Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Critics' Reaction to Season 6 Premiere.

+4
katharine
ToZiKa
HermioneGirl101
RubyRuby
8 posters

Go down

Critics' Reaction to Season 6 Premiere. Empty Critics' Reaction to Season 6 Premiere.

Post by RubyRuby Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:33 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Hey Treble, I tried to PM you the link the for sticky spoilers thread, but the message doesn't seem to want to leave my outbox Sad

RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Critics' Reaction to Season 6 Premiere. Empty Re: Critics' Reaction to Season 6 Premiere.

Post by HermioneGirl101 Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:44 pm

The link won't open for me, but maybe that's just my incredibly slow connection. Can you post a summary?

(and I'm having that problem too... my PMs aren't being sent, they just stay in the outbox)
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 444
Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Critics' Reaction to Season 6 Premiere. Empty Re: Critics' Reaction to Season 6 Premiere.

Post by ToZiKa Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:41 am

check if your sendbox is full
if it is nothing can be send and you don't get a message about it

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:35 am

I just read the link and no spoilers, just all tweets from critics who seem to LOVE the premiere.
They said stuff like heartfelt moments, touching, most shed a tear or two, a surprise we were unaware of.
Maybe they all get a handsome paycheck, but all seemed to be in agreement - they loved it.
Not sure if they have the same expectations as us or not.
Maybe we will all be surprised, especially when we hear Booth's answer to Brennan's question - "is it serious".

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:49 am

I just read the link and no spoilers, just all tweets from critics who seem to LOVE the premiere.
They said stuff like heartfelt moments, touching, most shed a tear or two, a surprise we were unaware of.
Maybe they all get a handsome paycheck, but all seemed to be in agreement - they loved it.
Unfortunately, it doesn't mean anything: all the critics loved the 100th ep (including that last scene) and the season finale... loco
Maybe we will all be surprised, especially when we hear Booth's answer to Brennan's question - "is it serious".
That's very positive thinking. Very Happy
Because... you don't move in with a woman if you're NOT serious about her. No
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:17 am

Well, Hannah came all the way from Afghanistan just for him, so it's not like he's just going to let her stay in a hotel, Geez. SN describes it perfectly-Booth has forged himself emotionally in this new relationship all while Brennan wasn't around, but when gets back to his real life, he'll discover that it's a lot harder to move on when he sees Brennan on a regular basis...and they will get on each others nerves very fast because they seem to be moving really fast and they haven't known each other that long.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:51 am

You know the thing I really really HATE about this whole stoyline is Booth moving her in. Maybe with any luck they will cut that whole "you can stay with me" scene. Just leave it up to our imaginations or something. Because it's almost like on 1 hand they are telling us that Booth is making a real attempt to move on and this is a serious relationship and he loves her and she's living with him and blah blah blah (making literally EVERYTHING he said at the end of the 100th a big fat lie), yet on the other hand Brennan is the ONE. We are still supposed to believe this-Brennan is supposed to believe this. He will realize he can't get over her, and no matter how serious Booth and Hannah are, it doesn't matter because she's on borrowed time anyway.
UGH. I swear they are going to give me un ulcer. Sides for 6 should be out...tonight?? I might be able to stomach it if I know she's on her way out by the time we actually see her on our TV's. It's still gonna be rough actually watching those episodes though.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:02 am

Like I've said before, Booth will make a serious attempt at this relationship and "forge" himself emotionally into it-when Brennan wasn't around, but when he gets back to his real-life and sees Brennan on a regular basis, he will realize that he's not that over her/she's the one/whatever...

As much as I don't like it, this storyline is realistic. No matter what Booth would have said, Brennan still would have said, "no" because she simply wasn't ready yet...and we still would ended up here anyways. Yes, the writers could have chosed not to write Hannah in, but from their perspective, I can see why the did it-they have to have some sort of conflict, something to mix it up. Rolling Eyes
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:14 am

More like something to postpone the inevitable Rolling Eyes

I know it's realistic. I understand that this is where these characters are at right now. I'd still like to shoot the writers though.

I just got done watching the Sully arc on TNT. That was what-4 years ago?? And by his 4th episode it was just like Ugh is he GONE yet?? I didn't find that arc amusing the 1st time I saw it-and I still don't find it amusing. In fact I usually skip them. But I figured I needed to gear up for the blonde, and that would be a good way to do it. Just thinking that she will be around longer makes me want to puke The month long baseball break doesn't help either...

At least the critic reviews were pretty positive-it doesn't sound too angsty. And we always make things out to be much worse then they actually are on screen. So yeah. Bring it on, and get it over with. boxing
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by HermioneGirl101 Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:23 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:More like something to postpone the inevitable Rolling Eyes

I know it's realistic. I understand that this is where these characters are at right now. I'd still like to shoot the writers though.

I just got done watching the Sully arc on TNT. That was what-4 years ago?? And by his 4th episode it was just like Ugh is he GONE yet?? I didn't find that arc amusing the 1st time I saw it-and I still don't find it amusing. In fact I usually skip them. But I figured I needed to gear up for the blonde, and that would be a good way to do it. Just thinking that she will be around longer makes me want to puke The month long baseball break doesn't help either...

At least the critic reviews were pretty positive-it doesn't sound too angsty. And we always make things out to be much worse then they actually are on screen. So yeah. Bring it on, and get it over with. boxing

I usually skip the Sully arc in reruns too-- except for Man in the Mansion, because that's one of my favorite episodes. However, I find that I don't have nearly the problem with Sully as I did with Mr. Forehead, or Catfish, or the Hanninator. Maybe it's just that Sully was so long ago, and we weren't all going insane with this postponing of the inevitable.

Meanwhile, I read the critic responses, and it's just making me even more excited for the premiere!
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 444
Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:34 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:More like something to postpone the inevitable Rolling Eyes

I agree. I just think the idea is for Booth to think he's moved on, but when he gets back to the real-world he'll discover that he can't move on...or he'll discover that he doesn't just want someone to love him-he only wants Brennan. (However you look at it) Just like how SN described it...because he's been saying like how Booth will try to move on, but attempting and actually moving on are two different things.

I don't think it's going to be that bad. I think we should prepare ourselves for some Booth/Hannah puke scenes, but we probably won't see that much of her. This is a procedural drama, so if you include the case, the scenes with B&B and the other characters, that doesn't leave much screen time for Miss Hannah-1 or 2 scenes top put each episode she's in. So bring it on, so we can get this over with.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bones fan 99 Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:30 pm

jro54 wrote:Well, Hannah came all the way from Afghanistan just for him, so it's not like he's just going to let her stay in a hotel, Geez. SN describes it perfectly-Booth has forged himself emotionally in this new relationship all while Brennan wasn't around, but when gets back to his real life, he'll discover that it's a lot harder to move on when he sees Brennan on a regular basis...and they will get on each others nerves very fast because they seem to be moving really fast and they haven't known each other that long.

I so agree with the above.

Want to add that weirdly I loved Sully, don't get me wrong I want Bren with Booth but I did adore they way I think he showed Booth a different side of Brennan maybe it's cause he left without her or tried to get Brennan to change her life overnight and got burned for it. Alas I am not quite as accepting of Hannah at least not as yet, I find hope in the critics comments becasue they seem to be faster than me at seeing the bigger picture I no longer Hate the 100th although I was mighty pissed when it occured (as with tEitB now one of my favorite eps) Bring on the days till we can see the episode for ourselves
bones fan 99
bones fan 99
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down