Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else love "True Blood"?

4 posters

Go down

Anyone else love "True Blood"? Empty Anyone else love "True Blood"?

Post by gordongordonfan Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:46 pm

Okay, am I the only "twisted" one on here who loves True Blood? (It starts up again Sunday for it's 3rd season on HBO and it's the only "show" that'll help the time before Bones comes back speed by!)

I guess I should be too old to admit this, but the Eric Northman character... = yummy! :-) Actually, you're never too old to have a kindergarten crush right? LOL
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Anyone else love "True Blood"? Empty Re: Anyone else love "True Blood"?

Post by CanadianBones Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:35 pm

I like True Blood too!
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:23 pm

New season starts Sunday so it'll be good to have that show to follow for the summer! I think season 3 is gonna be good. (Sucks that they are so short, only 12 episodes I think) :-)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:52 pm

True Blood lover. Now that is a vampire show. Just love the lust and kinkiness of this show. And I could look at Alexander Skaarsgard as much as David Boreanaz. Hot piece of vampire.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by rexcat Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:56 pm

I liked the first season. Couldn't watch the 2nd. I'm sorry...it bored me.
rexcat
rexcat
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:42 am

katherine- LOL... Yeah, Skarsgaard is pretty fine to look at! [Only admins are allowed to see this image] I love True Blood, and it's helping get me through the summer Bones withdrawal! I'm ready for the Eric/Sookie time that's coming this season and next.

rexcat- If you liked season 1 you should give season 3 a try. I watched every episode, but season 2 had a lot of the whole "Maryann" storyline and that whole concept was downright annoying. (I would actually fast forward some of those parts to get to the storyline of Sookie/Eric/Bill/Godric in Dallas which was good.) A lot of people hated that whole storyline in season 2. Season 3 has started of "fast and furious"... So far there's only been 2 episodes in season 3 but they've been amazing. Episode 3 airs tomorrow.
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:51 pm

gordongordonfan wrote:katherine- LOL... Yeah, Skarsgaard is pretty fine to look at! [Only admins are allowed to see this image] I love True Blood, and it's helping get me through the summer Bones withdrawal! I'm ready for the Eric/Sookie time that's coming this season and next.

rexcat- If you liked season 1 you should give season 3 a try. I watched every episode, but season 2 had a lot of the whole "Maryann" storyline and that whole concept was downright annoying. (I would actually fast forward some of those parts to get to the storyline of Sookie/Eric/Bill/Godric in Dallas which was good.) A lot of people hated that whole storyline in season 2. Season 3 has started of "fast and furious"... So far there's only been 2 episodes in season 3 but they've been amazing. Episode 3 airs tomorrow.

I agree about the Maryann thing. That was all just too much. I just love LaFayette too. Sookie and Eric, now that's a couple. I like her and Bill, but Eric, damn, he's just tooooo much vampire for me... Gotta work late tomorrow night. Thank goodness for DVR.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:36 pm

YAY! I'm totally "team Eric" too! LOL On Bones I'm all about getting B/B together... and on TB I'm all about the Eric/Sookie scenes!

I won't give anything away from tonight's episode of TB case you haven't see it katherine... I'll just say Oh... My... God...... Did. They. Just. Do. That. to a totally warped ending.
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:34 pm

[quote="gordongordonfan"]YAY! I'm totally "team Eric" too! LOL On Bones I'm all about getting B/B together... and on TB I'm all about the Eric/Sookie scenes!

I won't give anything away from tonight's episode of TB case you haven't see it katherine... I'll just say Oh... My... God...... Did. They. Just. Do. That. to a totally warped ending.[/quo

Watched it late last night and you are freakin right about the ending. It was head turning!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sookie just needs to give in to Eric. Eric or Bill, really is there a choice. But I will say that I like the actor who plays Bill, when he speaks with British / Australian accent. I can't remember right now where he is from. He and / or guy that plays Sookie's brother, one is British, the other Australian I think. A vampire with an accent, take me now!!!!!!
They really put Twilight tweens in their place. Can't stand that movie saga - sorry if stepping on anyone's toes about that. That's not real vampires. Robert Pattinson, please. Eric, Bill, Angel, even Nick from Moonlight would kick his ass in a heartbeat, that is if they had one.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:24 pm

LOL! I agree katherine! A choice between Eric or Bill? Please!

Bill is like... [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Eric is like... [Only admins are allowed to see this image] ... [Only admins are allowed to see this image] ... [Only admins are allowed to see this image] ... [Only admins are allowed to see this image] ... [Only admins are allowed to see this image] ... [Only admins are allowed to see this image] (nuff said? LOL)

Stephen Moyer, ("Bill") is from England I think... Ryan Kwanten ("Jason") is from Australia. Love them both. As far as characters though, Eric is the perfect "bad boy" just waiting to reveal that soft side for 1 woman... (yet still stay his "bad ass" self too!)

It is funny to even think of TB and Twilight in comparative terms huh? I've got no problem with Twilight, but it's definitely in a different class and playing to a very different demographic than TB. I remember a when TB first came out seeing some quote about "our vampires would kick your vampires ass" or something... it was funny but I can't remember how it was worded. I just love the writing on TB. It's so twisted and funny, and sometimes there are little "1-liners" in there you barely catch.
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:15 pm

Okay... any True Blood fans out there who caught the panel for this show at Comic Con?? I saw in online, just like the Bones one, but it would have been awesome to see it live. My brother lives in San Diego so that would mean pretty cheap vacation... hmmm... I'll have to think ahead next year.....

Anyway, back to the point here.... what was with Alan Ball saying that "Bill and Sookie are soulmates" and he's "rooting for them to work out"???? [Only admins are allowed to see this image] At least he added "but I don't know if they will"!

Katherine???? You see this thread??? I know that YOU will agree with me on this one!

I don't know why Ball said that, but it kinda threw me when he knows a vast majority of the fan base LOVES Eric! I'm fine with some Bill/Sookie time... and even her dating other characters... but her and Eric belong together... and there time should be coming soon. I know AB is differing from the books, and that's fine... but even the show is portraying some heavy sexual tension b/n Sookie and Eric, and the start of deeper feelings... and he has said they WILL go down that path with S/E... Of course it won't be a "happy ever after" thing, (cause you gotta keep the drama alive on this kind of show!) but they deserve a good long run, and not just a "fill in" till she goes back to "soul mate" Bill. In the books Bill just used her, and sure... he DID grow to care about her later but he's their relationship kinda fizzles. But Eric and her just SIZZLE, and build slowly throughout the whole series! Eric shows a "human side" to Sookie he hasn't had in hundreds of years...

I know the show is gonna be different than the books in many ways, but even the TV version of Bill and Eric seem to point out to me that Eric and Sookie are much more interesting and dynamic... and more of a relationship thats "tougher to earn"... and therefore more valued in the end. I don't know... maybe AB meant the soul mate thing more lightly, but I think it was an awful choice of words. Charlaine Harris quickly pointed out that in her books Bill was NOT Sookie's soul mate. Grrrrrrr.....
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum