Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brennan's letter

+15
elyon
SnoopGirl
Fi1975
MI_Bonesgirl
Meegs82
joybrennan
gordongordonfan
treble21
thatgirl61
boothbrennan13
dreamerktm411
jro54
Brain&Heart
future_anthro
clair82
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brennan's letter Empty Brennan's letter

Post by clair82 Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:23 pm

Tweet from Hart Hanson:

HH Tweets: Brennan's Letter
Fan: Will we ever find out what was in Brennan's letter from 'Aliens in a Spaceship'?

Hart: Yes. But I suppose I get to write that one because @squarechicken didn't put it in the Gravedigger Trial.

Ooh, the possibilities!!!!

clair82
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 38
Say What You Want : Everybody poops. They even wrote a book about it...
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Brennan's letter Empty Re: Brennan's letter

Post by future_anthro Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:41 pm

They'll probably save it for the end of S6 Sad
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:47 pm

i was so exceited when i read this.
this is one of the things i want to see most (ok, so that's a lie, it probably one of the 100 things i want to see most lol)

let's just hope it was a letter to Booth, or something about her feelings towards him. but im not going to speculate on this any futher for the time being.
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:04 am

Yay! I just hope it's to Booth or something about her feelings for him or secretly wanting a relationship with him.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:47 am

I am so relieved and excited by this!
By the time they show it, it'll probably be over 4 years worth of wanting to see what it says. Smile) I hope Hart doesn't change his mind!
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by boothbrennan13 Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:21 am

I am so glad that we will get to see this! And apparently HH has known from the beginning what that letter contains...it's all about timing, my friends!!!
boothbrennan13
boothbrennan13
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by thatgirl61 Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:29 am

If this is how Booth finds out that Brennan loves him, I hope she shows him the letter in the first episode of the season!!!

thatgirl61
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:40 am

thatgirl61 wrote:If this is how Booth finds out that Brennan loves him, I hope she shows him the letter in the first episode of the season!!!

Sounds good! thumbsup
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:52 am

I don't wanna get my hopes up about this because, given who Brennan was at the time of her burial, I don't know how sentimental the letter will be...... although to indulge in a little speculation.... it would be great if she uses the letter to prove to Booth that she has loved him as long as he has loved her.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:10 am

treble21 wrote:I don't wanna get my hopes up about this because, given who Brennan was at the time of her burial, I don't know how sentimental the letter will be...... although to indulge in a little speculation.... it would be great if she uses the letter to prove to Booth that she has loved him as long as he has loved her.

You're right. We shouldn't get our hopes up too much because when it happens, people might be very disappointing. I also didn't think about how much Brennan has changed since S2. She kept saying how she knows that Booth will find them, but when Hodgins says that she's has a lot faith in Booth and she says I don't believe in faith and Hodgins says, "what you have is faith, baby," or something like that. So I don't know. (it's my 2nd fave episode)

But it would be frickin awesome!
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:13 pm

Yeah, I was just thinking too that while I'm very excited that it'll be revealed in an epi (and not just forgotten)... I'm gonna not get TOO excited and have the mile high build up...

If we expect the "Booth I love you and I'm sorry I never told you thank you for making my life complete" and so forth kinda stuff... then we may underappreciate some truly good stuff and feel a "let down" (as has happened over many things in the past LOL) Think how meaningful it would be even it was just financial arrangements (since she was pretty newly rich and had lots of money to arrange for...) if she left a simple note detailing for that to go to Booth that alone is VERY telling about how much he means to her... because he's the closest person in her life to her... but I think people would be disappointed cause of the lack of the "mushy stuff" :-)

Just using the financial thing as 1 example of the many ways it could go... not that I think it'll be this. I just am NOT going to expect TONS of mush and gush but rather hope we get something "very telling"! (And if we get the whole "shebang".. then great!!)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:42 pm

boothbrennan13 wrote:I am so glad that we will get to see this! And apparently HH has known from the beginning what that letter contains...

I don't know about that. Rolling Eyes At one point they were asking Emily (as she's the "channel" for Brennan) about what SHE felt was in Brennan's letter. Laughing So, either they've come to an agreement about what that is, OR, it's another carrot to get fans to watch. Twisted Evil

Until it's on the screen, they can tweet like a roomful of canaries. I ain't buying it. Razz
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:53 pm

yeah i said i wasnt going to speculate on this... but... yeah i agree that we can't expect anything mushy and all 'i love you, i wish i told you sooner' type thing (if we actually do ever get to see what was in the letter). She wasn't at that stage back then (and apparently still isnt!!)
but anything that mentions him at all in the letter would show how much he means to her, she was about to die and yet managed to write about or to him, obviously this would show what he meant to her... almost like the 'i love you' that wasnt verbally said but was shown with them holding hands in the SF.
ok, enough! i will wait till september....(well i say that now, but i didnt even make it through this thread without going back on my word about speculation! Wink LOL)
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:22 am

treble21 wrote:I don't wanna get my hopes up about this because, given who Brennan was at the time of her burial, I don't know how sentimental the letter will be...... although to indulge in a little speculation.... it would be great if she uses the letter to prove to Booth that she has loved him as long as he has loved her.

She wouldn't use the word "love" How about this: As my last will and testment, I, Dr. Temperance Brennan, would like all my assets split between Booth, Angela, and Russ. Booth, you get the car. Also, don't blame yourself for this. Being your partner has enriched my life beyond measure, nothing else has ever meant more to me...I wish I hadn't let the tequila issue stop us from having sex that night. You are an excellent kisser. It is my best memory. Sincerely yours, "Bones."
Laughing
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:24 am

joybrennan wrote:

She wouldn't use the word "love" How about this: As my last will and testment, I, Dr. Temperance Brennan, would like all my assets split between Booth, Angela, and Russ. Booth, you get the car. Also, don't blame yourself for this. Being your partner has enriched my life beyond measure, nothing else has ever meant more to me...I wish I hadn't let the tequila issue stop us from having sex that night. You are an excellent kisser. It is my best memory. Sincerely yours, "Bones."
Laughing

LMAO.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:11 pm

treble21 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

Laughing

LMAO.
Good! That was the intent of posting. Twisted Evil
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:15 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you! At least to the first part of your post. Brennan couldn't have expressed her love for him halfway through the second season, even if she was about to die. If she can't express her feelings 3 1/2 years later when Booth is standing in front of her, flinging himself at her feet and kissing the ground she walks on, then why would she be able to tell him in a letter that she loves him? Brennan doesn't know how to love...she said it herself. I'm not getting my hopes up AT ALL.

Hart toys with us so damn much that I am just flat out OVER it. He can say "yes" now and then completely and totally ignore it. I hope I'm wrong and I hope we can see the letter. I wrote an entire fanfic based on that letter, but hey...it's fanfic. If we do ever see the letter, I highly doubt it will be as big of a deal as he makes it out to be. Once again, I hope I'm wrong.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:16 pm

joybrennan wrote:
boothbrennan13 wrote:I am so glad that we will get to see this! And apparently HH has known from the beginning what that letter contains...

I don't know about that. Rolling Eyes At one point they were asking Emily (as she's the "channel" for Brennan) about what SHE felt was in Brennan's letter. Laughing So, either they've come to an agreement about what that is, OR, it's another carrot to get fans to watch. Twisted Evil

Until it's on the screen, they can tweet like a roomful of canaries. I ain't buying it. Razz

Carrot. Most definitely a carrot.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:19 pm

Sorry, I guess I should have been more clear in the second part of my post, I didn't mean that the letter would say she was in love with him, that flat out will not happen IMO, but that it would be cool if some part of that letter could be used to prove that to him ( ie. if she left all her money to him or parker.)
Smile
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:22 am

Meegs82 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

Carrot. Most definitely a carrot.

You know-I'm over carrots. If he's gonna continue to dangle something-at least make it something good, like a Snickers bar or something... Or even dangle nekkid DB on a string......
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:42 am

I don't mean to be negative, but I highly doubt that the letter is a love letter to Booth considering how her character was in S2 mainly because I just don't want to get my hopes up too high only to be disappointed again. I think she always kind of been emotional attached to Booth, but I don't think she would be pouring out her feelings to him in the letter or use the word, "love." But if she were kidnapped and buried alive right now, I have no doubt that she would write a love letter to him.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:57 am

jro54 wrote:I don't mean to be negative, but I highly doubt that the letter is a love letter to Booth considering how her character was in S2 mainly because I just don't want to get my hopes up too high only to be disappointed again. I think she always kind of been emotional attached to Booth, but I don't think she would be pouring out her feelings to him in the letter or use the word, "love." But if she were kidnapped and buried alive right now, I have no doubt that she would write a love letter to him.

This is not negative, this is realistic, given who Booth and Brennan were in Season 2 I think it's highley unlikely that she wrote him a "love letter". I think it's more likely she wrote something similar to what she said to him at the end of that episode " I knew you wouldn't give up".
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:14 am

treble21 wrote:
jro54 wrote:I don't mean to be negative, but I highly doubt that the letter is a love letter to Booth considering how her character was in S2 mainly because I just don't want to get my hopes up too high only to be disappointed again. I think she always kind of been emotional attached to Booth, but I don't think she would be pouring out her feelings to him in the letter or use the word, "love." But if she were kidnapped and buried alive right now, I have no doubt that she would write a love letter to him.

This is not negative, this is realistic, given who Booth and Brennan were in Season 2 I think it's highley unlikely that she wrote him a "love letter". I think it's more likely she wrote something similar to what she said to him at the end of that episode " I knew you wouldn't give up".
Yeah, the love letter thing - not so much. She also, however, was is very logical and practical. She'd leave him and Angela cash and Booth the car she got from the publishing company. She knew he was jealous about it. Smile She would want him and Angela taken care of. They were the two most important people in the world to her. I love you
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Fi1975 Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:52 am

I wonder sometimes if Brennan's note should be kept a secret. Part of me thinks it would be good to know what she wrote, but, as others have said, she wasn't as close to Booth then, so I don't think it would be very lovey-dovey. I think that the fans have such high expectations, which, I think, could lead to disappointment. So much fanfic has been written about it, people have formed their own opinons about what was in it, so I wonder if it would be a let down if we did findout what Brennan wrote.

Fi1975
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 51
Say What You Want : Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!
Registration date : 2009-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:30 am

Fi1975 wrote:I wonder sometimes if Brennan's note should be kept a secret. Part of me thinks it would be good to know what she wrote, but, as others have said, she wasn't as close to Booth then, so I don't think it would be very lovey-dovey. I think that the fans have such high expectations, which, I think, could lead to disappointment. So much fanfic has been written about it, people have formed their own opinons about what was in it, so I wonder if it would be a let down if we did findout what Brennan wrote.

I said this before the GD episode this season, I would prefer never to know, cause the actual letter will never live up to our expectations.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum