Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just an Observation

+7
joybrennan
dawnsfire
dreamerktm411
bailey
treble21
katharine
bones20
11 posters

Go down

Just an Observation Empty Just an Observation

Post by bones20 Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:49 am

i might be being a little to critical but in S01E05 A Boy in a Bush Bones says she was in the foster system until her grandfather got her out. Has it ever mentioned this again or has anybody heard anything about this coming out again?
bones20
bones20

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Just an Observation Empty Re: Just an Observation

Post by katharine Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:00 am

bones20 wrote:i might be being a little to critical but in S01E05 A Boy in a Bush Bones says she was in the foster system until her grandfather got her out. Has it ever mentioned this again or has anybody heard anything about this coming out again?

I think this was another inconsistency in the writing. I remember in an episode in S3 or S4, I think, when Max gives Brennan her mother's ring, she is surprised that she has family. He tells her that she has aunts, I believe, on her mother's side, but he had no family, just them. I think it's just one of those things they hope we forget they said. But we are smart and dig for those answers.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:31 am

it has never been mentioned on the show again, although it has often been discussed on the board, king and queen have posited a theory that I believe fits. Basically when Brennan said that she was only on her 5th (or 6th I guess) case with Booth, It makes sense that she wouldn't want to delve into her personal history with Booth, especially history that would be highly emotional for her ( something she avoids at all costs). So she avoided it by telling Booth what he wanted to hear.

Although someone tweeted HH late last year and asked about it being an inconsistancy and HH tweeted back something about it not being an inconsistancy yet, but I don't remember the actual wording.

(Rob and dawnsfire if I got anything wrong please let me know I think I summed it up ok?)
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:39 am

They also have the fact that Brennan's grandfather got her out of the system listed under the character fact sheet for her on the season one DVD. Although I guess the arguement could be made that, at that time, it was canon (since she said it, even if she was lying to avoid a conversation.) But I like your theory. Smile Easy way to avoid a bunch of questions from Booth that she wasn't ready to answer.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bones20 Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:23 pm

thanks!
bones20
bones20

Number of posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:21 pm

Yeah, it's just a super annoying error that the writers made. It bugs me to too
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:49 pm

I think you got the gist of it, treb!

And I think HH's answer suggested it might not have been an actual, related-by-blood, relative...or maybe it could have been. He was his usual vague self. Rolling Eyes

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:59 pm

treble21 wrote:it has never been mentioned on the show again, although it has often been discussed on the board, king and queen have posited a theory that I believe fits. Basically when Brennan said that she was only on her 5th (or 6th I guess) case with Booth, It makes sense that she wouldn't want to delve into her personal history with Booth, especially history that would be highly emotional for her ( something she avoids at all costs). So she avoided it by telling Booth what he wanted to hear.

Although someone tweeted HH late last year and asked about it being an inconsistency and HH tweeted back something about it not being an inconsistency yet, but I don't remember the actual wording.

(Rob and dawnsfire if I got anything wrong please let me know I think I summed it up ok?)

OK, HH, I've got to give you that one -" YET." lol!
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:51 am

People also theorized that it could have been someone she thought of "like" a grandfather kind of like how that creepy janitor how she was so close to him. Or...could have been one of max's buddies keeping an eye out on the family. Although, I tend to go with the "she told booth what he wanted to hear" story. It was early in their partnership and she probably didn't want or need his sympathy if he knew how bad her time in the system really was.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by ddc Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:23 pm

Just watched that episode again last night. I'd forgotten how much personal stuff comes up in that one. Not just Brennan and foster care but who exactly Jack Hodgins is. And the look on Booth's face when he sees the boy's skeleton laid out on the exam table - it's before we know about Parker but watching it now it's obvious Booth's thinking of his own son.

As for the "grandfather", Brennan's family situation probably wasn't thought out completely at the time. For retroactive continuity I would say either she made it up or there was a former neighbor or friend of the family who claimed to be her grandfather to get her out of foster care.

ddc

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:23 am

She talks with Max in season 2 about how he told her that she didn't have any grandparents.
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:47 pm

Maybe when she was talking to Max they were referring to the fact that has now has no living grandparents, but when she was younger one of her grandfathers did rescue her.

Otherwise i'd agree with the telling what Booth wanted to hear.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by brainysmrfs Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:21 am

I always thought she said that to end the conversation because she didn't want to reveal too much, I didn't read too much more into it. The fact that it was never addressed again lands it into that abyss of Bones Unsolved Mysteries along with the present Bren opened in The Man in the Fallout Shelter, the note she wrote in The Aliens in the Spaceship and the sleeping arrangements in The Double Trouble in the Panhandle ...
brainysmrfs
brainysmrfs
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 70
Say What You Want : Journeys End in Lovers Meetings
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1683675/brainysmrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content