Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journalist Girlfriend Article- TV Fanatic

+11
mereva
katharine
recoveringbonesaddict
treble21
tinkrella
joybrennan
jro54
elyon
MI_Bonesgirl
dreamerktm411
15 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Journalist Girlfriend Article- TV Fanatic Empty Journalist Girlfriend Article- TV Fanatic

Post by dreamerktm411 Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:44 am

New article posted on the Bones Spoiler Blog:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I have no idea how I'm going to make it through the premiere. nervous
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Journalist Girlfriend Article- TV Fanatic Empty Re: Journalist Girlfriend Article- TV Fanatic

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:56 am

dreamerktm411 wrote:New article posted on the Bones Spoiler Blog:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I have no idea how I'm going to make it through the premiere. nervous

Lots of alcohol?? That's my plan. Although the last part about Booth's GF not yet being cast...Can I apply for that position?? Twisted Evil
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Journalist Girlfriend Article- TV Fanatic Empty Re: Journalist Girlfriend Article- TV Fanatic

Post by elyon Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:27 am

This is what I find most interesting: with Brennan's complete blessing - at least at first. Dare we hope that this will be the ultimate kick in the pants the dumb broad needs to get it on with Booth. If 7 months in the jungle with Daisy and a pack of bloodthirsty guerillas didn't do it, I'm thinking this had better be it or we'll all be looking for new viewing material come November sweeps.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:33 am

Let's all take a deep breathe. Honestly, the tabloids always make it sound much worse. Like I read so many articles about how Catherine would be a new recurring character and she would be Booth's "girlfriend,"but they only went out on 2 dates. But what I got from HH's tweet yesterday, he doesn't seem to that it's a big deal. Everyone is freaking out over this SO thing and responds..."you don't even know what it's a about." So there really is no point in freaking out because B&B are just going end up together anyways.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:57 am

I just had a thought. I never understood why the first two thirds of S5 indicated that the finale would end on a high note for B&B and then they took 2 steps backwards in the 100th and then a 1,000 steps backwards in the finale. And never understood what the whole point of Catherine was? It just seems like the separation was just a sloppy way to keep B&B apart. And the only explanation (and I have no evidence to back this up) was if they were planning to put B&B together, but Fox stepped in or House decided to put House and Cuddy together first, so they didn't want to have similar endings or HH just got cold feet. It just seems like they were planning of putting B&B together in the finale and then they completely changed directions in the 100th. So maybe what they are planning to do with the journalist is what they were going to do with Catherine.

I know it doesn't seem plausible at all. I am definitly one of those people who believe that Brennan knows in her heart that she loves Booth and seeing him with another woman is not going to push her over the edge enough for her to admit her feelings to him, but again we will never know until we see the episodes.

Hart is right. All we know is that there will be a SO, that she will be a journalist and that it will be 'temporary.' But we don't know how this will play out until we see it on our TV screens. But I do believe that HH intends on bringing B&B together at some point, maybe earlier as this season or he never would have wrote the S4 finale and the first two thirds of S5 like he did and "opened the can of worms" in the 100th. I guess he could have them go back to being just friends/partners because he could do what ever he wants and their slate will be swiped clean when they reunite, but I don't think he's going down that route. Very Happy
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:11 am

If Hart planned to take season 6 back to the level of the season 1 pilot and have them just be friends, he wouldn't have written the last scene at the airport the way he did. It would have been lighter, more jokey and they wouldn't have held hands in a death grip.

I've said it before (ad infinitum, ad nauseum) that he's moved them too far in the direction of being a couple to suddenly drop the whole idea. Booth trying to make a go of it with one woman while flirting sexily with another compromises the character's integrity. And B&B's relationship is the center. If either of them is getting it on with someone else, the center is compromised so the SO is fleeting and none of us understands why she's necessary in the first place. But if the tag on that spoiler is right, that Brennan isn't so supportive as the relationship continues, then maybe THIS IS THE MOMENT!!! (Mutters, 'And I do believe in fairies, Santa and the Easter Bunny, really I do.)

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:53 am

jro54 wrote:Let's all take a deep breathe. Honestly, the tabloids always make it sound much worse. Like I read so many articles about how Catherine would be a new recurring character and she would be Booth's "girlfriend,"but they only went out on 2 dates. But what I got from HH's tweet yesterday, he doesn't seem to that it's a big deal. Everyone is freaking out over this SO thing and responds..."you don't even know what it's a about." So there really is no point in freaking out because B&B are just going end up together anyways.
'
You know, it not being a big deal begs the question WHY BOTHER? Why insult the audience's intelligence? Why have people sit through drivel? Why have your characters do and say things that compromise their integrity and then have to create implausible storylines involving things you know nothing about in order to support the characters unbelievable behavior?

Truthfully, it doesn't matter why - it's what happening. The real question is: why are we watching it? Because, someday, at some point, the show will get on track? I hope so. When it does, I will definitely tune in, and I won't have to reconcile what's going on at that point with the BS that's is continuing on into season six. Why? Because I am not going to tune in to watch a BS episode. Evil or Very Mad If enough people did the same, over time, maybe network tv would stop serving up this kind of crap.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:34 am

elyon wrote:If Hart planned to take season 6 back to the level of the season 1 pilot and have them just be friends, he wouldn't have written the last scene at the airport the way he did. It would have been lighter, more jokey and they wouldn't have held hands in a death grip.

I've said it before (ad infinitum, ad nauseum) that he's moved them too far in the direction of being a couple to suddenly drop the whole idea. Booth trying to make a go of it with one woman while flirting sexily with another compromises the character's integrity. And B&B's relationship is the center. If either of them is getting it on with someone else, the center is compromised so the SO is fleeting and none of us understands why she's necessary in the first place. But if the tag on that spoiler is right, that Brennan isn't so supportive as the relationship continues, then maybe THIS IS THE MOMENT!!! (Mutters, 'And I do believe in fairies, Santa and the Easter Bunny, really I do.)

Exactly. Aside from the SOs, I still think it is HH's intention to bring B&B together at some point, maybe even earlier as this season. I think we talk about this last week.

But about the SO, I don't think Booth could date the journlaist and still be in love with Brennan because then that would be like betraying both women, but then I know that he will always love Brennan. He can't stop loving her because then that would destroy the center of the show. So I think he will probably try to justify it because he thinks Brennan doesn't want to be with him.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:59 am

I hate to say it, but I might wait to watch the season premiere, see what people say about it and then watch. At least then I'll be prepared with the knowledge if it ends up being no big deal or a total disaster.
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:14 am

I think he would deff date the journalist and be in love with brennan. If they spent 7 months with no communication, it may have made him falsely believe he could get over her. It's rather easy to get over someone when you aren't around them 24/7. But some things...are never gotten over and that's the connection BB has. Once they are around each other again, it'll all come back and booth will probably struggle. Remember when he first got with Cam and he kept saying "i'm not cheating..." because it clearly seemed like he was cheating on brennan (even though he wasn't)

I have no problem with booth dating someone else because I think everyone has that rebound. It's true to life. Even someone helplessly in love will try and attempt to get over it if they think they can never be with that person.

I will have a problem if the writers try to convince the audience that booth is serious about this woman. I don't see that happening, since it's clear BB are no where near over.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:34 pm

tinkrella wrote:I think he would deff date the journalist and be in love with brennan. If they spent 7 months with no communication, it may have made him falsely believe he could get over her. It's rather easy to get over someone when you aren't around them 24/7. But some things...are never gotten over and that's the connection BB has. Once they are around each other again, it'll all come back and booth will probably struggle. Remember when he first got with Cam and he kept saying "i'm not cheating..." because it clearly seemed like he was cheating on brennan (even though he wasn't)

I have no problem with booth dating someone else because I think everyone has that rebound. It's true to life. Even someone helplessly in love will try and attempt to get over it if they think they can never be with that person.

I will have a problem if the writers try to convince the audience that booth is serious about this woman. I don't see that happening, since it's clear BB are no where near over.

Well, I meant that Booth can't get serious with another woman, but I thibk he can date the journalist and still be in love with Brennan. I don't think he can get serious with the journalist. B&B have to have that chemistry or sparkle, but he can't be totally happy with the journalist and still flirt with Brennan because then the center of the show will be destroyed. Their love for each other, their relationship is the center in the show.

And I'm sure she won't last long either. There is going to be so much going on with GD and then a new serial killer that makes the GD look like the eater bunny and kidnapps someone, so I just can't picture the journalist hanging around when al of that is going on.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:38 pm

dreamerktm411 wrote:I hate to say it, but I might wait to watch the season premiere, see what people say about it and then watch. At least then I'll be prepared with the knowledge if it ends up being no big deal or a total disaster.

Your not alone. I think many fans are going to wait and see the premiere. I know I'm going to wait and read the reviews on Hulu before I watch it. And might just skip the whole SO thing because I don't want to see B&B have their "drink after case" and give each other their longing looks and then Brennan sends home to the journalist. Very Happy
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:38 pm

If the journalist adds a comedic element....like booth has to deal with a stage five clinger...it would be way better than it turning angsty. I'm very anxious to see what tone it takes on. It will make or break the beginning of the season for me.

I can see brennan be supportive at first because she turned him down. He said he had to move and she said she understood. In her mind....she tells herself that she rationally can't be jealous/upset/unhappy....whatever. But, that can only last so long. It's easy to say that, but when you're heart is being crushed, it's a lot different. I just hope we get something out of it.

The writers need to spare us the "brennan pretends to be clueless and keeps bringing up his g/f every ten seconds" that act is getting old. For someone as blunt and honest as her, I find it crazy that she wouldn't just be up front with booth instead of playing dumb.

Then again, booth did say in season one "for someone who hates psychology....she sure has a lot of it"

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:57 pm

I'm still not watching it live - but here's a scenario that might somewhat make this bearable: The gravedigger's accomplice kills the kid Logan. Every comes back, the SO follows Booth back. Brennan is fine with her...B&B figure out the child's body on the slab isn't Logan. The team is back to square one. Brennan starts to notice that the SO seems to have a hard time with anyone or anything that takes Booth's attention away from her: his job, his son, the people at the Jeffersonian, and especially, Brennan. Brennan talks to Angela about it and admits she's not sure if she's objective because although she knows it's best nothing happen between her and Booth, and wants Booth to be happy, she isn't sure that her emotional attachment to Booth isn't clouding her judgment about the woman. Angela calls Brennan on the B.S. - "you mean you're not sure if the fact that you are in love with Booth and too afraid to deal with it, is clouding your judgment." Brennan pauses a moment, and says quietly "Yes." Of course, Booth overhears Angela's restatement and Brennan's answer. He is FLOORED. He immediately goes and talks to Cam in her office. Cam asks him if he thinks Brennan is worth the work it would take to overcome her fears, because if he goes for it, it could take a LONG time, and, if he quits in the middle it would emotionally destroy Brennan. (a basic rehash of season 5, I know, but I'm not the one who reset the story.) Booth says, "basically, you're asking if I love her enough." Cam replies, "basically." Booth leaves Cam and runs into the SOB - who's been looking for him. SO sees Cam and starts screaming at Booth about why can't SHE be enough for him, and storms out. Booth decides he needs a drink and heads to founding father's, where he runs into a forlorn Brennan who seems a bit uncomfortable around him. UST big time. Booth tells Brennan he's been trying to move on from her, but realizes he can't, and it's not fair to SO or any other woman to say he's pavailable, because it's always going to be about her. He's going to break up with the SO. Brennan starts to say she's bad for him, but Booth cuts her off and says he's a big boy and can take care of himself. It looks like they're about to kiss when there's the sound of an explosion - it's at the Jeffersonian. Someone's blown up the lab. There's a charred body and no one can find (insert Wendall or Cam here.) Show ends with "To be continued."

Last edited by joybrennan on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:04 pm

hmmm so not surprised that the SO is still coming, but being that she still hasn't been cast and there are no sides for her I'm pretty sure her following Booth back occurs in the second episode ( or later).
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:19 pm

treble21 wrote:hmmm so not surprised that the SO is still coming, but being that she still hasn't been cast and there are no sides for her I'm pretty sure her following Booth back occurs in the second episode ( or later).

Either that, or the part is SO insignificant that they don't have to cast her just yet, and/or she doesn't need sides...or, here's an amusing thought: we NEVER see her. Booth just talks about her like in the episode after Catfish. Then at the end of the ep, Booth tells Brennan he dumped the SO because there is no moving on from her; he's in love with her whether she likes it or not. Razz
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:49 pm

joybrennan wrote:
treble21 wrote:hmmm so not surprised that the SO is still coming, but being that she still hasn't been cast and there are no sides for her I'm pretty sure her following Booth back occurs in the second episode ( or later).

Either that, or the part is SO insignificant that they don't have to cast her just yet, and/or she doesn't need sides...or, here's an amusing thought: we NEVER see her. Booth just talks about her like in the episode after Catfish. Then at the end of the ep, Booth tells Brennan he dumped the SO because there is no moving on from her; he's in love with her whether she likes it or not. Razz

definite possibilty, or rather I'm desperately hoping that it's true Smile cause everytime a new spoiler comes out about the SO peoples heads explode, and I can't even really muster up a care anymore. she'll come, she'll go, and she'll barely be a blip on the radar. I'm with heirofloki, let's discuss the issues with Booth in the military, at least I can muster up some sort of emotion about that. maybe I'll seperate out those posts into a new thread....
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:37 pm

Well, in light of this spoiler, and attempting to be lighthearted about it - anyone heard any spoilers for CSI? Twisted Evil
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:29 pm

I disagree with most people about Booth being unable to love someone other than Brennan. IMO, the SO sole function will be to act as the catalyst for Brennan to admit to everyone that she loves Booth. But to be an effective catalyst, Brennan must actually face the possibility that she can lose Booth altogether, and this can only happen if Booth does love the SO and that he sees a possible future with the SO.

Note: there will be no sides if the person signs for a multiple episode arch. Also just read somewhere that they are looking at Annie Wersching (Jack Bauer's love interest in 24) as the SO.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:47 pm

recoveringbonesaddict wrote:I disagree with most people about Booth being unable to love someone other than Brennan. IMO, the SO sole function will be to act as the catalyst for Brennan to admit to everyone that she loves Booth. But to be an effective catalyst, Brennan must actually face the possibility that she can lose Booth altogether, and this can only happen if Booth does love the SO and that he sees a possible future with the SO.

That's not Brennan. If she sees Booth in love with someone else, and begins to lose his friendship, it will confirm what she thinks about herself: that she is unworthy of Booth and he is better off without her. It's what HH basically had her say at the end of the hundredth. We know she believes in love, just not for her. So, her reaction would be to absolutely shut down, withdraw, compartmentalize, and as Cam said, die before she'd let anyone close to her again. The whole jealousy thing doesn't work if you stay true to her character. Of course, given where things are at the moment, expecting character integrity is probably a stretch anyway. Rolling Eyes
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:58 pm

joybrennan wrote:
recoveringbonesaddict wrote:I disagree with most people about Booth being unable to love someone other than Brennan. IMO, the SO sole function will be to act as the catalyst for Brennan to admit to everyone that she loves Booth. But to be an effective catalyst, Brennan must actually face the possibility that she can lose Booth altogether, and this can only happen if Booth does love the SO and that he sees a possible future with the SO.

That's not Brennan. If she sees Booth in love with someone else, and begins to lose his friendship, it will confirm what she thinks about herself: that she is unworthy of Booth and he is better off without her. It's what HH basically had her say at the end of the hundredth. We know she believes in love, just not for her. So, her reaction would be to absolutely shut down, withdraw, compartmentalize, and as Cam said, die before she'd let anyone close to her again. The whole jealousy thing doesn't work if you stay true to her character. Of course, given where things are at the moment, expecting character integrity is probably a stretch anyway. Rolling Eyes

Totally agree. One of the best parts of Bones (usually at least) is how complex the characters are. These ridiculous plot lines are forcing Brennan and Booth to act radically out of character. I feel like I'm losing the show I love- it's becoming something I don't recognize at all.
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:27 pm

dreamerktm411 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

Totally agree. One of the best parts of Bones (usually at least) is how complex the characters are. These ridiculous plot lines are forcing Brennan and Booth to act radically out of character. I feel like I'm losing the show I love- it's becoming something I don't recognize at all.

I agree with your points. However, Booth admitted to Brennan that he wants a future with her, but she was the one that rejected him. She believes love is ephemeral. In her mind, a friendship or even a working relationship with Booth can last longer, so she opted for this choice. The problem for Brennan is that friendships and even working relationships can also be ephemeral.

Booth's alienation from her will be because she is the one that is pushing him away while the other people in her life that abandon her did so on their own. When she realizes that she is the one that is pushing him away, she will have her breakthrough. If she wants Booth in her life, she has to admit to herself that she needs him and wants him. This will be the character transformation that she has to make or else she will always be alone. Character growth.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:15 pm

I have to disagree with you guys that think the SO will be a catalyst for Brennan. Brennan will have to be her own catalyst. I don't think the prospect of losing Booth as a partner or a friend will affect her all that much. Think of all the "catalysts" we've had through the years. The gravedigger-where they BOTH could have died. Booth getting shot-Brennan thought he was dead for 2 weeks. The various SO's they have each been through. The brain tumor. Booth telling Brennan he wanted to be with her. Brennan sending Booth away to a war zone. And now 7 months apart. If the very real possibility of death wasn't enough for her to get with it, a silly girl that Booth is dating will have absolutely no effect.
I think the SO will do more for Booth than anything. If he gets serious with her while he isn't in Brennan's presence, he will think he is over her. But the minute they are all back in DC, in real life, he will wake up and realize he can't get over Brennan. And maybe the 7 months in a war zone will force him to fight a little harder for her.
Brennan on the other hand, I don't know what it's going to take for her. We'll see how long she is "ok" with Booth's relationship before she cracks.

Or we've been wrong all along and this is HH's way of reeling in the idea of any sort of relationship between them. Sleep I don't care either way anymore, I just want something resolved early this season, and get back to what Bones was before it became "As the B&B World Turns"
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:35 pm

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:I have to disagree with you guys that think the SO will be a catalyst for Brennan. Brennan will have to be her own catalyst. I don't think the prospect of losing Booth as a partner or a friend will affect her all that much. Think of all the "catalysts" we've had through the years. The gravedigger-where they BOTH could have died. Booth getting shot-Brennan thought he was dead for 2 weeks. The various SO's they have each been through. The brain tumor. Booth telling Brennan he wanted to be with her. Brennan sending Booth away to a war zone. And now 7 months apart. If the very real possibility of death wasn't enough for her to get with it, a silly girl that Booth is dating will have absolutely no effect.
I think the SO will do more for Booth than anything. If he gets serious with her while he isn't in Brennan's presence, he will think he is over her. But the minute they are all back in DC, in real life, he will wake up and realize he can't get over Brennan. And maybe the 7 months in a war zone will force him to fight a little harder for her.
Brennan on the other hand, I don't know what it's going to take for her. We'll see how long she is "ok" with Booth's relationship before she cracks.

Or we've been wrong all along and this is HH's way of reeling in the idea of any sort of relationship between them. Sleep I don't care either way anymore, I just want something resolved early this season, and get back to what Bones was before it became "As the B&B World Turns"

I agree, but I don't know what that catalyst for her will be. With everything they've been through and she still can't see???
IMO, Bones doesn't have to worry about the curse of "Moonlighting", the poor writing has caused their characters to morph into something I don't recognize. They've created their own curse in my opinion. By trying so hard not to get their leads together, all of this hogwash has created their own worst enemy, me, one peeved fan.
Don't get me wrong, I loved this show all the way up to 100. Then Brennan and Booth became characters I didn't recognize. And everyone can say they have to go through this and have hope and patience, HH will get them together at the end.
I'm about at the point where, good for Booth, he has a love interest. I hope I like the actress and I hope it works. Brennan can be happy with her dead people. I'm feelin some more Brennan hate than I would like (really it's writers hate, not Brennan).
Just my opinion.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:38 pm

recoveringbonesaddict wrote:
dreamerktm411 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

I agree with your points. However, Booth admitted to Brennan that he wants a future with her, but she was the one that rejected him. She believes love is ephemeral. In her mind, a friendship or even a working relationship with Booth can last longer, so she opted for this choice. The problem for Brennan is that friendships and even working relationships can also be ephemeral.

Booth's alienation from her will be because she is the one that is pushing him away while the other people in her life that abandon her did so on their own. When she realizes that she is the one that is pushing him away, she will have her breakthrough. If she wants Booth in her life, she has to admit to herself that she needs him and wants him. This will be the character transformation that she has to make or else she will always be alone. Character growth.

IMO she already knows she needs and wants him. Where she needs to break through is that she can actually have him. That's not going to come from Booth being with another woman, nor (obviously) from Booth saying he wants her. She needs to realize she is worthy of love (pointed out in harbinger's by the pyschic) and that she is strong enough, and capable enough to handle it if it doesn't work out. To that end, I think her comment about the snakes is about her starting to work that part out. The SO may help her with being strong enough to be without him. Maybe it will help her with realizing she CAN handle being "abandoned." However, it definitely does not help with her feeling worthy of him in the first place or that he's better off with someone else.

@MI_ Bonesgirl - LMAO! I was writing this when you posted your comment! Very Happy. You know that soap got canceled, right. Definitely not a good model HH. Laughing
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum