Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Script Is Written

+12
a_rangergrl2
elyon
jro54
empiricist
MI_Bonesgirl
katharine
SnoopGirl
mommahurley
heirofloki
joybrennan
treble21
dreamerktm411
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Script Is Written Empty New Script Is Written

Post by dreamerktm411 Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:13 am

Not sure if anyone's posted a topic about it yet, if so I'm sorry. But Hart just sent this tweet:

HartHanson : 1st script, season 6 exists. No doubt the 1st script I've written for which no one'll have a single note or concern and we'll shoot as is.

dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

New Script Is Written Empty Re: New Script Is Written

Post by treble21 Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:23 am

No one created a new topic about it, I just posted it the tweet in the discussion about that spoiler.

feel free to discuss it in here.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:37 am

Probably cause it's so close to deadline there isn't time. Wink
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:40 am

joybrennan wrote:Probably cause it's so close to deadline there isn't time. Wink

LOL yeah they start shooting in like 12 days.

I posted this in the other thread but since it's more on topic in here I'll repost it. given the other tweet he gave today This is one of those scripts that makes you want to throw in the towel and take up Rutabaga Farming on Hornby Island. As well as his tweet earlier this week @HartHanson and the actors, do they have the script? have they seen it yet? Thanks
@Sarinna They don't have the script because I'm still writing it

I'd say that the script giving him issues was episode 1.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:55 am

treble21 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:Probably cause it's so close to deadline there isn't time. Wink

LOL yeah they start shooting in like 12 days.

I posted this in the other thread but since it's more on topic in here I'll repost it. given the other tweet he gave today This is one of those scripts that makes you want to throw in the towel and take up Rutabaga Farming on Hornby Island. As well as his tweet earlier this week @HartHanson and the actors, do they have the script? have they seen it yet? Thanks
@Sarinna They don't have the script because I'm still writing it

I'd say that the script giving him issues was episode 1.

I said it on the other thread and I'll say it again: I feel for HH. Nothing like having 250 people waiting for you to finish the damn script to really get the juices flowing. No

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:23 pm

I think he was being cynical and sarcastic when he said no one will have issue, revisions or concerns....becuase He knows everyone will. Either that..or the powers at the studio above him, layed down the law and took away his freedom and told him exactly what to write. And that's why he's ready to give up and become a farmer!

He's hard to read. He doesn't reall complain, just makes sardonic remarks...He doesn't blame others, but he doens't really fess up either.

Either, he said, "i'm doing it my way and everyone else shut up!" and that's what he did...or the studio heads told him "write it our way or forget season 7" and that's what he did. Who knows? Either way he seems a bit tortured by this scrpt. I guess there's always another side to any situation since above all it's a business.

Yesterday I lambasted him...today I kind of feel sorry for him. Come September...I hope it was the right choice. For the show. For him...and for us fans. One can only wait and see.

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:33 pm

How hard is it too write: Booth and Brennan hug at the pond place, admit they missed each other, sit and chat on a bench, then go to umm, let's see, a place called Founding Father's or Royal Dinner and have some, umm, let's see, pie and french fries. A call from Cam interrupts them, dead body found, blah blah blah, investigate, solver murder, and end up at Booth's place drinking beer and talking about "stuff". Booth will say something cryptic to Brennan about something, like, umm, her feelings for him, and Brennan will say "I don't know what that means" and Booth will flash the killer smile of his and I will once again forget temporarily that yet another carrot was dangled in front of my television set.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:31 pm

mommahurley wrote:I think he was being cynical and sarcastic when he said no one will have issue, revisions or concerns....becuase He knows everyone will. Either that..or the powers at the studio above him, layed down the law and took away his freedom and told him exactly what to write. And that's why he's ready to give up and become a farmer!

... He's not commenting on the storyline, he's commenting on the process.

Scripts are submmitted for revision many, many, many times before you actually start shooting. Not just for censorship and network-programming stuff: budget managers, the post-production team and, particular to Bones' case, the make-up dep. ... they all may have concerns, and they do sometimes ask for revisions. They all need to know what's going on so they can figure out how to accomplish it (and if they have the funds to do so) before the actual shoot. He was being sarcastic, yes, but with regards to the fact that he's late and there is no time left before they need to start shooting, and if anyone does have a problem with what's written, well, there's no time to fix it. Which is why I said I felt bad for him -and likely for the crew as well. If adjustments need to be made at the last minute, their days are about to get crazier than usual.

This isn't about fan response. Fan response does not even factor yet. As much as we might complain, our complains don't actually get scripts re-written or entire plots thrown out for lack of feasibility. Wink

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:14 pm

The good news is that this means sides are on their way finally!
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:18 pm

What I think is funny is that either SN or some TV blogging tweeter had said a month (maybe less) ago that they had 6 scripts in the can already. Is that right? Something about writing or planning the second third of the season. But who knows, it's all a crap shoot as to whether they are giving us a story or just writing something to get everyone jittery.
I would love to know how much pull he really has as the show's creator. I'm sure a lot, but when it comes down to it, Fox pays the bills. I have a feeling they have a little more pull than he does.
It would be awful to be in that position, knowing that you want something to happen that your studio doesn't. Also knowing that you might lose your audience quicker than you'd like.
But we will all see around September 16th or 23rd and a few more Thursdays after that.
All I really ask is for a DB, well Booth, with a smile on his face more this season than last. No worrying about a tumor, his belt buckle or socks or his shooting potential. He better be worrying about that wife and 4 children he's claiming at customs back from Mid East.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:19 pm

heirofloki wrote:
mommahurley wrote:I think he was being cynical and sarcastic when he said no one will have issue, revisions or concerns....becuase He knows everyone will. Either that..or the powers at the studio above him, layed down the law and took away his freedom and told him exactly what to write. And that's why he's ready to give up and become a farmer!

... He's not commenting on the storyline, he's commenting on the process.

Scripts are submmitted for revision many, many, many times before you actually start shooting. Not just for censorship and network-programming stuff: budget managers, the post-production team and, particular to Bones' case, the make-up dep. ... they all may have concerns, and they do sometimes ask for revisions. They all need to know what's going on so they can figure out how to accomplish it (and if they have the funds to do so) before the actual shoot. He was being sarcastic, yes, but with regards to the fact that he's late and there is no time left before they need to start shooting, and if anyone does have a problem with what's written, well, there's no time to fix it. Which is why I said I felt bad for him -and likely for the crew as well. If adjustments need to be made at the last minute, their days are about to get crazier than usual.

This isn't about fan response. Fan response does not even factor yet. As much as we might complain, our complains don't actually get scripts re-written or entire plots thrown out for lack of feasibility. Wink

All true - and yeah, they don't change scripts because of complaints...unless the complaints come in with a ratings drop. Wink
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:31 pm

I tweeted Hart the following:

Mommahurley @HartHanson :1 Question, are you happy with the ep1 script? Were you able to do it your way? Or are you under duress? Not a spoiler really!

Mommahurley @HartHanson because deep down I've always felt you;re a ship at heart, but FOX may be the puppet master. I know you won't say...just wink;)

To which he responded:

HartHanson @Mommahurley There seems to be a misconception that the network is an evil puppet master. We are capable of making our own mistakes.

I'm going to take this to mean that he's aware that people are unhappy. That he takes responsibility for it...and that perhaps he is not as immune to our feelings as we believe.

I responded again saying words to the effect...

I want Bones to succeed. I'm fearful and frustrated...but I'm still on board.

I'll let you know if he responds.

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:21 pm

katharine wrote:What I think is funny is that either SN or some TV blogging tweeter had said a month (maybe less) ago that they had 6 scripts in the can already. Is that right? Something about writing or planning the second third of the season. But who knows, it's all a crap shoot as to whether they are giving us a story or just writing something to get everyone jittery.
I would love to know how much pull he really has as the show's creator. I'm sure a lot, but when it comes down to it, Fox pays the bills. I have a feeling they have a little more pull than he does.
It would be awful to be in that position, knowing that you want something to happen that your studio doesn't. Also knowing that you might lose your audience quicker than you'd like.
But we will all see around September 16th or 23rd and a few more Thursdays after that.
All I really ask is for a DB, well Booth, with a smile on his face more this season than last. No worrying about a tumor, his belt buckle or socks or his shooting potential. He better be worrying about that wife and 4 children he's claiming at customs back from Mid East.

I still believe that what they were referring to was story outlines, ie. the plot of those first six episodes, I do not think that they would have written the actual scripts with dialogue before the writers went on vacation.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:22 pm

joybrennan wrote:
All true - and yeah, they don't change scripts because of complaints...unless the complaints come in with a ratings drop. Wink

Actually, no. Not even then. Scripts and episodes are done (finished) in advance. They may revise plot-lines from season to season, but it usually has to be a major Prison Break "We killed Sara and the storyline went south" type-thing, where the fanbase is the demo, for them to actually reassess and equate complains to ratings drop (as in most shows, the fanbase does not equal the demo). Even then, most of the experienced show-runners do what they do, end of story. See House, BSG, Buffy et al. for reference.

And treble is right: Drafts do not equal shooting scripts. And even if they did finish those scripts, revised and polished them before the summer break, we are not aware of their slotted number in the season.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:34 pm

SnoopGirl wrote:How hard is it too write: Booth and Brennan hug at the pond place, admit they missed each other, sit and chat on a bench, then go to umm, let's see, a place called Founding Father's or Royal Dinner and have some, umm, let's see, pie and french fries. A call from Cam interrupts them, dead body found, blah blah blah, investigate, solver murder, and end up at Booth's place drinking beer and talking about "stuff". Booth will say something cryptic to Brennan about something, like, umm, her feelings for him, and Brennan will say "I don't know what that means" and Booth will flash the killer smile of his and I will once again forget temporarily that yet another carrot was dangled in front of my television set.

You read my mind!!
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by empiricist Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:52 am

mommahurley wrote:I tweeted Hart the following:

Mommahurley @HartHanson :1 Question, are you happy with the ep1 script? Were you able to do it your way? Or are you under duress? Not a spoiler really!

Mommahurley @HartHanson because deep down I've always felt you;re a ship at heart, but FOX may be the puppet master. I know you won't say...just wink;)

To which he responded:

HartHanson @Mommahurley There seems to be a misconception that the network is an evil puppet master. We are capable of making our own mistakes.

Of course he says this. He is not going to bite the hand that feeds him. The network signs his paycheck.

Watched a few minutes of a Justin Bieber documentary on E. Of course, he was big on twitter. One of the reasons was because he spent tons of time tweeting his fans. They felt connected. When suggestions were made to him, he would tell his managers what the fans wanted.
It is interesting that the networks are too big to make those kinds of decisions. Their audience testing is much less grass roots and more complicated. Unhappy fans watching are just as good as happy fans watching. The numbers are important, not happy or unhappy. Of course, what they miss is that eventually, people become less enthused and stop watching. (Everyone remain calm. Don't anyone take that as a cry for a boycott. I am discussing the flaws in the network system. I don't have that kind of power, nor do I want it. It is just an intellectual discussion.)

empiricist
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:51 am

To which he responded:

I'm going to take this to mean that he's aware that people are unhappy. That he takes responsibility for it...and that perhaps he is not as immune to our feelings as we believe.

Well, I don't think HH is going to rewrite a script just because fans complain because he just going to do what he wants to do. But to me, this tweet does seem like maybe he is aware that he has made mistakes and that fans are unhappy with him.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:17 am

No Hart will not rewrite scripts or change his storyline based on a small amout of people who send him hate messages on Twitter. Even though the fans on Twitter are very vocal, it really is just a small tip of the Bones fanbase. In fact, every one of Hart's followers could quit watching and it really wouldn't affect the overall ratings that much.
There is a saying that I once heard "if you're pleasing everyone, or pissing them all off, you're doing something wrong" So he has no choice but to do as he, and FOX want.
Wow. Who am I and what did I do with MI_Bonesgirl?? Suspect
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:01 am

New tweet:

carerowline

First script of the season went off to directors, producers and crew today. It's real. Season Six is starting.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:03 am

Another useful tweet:

@flixfreak We have outlines for seven episodes so far. Haven't seen or heard anything related to the season premiere though.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:03 am

Should have said that last was from a month ago but illuminating never the less.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by a_rangergrl2 Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:13 am

jro54 wrote:

To which he responded:

Well, I don't think HH is going to rewrite a script just because fans complain because he just going to do what he wants to do. But to me, this tweet does seem like maybe he is aware that he has made mistakes and that fans are unhappy with him.

Jro54,

I think he really is more uncomfortable with where he left B&B at the end of season 5 than he was at season 4. Not just from this tweet, but from his recent previous responses as well. The pressure seems to be getting to him a bit.

Mommahurly,

Perfect tone to your tweets to him -respectful but concerned. I think sometimes all the harsh negative things sent to him block out the fact that most of us really do want the show to succeed. We are not hoping it will fail so we can say "I told you so". At the same time some of us have real fears about where he is taking the show and we shouldn't be expected to just keep chanting "we have faith in you!" That's the closest I've seen him come to admitting he may have made some mistakes. And that's not something you get from someone when they are always being pushed into defense mode by angry and hostile venting.
a_rangergrl2
a_rangergrl2
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:42 pm

To which he responded:

Hart's Edmonton speech is what has made me wonder if FOX pressured him to change the concept of putting B and B together in the 5th season:

<<I could tell you a long business story about what happened to me this summer, where the fast version is that the head of the new… the brand-new head of Fox called me and said, “You’re going to do it this way, or there will be no Bones next year.” And I, of course, said something… until my wife pointed out to me that about 400 people depend on me for their jobs and wasn’t it my job – this is what she said – to keep the factory going so that everyone could work. >>

This certain sounds like the network is the evil puppet master to me. Of course, this could have been about Hart's financial arrangement with the network rather than the storyline, but still...you have to wonder.

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:55 pm

Fox definitely tries to lead them down different paths and dissuade them from things they want to do, but in the end all story lines are up to the Bones producers.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by a_rangergrl2 Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:37 pm

Lorna Doone wrote:Hart's Edmonton speech is what has made me wonder if FOX pressured him to change the concept of putting B and B together in the 5th season:

<<I could tell you a long business story about what happened to me this summer, where the fast version is that the head of the new… the brand-new head of Fox called me and said, “You’re going to do it this way, or there will be no Bones next year.” And I, of course, said something… until my wife pointed out to me that about 400 people depend on me for their jobs and wasn’t it my job – this is what she said – to keep the factory going so that everyone could work. >>

This certain sounds like the network is the evil puppet master to me. Of course, this could have been about Hart's financial arrangement with the network rather than the storyline, but still...you have to wonder.

Lorna

I think that may have had more to do with accepting the heavy handed product placement and the Avatar commercial, err episode. Smile
a_rangergrl2
a_rangergrl2
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next