Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just have to say...the Australian Bones promos are so annoying and inaccurate....

+6
clair82
bk201
SJB
Brain&Heart
future_anthro
spectacularviews
10 posters

Go down

I just have to say...the Australian Bones promos are so annoying and inaccurate.... Empty I just have to say...the Australian Bones promos are so annoying and inaccurate....

Post by spectacularviews Sun May 30, 2010 6:48 pm

....any Aussies here agree? Especially when you know what's coming

a la tonight....

"A little boy is missing" - cue picture of Parker....

WTF? Seriously? That episode is so not about that (it's the Gravedigger episode)

So misleading....

spectacularviews
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

I just have to say...the Australian Bones promos are so annoying and inaccurate.... Empty Re: I just have to say...the Australian Bones promos are so annoying and inaccurate....

Post by future_anthro Sun May 30, 2010 8:03 pm

Yeah they are so misleading it's not funny.

With the exception of the 100th... cause for those ads they just showed every good scene.

Example:

I have a friend who watches it only on tv (unless we have the time during the semester for her to come to my place and catch up - which is rare) and another friend and i watch them all when they air in the US. Normally we can't talk about what happen because it's spoilers for her but when it came to the 100th we could talk all we like because two weeks later she'd seen channel 7's ad for it and all the good bits we wanted to talk about were in the ad!

Stupid channel seven.

That said... at least they are only what... 2-3 weeks this season.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

I just have to say...the Australian Bones promos are so annoying and inaccurate.... Empty Re: I just have to say...the Australian Bones promos are so annoying and inaccurate....

Post by Brain&Heart Sun May 30, 2010 8:33 pm

hahahahaah i know!!!!
it appears to be a good promo... except its completly inaccurate!
if i hadnt seen the episode i would be completly hooked!..so it works in that regard.

i know im like pretty much the only one, but generally i love the aussie promos compared to the US one... i know most will dissagree on me there though tongue
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by SJB Sun May 30, 2010 9:38 pm

yeah I hate the aussie promo's!
I laughed when I saw this weeks because I knew how misleading it was!! That being said, if I hadn't already seen the episode, I would have been on the edge of my seat watching!

But generally I hate Channel 7's promos!
SJB
SJB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Sun May 30, 2010 9:39 pm

It's the same with the promo for the finale that they just aired after tonights ep.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Sun May 30, 2010 9:41 pm

yeahhh no need to wait till the end now to know if they decide to go on their 'trips'.. the add just gave away the ending!!!
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Sun May 30, 2010 9:45 pm

I know! So much for the suspense of whether or not Booth would go. I mean Brennan.. doesn't take long to work out she's going.

I'm actually really glad i watch it before i see those ads on Australian TV because if i only watched it on TV based on those ads i think i'd be disappointed.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by bk201 Sun May 30, 2010 9:50 pm

yea, saw that finale promo, what a spoiler XD

don't know if its just me, but in the ads they decide to own the show 'Seven's Bones,' when clearly they didn't create it or anything. i find it dodge

bk201

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Sun May 30, 2010 9:53 pm

future_anthro wrote:I know! So much for the suspense of whether or not Booth would go. I mean Brennan.. doesn't take long to work out she's going.

I'm actually really glad i watch it before i see those ads on Australian TV because if i only watched it on TV based on those ads i think i'd be disappointed.

yesss i know! it would be a let down... how ever just looking at it as promo, i think they look really good and generate emotion and hook you in.. but yeahhh i would be so dissapointed if i had not seen the ep already, it would have a different feel, right up until nearly the end i didnt think he would go (well i wasnt totally 100% sure) but after seeing this that suspence wouldnt be there.
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Sun May 30, 2010 9:58 pm

Oh yeah they definitely hook you in, that's for sure. They do that part of the job well. Just wish it wasn't in such a misleading way or by destroying the ending.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by spectacularviews Sun May 30, 2010 10:07 pm

I know! Why would you show Booth in his fatigues?

spectacularviews
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Sun May 30, 2010 10:09 pm

bk201 wrote:don't know if its just me, but in the ads they decide to own the show 'Seven's Bones,' when clearly they didn't create it or anything. i find it dodge
That's just them making it clear that they are the channel bringing you such a great show.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by clair82 Sun May 30, 2010 10:34 pm

I thought the same after Boy with the Answer tonight. They've basically given away the finale!!! People don't really need to watch it now because they know what is going to happen. And they really need to change the voice over. That woman is really annoying.....

clair82
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 38
Say What You Want : Everybody poops. They even wrote a book about it...
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Sun May 30, 2010 10:55 pm

The ads are just hilariously stupid! They make the episode sound like it has a completely different story line.

They are even more stupid on Fox8!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by spectacularviews Sun May 30, 2010 11:51 pm

future_anthro wrote:
bk201 wrote:don't know if its just me, but in the ads they decide to own the show 'Seven's Bones,' when clearly they didn't create it or anything. i find it dodge
That's just them making it clear that they are the channel bringing you such a great show.

Damn straight.

I do love the pairing of Bones with Castle, though. They're a good fit together.

And I love that Bones is on Sunday nights, it is the one night I'm likely to generally be able to make myself a TV date. Though I do wish we were a few weeks ahead.

I also notice Bones is seriously outrating House now. That would have never happened a few years back. I used to be such a big House fan....

Last edited by spectacularviews on Sun May 30, 2010 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : house)

spectacularviews
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Sun May 30, 2010 11:58 pm

Oh, the seven promo's are the worst, they totally gave away the ending to the season finale, it's like what's the point in watching it now?? Although while the gravedigger promo was misleading, it worked well for what it is meant to do, by bringing in the audience, cause I'm the only one who watches it ahead of time and when my dad saw the promo he was like 'what has Parker been kidnapped?'.
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie_Jackson Mon May 31, 2010 9:12 am

I have to agree. I used to live in Aus, but moved from there about seven months ago, so I saw a bunch of their promos. They've kind of always been misleading. I remember their promo for DDotDD, they showed a very, very tiny clip from "the scene" in the finale.
Oi...
And the 100th promo. It pains me to watch that one. They really messed up IMHO.
But some of them they did a good job. So I can't say they mess everything up. Just most stuff.
This is all IMO. Smile
Valerie_Jackson
Valerie_Jackson

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Mon May 31, 2010 9:15 am

spectacularviews wrote:I do love the pairing of Bones with Castle, though. They're a good fit together.

And I love that Bones is on Sunday nights, it is the one night I'm likely to generally be able to make myself a TV date. Though I do wish we were a few weeks ahead.
Bones and Castle together is definitely an awesome thing. If only Criminal Minds followed.

Sunday is a great Bones night. It's the night i wind down in front of the tv an typically can take the time off assignments. Our Thursday/Friday (US Wednesday/Thursday) is kinda crappy for me because assessment is always due Friday Sad or i'm going out on the Friday.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by sparklyshoes Mon May 31, 2010 6:42 pm

Agreed! Channel 7 does not know spoiler etiquette!!

At first I thought maybe it was because they assumed people wouldn't remember the backstories, so they just wanted to get people to watch (which the Aussies are doing - we're consistently in the top 20 of all shows!) but now I think the promo people are just dodgy.

sparklyshoes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 111
Say What You Want : "I want to punch the writers sometimes"
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down