Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gravedigger, Letter, + 100th

+13
boothbrennan13
dawnsfire
booth fan
treble21
Lorna Doone
19ana89
mommahurley
sera
jro54
nati.cba
DONEWITHIT
yvettelgh
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gravedigger, Letter, + 100th Empty Gravedigger, Letter, + 100th

Post by yvettelgh Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:10 am

Hi All,

Has anyone had second thoughts as to what might be in the letter after the 100th episode?

yvettelgh
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 42
Say What You Want : I believe in fate.
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Back to top Go down

Gravedigger, Letter, + 100th Empty Re: Gravedigger, Letter, + 100th

Post by DONEWITHIT Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:14 am

yvettelgh wrote:Hi All,

Has anyone had second thoughts as to what might be in the letter after the 100th episode?
By now most likely HH and Co. (DB included) will make Brennan's letter nothing....right in the trial will find out that ...."you know she is so socially ackward and traumatized that instead of writing the letter to a loved one she wrote her grocery shopping list" whip
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 187
Say What You Want : Ifyou don't have anything constructive to say,silence is your best friend.
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by nati.cba Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:18 am

hahahahahahaha! be positive!
That letter HAS to be on the trial otherwise I'll get really pissed off at HH! I'm OK so far, but don't mess with that HH because you'll see Nati angry! (like if they cared!)
Anyway, I think they can't skip that, maybe they don't read it in the trial, but it has to be mentioned and I HOPE it was to Booth however, you never know. It was season 2 back then, the Brennan wasn't the one from the pilot but wasn't the one from season 5 either.
nati.cba
nati.cba
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:35 am

Yes! Be positive! If the letter is mentioned, I think it is to Booth, telling him how much that he has changed her life, but it won't be telling him that she is "in love" with him because she may be in love with him now, but not in season 2.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by sera Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:52 am

I don't think Booth was so much of Brennan's life that she would only direct the letter to him, at least I hope not. It'd be really disappointing if she had nothing to say to the others.
sera
sera
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by 192630 Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:18 am

I think it will be to her brother for not forgiven him sooner, friends (Angela), and Booth. Since 100th airing, Brennan might regret not giving him a chance in the first meeting. Booth will have to be mentioned somewhere if only to ask him not to blame himself. HH said that the GD trial would be the catalyst for BB.

Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:38 am

I'm pretty sure, The Gravedigger trial won't even mention a letter because, from what we saw in both of those cases, they found the evidence through illegal means...Jarred broke enough rules that he was dishonorably discharged for it. Hodgins kept that piece of bumper sticker, so chain of custody issues would make that evidence worthless. I imagine they can't use any of the evidence, so that would throw out both of those cases for trial purposes. The Boy with the Answers, suggests to me that it's going to be one of her other victims that is the case that she's on trial for.

Since this palce is called Spoilers baby, I guess I'm allowed to say why. I'll just say read the sides. It's not conclusive, but it suggests this...but I'm pretty sure, based on watching those eps over and over again, that this is the case.

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by 19ana89 Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:44 am

Not to be negitave, but I really don't think they'll ever bring up the note... Sad I hope they will, but I doubt it...
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1938
Say What You Want : Ones who flaunt their power disappear when the truly powerful appear.
Registration date : 2009-01-13

https://www.facebook.com/19ana89

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:05 pm

Strangely enough, I've never thought there was a letter. We saw Hodgins hand her the paper. Brennan looks at it and then puts it down on the seat next to her. I think she was too busy making the airbag/bomb that was their last chance to get out of the car. Also, if she wrote a note, it would ruin the end line of the episode: "I knew you'd never give up." Writing a goodbye letter would be giving up. With the limited time they had, she'd concentrate on making the bomb.

Having said that, I'm not adverse to there being a note. If they choose to use such a note in the Gravedigger trial, it would be to help the jury understand why Brennan went to the illegal lengths she went to to find Booth, why she hauled off and belted Taffet even after Booth was located. Caroline may even want Brennan to say out loud that she loves Booth.

It's also important to remember that at the end of the Blue Line, Booth tells Brennan that when Eddie heard what the officer had done for him, "he fell in love with her all over again." This is what is going to have to happen to Booth. We've seen him pulling away from her after #100. He's even going to try to find a new soul mate. Instead, realizing that Brennan has loved him for a long time, Booth may be reconsidering his search for a new soul mate.

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:43 pm

Lorna Doone- I'm pretty sure they show her rip out a piece of paper from the book....but I haven't watched the episode in a Loooooong time so maybe i'm wrong?
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:58 pm

Lorna Doone wrote:Strangely enough, I've never thought there was a letter. We saw Hodgins hand her the paper. Brennan looks at it and then puts it down on the seat next to her. I think she was too busy making the airbag/bomb that was their last chance to get out of the car. Also, if she wrote a note, it would ruin the end line of the episode: "I knew you'd never give up." Writing a goodbye letter would be giving up. With the limited time they had, she'd concentrate on making the bomb.

Having said that, I'm not adverse to there being a note. If they choose to use such a note in the Gravedigger trial, it would be to help the jury understand why Brennan went to the illegal lengths she went to to find Booth, why she hauled off and belted Taffet even after Booth was located. Caroline may even want Brennan to say out loud that she loves Booth.

It's also important to remember that at the end of the Blue Line, Booth tells Brennan that when Eddie heard what the officer had done for him, "he fell in love with her all over again." This is what is going to have to happen to Booth. We've seen him pulling away from her after #100. He's even going to try to find a new soul mate. Instead, realizing that Brennan has loved him for a long time, Booth may be reconsidering his search for a new soul mate.

Lorna
I totally agree with Booth falling in love with Brennan all over again. SN said something about Booth trying to move on. He will try to move on, but he will be unsuccessful because this whole show is about B&B and with HH's hints and his reassurance, I think it's safe to say that B&B will definitely get together eventually. We just don't know when. And didn't HH say that the GD trail was going to be a catalyst for B&B? I'm sure that what ever happens with the GD will be emotional for both of them and it will hopefully push them together by the finale.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by booth fan Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:27 pm

I was thinking that the letter if used for the trial Brennan would be a rational explanation of what happened followed by the conversation she had with Hodgins about her faith in Booth and how she knows he did his best to find them, I do not think it is a love letter as Brennan still believes love is a chemical reaction and not a rational feeling.
booth fan
booth fan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:37 pm

treble21 wrote:Lorna Doone- I'm pretty sure they show her rip out a piece of paper from the book....but I haven't watched the episode in a Loooooong time so maybe i'm wrong?
Hodgins hands her a piece of paper from the book, she takes it and appears to be writing on it, as though she didn't need to think about it.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:39 pm

dawnsfire wrote:
treble21 wrote:Lorna Doone- I'm pretty sure they show her rip out a piece of paper from the book....but I haven't watched the episode in a Loooooong time so maybe i'm wrong?
Hodgins hands her a piece of paper from the book, she takes it and appears to be writing on it, as though she didn't need to think about it.

queen

there's my go-to girl for Bones trivia! I was pretty sure she had written something
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:48 pm

*takes a bow* Thanks, treb--I do my best! I love that ep.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by boothbrennan13 Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:07 pm

I would love the letter to be included. Because I think that a letter to Booth, or to Booth and the rest of the squints, could really be what bonds the two, as HH says that the ep brings them together. Yes, they did both share an experience of being taken by the Gravedigger, but I feel that there needs to be more. Whether the catalyst is the letter, or it could be as Lorna Doone said with regards to Bones on the Blue Line, Booth seeing what Brennan was wiling to do for him, I think (and hope) Booth will realize not only that he can not move on from Brennan, but that also she is truly in love with him, and although it's not as easy for her as it is for him, they can attempt to build a relationship together.
boothbrennan13
boothbrennan13
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:58 pm

Like I said...those events will be inadmissable evidence. They have nothing to do with what she is being charged with. You can't even mention anything to do with any other possible crimes if you don't have either enough admissable evidence to charge her with those crimes, or unless she's already been convicted of them. That would be grounds for a mis trial. They are not going to mention the fact that she kidnapped any of them, becuase that evidence got thrown out!

I'm really not trying to be negative, it's just that you all are getting your hopes up about all the possible outcomes of what happend in those episodes being discussed. They may discuss it among themselves outside of court, but none of it will be mentioned in the trial. I just hate to see you all be so disappointed after you see this ep.

She could not be tried on those cases becuase of bad evidence gathering. The trial will be about Brennan and Co...coming up with evidence other than their own incidents, and they will find one of her previously unidentified victims, and B&B and The Team are going to have to try to convict her based on that evidence.

I wish we would hear about the letters....but I don't think we will...unless they talk about it at the lab or something.

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:53 pm

Hodgins rips the paper out of the book and hands it to her.

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:55 pm

dawnsfire wrote:

queen

Her hands are below the level of the seat, so we don't really see what she does. To me, at the time, it looked as though she just laid it on the seat. In addition, Hodgins only gave them a little bit more air. She needs to finish her airbag device, not work on writing a note. That's how I saw it at the time.

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:07 pm

mommahurley wrote:Like I said...those events will be inadmissable evidence. They have nothing to do with what she is being charged with. You can't even mention anything to do with any other possible crimes if you don't have either enough admissable evidence to charge her with those crimes, or unless she's already been convicted of them.

Now, don't go all lawyerly on us. Wink If it is othewise good for the story, writers will want to put something in a trial, they'll find a way.

Also, if I could get all lawyerly for a moment, there are other reasons to submit relevant evidence in a trial. Taffet can bring up the things that were said in her presence in order to throw doubt on the people who are giving testimony about the evidence they found. Maybe they manufactured it. Remember, Taffet also heard Brennan say "If anyone could kill her and get away with it, we could." Caroline is going to want to rebut such a powerful statement by showing Brennan's motivation.

By the way, that statement by Brennan is why I've always thought, if they brought back the gravedigger, Brennan was going to be the one who ends up in jail for murder.

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:40 pm

if i remember the sides correctly,it seems like the start of the show there is a hearing determining if the evidence is admissible or not, so the letter could be brought up then.... personally I don't want them too,because I think people have built it up in their minds, and it could end up being disappointing
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by 19ana89 Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:47 am

Now.... is this episode THE season finale or close to it?? I can't remember...
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : Ones who flaunt their power disappear when the truly powerful appear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:48 am

19ana89 wrote:Now.... is this episode THE season finale or close to it?? I can't remember...

The gravedigger episode comes right before the finale.

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by 19ana89 Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:49 am

Ah. ok thanks! Smile
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:26 am

19ana89 wrote:Now.... is this episode THE season finale or close to it?? I can't remember...

the one before the finale.
the list of the last five eps is, The predator in the pool , The rocker in the rinse cycle, The witch in the wardrobe, The boy with the answers , and the finale The beginning in the end.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum