in bed and in blissful afterglow. They start talking about the case they just wrapped, about a guy who was murdered just before he was supposed to get married. So they flashback through the case, each flashback bringing up something personal about B&B's relationship that they discuss and/or end up making out/making love again. So like, 30 minutes of actual case and 15 minutes of interspersed B&B in bed talking, being loving, tender, vulnerable, HOT, playful, starting up to making love - AGAIN. DB, NO SHIRT, for a total of 15 minutes!. For the guys - ED as bare as allowed for network TV (lol) Ending with Brennan saying she does get afraid of him dying and him not really knowing how much she loves him. Booth tells her he knows...(kiss), but does she know how much he loves her - or does he have to prove it to her...again (kiss) shot of clock - 4:47. fade to black.

I could live with that.
Very Happy
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by himbeer29 Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:01 pm

Lo wrote:Wow, I really did not like the House/Cuddy interactions at all (neither did my family). I hope for no copycats, to be brutally honest. Not liking how Shore's doing Huddy right now.

I totally agree. I thought the whole episode was really pretty boring and would have turned it off except I felt that I needed to watch it all the way through. I hope they don't do that with B&B. And I agree with what other posters have said. A whole episode of them sitting in an apartment talking... well, that just wouldn't happen for them. They're people of action. House and Cuddy less so :-).
himbeer29
himbeer29
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 10638
Say What You Want : Chicks Against Energy Drinks = C.A.E.D ♫♪Because they are bad for you♪♫ (Thanks to Turi!)
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:49 pm

This thread kind of really proves that Hart is right. If he puts B&B together he will probably lose ratings and get backlash. I'm not an avid House watcher. I've only seen maybe 15-20 episodes total. So I don't know the dynamics of House and Cuddy. I don't think they have anywhere near the chemistry that B&B do, and they did not spend the entire episode in bed talking about their relationship. They spent the day at his apartment in and out of bed, and parts were very hilarious. The listerine bath, and opening the champagne with a sword, as well as some of the dialog had me laughing. Of corse some parts were awkward-House is kind of the male version of Brennan. So some of the things he was struggling with, I could see her struggling with as well.
I was glad to see David Shore went against the grain with this storyline. Maybe it will work maybe it won't. But he at least TRIED it. For what it's worth, we won't have to worry about a similar ep on Bones-I'm not sure Hart and Co could write something like that
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by HermioneGirl101 Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:58 pm

I watched Chuck last night (and boy, was that a pretty awesome episode!), but I watched a few scenes of House during commercial breaks and just now watched up to the opening credits. It just seemed like a bad episode. Basically, they were being irresponsible and blowing off work to deal with their relationship, and the hospital almost closed while they were doing so. Yes, I'm very glad I chose to watch Chuck. I used to be bitter about Jennifer Morrison leaving, but now I'm kind of glad she left before the show crashed and burned.

Okay. Maybe I am a bit bitter. But I also stopped shipping Huddy after season 3.

I really hope that HH uses his own ideas for Booth and Brennan's first time. Especially because I can't see either of them actually skipping work. HH could actually watch a few episodes of Chuck, and see that it's alright to have your main characters together. Smile
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 444
Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:02 am

eh. house was okay. it didn't do anything for me. then again, i wasn't a huge fan to begin with I just watch it here and there.

Honestly? I wouldn't want to see the same Ep on bones. I have no interest in seeing booth and bones in an apartment for a whole episode. I'd rather like to see them out on dates....in those beginning early stages where everything is still kinda awkward, but awesome at the same time. I'd love to see them try and work together and be more than partners and interact with others and see how that dynamic shifts.

It would be kinda funny if booth/bones attempted to 'blow off work' but couldn't b/c they kept getting called in for murders. But, that kinda already happened when brennan tried to take a staycation with sully and booth kept coming to pester her.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:53 am

The Huddy-centric episode wasn't my fave (although a few moments were so sweet) but I bet David Shore does a great job putting them in the workplace together. I'm sure it'll be hilarious.
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesparticulat Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:55 am

I am a big fan of both House MD and Bones. And yes, I love House & Cuddy very much. Nice to see people my own age who are lovers, strugle with life. The House MD season opener was beautiful, a one-off to really establish their relationship, not a regular episode, not meant to be one. Please, for the people here who don't watch that show or don't follow it closely, don't judge too rashly, OK? Huddy (H&C) and B&B are different and the same. Different in that above all House MD is not primarily about them, as Bones is very much about B&B. However, Cuddy is the heart of the show, just like Booth is. House is scared and hides behind snark, Brennan hides behind rationality. House was "damaged" as a child, like Brennan. Etc., etc. House MD's season 6 was weird, with an artificial love affair for Cuddy, a mediocre season with a lot of inconsistencies. It felt artificial, doing anything to justify keeping H&C apart. But the finale made up for a lot of that, it was a great story, superb. So I wish for Season 6 of Bones to have the same ending but not to take so long to get to that point, hopefully...
bonesparticulat
bonesparticulat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-12-10

http://bonesparticulat.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:22 pm

IMO... I don't think the House creators set out planning to have them end up together. I think the relationship evolved and they ran with it and decided to put them together to see what happened. The show doesn't really focus on their relationship the way Bones revolves around BB's relationship. It's not driven by their relationship like BB's relationship drives Bones.

I think HH, as much as he shits me to tears sometimes, knew from the beginning BB would end up together and I also think that once they DO get together that will be it - they will stay together. I don't think the House creators knew they would put them together early on or necessarily plan for them to stay together.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue_Ink Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:09 am

I thought the same thing. I've had Bones on the brain all week and when I saw that, well, I had a nice mental image. We can have Hodela and Cam do Hannah's autopsy for maybe 5 minutes, then have forty minutes of B/B love. And then Angela can climb in a window or something. Yeah, I could do that. My message to Hart Hanson:

"Watch. Take notes."

Blue_Ink
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down