Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cliqueclack TV: Why don't showrunners trust their fans?

+4
Beliskner
Lorna Doone
future_anthro
geraghtyvl
8 posters

Go down

Cliqueclack TV: Why don't showrunners trust their fans? Empty Cliqueclack TV: Why don't showrunners trust their fans?

Post by geraghtyvl Tue May 25, 2010 7:22 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

geraghtyvl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-04-02

Back to top Go down

Cliqueclack TV: Why don't showrunners trust their fans? Empty Re: Cliqueclack TV: Why don't showrunners trust their fans?

Post by future_anthro Tue May 25, 2010 9:31 am

I'm not quite at the stage where i'm annoyed just yet, but i can understand that point of view.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Cliqueclack TV: Why don't showrunners trust their fans? Empty Re: Cliqueclack TV: Why don't showrunners trust their fans?

Post by Lorna Doone Tue May 25, 2010 10:50 am

In response to a question on twitter asking why everyone says that if B/B get together the series will end, Hart had the audacity to respond: "I've never believed that to be true. Our pace has nothing to do with all that hooey. We're telling our story the best way we can.""

I twittered him the portion of his Edmonton speech where he said that if he pandered to his audience they would stop watching next week.

Does he purposefully lie or does he have memory issues?

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Tue May 25, 2010 10:58 am

Lorna Doone wrote:In response to a question on twitter asking why everyone says that if B/B get together the series will end, Hart had the audacity to respond: "I've never believed that to be true. Our pace has nothing to do with all that hooey. We're telling our story the best way we can.""

I twittered him the portion of his Edmonton speech where he said that if he pandered to his audience they would stop watching next week.

Well, that was interesting. He responded in 5 minutes:

"That is missing the phrase "right now" ... or in the pilot for that matter."

Me thinks he's a little sensitive to the issue.

Lorna Rolling Eyes

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner Tue May 25, 2010 11:06 am

I tweeted HH this quote because I feel it is exactly what the majority here is feeling

''I知 pretty sure I知 finished watching the story of how Booth and Bones get together, I知 ready to watch the story of them being together.''
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue May 25, 2010 11:07 am

Lorna Doone wrote:In response to a question on twitter asking why everyone says that if B/B get together the series will end, Hart had the audacity to respond: "I've never believed that to be true. Our pace has nothing to do with all that hooey. We're telling our story the best way we can.""

Does he purposefully lie or does he have memory issues?

Lorna

Well to be fair that particular comment is interpretive, By his pandering comment I took that to mean that if he put them together before he feels the story is ready for it than the fans will stop watching, let's be honest if I had turned on the finale and B/B all of sudden was all coupley I'd feel cheated and I'd be kinda pissed off....... I don't think that means that he thinks that ever putting B/B together it will make people stop watching.
Also I think he does have memory issues Wink
(either that or Marisa Roffman's hints are correct and it's not the producers that have the problem with B/B being together but the network.)
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue May 25, 2010 11:09 am

Lorna Doone wrote:

Well, that was interesting. He responded in 5 minutes:

"That is missing the phrase "right now" ... or in the pilot for that matter."

Me thinks he's a little sensitive to the issue.

Lorna Rolling Eyes

I think it's more that he feels that the quote should be taken in context, because that changes the meaning of it.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Tue May 25, 2010 11:23 am

treble21 wrote:

Well to be fair that particular comment is interpretive, By his pandering comment I took that to mean that if he put them together before he feels the story is ready for it than the fans will stop watching, let's be honest if I had turned on the finale and B/B all of sudden was all coupley I'd feel cheated and I'd be kinda pissed off....... I don't think that means that he thinks that ever putting B/B together it will make people stop watching.
(either that or Marisa Roffman's hints are correct and it's not the producers that have the problem with B/B being together but the network.)

Well he said this a few months ago and it has now been 5 full years of dancing. All of life is a dance, not just the chase.

In #100, we saw 90 seconds of "I knew" -- which was an irrational argument to give to a rationalist -- and "I can't change..." which was accepted in a moment without argument. I know you can't spend the entire 42 minutes having a relationship discussion, but wasting the next 7 episodes is just part of a delaying tactic and tease and the one year time jump just lets you have two new characters who have experienced people and things that we won't know about thus changing them, and will, no doubt, further obstruct the evolving relationship.

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue May 25, 2010 4:48 pm

Lorna Doone wrote:
treble21 wrote:

Well he said this a few months ago and it has now been 5 full years of dancing. All of life is a dance, not just the chase.

In #100, we saw 90 seconds of "I knew" -- which was an irrational argument to give to a rationalist -- and "I can't change..." which was accepted in a moment without argument. I know you can't spend the entire 42 minutes having a relationship discussion, but wasting the next 7 episodes is just part of a delaying tactic and tease and the one year time jump just lets you have two new characters who have experienced people and things that we won't know about thus changing them, and will, no doubt, further obstruct the evolving relationship.

Lorna
@ Lorna - YEP, YEP, and YEP! I'm glad someone else is talking about the finale's issues coming out of the the 100th. THANK YOU! bowdown
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Groovycathers Wed May 26, 2010 6:29 am

Beliskner wrote:I tweeted HH this quote because I feel it is exactly what the majority here is feeling

''I知 pretty sure I知 finished watching the story of how Booth and Bones get together, I知 ready to watch the story of them being together.''

That is a *brilliant* tweet. I wish I'd thought of that. Smile

Groovycathers
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed May 26, 2010 10:43 am

Don't hate me, but I understand why the writers/producers are keeping B&B apart...It's a lot easier to put two main characters on a movie/book because the writers know when it ends, but on a TV show, they have to keep their options open. And if BB were together, fans wouldn't be on here all day long discussing and speculating what is going to happen, instead they would be awing on how cute B&B are. But I also understand why fans are get so frustrated too. To me, the point of this show isn't for B&B to get married and make pretty little babies, it's about the *dance* or how they get together. I'm more interested is seeing how the story plays out rather than watching B&B play house.

I don't think people don't really understand what a big job it is to a writer/producer for a popular TV show. People just say, "why don't they just put B&B together," But HH/SN and the writing team are NOT the only ones that have a say on whether or not B&B should get together. The Fox studios and executives also have say in too.

I would like to see B&B get together romantically and I hope we get to see at least a couple episodes of them as a couple instead of just 5 seconds in the series finale. But I still have no doubt that the series will end with B&B as a couple. This whole show is about B&B's journey together, so it would be absolutely ridiculous for them not to get together in the end.

I hope I didn't offend anyone and I didn't mean to, but I just wanted to express my opinion.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum