Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Booth's Desire -- posted by riviera41797 [14/09/2007]

+2
Seeleybaby
squirtandmilo
6 posters

Go down

Booth's Desire -- posted by riviera41797 [14/09/2007] Empty Booth's Desire -- posted by riviera41797 [14/09/2007]

Post by squirtandmilo Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:48 pm

Posted 14/09/2007 05:29:34 (13/09/2007 08:29:34 PM)

‘Why did I agree to this?’ I wondered silently to myself as I tipped the beer bottle back and let the amber contents slide down my throat. I set the now empty beer bottle down on the bar, and signaled the bartender to bring another. He nodded in silent acknowledgment, and wordlessly set another bottle down on the bar, whisking the empty bottle away.
I tossed a few bills on the bar to cover my tab. If I planned on driving home, this was my last beer. I quickly lifted the bottle to my lips and swallowed another long gulp, and turned on the stool, facing out; I let my eyes wander around the crowded room.
Music blared loudly over the enormous speakers scattered throughout the dimly lit club. Colored lights were flashing, and a strobe light was blinking near the dance floor. The song playing certainly wasn’t improving my mood, I thought bitterly. Rick Springfield’s “Jessie’s Girl” was playing. . . forcing me to think about something I’d rather not.
I try to avoid the after work get-togethers or parties. I like to keep my work life and private life private. Especially when it comes to the squints. I must have been distracted with something else when Angela suggested it to me, because I normally would never have let myself get talked into attending. After agreeing to come, there was no backing out. Not when it was Angela who got me to agree. She could be relentless when she wanted something.
My eyes slowly scanned the crowd. I spotted Angela sitting in a dark corner with Hodgins. She had a wicked grin on her face, and he seemed totally enamored with her, he seemed mesmerized by her smile, and whatever it was she was saying.
Zach seemed to be in a deep conversation with Cam. They were standing off to the side, standing beside a table, watching the people dancing, and conversing. He looked remarkably at ease, considering the social surroundings, and his lack of social life or knowledge of social situations.
My eyes drifted back to Cam. She looked happy, and I was glad. Remembering our last personal conversation, I grimaced at the thought of our painful breakup. It was for the best. I knew that. Maybe she did too. Being in the type of high risk job we both had, it just wasn’t wise. She deserved better, and I couldn’t bear to have anyone involved with me hurt as a result of a case I was working on.
Finally, my gaze fell on the dance floor, where my partner was dancing with my friend and fellow FBI Agent, Tim Sullivan, or “Sully” as we all call him.
‘She looks like she is having a great time’, I thought as I watched her dance.
I hadn’t seen her look this happy in a long time, the smile on her face, lit up all of her features, her eyes bright as they followed Sully’s moves; he was singing along to the lyrics of the song to her, smiling also.
What is my problem here? I asked myself. Why am I feeling so jealous of Sully?
Because you want her for yourself, that’s why, a small voice inside reminded me.
Uncomfortable with the directions my thoughts were headed, I turned away from the dance floor, and leaned both elbows back on the bar, running one hand through my hair. I looked down at the worn bar and sighed. I took one last gulp of the beer and set the bottle on the bar. I’d had enough of that for tonight, the answer to my problem won’t be found in the bottom of that bottle, although it may make me feel better momentarily, I mused.
The song had ended, and suddenly she was next to me. She pulled up a bar stool and said breathlessly “Booth! Hi!”
I tore my eyes away from the bar and over to her. She was smiling and glowing with happiness, perched on the bar stood next to me. Her skin was glistening with perspiration from dancing; her cheeks flushed pink, enhancing her already beautiful complexion.
“Hey Bones” I heard myself say “You look like you’re having a good time huh?”
‘Smooth Booth – point out the obvious, way to make small talk’ I thought to myself irritably
“Where did Sully go?” I asked, glancing around for the other FBI Agent who hadn’t left her side all night. He had been all over her the entire evening, touching her, his arm around her shoulder, embracing, kissing every other moment, his eyes always following her around lustily. I didn’t need to see that.
She shrugged and glanced over her shoulder, “Oh, he said he forgot something in the car, said he’d be right back”
The music changed to a slower tempo song. Couples made their way to the dance floor and embraced. Some singer was crooning on about “Listen to your Heart”. I felt her hand on my shoulder, and she said “Come on. Come dance with me Booth”
“Oh, I don’t know Bones…Sully will-“ I began, but she interrupted me, grabbing my elbow.
“Booth come on. One dance and I didn’t ask you to marry me, just dance with me, that’s what partners are for, right?” she laughed, and pulled me onto the crowded floor. I reluctantly allowed myself to be guided from my spot at the bar.
I felt my arms go automatically around her waist, and she twined her own around my neck. Our bodies melded and seemed to fit perfectly. Now I was where I’d wanted to be all night.
I was holding her.
I was dancing with her.
The world seemed to evaporate around us. I looked down into her clear blue eyes, which were suddenly solemn, perhaps seeking answers from my own. For a long moment, our eyes locked before she finally broke the silence.
“You seem quiet tonight Booth are you okay?” she asked me, her brows drawn with concern
“Yeah, you know…I’m fine Bones…” I assured her half heartedly, looking away and taking a deep breath, forcing more cheerfulness into my voice than I actually felt.
Her scent assaulted my senses. Sandalwood and some unknown floral fragrance made my head spin, or was it the beer? I closed my eyes a moment and let myself imagine she was mine.
That she was more than my partner.
That she would look at me the way she looked at Sully.
That I’d never made the mistake of shooting that clown, of sending Sully to do what was supposed to have been my job.
They never would have met if not for me, I reminded myself bitterly. I shook my head, pushing that thought from my mind. That was much trampled ground. I’d been kicking myself for that for the last two weeks.
Then I felt her lay her head on my chest and move in even closer to me. Her voice drifted up “I can feel your heart beat Booth…”
I tipped my head down into her hair and inhaled deeply, and whispered her name, her given name, “Temperance…” she didn’t say anything, she probably didn’t hear me anyway.
What must have been seconds seemed to drag on forever, and then the song was done.
She pulled away from me, and scanned the room for Sully.
The moment was over, my fantasy thoughts gone and the real world was back.
For just a glimmer of a moment, she was mine, if only in my thoughts. Reality kicked in, and I put the false smile back on my face, I dutifully followed her off the dance floor, and back to the bar area I’d been occupying before. Spotting Sully, she quickened her pace.
Sully nodded to me, unsuspecting of my true thoughts. Bones slipped her arm around his waist, and watched me with an unreadable expression on her face. I and said something about having to leave, unable to bear watching them together for a moment longer after holding her in my arms, pretending she was more than just my partner.
“I’ll see you Monday Booth?” I heard my partner ask me
I glanced back over my shoulder at her, and replied “Yeah….see you…”
As I left the club, I could hear the beginning notes of “Hot Blooded”. I hesitated a moment, shook my head, and left.
squirtandmilo
squirtandmilo
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 17139
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Booth's Desire -- posted by riviera41797 [14/09/2007] Empty Re: Booth's Desire -- posted by riviera41797 [14/09/2007]

Post by squirtandmilo Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:48 pm

Posted 17/09/2007 13:03:19 (17/09/2007 04:03:19 AM) CheeseBK

Can't believe I just found this now... i loved it!!!
squirtandmilo
squirtandmilo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Booth's Desire -- posted by riviera41797 [14/09/2007] Empty Re: Booth's Desire -- posted by riviera41797 [14/09/2007]

Post by squirtandmilo Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:49 pm

Posted 17/09/2007 16:56:42 (17/09/2007 07:56:42 AM) riviera41797

Thank you! I had a lot of fun writing this one!
squirtandmilo
squirtandmilo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 19/09/2007 09:51:00 (19/09/2007 00:51:00 AM) redrider6612

Awww, that was so sad! Poor Booth. So, I don't suppose you could continue? Like maybe one day he might actually muster up the courage to tell her how he feels? And finds out she really only wanted him all along? Great job, riviera.
squirtandmilo
squirtandmilo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 20/09/2007 23:01:13 (20/09/2007 02:01:13 PM) fanofbones

great job riv....loved it...and bittersweet...
sully sucks...couldn't you do something about that for us....
just one more chapter....B&B belong together.

fab
squirtandmilo
squirtandmilo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by squirtandmilo Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:50 pm

Posted 21/09/2007 04:08:11 (20/09/2007 07:08:11 PM)

Okay - for you guys only - this will not appear anywhere else.

----------------------------------------------------

My head down, I left the bar slowly, my mind still trying to process all that I had just experienced inside. My truck was parked way down in the back of the lot, so I began my long trek. The parking lot was pretty full of cars, but there was no one about, no one outside.

Pausing a moment, I spied her car, and remembered holding her in my arms just moments ago. My gaze shifted down to the pavement and I wondered to myself how I was going to continue being her partner and friend when I had all these feelings for her.

She's happy now, that's all that matters, I scolded myself silently.

Yeah, well what about my happiness, I argued back to that small voice in my head

You're being selfish. She made her choice. I reminded myself sternly.

No she didn't, she didn't know there was a choice to make,
that voice pointed out

Realizing I was still stanking in the middle of the lot, I moved on. I can think about all this crap at home.

I was just about to my truck when I heard her voice behind me. Wondering if I was dreaming, I slowly turned around. And like some sort of miracle, she was there. Putting on my best poker face, I managed "Bones....what's wrong? I thought you were in there, you know with uh...Sully" and offered a small smile

her cheeks were flushed from running, and with the darkness surrounding her, the light from the moon shining on her, made her look stunning. I tried to keep my composure.

"Booth...." she said, and paused a moment, licked her lips and slid one hand into her pocket

"Bones?" I heard myself say, question in my voice, my eyebrows raised.

"I want to say something....well, what I meant to say is I want to tell you..." she trailed off, looked up at the sky a moment, and her eyes met mine again. She look so serious, I thought

"What's going on?" I said softly, taking one step towards her,my arm outstretched

Immediatley, she came into my arms and rested her head on my chest. Again, that same unique Brennan scent drifted up. For a moment, she said nothing, then after a long moment, she looked up, one arm still tightly circling my waist, her incredible blue eyes met my own

"I can't go on with Sully" she said, and broke our locked gaze

I thought I might just do a cartwheel right there, I was so happy. I managed to keep my cool though, and said "Oh? why not?"

She looked back up into my eyes, and said "Booth....because...well..." she trailed off, and looked away again.

Okay come on Bones....I thought to myself wildly, don't let this opportunity slip by

"What is it?" I pressed, keeping my one arm around her, the other resting on her shoulder

Finally, she swallowed and said "Well, because I have feelings for someone else, and these feelings are stronger than what I feel for Sully. So it isn't fair to him, you know?" she blurted out in a rush

Elated, I continued to keep a cool facade, when inside I felt like I'd had one too many energy drinks. "I see...and does this...other person feel the same?" I asked her gently, while slowly pulling her even closer to me.

"Well, that's just it, I've never revealed how I felt, I didn't want to mess things up. Relationships aren't really my area of expertise" she said to me. Now her eyes looked fearful.

"Well, you'll never now unless you say something, right? I mean, you don't want to go your whole life without ever knowing how it could have been, right?" I asked her, my gaze never wavering

She thought a moment, and pulled away from me. I instantly missed her warmth, but tried not to show my dissapointment in my face.

"You're right. I am going to do it. I am going to cross that line" she said emphatically.

My eyebrows rose, as she turned and took a few steps away. My heart fell. What did I do? I thought sadly

Instead of watching her go, I turned to my truck, and was about to unlock it when I felt her tap me on the shoulder, surprised, I turned to face her

"Booth, I've never had the nerve to say it, but a good friend recently told me I'd never know unless I tried. I love you. Its you I want to be with. Booth...will you cross that line with me?" she ventured warily

I reached out to her, and took her in my arms, and kissed her the way I'd fantasized about for months. She responded immediatley, her body melting against mine.

Now I was holding her

Now she was mine

the END

Okay - that was sort of fly by the seat of my pants - your thoughts? - R -
squirtandmilo
squirtandmilo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by squirtandmilo Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:51 pm

Posted 21/09/2007 07:46:19 (20/09/2007 10:46:19 PM) redrider6612

That was absolutely wonderful, riviera! I really loved it! So sweet. My heart about stopped when she walked away, so I'm glad you restarted it a minute later when she tapped him on the shoulder. (She cracks me up when she does that in the show.)
squirtandmilo
squirtandmilo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 21/09/2007 09:02:57 (21/09/2007 00:02:57 AM) JAXTIG

That was great! To me you could just feel the fellings with Booth. Look forward to your next fic.
squirtandmilo
squirtandmilo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 22/09/2007 00:02:38 (21/09/2007 03:02:38 PM) fanofbones

rivie...that was fanfuckintastic girl...
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...
I loved it and my heart melted too....

fab
squirtandmilo
squirtandmilo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by squirtandmilo Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:52 pm

Posted 22/09/2007 01:14:46 (21/09/2007 04:14:46 PM) CheeseBK

awesome!!!!
squirtandmilo
squirtandmilo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeleybaby Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:59 am

This is good. I thought I already read it, but maybe not.
I liked how Brennan is the one who kind of made the moves Smile

Seeleybaby
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:33 am

Yeah it does say it's a "two shot" hehehe! I love this story. Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by midid Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:51 pm

Okay so I loved the first chapter, but I was so sad for Booth and then I scrolled down...intending to leave you this reply and I found chapter 2 and I'm so glad I did. Yeah they are together... Bye Bye Sully!! Great story. Smile

midid

Number of posts : 6
Say What You Want : I admit it...I'm a Bones Addict!
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:03 pm

Thank you! sunny
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1560
Say What You Want : I may not post a lot, but I am out there, lurking!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.twitter.com/aprilosbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by shopgirl909 Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:35 am

That was cute! Great job!
shopgirl909
shopgirl909
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 401
Location : San Diego, CA...though I wish it were London...*sigh*
Say What You Want : I want to be able to see more of the world.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum