Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bones Crossover Fringe, or any Crossover

+10
gordongordonfan
bones20
treble21
Brain&Heart
future_anthro
HermioneGirl101
bonesparticulat
IheartB&B
MI_Bonesgirl
Beliskner
14 posters

Go down

Bones Crossover Fringe, or any Crossover Empty Bones Crossover Fringe, or any Crossover

Post by Beliskner Wed May 26, 2010 12:40 am

I've put it in the spoiler section just to be save.

Someone tweeted HH about a Fringe/Bones Crossover, this was his answer.

@awoods09 I think Fringe is a terrific show. Crossovers are very difficult. We'll talk to Fringe and the network and see if there's a mesh.

What are your thoughts about this or any crossover with Bones, or crossovers in general.

IMO, crossover should stay in the world of fanfiction, I've seen a few and even less work out. I personally have no desire to watch Fringe and I want my 43min of Bones to stay ''just Bones''.

If networks or creators want to do a crossover, they should stick with doing crossovers from their own spin off series, like: NCIS -->NCIS LA and the CSI franchise. TV shows that have the same stuff in common and where you can assume your audience watches the same shows.
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Bones Crossover Fringe, or any Crossover Empty Re: Bones Crossover Fringe, or any Crossover

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Wed May 26, 2010 1:34 am

NO Crossovers. Especially not with such a different type of show. that would be a huge fail.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Bones Crossover Fringe, or any Crossover Empty Re: Bones Crossover Fringe, or any Crossover

Post by IheartB&B Wed May 26, 2010 1:47 am

If Bones had to do a crossover it should be with Lie to Me...

IheartB&B
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesparticulat Wed May 26, 2010 4:33 am

The obvious candidate for a crossover would be House MD that is filmed right next door on the same studio lot. The new House & Cuddy couple could teach B&B a thing or two...? Just kidding. Still, the level of reality, the atmosphere is similar enough, I think. Brennan gives a paper at Princeton, Booth tags along, Brennan gets sick and is taking to Plainsboro hospital OR House & Co. find a body in their hospital and B&B get called in as they are already in town...
bonesparticulat
bonesparticulat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-12-10

http://bonesparticulat.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HermioneGirl101 Wed May 26, 2010 6:13 am

I don't think crossovers belong in the television world-- heck, I don't even like them in fanfiction that much!
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 444
Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner Wed May 26, 2010 6:48 am

I think it's a good way to introduce a spin off but other then that, it should be banned from television.

The're only a few crossover fanfics out of the billion that are on the net that I like.
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Wed May 26, 2010 10:10 am

IheartB&B wrote:If Bones had to do a crossover it should be with Lie to Me...
Agreed.

That said... i dislike cross overs.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Wed May 26, 2010 10:36 am

yeah im with everyone else who says there shouldnt be a Bones crossover.
i dont think that there is a show it could really mesh with. i think if Crossing Jordan was still around they would have been able to do a cross over with that, maybe but other than that i cant really see anything else working.
and i dont want to be spending my Bones time watching half of another show, especially something i dont watch, like Fringe.
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed May 26, 2010 10:55 am

HH has said that a House/Bones crossover would probably never happen because they produced by separate companies ( or something like that) But there was the possibility of a Lie to me crossover this year that got scrapped, and lately there has been talk of Fringe, but i'm not so sure that would work. For me I'd prefer no crossovers because IMO honestly crossovers are usually not great, because the episodes need to be viewed as stand alone ( not all viewers will watch both shows) and because putting other main characters in with our main characters tend to reduce airtime and story development all around.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bones20 Wed May 26, 2010 11:25 am

i never thought the family guy/bones crossover wouldn't work but i thought it was funny (not funny that he was seeing stewie bc of his tumor but you know what i mean)
bones20
bones20

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Wed May 26, 2010 2:23 pm

I'm on the "no crossover's" team on this one! I think it usually leads to people not being totally in character and comes out as weaker episodes.

I think the Stewie thing was maybe easier cause it was brief in the epi and it was an animated character where there wasn't a lot of back and forth human character development???
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Wed May 26, 2010 2:50 pm

I'm not sure i'd call the Stewie thing a crossover.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Wed May 26, 2010 8:35 pm

The only crossover's I've liked are when they are between shows that were spin-offs. Buffy/Angel, Grey's/Private Practice.

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by cynthia_brennanite Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:03 am

I don't like crossovers as well, but just for the fun of it I always imagine one between Bones and Castle, it would be really fun to see those four together, although I know is nearly impossible...
cynthia_brennanite
cynthia_brennanite
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 71
Say What You Want : I'M A HUGE BONES FAN FOR PR, BUT I GUESS OVER HERE WE ALL ARE! SO I FEEL @ HOME....LOL! JUST MAKING NEW FRIENDS WHO SHARE THE SAME PASSION FOR B&B...
Registration date : 2010-02-13

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?ref=profile&id=10

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:17 am

The only crossover I'd really be okay with--that would actually happen, anyway--would be with House. They could find a body on PPTH property or something, and so...I don't know. It just makes me sad because like someone else said it's pretty unlikely.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:33 pm

what about a crossover with Lie To Me? HH tweeted:Me and @DanSackheim Lie to Me exec prod eating an innocent lunch. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
after this, Bones fans on twitter all started to contemplate if a cross over was happening... apparently there was meant to be one in s5, but it didnt happen...
could this be why we are getting an extra episode, 23 instead of 22?
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 19ana89 Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:22 pm

I'd like to see a crossover... just NOT something likr glee. or Fringe. Fringe is an awesome show, but like MI_bonesgirl said... they are completely different shows, and it wouldn't do very good... I'd say lie to me would be a good one. Or criminal minds...
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1938
Say What You Want : Ones who flaunt their power disappear when the truly powerful appear.
Registration date : 2009-01-13

https://www.facebook.com/19ana89

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum