Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where did or do you go to schooL?

+2
i_heart_bones
puckishbearscubsfan
6 posters

Go down

Where did or do you go to schooL? Empty Where did or do you go to schooL?

Post by puckishbearscubsfan Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:30 am

Like Brennan and Dr. Reichs I am a proud graduate of Northwestern University in Evanston, IL not only do I have my undergrad in August I finish my masters in music education.

Considered to be one of the top universities in the world. it is on a beautiful lakefront campus in Evanston which is a suburb just north of Chicago.

Always proud with much reason of it's academic excellence, until 1995 Northwestern was also known for bad football. Really bad football.

When I was in the marching band we won 5 games in 4 years.

But in 1995 they took the country's imagination with their joyous run to the Rose Bowl and since then while they haven't always been good good is now expected not a surprise.

And with the hero of that team now the head coach the C word on a national level is finally being whispered in Evanston and not laughed at.

They have always excelled in women's sports and some of the smaller men's sports.

School Colors; Purple.

Fight Song "Go U Northwestern" (and do you know the words to your fight song?)

Although I do like the version of Purple Rain that Prince did in 1995 for the team and donated the proceeds to charity.

Funny story about Northwestern and its head coach. (who lives next door to my brother and sister in law by the way)

His name is Pat Fitzgerald. Patrick Francis Fitzgerald (you don't suppose the boy's Irish do you?)

The main prosecutor of the Blagojevich case is Patrick Fitzgerald.

On the same day in 2008 Pat was put in the College Football Hall of Fame there was a huge development in the Blago case.

You know how they have stock footage on famous people to use when there's a story?

They switched the stock footage by accident and while they talked about the hard hitting prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald they showed PAt making a tackle as a player.

puckishbearscubsfan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Where did or do you go to schooL? Empty Re: Where did or do you go to schooL?

Post by i_heart_bones Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:15 pm

I go to University of Queensland, the best and most beautiful university in the world!
(Not a substantiated fact)
I did my undergrad bachelors and now I'm doing my honours year here.

I'll be completing my masters at the University of Edinburgh, fingers crossed I get accepted!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:28 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:I go to University of Queensland, the best and most beautiful university in the world!
I did am doing my undergrad bachelors and now I'm might be doing my honours year here.
Very Happy

Depending on what the University of Tennessee says when i'm there i might skip the honors and do my masters at either Australian National University or Flinders University.. haven't decided which but leaning towards ANU.

I'd like to do my phd at University of Tennessee. I'd do my masters if i could afford it.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:09 pm

Hey Jess I've heard from a few people that the MA at ANU is really heavy in the theoretical, but no so good in the practical Sad

Come to Scotland with me! Downside being that the course is costing me $20,000... Shocked
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:40 pm

I attend the University of Wollongong (UOW).

its not too bad.
it has the world worst parking!!!!!!! like seriously! everyone constanly complains about the limited number of places and the prices.

We have a very diverse range of students, with over 30% being international students.

as well as the main Wollongong campus, there is also a much, much smaller (but very nice) campus in Shollhaven (Nowra) as well as a campus in Dubai.

The year before i started at UOW (i started in 2008) the 'arngry duck' died. this duck was rather famous with students and staff... however he wasnt called the angry duck for nothing. he used to always attack people on the duck pond lawn ( the popular lawn where most people have lunch or just lay around in the sun)... now there is a statue of the duck for everyone to remember him.... luckily for me i never had to worry about being attacked!

I try to spend the least amount of time possible there... it's generally very boring, with nothing much going on at all.... we have markets every second Wednesday and sometimes live music on the lawn.
The uni bar there apparently is really popular on a Thursday night (often with band playing; local or touring bands) but i never go coz i work on Thursday nights.

here, i am doing a Bachelor of Commerce, double majoring in Public Relations Very Happy and International Business Neutral
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:12 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:Hey Jess I've heard from a few people that the MA at ANU is really heavy in the theoretical, but no so good in the practical Sad

Come to Scotland with me! Downside being that the course is costing me $20,000... Shocked
I heard that too, which is the reason i'm considering Flinders!

I wish i could afford that! UTK is almost $30,000 US Sad (And that's just the average estimate according to the website).
Brain&Heart wrote:The year before i started at UOW (i started in 2008) the 'arngry duck' died. this duck was rather famous with students and staff... however he wasnt called the angry duck for nothing. he used to always attack people on the duck pond lawn ( the popular lawn where most people have lunch or just lay around in the sun)... now there is a statue of the duck for everyone to remember him.... luckily for me i never had to worry about being attacked!
We have geese, ducks etc... the geese do not like me. I got attacked once when some other people woke the sleeping geese up. For some reason i looked like the most appropriate human to attack.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:35 am

future_anthro wrote:
i_heart_bones wrote:I go to University of Queensland, the best and most beautiful university in the world!
I did am doing my undergrad bachelors and now I'm might be doing my honours year here.
Very Happy

Depending on what the University of Tennessee says when i'm there i might skip the honors and do my masters at either Australian National University or Flinders University.. haven't decided which but leaning towards ANU.

I'd like to do my phd at University of Tennessee. I'd do my masters if i could afford it.

A really good friend of mine is a Tennessee Alumni. Knoxsville is pretty area.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:52 am

I'm planning on going to MSU. (Michigan State University)

Colors: Green and White

Yes, I know the entire fight song, partially because I've lived in MSU's home town for quite a while. I also happen to know the UofM fight song too, but UofM and MSU a big rivals in sports. Mainly football.
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum